- Race to the top of Sorrell and back, starting on good forest trail but moving quickly on to slippery trial and finish on open mountain
- Wednesday 10 June, 2015
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Leinster League
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Getting There:
- Nearest major landmark is Blessington village which is on the N81 some 5/6 miles southwest of Tallaght. however an alternative to turning off in Blessington village is to take a left turn just before Blessington called 'Red lane' as noted on the OS56 map. Road is not marked Red lane but sign posted for Lake Drive and Lacken. (note there is a house with a white garden wall right at the corner of the left turn.)will have an imra race sign up. Continue down red lane, at T junction take right turn sign posted for Lake Drive and Lacken. Take next left turn to cross Blessington Bridge over the Phollaphuca reservoir, turn right after crossing bridge, follow road around (taking care to keep right on main road and NOT go straight at sharp right bend with GAA club sign. A small lane on left after sharp bend leads to event G.R O 003123.(lane is Approximately 1.4 miles from bridge). This turn is easy to miss so watch out for the marshall/sign at this turn off. Continue up lane until see marshall directing traffic into field on left. If you miss left turn will end up in Lacken - so turn back again to find laneway to start - on right this time!) If coming from Blessington village take the left turn off the N81 at the traffic lights in the centre of the village. take the route signposted to Lacken. After about 1km from Blessington, turn right across the Blessington Bridge and follow directions as above.
- Organisers Instructions:
- Registration is in car parking field close to race start and will close at 7.15 sharp. Anyone arriving after this time will not be registered for race. Please carpool at Zellers beforehand which is just 5 mins drive past left turn up lane to race start.
Parking costs as per recent races:
â‚¬5 for 1 person car
â‚¬4 for 2 person car
â‚¬3 for 3 person car
â‚¬2 for 4 or more
Strickly no car parking directly at race start - the limited space here is reserved for laptop operators.
Juniors: In keeping with IMRA rules 'Rule 410 Age Limits' there will be a juniors race route which will be marked accordingly. Instructions to be given on the night. NPWS have granted permission for this event however they have capped numbers to 200 competitors. Entries will be accepted on a first come first served basis. Please arrive early to avoid disappointment.
Under IMRA rules for competitors safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
- Prizegiving Location:
- Zellers, Lacken
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Surname||Firstname||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|
|Jansen||Bram||Ratoath||Will be at Red Cow Luas at 18:10.||17:40:00||4||1|
|McParland||Damien||UCD||Goatstown, Beacon, M50, Tallaght||17:45:00||4||1|
|Coller||Stephen||Celbridge||rathcoole saggart blessing ton||18:15:00||2||0|
|Mulvey||Keith||Dublin - eircom HSQ (near Heuston Station) , Military Rd. Dublin.8||N4, Outer ring road, N7, Citywest, N81, Blessington. Can return to Dublin or Luas etc.||17:00:00||4||3|
|Rouse||David||St. Stephen's Green||Rathmines, Terenure||17:50:00||2||2|
|Cahill||James H||Delgany||Greystones, Roundwood||17:45:00||2||2|