- Clare Glens
- Wednesday 11 May, 2011
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 5 (2,1,2) - Moderate Terrain, <200M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Summer League
- Route Description:
- Three loops of the marked Clare Glens trail loop, going anti-clockwise (up the valley on the Limerick side, and down on the Tipperary side). Expect some mud/slippery tree roots/etc i.e. you may get wet and dirty!
- Getting There:
- Clare Glens, Newport, Co. Tipperary
Coming from Limerick (going east on the R503), go straight through Newport and take a right at the GAA pitch less than 1km from Newport. This road will take you to an obvious car park on the right hand side after about 2km (if you go over a bridge you've gone too far).
OSI grid reference: R 729 600Google Streetview link
Despite what it says above, this race is not in Co. Clare!
- Organisers Instructions:
- Please arrive at 19:00 to give time for race registration.
This race is open to all and the cost is â‚¬5.
If you have already run an IMRA race this year, bring your number with you, if not you can speed things up by downloading the membership form and filling it in beforehand, but they will be available on the day as well.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Refreshments afterwards in Croker's Bar in Murroe
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize