Irish Mountain
Running Association

Wicklow Way Trail

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Mick HanneyJan 23 2012, 1:08pmIn a few weeks time I'll put up details of the buses for the Trail race for people to start booking.

By way of reminder if you intend doing the Annagh Hill WL race you should strongly consider booking into the bus that the Race Director as organised, as car parking is limited and wouldn't cope with anything like the numbers we got yesterday at Howth.
Tomás Mac CormaicJan 23 2012, 11:08pmI did the Wicklow Trail last year. Was a challenge, but certainly worth it. Hope to see everyone there again this year.
Mick HanneyFeb 8 2012, 9:21pm
A bus is available for booking for anyone who has myimra. See car pool.

For those without myimra or with myimra access problems you can add your booking using the following link.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaeHM6bar6UdDQ0cG1BeGlwZms1TG94RTZuam5JRVE

We'll gauge demand and can look to add additional buses as needs be.

If you book and then have to cancel please let us know so we can offer up your freed up seat. Thanks.
Dermot MurphyFeb 8 2012, 9:34pmPlease note that I have added the following kit requirements for this years race: A raincoat, hat and gloves will be required to be carried by all runners.
Mick HanneyFeb 19 2012, 6:28pmBus reminder: If you have myimra access login and book the bus that is set up on the car pool. If you don't have myimra access there is a google docs link in an earlier post which can be used to add your booking details. Cheers.
Jason MooreFeb 23 2012, 10:09pmcan any1 who has run this race give me a rough breakdown of what to expect,ie how many tough climbs etc.much appreciated
Declan O'DwyerFeb 24 2012, 1:15pmHi Jason, the first 5k goes up hill with about 300m+ of elevation. You descend about 500m over the next 10k. Thats followed by 350m+ of elevation combined in 2 seperate hills over the next 6k. There's a 200m descent before a flattish final 2k to the finish. Obviously there's lots of undulation to make up the 900+ metres of height listed in the details. Great race.
Shane JenkinsonFeb 24 2012, 2:03pmhttp://connect.garmin.com/activity/75172446

Jason, thats my garmin record of the route, hope that's of some usre to you! It's a great route, one of my favourite races last year!
Brian SullivanFeb 29 2012, 12:00pmAny word on a second bus?
Mick HanneyFeb 29 2012, 1:11pm2nd bus listed on car pool
Mick HanneyMar 2 2012, 8:13pm2nd bus filling up bit by bit.
If booking please use either the google docs link or myimra (car pool) but not both, as this will confuse me if I see the same name listed by both means :-)

As ever, if you book and for whatever reason you can't make the race please let me know (mickhanney at ireland dot com) so I can free the booking up for another taker.

Thanks.
Antonia CosgroveMar 4 2012, 10:26pmHi there. Can you enter the race online or is it entry on the day only? Also, could somebody invite me to MyImra. Thanks a mill.
Dermot MurphyMar 5 2012, 9:09amEntry will be on the day - if you are entering the Trail, please be sure to book your place on the bus.
Deborah MeghenMar 5 2012, 1:27pmHi

Just a quick question, are there water stop's on this route and if so how many and where?

Thanks

Deborah
Dermot MurphyMar 5 2012, 1:49pmWater stations will depend on volunteers being available on the day, but we hope to have them at Curtlestown, Crone Wood and Ballinstoe (although this is the start of the Trail race so not needed for people on the Trail race).
Marcos SanchezMar 6 2012, 10:52amIs there any way to confirm the booking. I did few weeks ago but I have not received any confirmation email. I don't want to double book but I would like to be sure I have booked already for the bus. Thanks
Marcos SanchezMar 6 2012, 10:54amPlease ignore the previous message. I just found the email confirmation in the spam folder. Apologies.
Mick HanneyMar 6 2012, 10:59amBookings so far:-
Everyone should have a confirmation email either from the carpool function or from me directly.

Aiden Campbell
Barry Tennyson
Breon White
Brian O'Meara
Brian O'Murchu
colin doyle
Conor White
Conor White
Damian Kelly
David Duffy
David harvey
Declan O'Dwyer
Derek Bain
Derek Charles
derek livingstone
Donall Flanagan
Eoin O'Brien
Fergal O'Mahony
Gerry lalor
Gillian Earley
Greg Byrne
Hannah Kilner
Ian Conroy
James Fox
James Higgins
Jason Moore
john fitzsgearld
John McAuley
Justin Dutton
Justin Rea
Kate Harris
Kevin Doherty
Luke Breathnach
Marcos Sanchez
Mary Collins
Michelle Rowley
Mike Jordan
Mike Long
Neil Duignan
Niall Crowley
Oliver Rynne
Padraig O'Dwyer
Paul Keville
ray hayes
Robert Hickey
Robin Keenan
Samuel Fox
Sean Fox
Shane Rafferty
Stephen Brennan
Warren Swords
Will Greensmyth
Zuzana Pavlikova

Aidan Roe
Anthony Lee
Brian O'Callaghan
Brian O'Sullivan
Cuan McCarrick
Dave Richardson
Feargal Bracken
James Duffy
Michael Devine
Paul Smyth
Richard Cattle
Mick Hanney
Gregory Margas
Brendan Pollard
Kathy Jackson
Caitlin Bent
Tommy Galvin
Dave Byrne
Ed McEntee
Helen French
Darragh Tierney
Emily Stanczyk
Nigel Plowman
Chris Caulfield
Rene Borg
Helen Dixon
Clark Campbell
James Keane
John Connaghan
David Bawden
Hazel Thompson
Paul O'Connell
Jeff Swords
Padhraig Ryan
Catherine Devitt
Aisling Corkery
Suzanne Kenny
Mags Greenan
Richard Kieran
Michael Donlon
Barry Murray
Deborah Meghen
Aidan Keegan
Anthony O'Reilly
Mick HanneyMar 6 2012, 6:04pmA 3rd and final bus will be added when the 2nd bus is full up.. tomorrow at this rate.
Cormac O CeallaighMar 6 2012, 10:16pmI just want to check that I will be able to either register in advance or at the race start. I will be getting a lift straight past Ballinastoe, so it makes sense to get out there - reduce the carbon footprint etc!

Thanks,
Cormac
Dermot MurphyMar 7 2012, 9:01amSorry Cormac, will need to register everyone at Johnnie Foxes as I won't have time to register people at Ballinastoe - I will be under pressure time wise to get the race under way. The two races - the Ultra and the Trail and difficult to run from an organisational point of view, so it helps people fully comply with all instructions, regarding parking, using the bus for the Trail, Mandatory Kit etc.
Mick HanneyMar 7 2012, 11:08am3rd bus up and booking. 3 buses is as many as we'll put on. It serves to put a natural cap on the numbers and parking at Johnny Foxes is limited even at that. So book early! Again, if you have booked and won't make it please let me know, thanks.
Cian FrielMar 8 2012, 8:24amHi there, I booked a seat on the bus for this event early this week, however, I probably should have taken a bit more time to read the forum instructions properly. I booked a seat using the carpool system which seemed to work fine and I got an automatic confirmation emai. However, I then noted in the forum that only MYIMRA members can book a seat on the bus using the carpool. I am not yet registered on the MYIMRA, however I don't want to confuse issues by booking on the google docs link and maybe double booking. Maybe you could let me know if I have sucessfully reserved a seat on the bus from johnny foxes.
Many Thanks
Cian
Mick HanneyMar 8 2012, 8:29amCian, you are reserved. No problem.
Ger KeatingMar 8 2012, 11:28amHi guys, I haven't yet booked. Are there any number restrictions on the trail? I will be getting a lift to Johnny Foxes and then hopefully a lift to the start. I assume I can turn up on the day and register?
Mick HanneyMar 8 2012, 11:45amGer, if you are doubtful as to a lift I'd advise you book a spot on the bus. We are hoping that the vast majority of people will have posted their interest by booking a place on the bus. Last year I don't think we prevented people just showing up on the day to register but those numbers should be small. We encourage people to use the bus to cut down on traffic flow along narrow country roads. That said the 3rd bus is liable to fill so some car traffic is unavoidable.
Mick HanneyMar 9 2012, 6:38pmI have locked the Google docs link. It is now unnecessary as people can use the carpool booking facility successfully and it doesn't require myimra access. Those of you who already booked on the Google docs link are in the system and you should have got an email from me to confirm your booking. Cheers, Mick
Anthony O'ReillyMar 10 2012, 9:21amHi,

I can help out before the race if have a job for me.

Thanks
Anthony
Mick HanneyMar 12 2012, 8:42amUpdated list of bookings. 3rd bus almost half full. If you've booked and don't see yourself on this list pop me an email on mickhanney at ireland dot com.

Adrian Burns
Aidan Keegan
Aidan Roe
Aiden Campbell
Aisling Corkery
Angus Tyner
Anthony Lee
Anthony O'Reilly
Antonia Cosgrove
Archie O'Donnell
Barry Tennyson
Brendan Pollard
Breon White
Brian Caulfield
Brian Furey
Brian O'Callaghan
Brian O'Meara
Brian O'Murchu
Brian O'Sullivan
Caitlin Bent
Catherine Devitt
Catherine Halpin
Chris Caulfield
Cian Friel
Clark Campbell
colin doyle
Colum Traynor
Conor O'Meara
Conor White
Cuan McCarrick
Damian Kelly
Darragh Tierney
Dave Byrne
Dave Richardson
David Bawden
David Duffy
David harvey
Deborah Meghen
Declan O'Dwyer
Denise Mathers
Dennis Carey
Derek Bain
Derek Charles
derek livingstone
Donall Flanagan
Ed McEntee
Emily Stanczyk
Eoin O'Brien
Feargal Bracken
Fergal O'Mahony
Gerry lalor
Gillian Earley
Greg Byrne
Gregory Margas
Hannah Kilner
Hazel Thompson
Helen Dixon
Helen French
Ian Conroy
James Duffy
James Fox
James Higgins
James Keane
Jason Moore
Jeff Swords
John Ahern
John Connaghan
john fitzsgearld
John McAuley
John O'Neill
Justin Dutton
Justin O'Connor
Justin O'Keefe
Justin Rea
Kate Harris
Kathy Jackson
Ken Byrne
Ken Skelly
Kevin Doherty
Laura Fitzpatrick
Laura Flynn
Louis Mullee
Luke Breathnach
Mags Greenan
Marcos Sanchez
Mark Walker
Mary Collins
Michael Devine
Michael Donlon
Michelle Rowley
Mick Hanney
Mike Jordan
Mike Long
Neil Duignan
Niall Crowley
Nigel Plowman
Odhran Hendley
Padhraig Ryan
Padraig O'Dwyer
Paraic Gallagher
Paul Grant
Paul Keville
Paul O'Connell
Paul Smyth
Philip Brennan
Philip Byrne
ray hayes
Rene Borg
Richard Cattle
Richard Kieran
Robert Hickey
Robin Keenan
Rory Bruton
Samuel Fox
Seamus Greenan
Sean Fox
Shane Rafferty
Simon Monds
Stephen Brennan
Suzanne Kenny
Tommy Galvin
Tony Keely
Warren Swords
Will Greensmyth
William Tyrell
Zuzana Pavlikova

Declan O'DwyerMar 12 2012, 2:30pmHi Mick,

did a little damage at the Debra Ireland half marathon yesterday and unfortunately wont be able to run the Trail. Can you take me of the bus.

thanks
Declan
Mick HanneyMar 12 2012, 8:47pmWill do Declan. Sorry to hear that.
Mick HanneyMar 13 2012, 2:43pm3rd bus half full and on the way to filling I suspect.
Thomas McKeeverMar 15 2012, 9:33amHi Mick,

i dotn have access to my imra to sign up. i tried accessing your link but it would allow for it. i hope im not to late to sign up and make the third bus.

please let me know my best course of action. Kind regards,

Thomas
Thomas McKeeverMar 15 2012, 9:37amHi Mick just booked thorugh the carpool link. cheers
Thomas McKeeverMar 15 2012, 10:52amHello folks, is anyone goign to Johnny foxes via the N11? im without transport? let me know. Thanks
Mick HanneyMar 15 2012, 10:53am11 seats left. Everyone who booked should have gotten a confirmation email. When the 3rd bus fills I'll republish the list of those booked and start a waiting list as there are usually cancellations.

People going to Johnny Foxes should endeavour to car pool to get there too as parking there fills up.
Mick HanneyMar 15 2012, 3:43pmContrary to what the carpool is saying there are a few seats left on the 3rd bus. Email me mick dot hanney at boi dot com to take up remaining slots. I'll post here when its full and start a waiting list.
Peter McNeillMar 16 2012, 3:46pmMick,
I have volunteered for this. My kids and I helped out at the Curtlestown water station last year and I would hope that we could do the same job again. Three helpers for the price of one!
I'll even bring a large table for the water station.

Regards
Pete
Mick HanneyMar 17 2012, 8:04amThanks Peter. I daresay Dermot will be very happy with that.

Buses. The 3 buses are fully subscribed as of now. I'm posting those confirmed for the buses here and in the next post I'll start a waiting list as spots tend to free up. If you are confirmed for the bus and for whatever reason won't make the race please let us know. You can do that on the forum here or by email to me, thanks.

Adrian Burns
Adrian Hennessy
Aidan Keegan
Aidan Roe
Aiden Campbell
Aisling Corkery
Amidou Demele
Angus Tyner
Anthony Lee
Anthony O'Reilly
Antonia Cosgrove
Archie O'Donnell
Barry Tennyson
Becky Quinn
Brendan O'Hagan
Brendan Pollard
Breon White
Brian Caulfield
Brian Furey
Brian Leddin
Brian O'Callaghan
Brian O'Meara
Brian O'Murchu
Brian O'Sullivan
Caitlin Bent
Catherine Devitt
Catherine Halpin
Chris Caulfield
Cian Friel
Clark Campbell
colin doyle
Colum Traynor
Conor O'Meara
Conor White
Cuan McCarrick
Damian Kelly
Darragh Tierney
Dave Byrne
Dave Richardson
David Bawden
David Carter
David Duffy
David harvey
Deborah Meghen
Denise Mathers
Dennis Carey
Derek Bain
Derek Charles
derek livingstone
Derek Mathers
Diarmuid Delahunty
Donall Flanagan
Ed McEntee
Eimear Moran
Emily Stanczyk
Emmet Malone
Eoin O'Brien
Feargal Bracken
Fergal O'Mahony
Frank McKenna
Gerard Cunningham
Gerry lalor
Gillian Earley
Greg Byrne
Gregory Margas
Hannah Kilner
Hazel Thompson
Helen Dixon
Helen French
Ian Conroy
Ian Maher
James Duffy
James Fox
James Higgins
James Keane
James McNally
Jason Moore
Jeff Swords
Jimmy Tyrell
John Ahern
John Connaghan
john fitzsgearld
John Higgins
John Kelly
John McAuley
John O'Neill
John O'Regan
John Sheil
Justin Dutton
Justin O'Connor
Justin O'Keefe
Justin Rea
Katayoun Bahramian
Kate Harris
Kathy Jackson
Ken Byrne
Ken Skelly
Kevin Doherty
Laura Fitzpatrick
Laura Flynn
Louis Mullee
Luke Breathnach
Mags Greenan
Marcos Sanchez
Mark Walker
Mary Collins
Michael Devine
Michael Donlon
Michael Maughan
Michelle Rowley
Mick Hanney
Mick Morrissey
Mike Jordan
Mike Long
Neil Duignan
Niall Crowley
Nigel Plowman
Odhran Hendley
Oran Murphy
Padhraig Ryan
Padraig O'Dwyer
Paraic Gallagher
Pat Reid
Patricia Murphy
Paul Grant
Paul Gunning
Paul Keville
Paul O'Connell
Paul Smyth
Paul Watters
Peter McCanny
Philip Brennan
Philip Byrne
ray hayes
Rene Borg
Richard Cattle
Richard Kieran
Richie Lennon
Robert Hickey
Robin Keenan
Rory Bruton
Rory Campbell
Samuel Fox
Seamus Greenan
Sean Fox
Shane Rafferty
Shane Reynolds
Simon Monds
Stephen Brennan
Suzanne Kenny
Thomas Maag
Thomas McKeever
Tommy Galvin
Tony Keely
Warren Swords
Will Greensmyth
Will Martin Smith
William Tyrell
Zuzana Pavlikova
Mick HanneyMar 17 2012, 8:07amWaiting List for bus.

[to add your name, copy and paste this as a reply to this forum and add your name to the list]

1. Darragh Page
Larry StapletonMar 17 2012, 7:37pmHi Mick,
My name is Larry Stapleton. I hope i'm not too late but could you put my name down for a place on the bus for the Wicklow trail race.
Regards
Larry
Mick HanneyMar 17 2012, 8:53pmWaiting List for bus.

[to add your name, copy and paste this as a reply to this forum and add your name to the list]

1. Darragh Page
2. Larry Stapleton
john fitzgeraldMar 17 2012, 10:22pmIam not running the trail race so please take my name off for the bus.Thanks.
Mick HanneyMar 18 2012, 9:34amThanks John. Darragh you are on the bus list now.

Waiting List for bus.

1. Larry Stapleton
Conor DukeMar 18 2012, 8:46pmWaiting List for bus.

1. Darragh Page
2. Larry Stapleton
3. Conor Duke
Mick HanneyMar 18 2012, 8:55pmWaiting List for bus.

1. Larry Stapleton
2. Conor Duke
Christopher DunneMar 18 2012, 9:57pm Waiting List for bus.

1. Christopher Dunne

Hi Mick
Hope it's not too late to add my name on the waiting list for the Bus. Had a good chat with you at the end of the Debra Wicklow Half Marathon and am looking forward to doing this event on Saturday.
Hope to see you there,
Christoper
Robert HickeyMar 19 2012, 8:24amA couple of questions regarding the race and the 2011 yearbook:

1. Will the kit requirements be reviewed on the morning of the race depending on the weather?

2. Will it be possible to buy the 2011 yearbook at registration ?
Dermot MurphyMar 19 2012, 9:08amMandatory kit means you must have it. (A rain jacket with hood will do instead of a hat). You won't be able to sign in unless you have the kit.
Yearbooks will be able for sale.
Robert HickeyMar 19 2012, 9:33amThanks Dermot
Mick HanneyMar 19 2012, 9:46amWaiting List for bus.
[to add your name, copy and paste this as a reply to this forum and add your name to the list of others on the list]

1. Larry Stapleton
2. Conor Duke
3. Christopher Dunne
Ger LawlorMar 19 2012, 10:56amMick Hanney

Today, 9:46 am

Waiting List for bus.
[to add your name, copy and paste this as a reply to this forum and add your name to the list of others on the list]

1. Larry Stapleton
2. Conor Duke
3. Christopher Dunne
4. Ger Lawlor
Anthony FrazerMar 19 2012, 11:00amWaiting List for bus.

1. Larry Stapleton
2. Conor Duke
3. Christopher Dunne
4. Ger Lawlor
5. Anthony Frazer
Cormac FitzpatrickMar 19 2012, 11:32amWaiting List for bus.

1. Larry Stapleton
2. Conor Duke
3. Christopher Dunne
4. Ger Lawlor
5. Anthony Frazer
6. Cormac Fitzpatrick
Mick HanneyMar 19 2012, 8:00pmLarry Stapleton - you are confirmed on the bus.

Waiting List for bus.

1. Conor Duke
2. Christopher Dunne
3. Ger Lawlor
4. Anthony Frazer
5. Cormac Fitzpatrick
6. Darragh Flynn
Dave KellyMar 19 2012, 8:05pmWaiting List for bus.

1. Conor Duke
2. Christopher Dunne
3. Ger Lawlor
4. Anthony Frazer
5. Cormac Fitzpatrick
6. Darragh Flynn
7. Dave Kelly
Niall CrowleyMar 19 2012, 9:45pmHi,

I will be leaving Clontarf at about 8:30am ish on Saturday morning if anyone wants a lift. Can bring three.

Niall

086 1739815
sinead fitzgibbonMar 20 2012, 12:38amI am coming from the USA and haven't a clue about this bus thing. Can I still get a spot? I will have a car, so I can take someone if they know where to go and I can get back to the car.. any help? thanks… Sinead
sinead fitzgibbonMar 20 2012, 12:47amWaiting List for bus.

Please add:
SineadFitzGibbon, thanks
sinead fitzgibbonMar 20 2012, 12:58amWaiting List for bus.

1. Conor Duke
2. Christopher Dunne
3. Ger Lawlor
4. Anthony Frazer
5. Cormac Fitzpatrick
6. Darragh Flynn
7. Dave Kelly
8. Sinead FitzGibbon

1. Conor Duke
2. Christopher Dunne
3. Ger Lawlor
4. Anthony Frazer
5. Cormac Fitzpatrick
6. Darragh Flynn
7. Dave Kelly
8. Sinead FitzGibbon

1. Conor Duke
2. Christopher Dunne
3. Ger Lawlor
4. Anthony Frazer
5. Cormac Fitzpatrick
6. Darragh Flynn
7. Dave Kelly
8. Sinead FitzGibbon

1. Conor Duke
2. Christopher Dunne
3. Ger Lawlor
4. Anthony Frazer
5. Cormac Fitzpatrick
6. Darragh Flynn
7. Dave Kelly
8. Sinead FitzGibbon

1. Conor Duke
2. Christopher Dunne
3. Ger Lawlor
4. Anthony Frazer
5. Cormac Fitzpatrick
6. Darragh Flynn
7. Dave Kelly
8. Sinead FitzGibbon
Niall RocheMar 20 2012, 10:56amWaiting List for bus.

1. Conor Duke
2. Christopher Dunne
3. Ger Lawlor
4. Anthony Frazer
5. Cormac Fitzpatrick
6. Darragh Flynn
7. Dave Kelly
8. Sinead FitzGibbon
9. Niall Roche
Jeff SwordsMar 20 2012, 12:51pmHi Mick,

Won't be in any form for the trail so you can remove me from the bus list and give it to someone else.
Mick HanneyMar 20 2012, 1:07pmThanks Jeff. If anyone else can't make it I'd appreciate if you'd let us know, Cheers.

Conor Duke, you are confirmed for the bus.

Waiting List for bus.

1. Christopher Dunne
2. Ger Lawlor
3. Anthony Frazer
4. Cormac Fitzpatrick
5. Darragh Flynn
6. Dave Kelly
7. Sinead FitzGibbon
8. Niall Roche
Mick HanneyMar 20 2012, 1:07pmThanks Jeff. If anyone else can't make it I'd appreciate if you'd let us know, Cheers.

Conor Duke, you are confirmed for the bus.

Waiting List for bus.

1. Christopher Dunne
2. Ger Lawlor
3. Anthony Frazer
4. Cormac Fitzpatrick
5. Darragh Flynn
6. Dave Kelly
7. Sinead FitzGibbon
8. Niall Roche
andy thompsonMar 20 2012, 1:33pm1. Christopher Dunne
2. Ger Lawlor
3. Anthony Frazer
4. Cormac Fitzpatrick
5. Darragh Flynn
6. Dave Kelly
7. Sinead FitzGibbon
8. Niall Roche
9. Andy Thompson
10.Rhys Mc Allister

P.S. if i dont make it on the the bus....i have a van that has 6 seats. i am happy to fill up and drive to start after registration at johnnie foxes following the busses. shuttle details i can sort out as i live close to ballinastoe. it would be my own responsibility and cost amnt requiring any help from imra. is this a possibility- race organiser?
Mick HanneyMar 20 2012, 1:37pmThanks for the offer Andy. Lets see how the list goes over the week. I've an enquiry in with the coach people to see if another mini-bus can be lined up (depending on numbers).
Dairine FrawleyMar 20 2012, 1:46pm1. Christopher Dunne
2. Ger Lawlor
3. Anthony Frazer
4. Cormac Fitzpatrick
5. Darragh Flynn
6. Dave Kelly
7. Sinead FitzGibbon
8. Niall Roche
9. Andy Thompson
10.Rhys Mc Allister
11. Dairine Frawley
Alan CoxMar 20 2012, 2:46pm1. Christopher Dunne
2. Ger Lawlor
3. Anthony Frazer
4. Cormac Fitzpatrick
5. Darragh Flynn
6. Dave Kelly
7. Sinead FitzGibbon
8. Niall Roche
9. Andy Thompson
10.Rhys Mc Allister
11. Dairine Frawley
12. Alan Cox

If bus doesn't work out, I'm happy to swap lifts to and from Ballinastoe with someone.
Alan
Mathew KavanaghMar 20 2012, 3:12pmAlan Cox

Today, 2:46 pm

1. Christopher Dunne
2. Ger Lawlor
3. Anthony Frazer
4. Cormac Fitzpatrick
5. Darragh Flynn
6. Dave Kelly
7. Sinead FitzGibbon
8. Niall Roche
9. Andy Thompson
10.Rhys Mc Allister
11. Dairine Frawley
12. Alan Cox
13. Mathew Kavanagh
Mick HanneyMar 20 2012, 7:48pmWaiting list for bus. I've an enquiry in to see if I can get an additional bus. Short of that we'll work out some sort of shuttle arrangement for the stragglers. Thanks for your patience.

Christopher Dunne - place confirmed on bus.
Sinead FitzGibbon - place confirmed on bus. Sinead is travelling from New York for the race.

1. Ger Lawlor
2. Anthony Frazer
3. Cormac Fitzpatrick
4. Darragh Flynn
5. Dave Kelly
6. Niall Roche
7. Andy Thompson
8. Rhys Mc Allister
9. Dairine Frawley
10. Alan Cox
11. Mathew Kavanagh
David QuinnMar 20 2012, 9:01pm1. Ger Lawlor
2. Anthony Frazer
3. Cormac Fitzpatrick
4. Darragh Flynn
5. Dave Kelly
6. Niall Roche
7. Andy Thompson
8. Rhys Mc Allister
9. Dairine Frawley
10. Alan Cox
11. Mathew Kavanagh
12. David Quinn
Dermot MurphyMar 20 2012, 9:52pmA couple of general points for Saturday:

1) Headphones are not allowed at any IMRA race.

2) Parking - Please use the overflow car park a short distance up from Johnnie Foxes pub, NOT the car park beside JF's pub, which is to be left for their regular customers. If the overflow car park is full, there is additional parking up at the church, a short distance up from the overflow car park. Please do not park at the GAA club, at the finish, as there is a junior game on there at midday. That game will be over by the time people start to finish the race (after 1:30pm), and we have permission to use it then. Please use the car park here, if you want to drive up to the finish.

3) Litter - Please do not drop litter along the route - anyone caught littering will be disqualified. Please either keep any litter until you finish, or leave at the checkpoints at Crone Wood, Ballinastoe and Curtlestown.

4) If you get into any difficulties, please note there is an emergency phone number at the back of your race number.
Jacqui HowardMar 21 2012, 8:50amMick,
Can I book a place on the bus please.
Thanks,
Jacqui
James KeaneMar 21 2012, 10:13amHi Mick,

Something urgent has come up for me so I am afraid I will not be able to make it Saturday. You can remove my name from the bus and give it to someone else.

Good luck to all on Saturday!

Thanks
Denise MathersMar 21 2012, 12:11pmHi Mick,

Have decided I will do the ultra on Saturday as I had been unsure if I was ready for the longer distance. So you can take my name of the bus list - however I might need the bus back when I bet to Ballinastoe!!!!!

Derek CharlesMar 21 2012, 1:13pmHi Mick,

Cannot make the race on Saturday, can take my name off the bus list. Thank you.

Derek

Seán FoxMar 21 2012, 2:54pmHi Mick,
Can you take David Byrne off the bus list? He can't make it. I originally put his name down on his behalf.
Thanks,
Seán
mick hanneyMar 21 2012, 3:36pmTx. I'll update the list later.
Kieran CrowleyMar 21 2012, 3:38pmMick,
Can I go on the waiting list for a place on the bus please.
Thanks,
Kieran
Andy ThompsonMar 21 2012, 5:31pmSo.. After all that. My grandfathers funeral is on sat, so won't be doing the race, or be able to offer a lift. Please take my name off the waiting list. Andy
Mick HanneyMar 21 2012, 5:55pmUpdated bus list (after a few swaps out and in):-

Adrian Burns
Adrian Hennessy
Aidan Keegan
Aidan Roe
Aiden Campbell
Aisling Corkery
Amidou Demele
Angus Tyner
Anthony Frazer
Anthony Lee
Anthony O'Reilly
Antonia Cosgrove
Archie O'Donnell
Barry Tennyson
Becky Quinn
Brendan O'Hagan
Brendan Pollard
Breon White
Brian Caulfield
Brian Furey
Brian Leddin
Brian O'Callaghan
Brian O'Meara
Brian O'Murchu
Brian O'Sullivan
Caitlin Bent
Catherine Devitt
Catherine Halpin
Chris Caulfield
Christopher Dunne
Cian Friel
Clark Campbell
colin doyle
Colum Traynor
conor duke
Conor O'Meara
Conor White
Cormac Fitzpatrick
Cuan McCarrick
Damian Kelly
Daragh Page
Darragh Flynn
Darragh Tierney
Dave Kelly
Dave Richardson
David Bawden
David Carter
David Duffy
David harvey
Deborah Meghen
Dennis Carey
Derek Bain
derek livingstone
Derek Mathers
Diarmuid Delahunty
Donall Flanagan
Ed McEntee
Eimear Moran
Emily Stanczyk
Emmet Malone
Eoin O'Brien
Feargal Bracken
Fergal O'Mahony
Frank McKenna
Ger Lawlor
Gerard Cunningham
Gerry lalor
Gillian Earley
Greg Byrne
Gregory Margas
Hannah Kilner
Hazel Thompson
Helen Dixon
Helen French
Ian Conroy
James Duffy
James Fox
James Higgins
James McNally
Jason Moore
Jimmy Tyrell
John Ahern
John Connaghan
John Higgins
John Kelly
John McAuley
John O'Neill
John O'Regan
John Sheil
Justin Dutton
Justin O'Keefe
Justin Rea
Katayoun Bahramian
Kate Harris
Kathy Jackson
Ken Byrne
Ken Skelly
Kevin Doherty
Larry Stapleton
Laura Fitzpatrick
Laura Flynn
Louis Mullee
Luke Breathnach
Mags Greenan
Marcos Sanchez
Mark Walker
Mary Collins
Michael Devine
Michael Donlon
Michael Maughan
Michelle Rowley
Mick Hanney
Mick Morrissey
Mike Jordan
Mike Long
Neil Duignan
Niall Crowley
Nigel Plowman
Odhran Hendley
Oran Murphy
Padhraig Ryan
Padraig O'Dwyer
Paraic Gallagher
Pat Reid
Patricia Murphy
Paul Grant
Paul Gunning
Paul Keville
Paul O'Connell
Paul Watters
Peter McCanny
Philip Brennan
Philip Byrne
ray hayes
Rene Borg
Richard Cattle
Richard Kieran
Richie Lennon
Robert Hickey
Robin Keenan
Rory Bruton
Rory Campbell
Samuel Fox
Seamus Greenan
Sean Fox
Shane Rafferty
Shane Reynolds
Simon Monds
Sinead Fitzgibbon
Stephen Brennan
Suzanne Kenny
Thomas Maag
Thomas McKeever
Tommy Galvin
Tony Keely
Will Greensmyth
Will Martin Smith
William Tyrell
Zuzana Pavlikova

Mick HanneyMar 21 2012, 5:57pmUpdated Waiting List

1. Niall Roche
2. Rhys Mc Allister
3. Dairine Frawley
4. Alan Cox
5. Mathew Kavanagh
6. David Quinn
7. Jacqui Howard
8. Kieran Crowley
Michael LynchMar 21 2012, 6:07pmHi,

Was looking to put my name down for the bus, for the 25k trail!
Mick HanneyMar 21 2012, 8:00pmCAR POOL:-

Folks - the car parks around Johnny Foxes were overfull last year - quite early too such is the growing popularity of the ultra race. We can do our bit to mitigate against that again if people going to the race start added their own cars to the car pool and people car pooled to the start. At the moment the only vehicles in the car pool are the buses to bring people to the WWT start at Ballinastoe.
Mick HanneyMar 21 2012, 8:07pmNiall Roche - you have a place on the bus.

Updated Waiting List

1. Rhys Mc Allister
2. Dairine Frawley
3. Alan Cox
4. Mathew Kavanagh
5. David Quinn
6. Jacqui Howard
7. Kieran Crowley
8. Michael Lynch

john o neillMar 21 2012, 9:54pmHi Mick,

I wont make sats race so please give me seat on the bus to someone else.

Mick HanneyMar 21 2012, 10:11pmThanks John. Rhys Mc Allister - you are on the bus.

Updated Waiting List

1. Dairine Frawley
2. Alan Cox
3. Mathew Kavanagh
4. David Quinn
5. Jacqui Howard
6. Kieran Crowley
7. Michael Lynch
Sean FilanMar 21 2012, 10:30pmHi Mick

Can you put my name on the waiting list please. totally forgot about this!
greg dixonMar 21 2012, 11:06pmhi mick
can you add greg dixon and troy bannon to the list
please
cheers
Luke BreathnachMar 21 2012, 11:12pmHi Mick,
sorry for this late stage, but I have to pull out of the race on Saturday due to an injury. So could you please take my name off the bus list.
sorry for any inconvenience caused. Enjoy the race to all runners.

le meas

Luke Breathnach
karl walshMar 21 2012, 11:27pmhi mick

can you put me down for the bus waiting list forgot till now about the bus

karl
catherine halpinMar 22 2012, 12:48amHi, sorry about this - but i also have to pull out of the race due to injury. really sorry for messing the organisers about. hope the race is fab.

Catherine.
Mar 22 2012, 6:49amHi Mick,

Apologies for the late notice but I need to pull out also due to niggly knee syndrome which has popped up again yesterday evening.

Thanks for all your organisation and good luck to all taking part,

Dave.
Eoin SYRONMar 22 2012, 8:20amHI Mick, I would also like to join the waiting list for the bus

Eoin Syron

Updated Waiting List

1. Dairine Frawley
2. Alan Cox
3. Mathew Kavanagh
4. David Quinn
5. Jacqui Howard
6. Kieran Crowley
7. Michael Lynch
8. Sean Filan
9. Greg Dixon
10. Troy Bannon
11. Karl Walsh
12. Eoin Syron
Mick HanneyMar 22 2012, 1:44pmThanks folks for letting me know of cancellations.

Now confirmed on bus:-
1. Dairine Frawley
2. Alan Cox
3. Mathew Kavanagh

Mick HanneyMar 22 2012, 1:48pmUpdated waiting list for bus, currently stands at 9:-
1. David Quinn
2. Jacqui Howard
3. Kieran Crowley
4. Michael Lynch
5. Sean Filan
6. Greg Dixon
7. Troy Bannon
8. Karl Walsh
9. Eoin Syron
Paul O'ConnellMar 22 2012, 1:49pmMick,
Afraid i can't run this weekend, so can you distribute my bus place.
thanks,
P
Mick HanneyMar 22 2012, 1:55pmThanks Paul. David Quinn, you are in luck.

As the waiting list is only 8 I don't think we can justify arranging another bus. Can those on the waiting list post here and organise a lift out to Ballinastoe? For what its worth I live in south Wicklow and I can travel home that way to drop the driver(s) back to their cars.
henny brandsmaMar 22 2012, 2:18pmHi there.
I have some space in my car to bring two more peopleto racestart in Ballinastoe woods,first come's first in.
You can contact me at o87-7604825 or send e-mail to hennybrandsma@yahoo.ie.
Leaving Johny Foxes approx.10.30hr.
Regards henny.
karl walshMar 22 2012, 3:54pmhenny

i am on the bus waiting list could i get a lift in your car from johnny foxes for the trail run this saturday

ps i just tried to phone you and mailed you

karl walsh
Alan CoxMar 22 2012, 6:36pmHi Mick, I am lucky enough to have a place on the bus, but as another Wicklow man, I can happily drive past Ballinastoe on the way home and drop people back to their cars. If someone wants to take me up on this offer I could also hitch a lift down with them beforehand and give someone else the place on the bus.

Let me know if this helps,

Alan
Derek BainMar 22 2012, 7:54pmHi Mick
I've a bus place but won't be able to run. Can you reallocate it.
Cheers
Derek
Mick HanneyMar 22 2012, 7:57pmThanks Alan & Derek.

Jacqui Howard - place confirmed on bus for you.
Rory CampbellMar 22 2012, 8:27pmI've car spaces and I'm passing through town on Sat(~9:30) if someone want's a lift to Johnnie Foxes. See carpool link. Can also email me campbell_rory at hotmail dot com.
Mick HanneyMar 22 2012, 9:07pmUpdated bus list:

Adrian Burns
Adrian Hennessy
Aidan Keegan
Aidan Roe
Aiden Campbell
Aisling Corkery
Alan Cox
Amidou Demele
Angus Tyner
Anthony Frazer
Anthony Lee
Anthony O'Reilly
Antonia Cosgrove
Archie O'Donnell
Barry Tennyson
Becky Quinn
Brendan O'Hagan
Breon White
Brian Caulfield
Brian Furey
Brian Leddin
Brian O'Callaghan
Brian O'Meara
Brian O'Murchu
Brian O'Sullivan
Caitlin Bent
Catherine Devitt
Chris Caulfield
Christopher Dunne
Cian Friel
Clark Campbell
colin doyle
Colum Traynor
conor duke
Conor O'Meara
Conor White
Cormac Fitzpatrick
Cuan McCarrick
Dairine Frawley
Damian Kelly
Daragh Page
Darragh Flynn
Darragh Tierney
Dave Richardson
David Bawden
David Carter
David Duffy
David harvey
David Quinn
Deborah Meghen
Dennis Carey
derek livingstone
Derek Mathers
Diarmuid Delahunty
Donall Flanagan
Ed McEntee
Eimear Moran
Emily Stanczyk
Emmet Malone
Eoin O'Brien
Feargal Bracken
Fergal O'Mahony
Frank McKenna
Ger Lawlor
Gerard Cunningham
Gerry lalor
Gillian Earley
Greg Byrne
Gregory Margas
Hannah Kilner
Hazel Thompson
Helen Dixon
Helen French
Ian Conroy
Jacqui Howard
James Duffy
James Fox
James Higgins
James McNally
Jason Moore
Jimmy Tyrell
John Ahern
John Connaghan
John Higgins
John Kelly
John McAuley
John O'Regan
John Sheil
Justin Dutton
Justin O'Keefe
Justin Rea
Katayoun Bahramian
Kate Harris
Kathy Jackson
Ken Byrne
Ken Skelly
Kevin Doherty
Larry Stapleton
Laura Fitzpatrick
Laura Flynn
Louis Mullee
Mags Greenan
Marcos Sanchez
Mark Walker
Mary Collins
Mathew Kavanagh
Michael Devine
Michael Donlon
Michael Maughan
Michelle Rowley
Mick Hanney
Mick Morrissey
Mike Jordan
Mike Long
Neil Duignan
Niall Crowley
Niall Roche
Nigel Plowman
Odhran Hendley
Oran Murphy
Padhraig Ryan
Padraig O'Dwyer
Paraic Gallagher
Pat Reid
Patricia Murphy
Paul Grant
Paul Gunning
Paul Keville
Paul Watters
Peter McCanny
Philip Brennan
Philip Byrne
ray hayes
Rene Borg
Rhys McAllister
Richard Cattle
Richard Kieran
Richie Lennon
Robert Hickey
Robin Keenan
Rory Bruton
Rory Campbell
Samuel Fox
Seamus Greenan
Sean Fox
Shane Rafferty
Shane Reynolds
Simon Monds
Sinead Fitzgibbon
Stephen Brennan
Suzanne Kenny
Thomas Maag
Thomas McKeever
Tommy Galvin
Tony Keely
Will Greensmyth
Will Martin Smith
William Tyrell
Zuzana Pavlikova
Mick HanneyMar 22 2012, 9:10pmWaiting List:

1. Kieran Crowley
2. Michael Lynch
3. Sean Filan
4. Greg Dixon
5. Troy Bannon
6. Karl Walsh (arranging lift with Henny)
7. Eoin Syron

Both myself and Alan Cox can drive past Ballinastoe on the way back after the race if waiting list people need to drive to the start and need a lift after the race.
Angus TynerMar 22 2012, 9:37pmAnyone else from Wicklow direction for car pooling. I've just added spaces to car pool.
Alternatively, I can drive to Roundwood and get lift with Rene.
aidan roeMar 23 2012, 7:15amMick
I womt make it tmw. either so you can redistribute my seat.

Aidan
Kieran CrowleyMar 23 2012, 8:08amHi Mick, I have arranged a lift with Henry, so please take me off bus list. Thks Kieran
Mick HanneyMar 23 2012, 8:11amThanks Aidan.

Kieran Crowley & Karl Walsh - getting lift with Henny.

Michael Lynch - seat confirmed on bus.

Waiting list.
1. Sean Filan
2. Greg Dixon
3. Troy Bannon
4. Eoin Syron

Any cancellations today or in the morning - please txt me on 086 8539554. Thanks Mick.
henny brandsmaMar 23 2012, 8:56amHi Kieran & Karl.
I will pick you both up from Johny Foxes,leaving approx.10.30hr.
Regards Henny.
John FitzgeraldMar 23 2012, 8:59amHi Guys,

Im going to have to pull out, have had a bug the last few days that I hasnt gone has quick as I hoped.

Can you please remove my name from the list?

Thanks
John
Roisin HickeyMar 23 2012, 9:45amWaiting list.
1. Sean Filan
2. Greg Dixon
3. Troy Bannon
4. Eoin Syron
5. Roisin Hickey
Eric ClintonMar 23 2012, 11:07amWaiting list.
1. Sean Filan
2. Greg Dixon
3. Troy Bannon
4. Eoin Syron
5. Roisin Hickey
6. Eric Clinton
Harry McgeeMar 23 2012, 11:33amCan I be added to waiting list. Thanks. Harry McGee
Mick HanneyMar 23 2012, 11:44amSean Filan - you are confirmed on the bus.

John Fitzgerald - I'm slightly confused as there was a posting from 17th March saying you couldn't make it already?

Waiting list as it currently stands.
1. Greg Dixon
2. Troy Bannon
3. Eoin Syron
4. Roisin Hickey
5. Eric Clinton
6. Harry McGee

Mick HanneyMar 23 2012, 12:10pmGreg Dixon - you have a seat confirmed on the bus.
Máire LawlorMar 23 2012, 1:03pmHi Mick,
Can i be added to waiting list.
Also happy to drive or to drop someone back.
Thanks
Gillian EarleyMar 23 2012, 1:09pmHi
I booked 2 places on the bus for myself and Shane Rafferty, unfortunately we will not be able to make the race so please give our seats to someone.
Many thanks
Gillian
Mick HanneyMar 23 2012, 1:15pmThanks Gillian

Bus seats confirmed for Troy Bannon and Eoin Syron

Waiting List now is down to:-
1. Roisin Hickey
2. Eric Clinton
3. Harry McGee
4. Maire Lawlor
Mick HanneyMar 23 2012, 3:24pmRoisin - there is a place on the bus now if you still need it?
Harry McGeeMar 23 2012, 3:28pmMick, on the offchance if spaces on the bus do not become available, are you allowed to register and then car-pool to Ballinastoe? Thanks. Harry
Mick HanneyMar 23 2012, 3:29pmYes Harry. And as I said in previous posts I can drive home via Ballinastoe if people need to be dropped back to a car there.
Rory CampbellMar 23 2012, 3:42pmHi,
Could the first two people who are carpooling with me send me an email directly (campbell_rory at hotmail dot com)or call? I had email issues earlier today and didn't get the auto email.
Thanks, Rory
Brian LeddinMar 23 2012, 3:46pmhi Mick.

It looks like myself (Brian Leddin), Richie Lennon and Katayoun Bahramian will not be able to make it tomorrow. You can take all three of us off the list. Thanks.

Brian

Mick HanneyMar 23 2012, 3:50pmThanks.

Thats the waiting list cleared. Eric, Harry and Maire - places confirmed on bus.

Any more cancellations please txt me as I won't be picking up emails soon. 086 8539554.
John HusseyMar 23 2012, 3:54pmSorry for the late call but if a spare space comes up on the bus, I'll take it.
Thanks John Hussey
Michael O'NeillMar 23 2012, 4:08pmLate to the party I know but are there any car pool spaces open or bus spaces? :-)
John McAuleyMar 23 2012, 4:24pmAnyone been up the hills in the last few days? I imagine they must be relatively dry so road runners might be the way to go tomorrow given the large proportion of forest road etc.
Only place I can think off that trail shoes would be beneficial is coming down off Djouce. Thoughts?
Jacqui HowardMar 23 2012, 5:00pmThanks Mick.
Jacqui
Ivo SimurdaMar 23 2012, 5:22pmHi, probably super late for this but is it possible to register everything tmrw on start? I'm not IMRA registered yet.
Thanks Ivo
Dermot MurphyMar 23 2012, 5:57pmIvo, you can sign up and register on the morning, so you are not too late!

General point on registration - the Ultra race will be signing on from 8am to 9:20am - if you sign up then, you will be doing the Ultra! Trail registration will start at 9:40am and finish up around 11:10am, when the last bus will be leaving. But please try to be there for registration well before 11am.

And to repeat - no registration at Ballinastoe!
Seán FoxMar 23 2012, 6:16pmHi Mick,

Neil Duignan won't make the bus either. See ya tomorrow.

Cheers,
Seán
Roisin HickeyMar 23 2012, 6:43pmHi Mick,

I will take that place in the bus.

Thanks
Roisin.
Roisin HickeyMar 23 2012, 7:01pmThanks Mick I'll take the place on the bus :)
Richard KieranMar 23 2012, 8:26pmHi, I have reserved a place on the bus but cannot run tomorrow, i hope it is not too late for someone else to take my place. Sorry for the short notice, enjoy the race. Richard
Fiona DugganMar 24 2012, 12:34amHi,
Am I too late to put my name down for a place on a bus. If I register for the race in the morning, is there a likelyhood that I will be able to get a place on a bus? Fiona
Mick HanneyMar 24 2012, 8:14amFiona and other late comers,

I can't guarantee a seat at this late stage. If you drove to race start after registration (preferably by car pooling) there'll be someone driving that direction after the race finishes, including myself.
David QuinnMar 24 2012, 8:20amI can't make the race this morning (tricky knee) - my spot on the bus is available.

David
Mick HanneyMar 24 2012, 8:25amI've no access to forum from now. If you can't make the bus please txt me 086 8539554. Thanks. Mick
Mick HanneyMar 24 2012, 6:00pmGreat day. Thanks to Dermot and the non runner helpers for making it possible.
Well done to all finishers.
John KellyMar 24 2012, 6:17pmWhat a great event. A big thanks to the water providers - life saving stuff. Just went too bed for 2 hours - now for some drinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John CondonMar 24 2012, 6:51pmThanks to everyone who took time out to help today. It was a great race
Robert HickeyMar 24 2012, 6:57pmA huge thanks to everyone involved today to make this race what it was.
Justin O'KeeffeMar 24 2012, 8:08pmMany thanks to all the volunteers for organising a brilliant event & the buses worked real treat too
Cormac O ceallaighMar 24 2012, 8:22pmBrillant day!perfect weather conditions,nice soft wind.
Massive thanks to marshalls,water station
Personnel and dermot murphy and mick" bus/logistics expert ,patience of Job ! Extradonaire!"well done to all who took part ,in particular the ultra runners who turned out in force,God be good to tfe days when I did the ultra and there was a total of 9! runners.
Sean FoxMar 24 2012, 8:31pmGreat day out. Thanks to the organisers and the marshalls for their time and enthusiasm. Fair play to the ultra runners on a warm day.
Roisin HickeyMar 24 2012, 9:04pmThanks a million to the organisers and the marshalls. It was a brilliant day. And a big thanks to Brendan who saved me at one of the water stops. Today made me smile :)
Christopher DunneMar 24 2012, 9:45pmthanks to everyone involved today for putting on a great race, really enjoyed the challenge.. and it was certainly challenging!!
Thanks again, ;)
Sinead FitzgibbonMar 25 2012, 10:43amGreat race, thanks for the craic. One suggestion: porta~potties at both Ballinastoe woods AND at the Car Park @ johnny foxes pub. Not a very eco-friendly effort, with many athletes forced into the surrounding fields pre-and post race. If it is a cost issue, just tag on a couple of euro to the (incredibly good value) race fee. I would be happy to return from the USA with a whole gang next year, but I know there would be major environmental concerns about the lack of potties! Otherwise, one of the most beautiful and challenging races I have ever done! Thanks again, sinead
Dermot MurphyMar 25 2012, 6:37pmResults for the Trail and Ultra are now up. Please look over them carefully to see that your result was accurately recorded - we were operating manual results and with two sets of results to compile, plus adjustments for early starters, its quite possible a couple of results were recorded incorrectly. Well done to the winners - David and Caroline in the Ultra and Ian and Catherine in the Trail, and well done to all for taking part.

Many thanks to all who helped out on the day - Mick for organising the buses - which we can all agree worked out great, our water marshals at Curtlestown (Jean, Peter & kids!) Crone Wood (Mary and John) and Ballinstoe (Lindie & Kevin) with Vivian marshaling at Lough Tay. Thanks also to those who helped out with parking and registration at the start - Barry, John, Richard, Martin, Greg (plus a few others!) and also at the finish - Barry again, Eoin, Lindie and Sean. Thanks also to anyone else who helped out on the day - its a long day for both the runners and volunteers, but it helped that it was such a nice day.

Littering - I did not hear a bad reports so hopefully this was improved from last year, the point was certainly underlined at the start. If anyone noticed any littering along the route, please let me know (you can send me an email if you do not wish to reply on the forum).

Sinead's point on the loo's - this point was also made last year and considered carefully. It was felt that cost would exceed the benefit of them. But I think it can be looked at again. Any arrangements for Loo's at Johnny Foxes would need to be made in conjunction with the pub. Anyone know when they were open? Did they let the runners use the facilities? I certainly approach them before next years race and see if a solution can be found. At Ballinstoe, does anyone reading this regularly use the MTB tracks? Are they any plans with the MTBer's to set up loo's? Perhaps with could come up with a joint arrangement with them if they were to hold an event later on in the same day, and share the costs of the loo's for the day. Anyone think something along those lines would be possible?
Rene BorgMar 25 2012, 7:09pmThanks Dermot, great effort from you and your team yesterday, a lot of logistics to juggle. I was one of those who had misgivings about the new route when it was first announced but having tried it "in anger", it makes for a better, and not so different, race, compared to the old 22km and the benefit of spreading the field out significantly ahead of the board-walks is well worth the extra effort of getting up from Ballinastoe.

The chance to see 90 minutes broken for the old course was a loss, but with the results of 2011 and 2012, we will hopefully soon see the fall of 1:40. Some interesting talk yesterday about what is ultimately possible on the route but we will probably never see it as it would require a bunch of top runners in peak condition racing it on the same day. As it is the race is perfectly placed in the early season when a lot of runners will have their winter training done and dusted but not yet gone into sharpening.
Gerard CunninghamMar 25 2012, 8:53pmDermot thanks to you and all the volunteers for a superbly organised event - despite the best efforts of people like me who tried to confuse the system by paying and collecting their numbers without signing in (sorry). Grateful if you could add me to the list of runners when you get a chance (number 715 time 2:28:13 or thereabouts)Cheers
Dermot MurphyMar 25 2012, 9:03pmGerard, will update later in the week. I have 715 recorded alright, but was not registered.
Jason KehoeMar 26 2012, 9:08amI posted photos taken at the farmyard going up that last nasty hill, you all looked very handsome at this stage of the race! ;)

Cheers,
Jason
Lindie NaughtonMar 26 2012, 10:23amAlready posted on ultra thread but just in case: some pics of finish at www.lindie.zenfolio.com. Great day - well done all!
John KellyMar 26 2012, 2:18pmIn relation to using the toilets in Johnny Foxes before the race - They were open before the 2nd bus left anyway and there was no issue with the staff who had no problem with runners comming in and using them.

Michelle RowleyMar 26 2012, 4:07pmThanks for another great race!
Justin DuttonMar 26 2012, 5:02pmHi Mick

The results show me finishing 16th 124:56, I actually finished on 144.56 which drops me a good few places.
Thanks for a great day!
Justin
Dermot MurphyMar 28 2012, 5:34amResults now updated - any others changes, please let me know before Friday.
Brendan O'HaganMar 29 2012, 5:45pmhi guys...great day out on sat...you had me finishing in 16th place in 125 (i wish) my time was 2.25 dead once again thanks...i'll be baaccckkkk..
Will Martin SmithMar 30 2012, 11:30amHi, I was trying to decided whether or not to post this comment but eventually decided it was the right thing to do. I finished well down the field last Saturday and the placings/time recorded by others didn't really matter to me. I would imagine that further up the rankings these things matter more. During the trail race, I noticed a few people taking fairly decent shortcuts (cutting maybe 50-100 metres at a go) coming down to Crone Wood car park and again going up Prince William's Seat.

As I said this was well down the field and the distances weren't huge but all the same it is a race and everyone should do the same distance on a marked route race. If it isn't remarked upon the practice will get more widespread and could even at some future rac, have an impact on placings in the top 10 or 20 runners.

I'm not looking for names or changed results but feel that this is something that should be mentioned.
Dermot MurphyMar 30 2012, 11:35amThanks for that Will. It was clearly stated at the start that shorts like those mentioned were not allowed. As a small number of people have now abused this request for an honest race, we will need to post marshals in some of those trouble spots in future races - a drain on already stretched resources.
will Martin SmithMar 30 2012, 3:16pmIt goes without saying that the event was great and very well organised. I don't mean to criticise the organisation at all!
Diarmuid O'CoolmainApr 4 2012, 4:32pmThere are at least 4 potential shortcuts between the river bridge coming off Djouce and Crone Wood, and another couple back between the start and the river.

Then there is the big shortcut at Knockree and several in Curtlestown.

I think my point is that it will not be practical to steward the race - we have no choice but to depend on people being 'on their honour' for the event.

If someone down the field isn't aware of the rules or really doesnt care (just being out for a run and not interested in race as such) so be it, it doesn't matter too much, but could be slightly irritating. For the front-runners it is obviously more important, as Will mentions - but I can't see any realistic solution, other than that competitors report the problem at the finish.

I'm guessing that the elite runners are very well aware of the route and do not take shorts - am I being naive?
Diarmuid O'CoolmainApr 4 2012, 4:34pmOn a completely different matter, someone gave the marshal in Crone Wood carpark (my wife Mary) a little neck scarf (black and white) and did not recover it at the end. We are holding it. Please contact me if it is yours (0 eight 7 24133 oh 3).

Sorry for the delay in posting this.

Angus TynerApr 4 2012, 9:32pmI was running in the top 30 and didn't notice anyone taking short cuts...unless I took them as well :)