Irish Mountain
Running Association

Brockagh

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Vivian O'GormanJun 12 2009, 1:16pmHi Folks,

I need both a Laptop Operator and a First Aid Person for Brockagh race on 24th next.Any one interested just click into myimra and volunteer that way otherwise I will be at Scarr next Wed.
Vivian O'GormanJun 18 2009, 9:52pmI am still looking for a Laptop Operator for Brockagh next Wednesday and one non running volunteer.

Please email me: swiftswallows@hotmail.com

Otherwise its back to a corner of the pub with a pint and do it all out by hand! back to the old days! -- no comments from you older folk, I know what you do be saying!
Vivian O'GormanJun 21 2009, 3:32pmI have enough volunteers for Brockagh next Wednesday.Thanks to all of you who offered to help. See you all Wednesday.
Vivian O'GormanJun 23 2009, 4:13pmI'm back again -- had a cry off -- so I'm looking for someone to do the summit

of Brockagh.Would need to be in Laragh 6.15/6.30 at latest.

John MacEnriJun 23 2009, 4:46pmVivian,

I could do summit for you. Only thing is, how early do you need me up there.
I will be in Laragh by about 6:45 and can head straight up. Will that be early enough?

John
Paul CullenJun 24 2009, 4:32pmAnyone leaving town or thereabouts for this race and could offer a lift??
Keith LaceyJun 25 2009, 1:05amJust want to thank the 2 guys who stopped to help me when I fell during the race, appreciate it. Sorry I messed up your run... Shoulders still sore but not broken bones.
Rene BorgJun 25 2009, 9:55amHi all,

Team report and overall team results are now up on the race report and Leinster League results page respectively.

-Rene
Anthony MaloneJun 25 2009, 10:20amRene, did you miss me there. Clonliffe.
Rene BorgJun 25 2009, 10:38amHi Anthony,

I did (dangers of doing it at midnight!), Dermot just wrote me about it and I'm updating report and results now to reflect the true standings.

-Rene
Rene BorgJun 25 2009, 10:43amAll team results, reports etc. are now fixed and Clonliffe in 2nd were they rightly finished on the night.
Ronan HickeyJun 25 2009, 1:38pmSo this is how the experts maintain grip going downhill. Impressive!

http://www.imra.ie/photos/view/id/31105/

Another great shot from John Shiels! :-)

John MacEnriJun 25 2009, 2:19pmThere should be a prize for whoever manages to tag this one.

http://www.imra.ie/photos/view/id/31360/

Nice photo Peter:-) A couple of master classes from John might be due.

John
Mick HanneyJun 25 2009, 2:31pmLooks suspiciously like the winner's asics :-)

Maybe certain photographers have a liking for taking pictures of feet!
Peter O'FarrellJun 25 2009, 2:33pmOrla will get the prize so...I believe he was in third place at the time.

I can't upload piccies under her name so I'll happily claim the credit for them, that's a great shot by the way John Mac- such urgency and energy, that foot is thrusting forward to the finish with great vigour :)
John ShielsJun 25 2009, 2:39pmI Believe this is called "Shoerotica"
Eva FairmanerJun 25 2009, 3:18pmSome of the girls were pleased to beat Aisling last night (I wasn't one of them!) and now they know why - she was too busy trying out for the circus!
Sonja FuhrmannJun 25 2009, 6:09pmJust a note to say thank you for all the help I got in the race yesterday! It was great having all the support when I needed it badly! Thanks to Michael, Vivian, Garry, Karen, Jackie, Rob and whoever else was there to talk to me, trying to get rid of the midges, carrying me down the mountain eg. Its a good feeling having people like you there! And I'm feeling much better today! Thanks!!!
Peter O'FarrellJun 26 2009, 3:41pmI see ( don't see? ) the running foot photo has been left this virtual space.

This poor unfortunate photo had a short inglorious existence, it suffered jibes from mp3 cullers and was finally crully cut short by the lack of a sweaty but recognisable number.

I call for freedom for this and other non-runner faces photos!

Idle landscape shots taken before races, interesting path junctions, all these and more are suffering for the lack of celebrating the ego...

it is a great race though and well done to all who competed, a cracking evening for running and congratulations to the uncatchable league champions Caroline and Eoin.

peter