Irish Mountain
Running Association

Carrick Mountain

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Pól Ó MurchúMay 16 2013, 8:43pmHey Niamh, I've volunteered as First Aid for this race but equally happy to do Laptop if you need.
Niamh O'CeallaighMay 19 2013, 12:56amThanks Pol, I'll let you know closer to the time.
Niamh O'CeallaighMay 19 2013, 12:57amLots more volunteers required for this race. I need at least 4 more non running please.
Thanks
Thomas MooreMay 20 2013, 12:09amHey Niamh I could do volunteer for this race, I havent done any volunteer work as yet mind ya but have to start some where, if I can come in handy in anyway let me know cheers
Jean O'NeillMay 23 2013, 1:08pmHi Niamh, I can volunteer for this race. As I am car-less (stolen) I can get a bus to Ashford, then carpool from pub. I would prefer to be a running volunteer.
Niamh O'CeallaighMay 23 2013, 6:40pmRACE MARKER URGENTLY REQUIRED FOR CARRICK

Perhaps two people might like to do half each?
Niamh O'CeallaighMay 23 2013, 6:42pmHi Jean,
That would be great. Could somebody please offer Jean a lift from Ashford?
Alternatively, I will be heading over from Ashford but will be early - leaving Ashford at around 5.15.
Nicola CreanMay 24 2013, 9:12amDo you need anymore running volunteers do this race Niamh. If so I could collect Jean from Ashford on the way up?
Damien McParlandMay 24 2013, 9:43amHi Niamh,

I have put myself down as a non running helper for the race next week. This is the first time I have volunteered. What time would you like us to be there at? I could also pick up Jean on my way.

Damien
Stephen WatersMay 24 2013, 10:15amHi Niamh
Apologies for late notice but I have had to pull out from volunteering as I won't be able to make this race. Hope the race goes well for you.
Stephen
Niamh O'CeallaighMay 24 2013, 5:47pmThat's grand Stephen. Thanks for letting me know.

Nicola - thanks for volunteering. I have put you down as running volunteer.

Thanks Damien, Would be great if you could make it down for 6.30. Thanks.
Niamh O'CeallaighMay 24 2013, 5:50pmThanks to all those who have volunteered. I have enough non running volunteers now. A couple of extra running volunteers would come in handy.

I still need a race marker. There are a lot of junctions on this route so would be great if two people could share the role.
Mick HanneyMay 24 2013, 6:39pmHi,

I could be mistaken but I'm not sure if the map is a 100% accurate view of the route ran last year. If someone who ran it last year can put up a link to their garmin track I can furnish an up-to-date map which will be useful to any markers.

Ideally if someone who ran it last year can come forward as they'll be familiar with the lie of the land.

Regards,

Mick
Damian CroninMay 26 2013, 3:58pmHi Niamh,

Do you still need a running volunteer for this race?
Alan AylingMay 26 2013, 8:51pmI've put myself down as race marker. Anyone know the current whereabouts of the marking kit?
Ben MooneyMay 26 2013, 10:07pmWill run and help.
Rosalind HusseyMay 27 2013, 10:46amHi Alan, I'd verbally offered to mark the race, so would you be interested in splitting the task?
Brendan PollardMay 27 2013, 12:37pmFolks,

I live near Charlestown close to the M50 exit of Finglas. Anyone near here heading to race.

I could in theory get to slip road if someone could kindly come down exit slip to just head straight back up onto M50.

thanks,

Bren
Jean O'NeillMay 27 2013, 1:26pmI will check possiblearrival timesin Ashford-what time would suit someone picking me up? It will be tomorrow Tuesday night before I can check as I will be away.
Rob LeeMay 27 2013, 1:30pmHey,

I'm thinking of cycling from Donneybrook, racing and then cycling back. (45k each way cycle).

If I finish work at 5 and am straight out on the bike, I think I should make registration close at 7:15...

First question, can I lock my bike somewhere safe? Second question, can I pay to enter when I arrive?

Thanks,

Rob
Nicola CreanMay 27 2013, 7:35pmNiamh, FYI I have changed to non running volunteer.

Jean, I'm happy to pick you up. If easier to get to Greystones, will be leaving here about 6 or will be in Ashford by 6.20 and can collect you there. Whichever is easiest. If Greystones will meet you outside Dart station at 6 and if Ashford will meet you outside Chester Beatty's at 6.20. Black VW Touran! Let me know which suits and see you then.

Nicola
Danny WallMay 27 2013, 8:01pmCan anyone who took part last year confirm if the route is all on trails or does it leave the trails and pass through rough mountain terrain.
Thanks .
derek kellettMay 27 2013, 8:15pmBren, I'll be heading from Ashbourne via Finglas if you want a lift.

Derek Kellett 087 1466292
Niamh O'CeallaighMay 27 2013, 10:27pmHi Rob,

1. You could either lock your bike to a lamp post in the village or cycle it up to the start line where there will be people about for the duration of the race.

2. Yeah, you can register and pay on the night.

Regards,
Niamh
Niamh O'CeallaighMay 27 2013, 10:29pmHi Danny,
The route is all on trails. Much of the route is on fire roads with some of it on rough steepish trails. They are clay with some stoney bits underfoot.
Niamh
Thomas MooreMay 28 2013, 8:53pmSorry not sure if you need me to volunteer wed eve , if so let me know by the morning ,thanks Niamh.
Tim ChapmanMay 28 2013, 9:49pmAnyone heading from town,blackrock monkstown area who I could get a lift with.
Cheers
Tim
Cormac O'CeallaighMay 28 2013, 10:37pmHi Thomas,
Sorry I missed your earlier post. I have plenty of non running volunteers at this stage, but if you would like to run the race, your help would be appreciated before and after the race.
Thanks,
Niamh
Niamh O'CeallaighMay 28 2013, 10:38pmSorry Thomas... that was me posting the last post!
Jean O'NeillMay 28 2013, 11:52pmHi Nicola-I will go to Greystones by Dart. One arrives-should!- at 17.50. My mobile number is 086 oh five five 9 5 oh nine. Thanks!
Alan AylingMay 28 2013, 11:56pmRegarding the route... exactly as per last year. Loop is run anticlockwise. There is ONE small change from the map shown on the event page - about 2/3 of the way around the main loop, due north of the blue-coloured 93 grid marking on the map, the route will not turn 90 degrees left as shown on the map, but will keep going straight down the hill to the fire road junction. The turn to the left which we're omitting is now overgrown with shin-removing gorse.

JUNIOR route will go straight down the hill at the halfway point of the loop, i.e. at the 300 m contour on the map, rejoining the main route at the big junction (250 m contour).

While most of the route is on very runnable fire roads and good tracks, some tracks are a bit rough, in particular the descent from the 250 m contour is _very_ fast - great fun but please take care.

Route will be marked with tape clearly visible at junctions, but between junctions (where there are no options to go anywhere other than follow the trail), there may not be markings for some distance. If you see markings on the left, expect the course to turn left, likewise markings on the right, expect to be turning right. Please, please keep a watchful eye out for the tapes - it's a big forest to get lost in... last time we lost someone in there his frozen remains were found by hikers the following spring... ;-)
Pól Ó MurchúMay 29 2013, 7:02amHey, I've added my car to the carpool. I'll be leaving Ballsbridge (parked in RDS) about 17:30. If you are looking for a seat please text me on 087-1262850. Please note I won't be coming back this way but happy to drop you to a Luas stop or bus stop close to motorway on the way home. If this suits let me know.
Pól Ó MurchúMay 29 2013, 7:02amHey, I've added my car to the carpool. I'll be leaving Ballsbridge (parked in RDS) about 17:30. If you are looking for a seat please text me on 087-1262850. Please note I won't be coming back this way but happy to drop you to a Luas stop or bus stop close to motorway on the way home. If this suits let me know.
Mick HanneyMay 29 2013, 10:33pmSmashing event tonight. First class organisation by Niamh & team. Thanks all. And what is Eoin Keith like. 2nd tonight after the Wicklow way record run on Saturday. I've no words... :-)
Nicola CreanMay 29 2013, 11:03pmLeft my brown Bolle sunglasses in the pub tonight. Just called and they're not there now! Hoping someone might have picked them up for me, fingers crossed. Let me know if they show up, thanks.

Nicola
Pól Ó MurchúMay 30 2013, 12:11amHi Nicola, I found them when we were leaving and gave then to Andreas Kutsch. He is Race Director next week. I was just about to post a comment on here.
John CondonMay 30 2013, 9:46amThank you Niamh and crew for a very well organised event last night. Much appreciated.
Stuart WallaceMay 30 2013, 10:46amHi guys,
Anyone have the route in .gpx format or equivalent?
Thanks!
Brendan LawlorMay 30 2013, 10:52amStuart

Garmin track of last nights route

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/319993678
Stuart WallaceMay 30 2013, 11:09amPerfect, thanks!
Nicola CreanMay 30 2013, 9:55pmThat's great news Pol, thanks for that. Will get them from him next week.
James H CahillMay 31 2013, 10:00amGreat event on Carrick Mountain, thank you to Niamh and all the volunteers for organising it so well
Rene BorgAug 2 2013, 9:59pmTeam results are up.