Irish Mountain
Running Association

Tibradden

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Seamus KilcullenJun 8 2011, 3:25pmI'd like to volunteer for this race,not running.
Seamus Kilcullen
Peter O'FarrellJun 9 2011, 2:30pmThanks Seamus.
The only additional volunteer required at this stage is a first aid officer.
No more running volunteers are required.

Many other races later in the season require help though, see http://www.imra.ie/volunteering/ for list.

There will be an early start at 7pm for those whose averages are above 160%. Carpooling and prize giving at Buglers Pub, Ballyboden. see link -

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=ballyboden&aq=&sll=53.344813,-6.2677&sspn=0.358272,0.877533&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Ballyboden,+County+South+Dublin,+Ireland&ll=53.283972,-6.294608&spn=0.00508,0.027423&z=15&layer=c&cbll=53.284104,-6.295651&panoid=XArAGtM8ncbT193l_5B7fg&cbp=11,90,,0,0

Peter O'FarrellJun 9 2011, 4:48pmThanks To Jimmy Synnott for volunteering as first aid officer for Tibradden. No more volunteers required.
Peter O'FarrellJun 14 2011, 8:26amNote to volunteers;

Thank you for volunteering for this race.
Could you please try to get to Tibradden for 6pm, if possible try to carpool from Buglers at maybe 5.50pm.
We have the use of a small parking field in the back left hand side of the Buglers carpark so please fill that first before using the main carpark.
You may get cold so remember to bring warm clothing.

General note;
We have the use of a small field at the back left side of the main carpark in Buglers, please fill this first before using the main carpark.

Early start at 7pm, please do not use the early start if you are likely to return before the main race as the volunteers require time to update the laptop.

Eavan CaseyJun 14 2011, 12:17pmCan't get the Carpool thing to work so just posting details here...Leaving UCD at 5.45 tomorrow if anyone needs a life. Have space for 2. Will be going to pub after though so won't be going home straight after race. Email me at Eavan dot casey1 at gmail dot com.
Eavan CaseyJun 14 2011, 12:23pmOops change that to.... if anyone needs a lift :-)
Fearghal O'BraoinJun 14 2011, 11:08pmHaven't registered on MyIMRA yet but for the carpool, I'll be leaving Ballsbridge at 17.40 and I have one free space. If you're interested you can contact me on fearghal underscore obraoin at jurysinns dot com.

Though I won't be going through town on the way back.
Angus TynerJun 15 2011, 10:39amIssue with Carpool.
I've received no details of who has booked with me.
Contact me at atyner at iol dot ie
zero8six two517zero49
I'll be leaving Ashford probably shortly after 6pm.
cheers
Mick HanneyJun 15 2011, 10:46amI'm meeting Angus at Palmers (the golden ball) c. 6.30. We should have room for 2 more if anyone is interested. Mick (oh 86 8539554)
Peter O'FarrellJun 15 2011, 11:22amDublin Bus routes 15B and 74A both serve Buglers Pub.

If cars with spare capacity could call by the prizegiving pub en route to the race that would be a great help.
Stephen DoorlyJun 15 2011, 5:07pmI will pass by Buglers today 15th Jun at 6.10pm, I can give a lift to 3 people. Stephen Doorly
Eva FairmanerJun 16 2011, 9:13amA huge well done to the slick operation last night overseen by Peter O'F and the Rathfarnham folk. Everything from car parking to money collecting (particularly cheefully managed) and registration ran slickly and plenty of marshalls offering encouragement around the route. Jimmy Synott would get a starring role in Casualty/Holby City any day (thankfully he didn't have to deliver babies or do tracheotomys)so quickly he assessed the situations, cleaned, bandaged, offered advice and best of all didn't hand out any bills. Hopefully all the wounded will be walking/running promptly and haven't been put off by their falls. Now if only Rathfarnham A.C. could get rid of the midgies......
Diarmuid O'ColmainJun 16 2011, 9:33amAs Eva said the organization of last night's race was just flawless; sets a benchmark for other RDs to aspire to. We should have had a movie camera there to capture the operation! Well done to Peter and all the other helpers.

Can I also thank all the people who stopped to check on me when I had a couple of nasty falls - Eva, Paula, Justin, Susan, Mick, Fearghal, Pat, Cormac and others whose names I don't know or that I don't remember now. I was really touched by the concern people showed and the care they gave me - thank you. A special thanks to Peter, Roisin, Eva for making sure I didn't sneak off without getting patched up after the race! And of course thanks to Niamh and Cormac for getting me home safely - I think they thought I was going to keel over with concussion at any moment, and were afraid to let me drive!

And a very special thanks to Pat for doing a great job of patching me up, ably assisted by Fearghal and Dave. Anyway the good news is that I am absolutely perfect this morning. The injuries (as usual whent there is blood) looked a lot worse than they were. No stiffness or soreness today at all.

By the way, somebody gave me a handkerchief to stem the blood flow up on the mountain; please let me know who you are so I can return/replace (docolmain at gmail dot com). Was it you Cormac?

Lesson for the future - always wear full body cover and gloves on Tibradden - a lesson I learnt many years ago but forgot about last night!
Brendan LawlorJun 16 2011, 9:58amGreat race last night - its the Stalingrad of IMRA hill races (and always was) and the queue of casualties waiting to see Jimmy at the end was a sight to behold. Well done Jimmy and glad to hear Diarmuid is ok - get well soon all you walking wounded!

A big thank you to Peter and his Rathfarnham crew, fresh from their WW Relay success. Great job of organisation all round, especially liked the race signage down in the city -You'ld give the AA a run for their money!

This is a great model for how other LL races could be adopted by clubs/ groups ( Crusaders, Sli Cualann, Mountain Rescue, Boards etc immediately spring to mind) for next year - just a thought
Ronan HickeyJun 16 2011, 10:36amAbsolutely brilliant race and organised with military precision and discipline. Great to see Rathfarnham leading not just in races but in volunteering too. Tough marshalling and volunteering conditions with those midges! A lot of nasty falls and knocks but only 4 DNFs?! IMRA runners are made of stern stuff!

Ro
Joan StapletonJun 16 2011, 11:24amHi, when you get a chance maybe you could amend my result. I took early start,
my race no. is 162. Enjoyed the run.
Thanks and best regards, Joan
Conor WhiteJun 16 2011, 11:42amFirst IMRA race last night. Really enjoyed it. Thanks for organising and already looking forward to the next one.
Rene BorgJun 17 2011, 12:26pmTeam results are up.