Irish Mountain
Running Association

Croagh Patrick

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Martin CortvriendNov 17 2008, 5:59pmWell here's a thing! Croagh Patrick in the Spring. Why the change in date?
1 Fewer pilgrims getting in the way?
2 The rocks are easier to run over at this time of year?
3 ?
Paul O'GradyNov 17 2008, 7:34pmThe Connaught Championship needs to be run over a bank holiday weekend.

Allows you to get down on the friday and back on the monday.

It worked well last year on the bank holiday.

The Dublin Peaks long distance race looks good for this years August Bank holiday and gives you an extra day to recover. Nice planning.

Also for those of us who entered Gael Force West the novelty of Croagh Patrick had worn off in August!!!
Paul O'GradyMar 2 2009, 7:20pmI know it is 2 months away - but those 2 months will fly by with St Patricks Day and the start of the Summer League.

Has there been any word from Delphi on their Accomodation Rates for this year?

It is the May Bank Holiday in Westport after all - so we would want to get booking!!
Turlough ConwayMar 3 2009, 3:56pmHi Paul.

Good point! Delphi have confirmed they are available to accommodate us, allright but I will get in touch with them to pin down the exact rates so people can book early. Will post up here.
Peter O'FarrellApr 21 2009, 2:58pmRound 1 of the Irish champs is this coming May Bank Holiday weekend.

The Connaught Championship is being in conjunction with the IC that weekend and boasts two races over two days to find the Connaught Champion for 2009, my money is on Bernard Fortune to win race two with local cute hoor Conway being a good each way bet on his fresh legs!

As Johnny McCabe would say - "Avec Spirite"

don mackinnonApr 25 2009, 7:16pmDoes anyone know about the accommodation at delphi?
Mick HanneyApr 25 2009, 7:25pmDon - please forum post about Delphi accomodation from Turlough a few days back AND home page has similar details.
Peter O'FarrellApr 28 2009, 2:01pmSpace for 3 passengers leaving Rathfarnham area at 9am Saturday.
cheers,
Peter
Justin ReaApr 28 2009, 2:15pmPeter,

When are you coming back? I need to be back in Dublin on Sunday night.
Peter O'FarrellApr 28 2009, 2:42pmif no one is coming back Sunday I can drop you to the Westport train/bus
Justin ReaApr 28 2009, 4:46pmCan anyone give me a lift back to Dublin (Rathfarnham) on Sunday?

I'll even run Ben Gorm if I have too ;-)
Paul CullenApr 28 2009, 9:23pmVivian,
I've volunteers as a helper, running, but if you want me to do some other role that's fine and it doesn't matter if I don't run...
Brian FureyApr 28 2009, 10:31pmI'll help out on Saturday as well. Won't be running. Cheers
Brian
Ercus StewartMay 1 2009, 7:39pmas already mentioned i will help, and i have organised many good prizes. ercus
Ercus StewartMay 1 2009, 7:50pmas already mentioned i will help, and i have organised many good prizes. ercus
Sinéad RocheMay 4 2009, 7:52pmRace results for Croagh Patrick now posted. Summit times can be found under race reports. Thanks Vivian for getting these together. Sinead
Peter O'FarrellMay 7 2009, 9:58amSome photos courtesy of Barbara Preston

http://sports.webshots.com/album/571784554joVNhY
Rene BorgMay 7 2009, 1:39pmClub results now up for Croagh Patrick.
cormac o ceallaighSep 12 2009, 8:43pmi see Owen Campbell of campbells pub - start and finish of the croagh patrick race just passed away a few days short of his 75th birthday(Obituary in todays irish times)those who have run the race will recall his friendly face when he served us sambos , tea and pints after the race.hopefully the well known watering hole which is such a part of the race will live on !
cormac o ceallaighSep 12 2009, 8:43pmi see Owen Campbell of campbells pub - start and finish of the croagh patrick race just passed away a few days short of his 75th birthday(Obituary in todays irish times)those who have run the race will recall his friendly face when he served us sambos , tea and pints after the race.hopefully the well known watering hole which is such a part of the race will live on !
cormac o ceallaighSep 12 2009, 8:44pmi see Owen Campbell of campbells pub - start and finish of the croagh patrick race just passed away a few days short of his 75th birthday(Obituary in todays irish times)those who have run the race will recall his friendly face when he served us sambos , tea and pints after the race.hopefully the well known watering hole which is such a part of the race will live on !
cormac o ceallaighSep 12 2009, 8:44pmi see Owen Campbell of campbells pub - start and finish of the croagh patrick race just passed away a few days short of his 75th birthday(Obituary in todays irish times)those who have run the race will recall his friendly face when he served us sambos , tea and pints after the race.hopefully the well known watering hole which is such a part of the race will live on !