Irish Mountain
Running Association

Wicklow Way Trail

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Brendan LawlorFeb 10 2010, 3:38pmEoin

Could you confirm the exact location of the start of the WW trail race as there are a number of access points to Ballinastoe and hence 'lower Ballinastoe Forest' car parks

Also, will entry to this event be restricted in any way?
Dermot MurphyFeb 11 2010, 9:21amBrendan, no restrictions in place for the Trail at the moment. We will be encouraging people to use the bus as much as possible - a facility to book a bus seat will be available soon. We will try to gauge the numbers for race based on the demand for bus seats - if its over subscribed, we may need to put restrictions in at that stage.

Entry will be on the day.
Eoin KeithFeb 11 2010, 9:27amBrendan,

The Start of the trail race, and the turn of the ultra race, are pinned (marked) on the google maps on the event page. It's essentially at the entrance where the mountain bike trails begin. If you switch to the satelite view of the google map the forest trails are pretty clear to see. I will change the main map to show the rough course of the new route(s), but if anyone happens to run/cycle it carrying a GPS tracker then it would be great to get the exact plot of the route.
Gary CondonFeb 25 2010, 10:26amIf the starting point is along the WicklowWay, I'll have a track-log of it, along with elevation profile. I'll edit this later and send it.
diarmuid O'ColmainFeb 25 2010, 3:04pmGary
curiously enough neither the start nor the finish of the Wicklow Trail race are on the Wicklow Way! See map in event details
Justin ReaFeb 25 2010, 10:41pmThe event page now has a carpool for the coach to the start. This is being provided by IMRA so as not to flood the car park at Ballinastoe.

Note the registration for this race is at JFs and the best way to travel to the start is by coach.

Get your places early at they always go quick. No need to confirm to my mobile. I'll send emails to all who book, and only those people will be allowed on the coach.
Gary CondonFeb 26 2010, 12:50pmHi Justin, I received two confirmation mails. I just want to make sure I don't have two seats allocated. Thanks!
Justin ReaMar 3 2010, 11:13amLast few seats going quickly on the big coach. If you miss out, leave a message here and we will see if we can fill a smaller 38 seater as well.
Paul CuffeMar 3 2010, 3:13pmHi,
Interested in a seat on the 38 seater.

Thanks
Michael MaughanMar 3 2010, 5:45pmHi, i'm interested in the 38 seater bus. Thanks.
Justin ReaMar 4 2010, 9:46amI've added another 35 seats to the carpool for this event. Alpine Coach have committed to charging per seat, so we are now flexible with numbers.

Please let me know if you are NOT going to run. We do not want to over-commit on the coach hire.
cormac o ceallaighMar 5 2010, 3:34pm
Hi Justin,can i book 2 seats for Niamh and myself.Thanks .cormac
Christian McAuleyMar 5 2010, 4:06pmHow do I cancel a seat I booked on the coach?
Justin ReaMar 6 2010, 9:00am@Cormac use the carpool facility to book seats. You can book multiple times with the same email address, just put in different names for each booking.

@Christian I'll take you off the list. Anyone else who is not running should email me to take their name off
Justin ReaMar 13 2010, 10:21amTwo full sized coaches are now booked to transport runners to the WW Trail start.

If you are running this race please park in the overflow car park at Johnny Fox pub and catch the coach at 11am. Do not park at Ballinastoe as this will annoy the mountain bikers, and the local residents.

Runners who have booked a place using the car pool get priority on seats.

We are reaching maximum numbers that can be accommodated in this event, so your consideration in following the race instructions will ensure we are able to continue operating the race like any other run on the calendar.
Dermot MurphyMar 15 2010, 9:12amVolunteers are required for the WW Trail and Ultra races. I need help with registration (can also run) and non running volunteers for help with the turn around at Ballinastoe woods, Crone wood and Curtlestown. Can anyone available to help out on the day please does by adding their name to list of volunteers or contacting me directly.
damian kellyMar 15 2010, 7:21pmDermot

I like to volunteer but also run in the trail.

Thanks

Damian
Bob InghamMar 18 2010, 10:37amI'm planning to hire a car to get to Johnny Foxes for the start of the race. I will have two spare seats from city centre (City Hall) but have no means of getting either from Johnny Foxes to the start to pick up the car after the race or from Johnny Foxes to the start to begin the race because the coaches are full. Is there a solution?
niamh o ceallaighMar 18 2010, 11:38amHi Bob,

I suspect that a few people who are booked on the bus might not turn up, so there should be room. If it turns out that there is not, I will happily drop you back to your car after the race. The people at registration will point me out to you as you may want to leave some warm clothes in my car for when you finish the race.

Niamh O Ceallaigh
john lyonsMar 19 2010, 11:35amJust to clarify entry is on the day...and wondering about transport from j.foxes?? Cheers
Justin ReaMar 19 2010, 1:49pmRegistration is at Jonny Foxs on the day. Course Director has not put up a cut off time, but I'd expect you have at least until 11AM.

I have a couple of cancellations for the bus, so will work out what seats are now free and adjust the bookings. Watch the carpool.

You can chance your luck with the bus, or I'd expect it may be easy enough to get a lift with someone to Ballinastoe. It may involve driving them back there to get their car after the race.
Dermot MurphyMar 19 2010, 3:12pmRegistration for the Trail will commence at 9:45am and close at 11:15am.
bob inghamMar 19 2010, 5:21pmHi Niamh,
Thanks for that. I will hire a car and am already bringing one other runner (who can direct me). As soon as I've confirmed I'll stick two seats on the car pool. That may mean there are a few of us with a car stranded at either the end or the start. I'll take it that we can surmount this teeny problem and concentrate on the run instead.
Cheers,
Bob
Mick HanneyMar 19 2010, 8:13pm
After the trail race I'll be driving to south Wicklow from Johnny Foxes and can easily swing past Ballinastoe if anyone needs to be dropped back to a car. If you make yourself known to the Race Director he'll point you in my direction. You could arrange to leave a change of gear at Johnny Foxes to change into at the end of the trail race else you could get cold very quickly.
john lyonsMar 20 2010, 10:36amThats quality...cheers
Caitlín BentMar 21 2010, 9:03pmHi Justin, What are my chances for a seat on the bus from Johnie Fox's to Bállinastoe? Caitlín.
Derek ArnoldMar 22 2010, 10:59amHi, myself and a friend are hoping to do this race on Saturday. Are there any seats left on the buses? If not, are we able to bring 2 cars up and drive one to the start? Thanks.
Jason KehoeMar 22 2010, 12:06pm
Hi,

A few of us did a reece yesterday starting in Ballinastoe and ending up on Curtlestown hill. My one big shock (courtesy of Rene Borg) however was that the new route followed the wicklow way once we crossed the bridge after Crone wood.

Previous years we went up the hill to the hostel and threw a leg over the gate. I dont remember this change being mentioned in the forum (even looking again now, point me to the post if I'm mistaken) and had I ran next week I would have taken it that we should still go up the hill. I wonder if there is anyone else out there who didn't realise this? If so now you know! Maybe RD could highlight this at start also.

Trail is in good nick, a bit wet around Djouce and probably more so after recent rain. Would have been a great day to race it yesterday weatherwise! Shoe wise, runners should be fine, only problem you will have is if its wetaround Djouce going downhill for about about 3km's or so.

Thanks,
Jason
Justin ReaMar 22 2010, 12:08pmThe buses are both full, even with cancellations received so far. If anyone is not going to run and have booked a place, please let me know by email (justin at online dot ie).

I expect a few cancellations before the event. So I have the following on waitlist:

Bob Ingham
Caitlin Bent
Derek Arnold
Derek Arnold's friend

If you want to join the waitlist for the coach: copy the list above and put your name at bottom. Any cancellations I get this week I'll add to the coach manifest.

If intending to bring a car to the start. Please add a carpool entry, or fill your car with the overflow from the bus at Johnny Foxs.
Eoin KeithMar 22 2010, 12:33pm
Jason, In general it's a good idea to read the race instructions, including the route descriptions, for any race you run, especially one as long as this one.

The updates to the route are spelled out there, and the maps have been updated to reflect these. This information has been available for quite some time now.

I'm sure the RD will be emphasising these changes at the briefings for both races. I would still emphasise that it is every runner's own responsibility to know the route they are going to race, and the race descriptions and maps on the website are your primary means of finding that information.
Brían O'MearaMar 22 2010, 12:43pmI assume there's a no gear requirement for the race? (Couldn't find mention anywhere on the forum)
John AhernMar 22 2010, 3:43pmBob Ingham
Caitlin Bent
Derek Arnold
Derek Arnold's friend
John Ahern

Paul SullivanMar 22 2010, 3:58pmBob Ingham
Caitlin Bent
Derek Arnold
Derek Arnold's friend
John Ahern
Paul Sullivan
Harry McGeeMar 22 2010, 4:23pm

Bob Ingham
Caitlin Bent
Derek Arnold
Derek Arnold's friend
John Ahern
Paul Sullivan
Harry McGee

Alternatively, if there is no space and somebody wants to do a two-car shuffle, I'll be quite happy to do that. Harry McGee

Jason KehoeMar 22 2010, 4:42pmEoin I appreciate how your post had a tone of how inept I was...or maybe your message didn't come out as friendly in writing as you really meant?! ;) Yep I see it now...don't know how I missed it, thanks for pointing out.

I thought I read that it was just the start that was different (honest oversight I swear!). I agree about it being a runners responsibility to know the race route, I suppose that was the purpose of the reece to iron out potential problems along the way, and lucky I found one too!

RE: Kit requirement - I believe there is no guarantee of refreshments en route, although there might be a few willing volunteers as usual. Personally I suggest a minimum kit requirement of fluid and a snack regardless of weather conditions.

Feedback on the route: I loved the new addition after the bridge along the sandy bank of the river Dargle. Not so much the unremarkable fireroad at the start although it's sure to thin out the field before the narrow sleepers which is a positive for the usually crowded start. Here's hoping to a sucessful day!

j.
Harry McGeeMar 22 2010, 6:44pmJust in case anyone wants to get in contact re: car-shuffle, my email is harrymcgee@gmail.com or 0872631920. Thanks H.
Justin ReaMar 22 2010, 6:57pmWaitlist for bus:
Bob Ingham
Caitlin Bent
Derek Arnold
Derek Arnold's friend
John Ahern
Paul Sullivan
Harry McGee
Kathleen Monteverde
Brian ConroyMar 22 2010, 7:47pmHi,

I missed getting my name on the list for the bus, so it would be great if you could stick my name on the waiting list, although I realise I'm now a bit of a way down.

Thanks,

Brian Conroy
Justin ReaMar 22 2010, 10:47pmWaitlist for bus:
Bob Ingham (seat booked)
Caitlin Bent
Derek Arnold
Derek Arnold's friend
John Ahern
Paul Sullivan
Harry McGee
Kathleen Monteverde
Brian Conroy
Eoin KeithMar 23 2010, 12:01amJason,

'twas the shock that shocked me! All the information is there, as you've now seen. I tried to couch my reply in general terms, as its defintely something everyone should be aware of for all races.

We definitely agree on the value of a recce of the route anyway. Especially in the case of a longer route like this one. I'm glad you like the route along the valley. I agree that its a lovely section. One of the nicest bits of the Wicklow way.

The fireroad section from the carpark at the start is a necessary evil! Lengthening the route at that end and sticking to the wickow way would have put the route on road, which would have been less satisfactory, I think. (lenthening it at the other end would have been an even longer modification, probably too much so to do in one go, but it would have had much more interesting terraine). Spacing out the field before the boardwalks is definitely a good thing though, and a useful side-effect.

There is no official gear requirement, but please (everyone) apply common sense, particularly if the weather is less than optimal. It'd be a rare day in March that I wouldn't bring a light rainjacket with me on such a long exposed route.

You're right about there being no guarantee of refreshemnts, but we're hopeful it will all work out on the day. We should know soon.
Eoin KeithMar 23 2010, 12:08amFor anyone who anticipates driving to the start of the Wicklow Trail race at Balinastoe and parking there, please be aware that the carpark at the race start fills quite rapidly at weekends with mountainbikers.

If the carpark is full, then you can always drive around to the car parks used for the old race start at the upper Balinastoe / Lough Tay viewpoint area (follow road signs to the Sally Gap). You can then jog (downhill all the way!) to the race route to the start itself. It shouldn't be much more than 10 minutes, if that.

Please don't park on the road at Balinastoe or block any entrances or other cars.
Nadya DunneMar 23 2010, 10:27amHi,
Can I add my name to the waiting list for the bus as well please?
Thannks,
Nadya
Edward BatemanMar 23 2010, 10:52amWaitlist for bus:
Bob Ingham (seat booked)
Caitlin Bent
Derek Arnold
Derek Arnold's friend
John Ahern
Paul Sullivan
Harry McGee
Kathleen Monteverde
Brian Conroy
Ed Bateman
Edward BatemanMar 23 2010, 11:01amI have stuck my car in the car pool, although going from shankill to johnnie foxes doesn't really have many pick up points on the way. The departure time says leaving at 00:00 which clearly isn't right, i'll be leaving Shankill at 9.45, and will be more than happy to car-shuffle to the start with other willing runners.
Brendan LawlorMar 23 2010, 6:57pmHi, like Mick Hanney I'll be heading back south to Roundwood after the WW Trail race and can bring up to three car drivers with me and drop you at Ballinastoe.

Parking at Ballinastoe itself could be difficult and again the advice not to park on the road, annoying locals should be heeded

Unlike Tony, I'm praying for some fine weather!
Paul CumiskeyMar 23 2010, 8:23pmHi all, just a little note to let you know that the Brew Crew will be in attendance on the day offering the usual hot teas / coffees and snacks / sandwiches - Those of you at the Maulin race will be familar with us. We would really appreciate any suggestions you might have for us as we are hoping to attend IMRA events for the rest of the year. ps - we do a mean latte!
Keith HearyMar 23 2010, 8:42pmhi

i will be doing the ultra race and had a seat booked on the bus so i can give my seat to someone else.

thanks
John AhernMar 23 2010, 9:18pmBob Ingham (seat booked)
Caitlin Bent
Derek Arnold
Derek Arnold's friend
Paul Sullivan
Harry McGee
Kathleen Monteverde
Brian Conroy
Ed Bateman

I've arranged a lift so I'll take my name off.
Justin ReaMar 24 2010, 9:42amWaitlist for bus:

Bob Ingham (seat booked)
Caitlin Bent (seat booked)
Derek Arnold
Derek Arnold's friend
Paul Sullivan
Harry McGee
Kathleen Monteverde
Brian Conroy
Nadya Dunne
Ed Bateman
Liam Mc FaddenMar 24 2010, 1:37pmWaitlist for bus:

Bob Ingham (seat booked)
Derek Arnold
Derek Arnold's friend
Paul Sullivan
Harry McGee
Kathleen Monteverde
Brian Conroy
Nadya Dunne
Ed Bateman
Liam Mc Fadden
Kakub Splawski
Jimmy SynnottMar 24 2010, 5:45pmHi I will be at jfs at about 9.45am I will then be leaving in time for the start of the trail run .Will have space for 2 people,any one needing a lift to the start of trail race make yourself known to the RD he will point me out to you. Cheers Jimmy
Brendan McLoughlinMar 24 2010, 8:36pmHi,

I lost my lift to JF's on Saturday Morning. By any chance is there anyone driving out the Navan Road past "The Halfway House"? Can also get to City Centre. I am doing the trail By the way.
thanks
Brendan
DANNO MORROMar 24 2010, 8:40pmIs there a cut off number for the trail race on Saturday?
Andreas KuschMar 24 2010, 10:53pmBrendan, I can come off the M50 if you can't get a lift. 085 seven074 seven 1two. I tend to cut it very fine. I would be there around 10am. Andreas
Justin ReaMar 25 2010, 9:00amWaitlist for bus:

Bob Ingham (seat booked)
Derek Arnold (seat booked)
Derek Arnold's friend (seat booked)- Name please!
Paul Sullivan (seat booked)
Harry McGee (seat booked)
Kathleen Monteverde (seat booked)
Brian Conroy
Nadya Dunne
Ed Bateman
Liam Mc Fadden
Kakub Splawski
Niall HeffernanMar 25 2010, 10:19amcan i put my name down on the waiting list for the bus?

failing that, i'd like to take jimmy up on his offer of a lift from JFs to the start.

thanks

niall
Derek ArnoldMar 25 2010, 11:47amWaitlist for bus:

Bob Ingham (seat booked)
Aidan Blake (seat booked)
Brian Conroy
Nadya Dunne
Ed Bateman
Liam Mc Fadden
Kakub Splawski
Viv LavanMar 25 2010, 2:47pmWas wondering if someone could help...

I have no idea how to use the Google Earth KML file posted in the "details" section.

Could someone give me the 101 on how to download the file and then display the route in Google Earth?

Thanks!
Jason KehoeMar 25 2010, 3:36pm
Go to: http://earth.google.com/

Download software and follow install instruction.

Download KML file and save to your desktop.

Open Google Earth and press: File (top left of screen) -> Open
Browse to your desktop and select the KML file.

Hey presto!

j.
Viv LavanMar 25 2010, 3:54pmZing!

Too easy. Now. For some reason I hadn't worked out how to save as a .kml file... but now have.

Cheers.
Martin MitchellMar 25 2010, 4:58pmBus spot Available.

Unfortunately I have picked up a knock and will not be able to run on Saturday.

Please allocate my seat to someone else.

thank you,

Martin Mitchell
Justin ReaMar 25 2010, 5:22pmWaitlist for bus:

Bob Ingham (seat booked)
Aidan Blake (seat booked)
Brian Conroy (seat booked)
Nadya Dunne (seat booked)
Ed Bateman (seat booked)
Liam Mc Fadden
Kakub Splawski
Niall Heffernan
Caitlín BentMar 25 2010, 7:32pmHi Justin,
Have fallen foul of a bug and will be donating my seat on the bus to the next in line. Many thanks.
Caitlín.
Justin ReaMar 26 2010, 8:51amEveryone on the waitlist now has a seat on the bus. Thanks to all those who let us know they can't make the race. Please continue to notify us if you are not intending to travel on the bus.

Anyone still looking for a lift to the start are likely to get sorted tomorrow. Can those people who are planning to bring cars who have places (boot, roofrack, etc) let us know at registration.
Rowan McMahonMar 26 2010, 9:29amFour nordies heading for the race tomorrow and we would be glad of a lift to the race start. If there is any sopare capacity on the bus or in vehicles we would gladly accept it! Payment in pints afterwards.

Rowan McMahon
Barry Tinnelly
Peter Grant
Cormac Fitzpatrick

Apologies for the late request!
Dermot MurphyMar 26 2010, 11:00amFor parking at Johnnie Foxes, please use the overflow car park - not the smaller car park beside the pub itself. There will be a car park marshal on duty.
Alan KennyMar 26 2010, 12:50pmHi, I know this is late, but can I ask, if I were to cycle from Johnny Foxes to race start would there be a place in Ballinastoe where I could lock my bike? I have a fiend also doing the race, who has a place on bus, and he has offered to drop me back to Ballinastoe after race.
Plus I have yet to join IMRA for 2010, will this be possible to do on the day?
Thanks,
Alan
Justin ReaMar 26 2010, 1:26pm@Rowan With an offer like that. How could we refuse! Yes. There should be places on the bus. You are now on the list, and only one place short.

@Alan What kind of animal are you? I'm sure you can find somewhere to lock your bike, but all the bits may not still be on it when you get back. There are lots of people using the bike trails, so you can try your luck.

You can join IMRA on the day. Print off the membership form linked below in 'Forms' and bring it along completed, with €10 extra. Reg for the Ultra should be open from 8:30, so you'd have time to register for Trail before your 'warm up'.
Viv LavanMar 26 2010, 2:14pmEoin Hardiman will not running tomorrow so his place on the bus can be given to the next in line.

Thanks,

Viv.
Rowan McMahonMar 26 2010, 2:35pmCheers Justin,

Looking forward to tomorrow. I better raid the Trocaire box ....
Diarmaid CollinsMar 26 2010, 3:31pmHi,terrible short notice but if there is a lift to the start available id gladly avail of it. Much appreciated.
Jason KehoeMar 26 2010, 3:48pmQuick one about entry, is it still €20 even if you are making your own way to the start? Or is it the usual €7 if not using the bus?

Cheers,
j.
Eoin KeithMar 26 2010, 3:55pmThe race fee remains the same, whatever form of transport you use.
Brendan DohertyMar 26 2010, 4:37pmRe support stations: Sorry for late post, but I understand that support at Crone is now sorted ( a million thanks to Mary O'Colmain) but can anyone confirm yes/no as to whether there is even water support at Curtlestown (for the most expensive IMRA race I have ever run, in twenty years of supporting IMRA)
Thanks in advance
Justin ReaMar 26 2010, 5:03pmPaula O'Donnell-Rea and kids will be at Curtlestown from 12:45, so don't set off too quickly Brendan.

Gavan may relieve her later on, so alternatively, take your time. That way you'll get more for your money ;-)
Jason KehoeMar 26 2010, 5:31pmI was 'shocked' to just read this! ;)

"The cost of the event includes a contribution towards the hire of a bus from here to the race start (Which is why the Trail race is more expensive than the Ultra)"

Too late in the day to argue over a fiver now I suppose but you would think that every runner on the day would have been asked to contribute to the bus to bring the overall cost down for all IMRA members as the events are being run together. Sure wont the Ultra runners also be taking two handfuls of JellyBabies at each stop(out and back) and I bet all the black ones will be gone by the time we get there lads! ;)
Kevin O'RiordanMar 26 2010, 5:41pmI'm shocked that you're shocked :)

There is a finisher's prize worth approx €7 included in the price so it's not all bad. (though I'm not sure if there are enough ordered to cope with unexpected numbers on the day). You could say that everyone should contribute to the bus, but personally I don't think it's fair to make the Ultra runners pay for a bus they're not using. With the ratio of Ultra runners to Trail runners, it wouldn't make much difference to the price anyway.
suzanne kennyMar 26 2010, 5:57pmvery late notice i know...but lift to the start or on bus wanted if poss!!!??
Jason KehoeMar 26 2010, 6:22pmooooohhhh! A finishers prize!? Why didn't you say so earlier!? Thats brill news!
Daniel MorroghMar 26 2010, 8:28pmVery late I know, but I'll be driving down from JF's to Ballinastoe tomorrow- 3 seats available (At a squeeze!) Let me know if anyone is interested morroghd at ireland dot com
Eoin KeithMar 26 2010, 10:19pm
Thank god for smilies :)

Jason, you're seriously underestimating ultrarunners' jellybaby eating abilities there!!
Paul O'GradyMar 26 2010, 10:24pmHi,

Can I get on the waiting list for the bus please?

What time is the bus leaving - or is it doing multiple runs???
Justin ReaMar 26 2010, 10:29pmHave added you to waitlist Paul.

Bus leaves at 11:15, be there for 11:00.
Mick HanneyMar 27 2010, 6:09pmA big thank you to Dermot, Justin and the other volunteers for their sterling work in organising today's race, the buses, the refreshments, mugs etc. A brilliantly run day.
emma bolandMar 27 2010, 6:52pmIt was a fantastically run race and it was great day. Fair play to Dermot and the organisers and Mary and crew for the refreshments which kept us going!!!!
jeremy hartMar 27 2010, 7:07pmhi
Thanks to all who organised and helped make the race so pleasant to take part in.
Justin O'KeeffeMar 27 2010, 8:14pmThanks to the organisers & the volunteers for a first class event - from the drinks & encouragement through to the marshalls at the end. The weather was a fantastic touch too - well done everyone
Gary CondonMar 27 2010, 8:17pm+1. Fab organization, and another fantastic race. Hats off to all the volunteers. Very much appreciated.
Jim FitzharrisMar 27 2010, 10:54pmThe list is growing but I would like to add my vote of thanks to Dermot and his team of stalwart volunteers for a very well organised race and all their hard work which really paid off. Special thanks to Justin for organising the buses and passenger manifests! Not forgetting the ladies with the water, jelly babies, chocolate bars & bananas at Crone and Curtlestown. Hey, even the weather committee deserves an accolade! Arranging for the cheering scouts was a true master stroke ........

Cheers,

Hobbling Jim.
Brendan LawlorMar 28 2010, 9:21amOn what has now become officially the longest thread in IMRA history, could I also add my thanks to Dermot, Justin, Mary and the other water and jelly baby angels (I managed to get a black one!) and all the other volunteers.

This double headed race day is going from strength to strength, and there were record fields in both races. It is obvious that without the bus transport, the event could not now happen so again well done to Justin on this front.

But where are all these new people coming from....?
aidan roeMar 28 2010, 10:24amAlso like to add my thanks to organiser and all the helpers for what was for me the most enjoyable IMRA race I've done so far (altough this morning my legs would disagree). the fine weather and jelly babies were a real bonus.
Aidan
Dermot MurphyMar 28 2010, 2:04pmWell done to all runners yesterday - I hope you all enjoyed the race and are not suffering to much today! Thanks also to all helpers and marshals who helped out on the day, especially to Justin for organising the bus.

A great job by Kevin to get the results up so quickly - we were working from manual results so if you see any incorrect time (early starts etc) please let us know and we will amend later in the week.
Aaron TurnerMar 28 2010, 2:06pmThanks to all the the organisers and support from the various people throughout the day. Was my first mountain race of any description but thoroughly enjoyed it, although after the first two half and a half miles I was still in shock and wanted to go home. Cheers to Paul for his help and intel during the run. Will try and make Croagh Patrick.

Aaron
Shane EnrightMar 28 2010, 10:58pmUs volunteers wouldn't have been quite so chirpy without the very generous helpings of tea and sandwiches from the lads from the Brew Crew - well worth Imra members' support.

Google isn't helping with finding their contact details, if anyone has them please post them up.
Niamh O CeallaighMar 29 2010, 7:52amAll participants in the Trail are entitled to receive their finishers prize of a mug. There are 38 runners who did not receive one as we ran out. I have a list of most of these people and will email you/text you this evening to arrange delivery / collection. As I am missing some names of those who did not receive a prize, please email me directly on ballyteige at gmail dot com

Thanks
Niamh
Jason KehoeMar 29 2010, 10:57amThanks to all the volunteers who made it a great day and for the big man above for the great weather again, imagine running in todays weather!

I have a suggestion to potential organisers for next year: If the Ultra runners were given a bright identifier (pinned to their front and back) so they could be distinguised at the checkpoints and finish during the race. It might save a little bit of time for you with having to confirm what race they are running in and also there was some confusion at the turn-around between people warming up and ultra runners. I got a great applause during my warmup, which was much appreciated btw lads ;) It would also help runners during the race to know whether they are racing the person ahead or behind.

Well done Diarmaid and team!

j.
Jason KehoeMar 29 2010, 11:01amOops, sorry that should have been 'Dermot' and team! (plus I wanted to make this an even longer thread!)
Eoin KeithMar 29 2010, 1:43pmI'll add to the growing list of thanks here. Once group in particular I'd like to thank are the runners who signed up to use the bus, and then let Justin know when they wouldn't be able to use it. This greatly helped with ensuring that as many people as possible were allocated on the bus. As Brendan correctly pointed out, using the buses is a key element to the logistics of organising the 25km race. Huge thanks to Justin for all the work he put in organising everything bus related.

Big thanks to Niamh for organising the finishers' mugs. They looked fantastic, and seemed to go down a treat.

Thanks to the marshalls who are so important, epsecially in the case of this year's race when the route had been changed. I didn't take much from the aid stations, but its always a big plus simply knowing that they are there if required. The only item of food I took was a black pastile at curtlestown. I hadn't intended to eat it, but after Jason's earlier comments I felt it was my duty as an ultrarunner to take it at that point ;)
Jason KehoeMar 29 2010, 4:35pm98...

'Short' race report up from the front of the field.
Richard NunanMar 29 2010, 5:58pm99 .. .

Just to say the new Ultra/Trail course and start times worked really well.

Thanks for all the encouragement at the half way mark and the support along the way and at the finish.

Well done again to Dermot,Justin, Mary, Finbar and the other Volunteers . . super job.

And lastly well done for Gerry for cloning himself with a digital camera out around the course, to capture all the pain :-)

Bargain at 15euros . .
Sean BroderickMar 29 2010, 8:51pmHey guys,

Thanks to everyone involved in organizing the race. Really enjoyed the day. Just my second IMRA race and first this year. Could someone invite me to be a myIMRA member, Id like to write a mid-table Trail race report!

Thanks,

Sean
Niamh O CeallaighMar 29 2010, 10:11pmBelow is the list of names of those who did not receive mugs. I will shortly contact you to arrange collection/delivery. Mugs will be ready in about 2 weeks.
If your name is not on this list and you did not receive a mug (there are 13 of you), please email me on ballyteige at gmail dot com.

Sarah Ni Ruairc
Pierce Fahy
Mick Kellett
Michael Murray
Roisin O Connor
Don Mc Kinnon
Anne Marie Larkin
Karen Duggan
Roisin Mc Donnell
Mark Eiffe
Barry Tennyson
Fred Hammond
Eoin Keith
Tony Kiernan
Mary Jennings
Zbigniew Bressa
Gary Condon
Cormac Mc Donnell
Christopher Daly
Declan Donnelly
Cormac O Ceallaigh
Niamh O Ceallaigh
Christian McAuley
Mark Byrne
Kevin O'RiordanMar 29 2010, 11:22pmHi Sean,

Just sent an invite to the mobile number on your registration form.

Regards,
Kevin.
Paul Brew CrewMar 29 2010, 11:23pmHi lads,

Thanks for the kind words re the sandwiches etc for the marshals, all part of the service. Our email address: info@brewcrewcafe.ie We hope to attend most of the IMRA runs during the year and would really appreciate any info that can be supplied to us prior to the events ie race numbers etc - this helps us determine the amount of snadwiches etc required fo the day. We're only up and running 6 weeks and a special thanks has to go out to Demot Murphy, Gerry Brady and all the brilliant people we've met during our short time attending your events. Mybe we could arrange something small for each event winner such as free tea / coffee and roll, let me know what you think. Regards, Paul.
Seán BroderickMar 29 2010, 11:29pmThanks Kevin
Joe FinneganMar 25 2011, 10:19amHi im interested in getting a set on the bus could you let me know is that ok and were to meet it