Irish Mountain
Running Association

Killiney Hill - GOAL Charity Race

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Ken CowleyMar 8 2012, 1:16pmHi Dermot,
Is it possible to just run the whole thing oneself? Presumably doing 3 laps of 2.5k, making a 7.5k run..
Dermot MurphyMar 8 2012, 1:35pmI try to keep it to teams as much as possible, as that is the whole point of the event. I don't think anyone has run it all before, but a few people have done two legs in order to make up a full team.
We could see on the night - if there was one person left over, they could run it all themselves, but I would not like a situation were one team was one person short and we allowed one person to run it all themselves. I will warn you though, that this would be very much a last minute decision.
Ken CowleyMar 8 2012, 4:23pmOk, thanks Dermot.
Sounds like it would be more fun to run it in the relay format, as intended.
Anthony O'ReillyMar 23 2012, 9:56amHi,

I can volunteer on the night if you need any help.

Thanks
Anthony.
Paul KevilleMar 23 2012, 11:31amI put myself down as race marker. I can help out during the race also and de-mark the route if you still need volunteers for this race.
Dermot MurphyMar 24 2012, 7:01amThanks guys, all help appreciated.
Catherine DevittApr 8 2012, 12:08pmHi, am just wondering - do we show up with teams already formed, or are teams selected on the night? C
Mick HanneyApr 8 2012, 1:35pmLots are drawn for teams at registration.
Colm HillApr 14 2012, 9:48pmSo, would it be frowned upon to rock up with a few mates and ask can we be on the same team?

Innocent question... honest :)
Dermot MurphyApr 14 2012, 9:54pmColm, no pre-arranged teams for this, picking the teams at random is all part of the event.
Dermot MurphyApr 17 2012, 8:49amThanks to all those who volunteered to help - I have more than enough so if anyone who is down as a non runner wants a run, bring your gear just in case!

I hope to open registration at 6:15 and we will need to close it at 7:15 sharp to pick the teams. Can all runners please be at the registration point at 7:15 when the teams are being picked.
Torben DahlApr 17 2012, 4:42pmHi,
Anyone who can assist with directions to the registration, without using grid references? :-)

Thanks.
Peter O'FarrellApr 17 2012, 5:50pmhttp://www.dlrcoco.ie/parks/killiney.html
Jeff TooheyApr 18 2012, 11:25amHi,

I am planning to run in this evening's race at Killiney Hill Park and am com coming up from Arklow. Because of a commitment later in the evening I was wondering if I could be scheduled in the first lap if that is not any trouble. Please let me know. I ran in a previous IMRA event a few weeks ago and paid my annual membership. Do I need to register for this evenings race in advance or just show up? Thanks.

Regards,

Jeff
Dermot MurphyApr 18 2012, 12:13pmHi Jeff - you can just show up. Mention at registration that you need to go early, and I'll put you in the first group to run.
Jeff TooheyApr 18 2012, 4:32pmThanks Dermot. See you there.
Gareth LittleApr 18 2012, 10:18pm
Great race, lots of fun. Thx to all involved
Ronan HickeyApr 18 2012, 10:36pmYeah, a brilliant fun race as always! Cheers for all the organisation and respect to the lad who combat-rolled over the line for fourth(?) place!

Ronan
Dermot MurphyApr 19 2012, 12:22amResults and short race report now up on the race report section.

Many thanks to all who turned up tonight and raised €400 for Goal!
Moire O'SullivanApr 19 2012, 9:54amGreat to see you all last night - good friends, lovely views from the course and grand banter in the pub afterwards. Good to know you can always come home and catch up with the IMRA lads! And thanks to Joan and Cormac for a classic team race... go team 11!
Mike JordanApr 19 2012, 10:22amAh yes...the combat roll - probably the most useless combat skill ever invented...all I'll say is you don't combat roll over the finish line unless you're having fun :)
Thanks for a very enjoyable relay last night...makes me think doing one of the longer relays might be a whole lot of fun...and go Team 7!!