Irish Mountain
Running Association

Prince William's Seat

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Viv LavanApr 22 2010, 8:09pmJustin,
I'd like to volunteer as a helper. Can you sort me out with a username and password for myIMRA?
You can send it to my e-mail if you'd like.
Thanks,
Viv
Justin ReaApr 29 2010, 9:48amWe need non runners to help as marshals for this event. If you fancy a nice walk and a different perspective on a race, please volunteer on event page.

If you have already put your name down can you please email me on justin at online dot ie so I can co-ordinate duties.
Liz RyanApr 29 2010, 10:33amHi, I would like to volunteer for this race, but can i run as well?? thanks
Justin ReaApr 29 2010, 10:49amSure Liz. We need helpers for registration, parking and to sort numbers after the race.

Thanks for volunteering.
theo mooneyApr 30 2010, 4:12pmis there a chance that i can volunteer on the evening if i manage to turn up to the race? i would like to run aswell. if im going to make it i will be in enniskerry by 5:30 most likely.
Justin ReaMay 1 2010, 10:56amWe still need Helpers for this race. Especially non-runners.

If this course doesn't have marshals on it, there will likely be a few strays (Alan's impeccable marking not withstanding). We also need finish line helpers otherwise result taking will be hit and miss.

Volunteers make for smooth running of these events. If you appreciate a well organised race then do your bit. You will also get the reward of the end of season prize.
Patrick WolahanMay 2 2010, 11:23amI would like to volunteer as a helper for next Wednesday's race 5th May. Do I just turn up.

Thanks

Pat Wolahan
Justin ReaMay 3 2010, 7:30pmThanks Patrick. I have put you down as a non-runner. Is that OK? Just turn up by 6PM and I'll let you know what's in store for you.
Ronan HickeyMay 4 2010, 10:23amAny other carpools out there? Only 1 down on the website. Two of us hoping to get out to this race. We can get to a DART station, a Luas stop or to anywhere in the centre of town.
Kevin O'RiordanMay 4 2010, 10:38amHi Ronan,

I can pick you up at Sandyford Luas if you like.

-Kevin.
Ronan HickeyMay 4 2010, 12:24pmThat's brilliant Kevin. Will take you up on that!
Sean HassettMay 4 2010, 8:24pmAnyone travelling to the race from Dundrum/Balally or can offer a lift from any Luas stop?

henny brandsmaMay 5 2010, 9:33amhi Sean
Could give you a lift from either dundrum or balaly luas stop,will be leaving my house at 18.15 hr.so could pick you up arround 18.20 hr.
Give me a call at my mobile 087-7604825 and we arrange a spot were to pick you up.
Regards Henny
James HigginsMay 5 2010, 3:31pmHi,

I will be going to the Powercourt Arms in Enniskerry (from Knocklyon) for 6:20/6:30 if anyone wants to meet up to carpool. Get me at 08six-326313nine.

James
Susan SeagerMay 5 2010, 3:44pmI'll be driving from Celbridge, if anyone wants a lift from there or en route. Phone me on 087 933 2128. Susan
Barry MinnockMay 5 2010, 10:33pmThe IMRA organisation never ceases to amaze me. Everything about the race today was top quality - parking, registration, marking, timing, and now I get home to see results online. This is the typical IMRA story and the consistent top quality race organisation is something that we cannot take for granted. The volunteer system is simply amazing (that reminds me, I'm due to volunteer soon myself). Three cheers for IMRA :)
Paul MorrisseyMay 5 2010, 11:01pmYeah but no photos! Mr shield you're letting us down :). But yeah, at this stage I'm taking Imra organisation for granted..... It was brilliant tonight as usual!
John ShielsMay 5 2010, 11:24pmSorry Paul, Can't be there all the time! =;-)
Colm HillMay 5 2010, 11:36pmThat course rocked!! Nice mix of terrain.
Be a nice TT route
Ronan HickeyMay 6 2010, 12:06amJust wanted to say thank you so much to whoever handed in my phone. It fell out of my pocket on a warm-up (I knew warm-up runs were a bad idea). Loved the race tonight, great route!
Thanks
Ro
Brendan LawlorMay 6 2010, 11:29amParking - well done to the race director, Justin and his family, and the farmer who lent us the field. The sheep stampedes provided great pre race entertainment! Too many single occupancy cars however

Registation - ditto, well done Justin and team

Marking - excellent and on a lovely course

Timing - well done Sinead

Results online in no time - ditto well done Sinead and Kevin(I presume?)

Also, a big thank you to the weather Gods and the sixty plus punters who didn't show up this week - hope you weren't all over in West Wicklow upsetting Gerry Lalor's karma!

Only downside for me was the really fast lad who won the race and drove up my % of winning time :)
Kevin O'RiordanMay 6 2010, 11:36amWe have Sinéad to thank for the results being online so quickly this week. And the power of mobile broadband...
aidan roeMay 6 2010, 11:54amronan
hope you give that phone a wash/wipe. it was found nesting in some fresh sheep crap.
A.
Justin ReaMay 6 2010, 12:16pmBrilliant job done by all volunteers. We also collected 235 euro for St VdP thanks to generosity of O'Tooles for use of field.

Slight issue with one junior being turned back early, but will give both juniors medals.
Ronan HickeyMay 6 2010, 12:25pmAidan,

I did even better than that. I didn't get to pick it up until after the race when it had been in Justin's pocket for a while. That should have removed the worst of it ;-) Another example of a Race Director going beyond the call of duty!

Ronan
Eva FairmanerMay 6 2010, 1:27pmI was just wondering is there going to be something done about those persistent individuals who will not car pool?
Kevin O'RiordanMay 6 2010, 1:33pmAccording to the Tibradden event page, there'll be parking restrictions in place: http://www.imra.ie/events/view/id/742/

Will be necessary alright as we managed to completely fill the car park for the Winter league race (183 runners) and the Leinster league event will probably attract another 70 runners or so.
Colm HillMay 6 2010, 2:17pmHave no car parking at the event and make people cycle from 2-4km away?
Acts as a great warm up
Rene BorgMay 6 2010, 2:53pmWhy bike when it’s 2-4km away? It’s well within running distance… ;-)
Colm HillMay 6 2010, 3:07pmIt was discussed among a few friends that with the lack of parking for 3rock, the race should start at Taylors pub! Now that'd be an epic race... running back down the road to Taylors wouldn't be much fun though.

It'd only be at extra ~2km with ~120m climb
Rene BorgMay 6 2010, 3:34pmMuch as that climb is a great challenge, I'm not sure marshalling that public road would be an option with the Gardai permits and everything else it would entail...
Colm HillMay 6 2010, 3:45pmWhere is the CIMRA when ya need em
Rene BorgMay 10 2010, 9:26amA few Kyrgyz runners who registered on the night have been factored in to the team results for this race. This moves the team ahead of Setanta on the night.

This will be factored into the overall team results after the post-Tibradden document is released.