Irish Mountain
Running Association

Scalp

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Vivian O'GormanApr 25 2013, 12:09amA note to let you know that Palmers will NOT be used for the prizegiving after this race as it is closed. I will let you all know shortly where the new venue will be.
Mick HanneyApr 25 2013, 7:51amSilver Tassie might be an option Vivian?
Brían O'MearaApr 26 2013, 9:55amThe Magic Carpet in Cornelscourt...
John CondonApr 26 2013, 10:38amHourse and Hound, Cabinteely
aidan roeApr 26 2013, 1:38pmcan I recommend Bardons in Killcullen
Eoin KeithApr 26 2013, 3:22pmI would have thought the Step Inn, or whatever its called, in Stepaside would have been handiest. Personally though I'd like to see Lamb Doyles get the business. They have a big carpark for car pooling, and they have been very supportive to IMRA (along with other sports groups). It's a bit further away though.
Ken CowleyApr 28 2013, 6:05amHi Vivian - would you have any use for one more non-running volunteer?
Vivian O'GormanApr 28 2013, 6:13pmHi Folks,

Race registration for this race will open at 6pm and close at 7.15pm sharp. There is a 2km uphill jog/walk to the race start so please give yourselves plenty of time to register and get to the start.

The fee for parking is 3 euro per car.

If,unfortunately,you are late and miss race registration please do NOT run in the race or on any part of the course. You won't be registered and won't have a race number.

Please pin your race number on the front of your running vest and don't have it covered up so it can't be seen!

The race consists of two loops. The Junior course is the first loop,cross the road into the forest and you will be directed to the finish line. Everybody else runs the two loops. It will all be marked.

Prizegiving afterwards will be in The Step Inn, Stepaside. We will be in the function room upstairs. Food is at your own discretion.

Car pooling from The Step Inn is NOT an option. The car park is small and they have a function on for the afternoon. I suggest you car pool from work or meet at the Luas in Dundrum or Sandyford.

Volunteers

If you all could be at the car park as close to 5.45pm as possible. No problem if some of you are later.

I only have a couple of your email addresses so if you want to send me yours send it to : swiftswallows@hotmail.com and I will send you on your race duties. If not I will post your duties up here tomorrow evening.

I still need two more non running volunteers and yes Ken I've put you on the list.
Stuart ScottApr 29 2013, 10:38amHi all,

I'd just like to encourage everyone, particularly new IMRA members, to use the carpool facility as much as possible. It's two days to the Scalp and there aren't any cars listed yet. Carpooling is a great way to get to know other runners, cuts down on congested parking facilities and for new members, there's a very high chance you'll pick up someone who (at least vaguely) knows where they're going.

For drivers, just register and log into MyIMRA (which is now available to anyone, even if you haven't run a race before), go to the race page and click 'Make your car available' in the carpool section.

For passengers, just click 'book' beside a suitable looking car and fill in the details. You don't even need to register for myIMRA.

I'm currently weighing up the relative merits of either driving and grappling with Fuse 11, or a Recovery Guinness but will make a decision soon as well!

Stuart.
James H CahillApr 29 2013, 11:27amTrying to add car to car pool, but getting an error message from the site. Have 3 spaces traveling from Greystones - Delgany - Kilmacanogue. Can pick up from Greystones Dart station
Vivian O'GormanApr 29 2013, 8:00pmI have either sent emails or texts to volunteers regarding duties on wednesday - so only two left:

Aisling Corkery - Collect money at registration and take down numbers at finish.

Ken Cowley - Hand out numbers at registration, road marshall during race and rebox race numbers afterwards.

Thanks to all volunteers although two more wouldn't go amiss!!
Angus TynerApr 29 2013, 11:03pmIs the route same as last year?
or is it reverting back to what is indicated on map?
Last year was anti clockwise around Barnaslingan
James ClancyApr 30 2013, 11:11amVivian,

I can do non running volunteer?

For some reason I can't login to myimra?

Many thanks,

James
Colum McKeownApr 30 2013, 11:26amHi,

Anyone leaving from Dublin city or Santry area with a free seat? Would be grateful for a lift,

Thanks
Colum
Justin ReaApr 30 2013, 12:15pmVivian, I've also put my name down for non-running volunteer.
Vivian O'GormanApr 30 2013, 1:11pmThanks Justin and James for volunteering.

Justin I have sent you an email.
James your duties are to hand out the race numbers at registration and rebox them at finish.

Angus this year its clockwise!
Aisling CorkeryApr 30 2013, 4:53pmHi Vivian,
I can do those jobs no problem :o) What time do you want me to be there at?

Thanks,
Aisling
Vivian O'GormanApr 30 2013, 5:19pmThanks Aisling if you can be there as close to 5.45pm as you can.
Vivian O'GormanApr 30 2013, 5:41pmDon't forget anybody who intends running on Wednesday evening and has purchased a Race Voucher bring a copy of the confirmation email with you.

Print it off and put it in your car NOW!!

When you arrive at the race registration just see me.
Brendan MurphyApr 30 2013, 8:20pmVivian, I am available as a running or non-running volunteer too. I couldn't get into myimra account. Brendan
Vivian O'GormanApr 30 2013, 9:07pmOk have you in Brendan - non running

John J BarryApr 30 2013, 10:42pmVivian,

Will you have somebody assigned to give me a hand entering details on the laptop?

Could be a busy evening and a hand reading really helps.
Vivian O'GormanApr 30 2013, 10:48pmYes John no problem - Brendan Murphy please be at race registration by 5.45pm - will talk to you then.
Eva FairmanerMay 1 2013, 8:16amVivian, I am free to give a hand this evening as I am injured so I will be out at 6.30pm or a bit beforehand and you can give me a nice job!
Aideen KeenanMay 1 2013, 11:41amHi colum, I'll be driving from Drumcondra / phibsboro if that suits. Give me a shout on oh ate six 0747916 if you still need a lift.
Warren SwordsMay 2 2013, 10:22amGreat race yesterday. Lovely evening for it. Thanks to the owners for the parking, that worked out really well.

My number was taken down incorrectly at the finish. It was recorded as 372
rather than the correct 172 for 8th spot.
Mick HanneyMay 2 2013, 10:27amThanks Vivian and team for a great event.
Well done Des who is looking unstoppable at the moment.
Barry MageeMay 2 2013, 10:29amHi folks

I registered online as a newbie yesterday and participated bin Scalp earlier but my time hasn't appeared in the published results anywhere - #1016. I signed in earlier, paid my €7 and was wearing my # but I'm guessing it's due to my new registration getting updated into the system.

Can you let me know if I'll get a race result or am I lost in space somewhere -)

BTW - had a ball and loved it all once I got over the shock of the pace!
Nigel CarrollMay 2 2013, 10:30amHi Vivian,

Great race really enjoyed a lovely evening.

My number was also taken down incorrectly, it is 186 and not incorrect 183. Think I am somewhere about 70th ish! overall. Thanks a mill and look forward to next week.

Thanks,
Nigel
John J BarryMay 2 2013, 10:57amBarry / '#1016.'

We had a '1015' recorded as a finisher but no name associated with it. I reckon that's your time.

Vivian O'GormanMay 2 2013, 1:27pmThank you to everybody for last night. We had a great crowd and a lovely evening.

The results will be updated with the corrections shortly.

Last night was our first race for race vouchers and online membership. It worked out quite well.

It was suggested afterwards that those who now have their race voucher get it stamped by the person collecting the entry fee. That would mean they would'nt have to chase somebody else to have it stamped. Then sign in and collect their number.

Also the Race Director would need a volunteer to give out the race numbers for the online membership runner and maybe even collect their entry fee and have them sign in at the same time. This would stop them having to join two or even three queues.

The system works. Its just a case of fine tuning and making race entry quicker and easier.

Somebody left a black Crivit sports longsleeved top at the race finish last night.I have it and will be at Tibradden next week. Also a pair of Columbia techlite runners with socks were left behind in Bray last week. Come and get 'em!
Barry MageeMay 2 2013, 4:40pmHi John

re #1016 (=1015)

Could be me alright given the circumstances. I was about 5 places behind a mate of mine JohnKelly71 (#443) who came in 171st. if your #1015 is in or around that spot guess it must be me -)

Thanks for the CSI work.

Barry
Niamh GarveyMay 2 2013, 8:36pmHi,
My race number is 372. I finished just behind Aidan Blighe in 30.35 so I should be in 62nd place. I did e-mail this last night but am not sure if it was received. I got a shock in The Step Inn when I was announced 2nd female (I was the 4th woman and was absolutely delighted with that!)Poor Emma Hand got her rightful 2nd prize and Becky Quinn; your 3rd female prize is with Vivian! A very enjoyable race but am still cringing to see my name temporarily in the top 10!
Richard NunanMay 2 2013, 8:51pmHi Vivian,

Thanks for the feedback, the cashier needs to have a puncher and the cards - but it needed a watchful eye for its first race appearance.

In terms of the Annual Registration -

One the person has proof of purchase they should pay their race fee and go to sign in and retrieve their number. Ther number should just be in a different pile. Hopefully it wont always require a dedicated volunteer.

Thanks for taking it on last-night - with some further improvements to come
Mick HanneyMay 3 2013, 12:47pmFantastic photos. Thanks John & co.
Eoin KeithMay 3 2013, 11:38pmI'd just like to second Mick's post. Some really super photos from Wednesday night. Well done to all the photographers. Much appreciated!
Rene BorgAug 2 2013, 9:25pmFinally a breather here, so very belated team results are up. More to come...