The Wicklow Way Relay this year will be on Sat.
As usual we hope to make this event as accessible as possible for everyone.
With this in mind there are 8 stages and 7 different ways of forming a team
Wicklow Way Relay Rules
For teams of two to eight runners to be made up as follows
· Teams of 2: Open
· Teams of 3: to include a lady or vet.
· Teams of 4: to include a lady and vet. (may be the same person)
· Teams of 5: to include a lady and vet. (may not be the same person)
· Teams of 6: to include 2 ladies or 2 vets. (may be the same persons)
· Teams of 7: to include 2 ladies and 2 vets. (only one may be the same person)
· Teams of 8: to include 2 ladies, 2 vets (may not be the same persons)
· Each team have their own support crew.
· Change over allowed at official stage ends only.
· Teams to be pre-entered and accepted, closing date 28/5/04
· All runners to sign IMRA form if not already members
· Juniors over 15 and under 17 must run stage 3 (no runners under 15 on day of race on any stage, no runners under 17 on day of race on stages 1,2,4,5,6,7,8)
· Each runner to previously familiarize themselves with their leg of the run (briefing sheets available on site).
STAGE MASS START START FINISH CUT-OFF DISTANCE
1. 7.00 Kilmashogue- Curtlestown 14.00km
2. Curtlestown Lough Tay 14.00km
3. 11.00 * Lough Tay - Oldbridge 8.00km
4. Oldbridge - Glendalough 10.00km
5. 15.00* Glendalough - Drumgoff 15.00km
6. Drumgoff - Ballyteige Bridge 13.00km
7. Ballyteige- Derry River, Tinahely 17.00km
8. Tinahely - Shillelagh. 13.00km
* In unlikely event of previous stage runner
not having completed their stage