Irish Mountain
Running Association

Prince William's Seat

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Geraldine O'SheaApr 24 2008, 9:29amMessage for Justin Rea - could you give me a call or drop me a line please ? Looking to get contact details for Mick's Field ! Cheers, Geraldine (tel 0868356978) or email geraldine_oshea at yahoo dot ie
Geraldine O'SheaMay 22 2008, 11:15amParking for next week will be at Mick's field. Directions are on the Events page and there will be an IMRA sign at the turnoff point from the main road. Please bring only fully occupied cars to the race start. Use the Carpool system on the website to get in touch with other runners from your area and carpool from as far out as possible - we don't want to cause traffic mayhem in Enniskerry either !
There is a (voluntary) car parking charge of ?2 per car which will go to St. Vincent de Paul. This is a very generous gesture on the part of the field owner and is very much appreciated. There will be a couple of car parking marshalls so please follow their instructions.
The race will start promptly at 7.30pm. Registration will close at 7.25pm to allow time for a quick race briefing and course description.
Prizegiving afterwards will be at The Powerscourt Arms in Enniskerry. Thanks to everyone who has volunteered to help out at this race and fingers crossed for good weather !
Bronagh CheethamMay 23 2008, 1:37pmJust to note, Geraldine and I wil be doing a cake sale on the night too to raise funds for a triathlon that we're doing during the summer in aid of cancer research. see 'tritobeatcancer.com' website for full details. Cakes will be on sale before and after race and if theres anything left, we'll bring to pub afterwards.
Pol O'MurchuMay 23 2008, 2:08pmHey Can anyone give me directions from M50 to parking/ race start?
michael redmondMay 23 2008, 4:40pmhey can anyone give me directions to the cake stall.
Geraldine O'SheaMay 23 2008, 7:43pmPol,

Follow the M50 southbound to the end where it merges with the M11 at Bray. Continue south (motorway becomes the N11) and take the left turn for Enniskerry. This will bring you back on to the N11 facing the opposite direction. Take the next left turn signposted for Enniskerry and follow this road to the village. Directions from here as per the events page.
Geraldine O'SheaMay 23 2008, 7:52pmMichael,

Just follow the aroma of home baked scones, flapjacks, brownies and rice krispie cakes !
Brendan LawlorMay 29 2008, 8:02amWell done to Geraldine O'Shea for organising an excellent return visit to Prince Williams seat last night - Mick's field, tough climbs, mud and rocks and then a cake sale back at the pub - what more could you ask for!

Also Geraldine showed a very cool head in managing the few injuries (get well soon) on the night and one briefly missing runner.
Rene BorgMay 29 2008, 11:56amHi all, there's some errors included in today's results (earlier starts not incorporated, juniors on the long course etc.). We are just in the process of fixing these, so full team results won't be available until after.
Bronagh CheethamMay 29 2008, 4:19pmWe raised a very generous amount of ?247.62 at the cake sale last night. A big thanks to all our bakers (Sarah, Aoife, Rachel to name but a few) and a huge thanks to you all for your donations to a very worthy cause. Hope you all had your fill and enjoyed..
Geraldine O'SheaMay 29 2008, 6:46pmA few items of lost property from last night's race - 1 red long sleeve Nike top with light grey trim. Mens' size L and a ladies' Kalenjie/Decathlon long sleeve top in black with pink trim, size 36. If you own either please post up and I can arrange to get them back to you at the next race. I'll even wash them :-)
Karen DugganMay 29 2008, 9:06pmIm the owner of the black ladies top. I forgot to collect it at the finish because i was a bit pre occupied with a dislocated shoulder. Ill be at the next mountain race Geraldine so hopefully i can collect it off you then. Just to let people know my shoulder is back in place and hopefully will be back running in a couple of weeks. Thanks very much Denise and Moire and everyone that was looking after me after the race.
Moire O'SullivanMay 30 2008, 8:59amHi Karen, Good to hear that your shoulder is back where it should be. Hope it heals quickly for you so you can be back doing more of your kamikaze descents very soon!
Eugene CoppingerMay 30 2008, 5:24pmGood to see you are on the mend Karen.
I was talking to the radiologist who was looking after your case and she was very complimentary about you. "Tough nut" she said. She's right. You are a tough nut. I know it won't be long before you will be throwing yourself down mountains again.
Marlon DaviesJun 1 2008, 8:49amJust wanted to say that this race was my first with IMRA. I took advantage of the carpool registration with another friend of mine. Con O'Donovan ended up picking up three people which gave my friend and I an opportunity to meet some new people ( I am from Canada)and he also gave us some great info on the association and what we might expect. Can't say I expected quite as much mud on the way down the seat but I loved every minute of it! Thanks for a great first race.