Irish Mountain
Running Association

World Masters Championships

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Gerry BradyMay 24 2010, 10:54pmThe lowest entry fee for this race is available up to 31st May (see IMRA web page).

If you are interested in running the race, could you please email EdMcEntee @ ireland.com and Gerry.Brady @ imra.ie so that we can get an idea of numbers for accommodation. Hotel rates are likely to be around 35 euro per person sharing with breakfast and dinner included.

The team age groups are in five-year spans starting with 35-39.
Gerry BradyJul 11 2010, 11:43pmOur provisional accommodation group booking will be finalised in the next few days. Around 35 places were provisionally booked but this will be reduced to around 25 this week (i.e. those who have confirmed).

The required details for making a bank payment with the entry fee have been posted in the IMRA web page for the event (bank swift and iban numbers etc.).

Irish Entries are:

M35: Robert Malseed, Peter O Farrell, Richie McCauley
W35:
M40: Des Kennedy, Leo Murray, Cormac Conroy
W40:
M45: John Lenihan, Deon McNeilly, Sean Foley
W45: Helen White
M50: Martin McDonald, Pat McCavana, Gerry Brady, Seamus Greenan
W50: Mags Greenan, Majella Diskin

Would be great to have M/W 55/60/65/70 age groups teams.
Gerry BradyJul 25 2010, 9:48pmThe entry fee for the World masters increases by 12 euro at the end of July.

The accommodation booking for the Irish team (name, type of room, number of nights) is being finalised this Tuesday 27th July. Email me before then if you have not already informed me. You can still enter and arrange your own accommodation after Tuesday.
Gerry BradyJul 30 2010, 9:00amReminder: Entry fee increases by 12 euro this weekend so make online entry and bank payment today! Looks like we have six Irish teams.
Gerry BradyAug 13 2010, 5:30pmAnyone interested in a run up the zig-zags in Glenmalure in Wicklow this Sunday 15th, meet at the hotel in Glenmalure at 10:30. Long climb ideal for World Masters and World Championships. As we have to run back down, the length of the run is suitable for seniors only.
Mick HanneyAug 15 2010, 3:00pmNice run this morning Gerry.
Details of route ran here:
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67465267&postcount=547
Gerry BradyAug 17 2010, 11:51pmThere will be another training run this Sunday. Meet at 10:30 at the Glenmalure hotel. Bring a rain jacket and sun cream! The run is suitable for both World masters and World championships team members.
Gerry BradyAug 28 2010, 8:37pmProvisional results and race report on IMRA web page. Gold for Mags Greenan )Clonliffe), Silver for Helen White (Sportsworld), silver for Men 50-54 team and bronze for Men 35-39. M45-49 miss silver by one point, Men 40-44 miss silver by three points. Great runs by everybody who ran their hearts out for themselves, their team mates, and their country. 2011 venue is Italy on an up and down course ...
Colm HillAug 28 2010, 9:35pmSavage results!
Mick HanneyAug 29 2010, 2:27pmGreat result guys. Well done all concerned.
Caroline ReidAug 30 2010, 10:01amAMAZING results folks!! WELL WELL DONE :)
Dermot MurphyAug 30 2010, 11:13amGreat results from all at the Masters - well done to all!
Peter O'FarrellAug 30 2010, 1:14pmGreat trip, great craic, fun folk, lots of laughs and of course one wee race.
Throughly recommend it to anyone young at heart but old in D.O.B. :)

The Worlds are in hillrunning mad Italy next year.......
Jimmy SynnottAug 30 2010, 4:53pmCongrats to all the masters who ran great at the weekend.Good to see the old folk still have it Jimmy
Gerry BradySep 1 2010, 7:03pmSome photos and a more complete race report now up. Photos from the race will be uploaded over the next few days. An Irish team has yet to win an age category in this event, will you be one of the team members who make the breakthrough?
Laura FlynnSep 1 2010, 9:35pmWell done to the whole team on the great performances and especially to the fantastic medal-winning performances from Mags and Helen.
David AlexanderSep 1 2010, 10:07pmJust wanted to say a big thankyou to the 2 or 3 Irishwomen (including some of your gold medallists?) who ordered a a shivering Englishman to get soup down him while they stood in the post-race queue/ scrum for his and others' baggage - proper champions! Now, if IMRA ever feel like organising the 2012 championships...
mags greenanSep 1 2010, 10:35pmHi David, Glad you made it home alive and did not die of hypothermia! That was me Mags Greenan and friend Helen White who very glad to do the needful. What a mad scamble for our gear.! I hope all my fellow team mates have not come down with bad colds and that the mad Kerry crew got home safely. Well done Gerry as always for organising everything ( except the weather!)Who was that New Zealander with the same name as our Martin McDonald!? See you in all in Itaily next year. Mags PS Good luck to the Seniors off this weekend - hope Gerrys gear drys out in time or there is going to be some smell!56
suzanne kennySep 2 2010, 9:27pmWow!! Well done guys!! Fantastic result...all the training and hard work paid off big time for u...inspirational stuff!
Gerry BradySep 9 2010, 5:48pmSome race photos from Valerie O Sullivan now uploaded.
Peter O'FarrellSep 9 2010, 8:07pmAhh they bring back the happy memories of mud and muck and fun and mystery meat and cheap post race beers. Good man Gerry and thanks to Valerie.
I've uploaded a few more.