Irish Mountain
Running Association

European Trial

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Gerry BradyApr 18 2011, 12:35pmThere is a training run this Friday (22nd April) on the trial course for the European championships. Meet at Crone Wood car park ready to run at 10 am. Email me at Gerry dot Brady at imra.ie if queries. Bring a shower jacket just in case of wind or rain.
Brian O MurchuApr 19 2011, 4:31pmI would like to come along on Friday, as I have no transport is there anyone going through Killester/Clontarf willing to offer a lift? murchubrian@gmail.com
Gerry BradyMay 21 2011, 1:18pmVolunteers needed especially first aid, finish marshalls, and laptop registration, thanks.
Aidan BligheMay 21 2011, 9:54pmGerry, i can do both marshall & photographer if you wish, any other role is fine too.
Mick HanneyMay 22 2011, 3:52pmI'll help with the senior finish Gerry.
Gerry BradyMay 25 2011, 10:12amBrian MacMahon has been pre-selected for the Europeans and juniors Kevin Dooney and Eoghan Totten have been offered selection. Brian will be away in Kenya training when the trials are being held. The two juniors are trying to gain qualifying times for the World junior track and field championships.

The four teams look strong this year. Among the senior men current championship internationals such as Barry Minnock, Peter OFarrell, Brian Furey, Tom Hogan, Kevin Keane, Ian Conroy, Mark Ryan, and Eoin Flynn will be joined by Robert Malseed, Paul McNamara, Lorcan Cronin, Roger Barrett and others in a battle for the three remaining places.

Sharon Bird, Donna Mahon, Emma Donlon, Aoife Joyce, and Jenny McCauley will compete for the womens team along with newcomer Sarah McCormack who has been running very well in Scotland.

The two junior teams could potentially be our best teams ever given the strength of the Youths teams.
Joe KeaneJun 9 2011, 1:20pmI'd like to help at this race,not good with computers,any other job would be fine
James FlanaganJun 13 2011, 6:42pmHi Gerry,
I can do laptop or helper.
James
Gerry BradyJun 15 2011, 12:00amCan volunteers be at Crone Wood at 10:30 ready to open registration at 10:40. Finish volunteers (Mick, Vivian, Leo, +) will need to leave the registration area at 11:15. Please synchronise your watches with aertel.

Runners should bring cagoules and a warm top with them to the race and if the weather is cold or wet, either wear same or make provisions with someone to meet you out on the course with it as you jog back after the race. This is not just for your own safety, we dont want you to catch a cold! Put a few sweets in the pocket to help you recover.

A few more volunteers for registration area and to marshall points out on the course would be useful.

This race is also the club championships so hopefully all clubs will muster teams especially in the womens category.
amidou dembeleJun 17 2011, 10:14amHi all,

I am looking for a lift to the race at crone wood tomorrow.
Please is there anyone driving from Dublin who may have a seat available?

I can meet South Dublin either on the N11 or M50 and can be reach at

damidou00@yahoo.fr or 0870542042.

Many thanks,
Amidou
Mick HanneyJun 18 2011, 4:49pmCongrats Ian Conroy, 1st finisher today in the euro trail. By my reckoning the time was sub 35 which is a fab time, almost a min clear of Eoin Flynn who in turn was about a minute clear of Mark Ryan with Tom Hogan 4th.