Irish Mountain
Running Association

Scarr

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Aidan O'DonoghueMay 23 2013, 3:06pmCan volunteer for this if I can get a lift with someone, am in Ranelagh but could meet anywhere in city. Did not click 'volunteer' link as not sure yet how I can make my way there. my email is aodonoghue@gmail.com
Vivian O'GormanMay 23 2013, 5:47pmHi Aidan,

I live in Rathmines so can meet you in Ranelagh. Give me a call 0874150398.
Brendan LawlorMay 24 2013, 1:35pmRACE DIRECTOR still needed for Scarr - I will help as Deputy so half the work done for you already!

As is often the case at IMRA races, car parking is limited for this event. Please car pool if possible either from town or from the prizegiving pub (Coach House in Roundwood).

We have secured parking in a field beside the race start for which a small charge will be made in inverse proportion to number in the car -> more people = lower charge :-)!

All monies collected will be donated to a charity (Mountain Rescue) as per the landowners (Brian and Nicky Gaffney) choice.

To encourage and reward car pooling we will charge as follows- charge per car :-)

Cars with 1 person = €5
Cars with 2 people = €4
Cars with 3 people = €3
Cars with 4 or more = €2

Please park following the marshals' instructions.
Richard NunanMay 28 2013, 3:37pmHi Folks,

RACE DIRECTOR, Laptop Operator and Marker still required for SCARR

Don't forget, 2 Non-Running Volunteer roles required along with 7 Summer League races required to qualify for the end of League Prize.
Brendan LawlorMay 30 2013, 9:26amAndreas Kusch is Race Director for next Wednesday. Just need a laptop operator now
Turlough ConwayMay 30 2013, 4:09pmIll do laptop
Turlough ConwayMay 30 2013, 4:27pmIll do laptop
Aidan O'DonoghueJun 1 2013, 1:21pmWell I'm not fit to run Wednesday now so can switch from running to non-running helper
Brian LeddinJun 4 2013, 12:07am
Just wondering if anyone is driving from Leixlip direction to the race, and could they give me a lift. Happy to make a contribution towards petrol. Thanks :)
David RouseJun 4 2013, 11:43amTwo spaces available from Donnybrook Church @6pm.

Email me daverouse at gmail dot com.
Gareth LittleJun 4 2013, 12:09pm
Hi Andreas, if you need another first aider I am happy to stick my name down. Let me know. Thx, Gareth
Gareth LittleJun 4 2013, 12:10pm
Or any other non running role for that matter...
Brendan LawlorJun 4 2013, 12:24pmHi

We have enough volunteers now after Gareth's offer - Gerry is looking for help with the Trial on June 15th and several other Wednesday races also looking for help. Thanks all

Andreas will issue final instructions later
Stuart WallaceJun 4 2013, 2:43pmBrian,
I will be leaving Leixlip from Collinstown at 6pm if you still require a lift.
I won't be coming back this direction though.
Stuart
Amanda AndersonJun 4 2013, 3:28pmHi there. Help please. I am relatively new IMRA, I just ran my first race with you at Bray Head. I would like to run Scarr tomorrow night but wonder what the story is regarding car-pooling. I just don't know anyone yet, to arrange to pool with. Is there a system in place at the Coachhouse or do friends just pool with friends? Thanks Amanda
Amanda AndersonJun 4 2013, 3:45pmHi there. Help please. I am relatively new IMRA, I just ran my first race with you at Bray Head. I would like to run Scarr tomorrow night but wonder what the story is regarding car-pooling. I just don't know anyone yet, to arrange to pool with. Is there a system in place at the Coachhouse or do friends just pool with friends? Thanks Amanda
Brendan LawlorJun 4 2013, 4:01pmAmanda

You can either put your car up on the carpooling section or just call to the Coachhouse on your way to the race. You will see a few others either looking for lifts or looking for passengers
Amanda AndersonJun 4 2013, 6:45pmGreat, thanks Brendan. I'll head for the Coachhouse so and work from there.
Brian LeddinJun 4 2013, 6:48pmhi Stuart,

I'm working in Intel. You might be going out that way on your way to the race? I can be there at 6pm no problem. Otherwise, let me know where Collinstown is and I can make my way there. I won't need a lift back. Many thanks.

Brian

Stuart WallaceJun 4 2013, 7:09pmBrian,
I'm there also. How about outside the IR2 entrance, at the gym, at 6 then?
Stuart
David RouseJun 4 2013, 8:03pmOne space from Donnybrook remains free.
Brendan LawlorJun 4 2013, 8:51pmEARLY START

Early start will be available at 7.10pm, ONLY for people who expect to have a finishing time greater than 170% of winning time

CARPOOLING

As ever single occupancy cars are discouraged so please save yourself some money by sharing a lift from Dublin, Glencormac Inn or Roundwood. See Carparking arrangements earlier in the thread

VOLUNTEERS

Can all volunteers be at registration by 6pm if possible. Duties will be handed out by Andreas on the night

GENERAL

No headphones, please wear your number on the front of your shirt, print your name clearly on the sign in sheet and don't run through the finish line if you haven't registered

Andreas, I'll see you there at 5.30 or so

Brendan (oh87 24three279ate)
David RouseJun 4 2013, 9:00pmSpaces filled.
Andreas KuschJun 4 2013, 9:56pmThanks, Brendan,

You beat me to it. Should be a lovely day for bit of a run. The job of summit marshal is up for grabs if somebody fancies the view.
Brian LeddinJun 4 2013, 10:02pmThanks Stuart. That would be great. I'll be outside the IR2 entrance at 6pm. If, for whatever reason, your plans change, please call me at 0857202004 or email at brianleddin@gmail.com. See you there.

Brian
Brian LeddinJun 4 2013, 10:27pmThanks Stuart. That would be great. I'll be outside the IR2 entrance at 6pm. If, for whatever reason, your plans change, please call me at 0857202004 or email at brianleddin@gmail.com. See you there.

Brian
Hugh CostelloJun 4 2013, 11:13pmHi, is there any lift going for one person from anywhere in the Dublin city area for the Scarr run tomorrow?
Thanks! -Hugh
Derek McHughJun 5 2013, 10:01amIf anyone is going from around Donnybrook/N11 junction or nearby and has space I'd take a lift?

Thanks,
Derek
Jim FitzharrisJun 5 2013, 12:45pmDerek,

I work close to there but would have to leave the office to go via home (it is on the way to Scarr) to change, organise gear, etc.

What is the earliest time that you can be available?

Also, I could not run you back to town but it is usually much easier to get a lift FROM a race rather than TO a race !

Cheers,

Jim.
brian mcguckinJun 5 2013, 3:07pmgot a couple of spaces for scarr leaving kimmage about 6.
Angela FlynnJun 5 2013, 4:44pmcan I volunteer
Fabio ScaliciJun 5 2013, 5:45pmHey,
1st timer. Can I register with IMRA at the event in Scarr? PS I'll be leaving from Bray if anyone wants a lift.
Fabio ScaliciJun 5 2013, 6:05pmHey,
1st timer. Can I register with IMRA at the event in Scarr? PS I'll be leaving from Bray if anyone wants a lift.
John J BarryJun 5 2013, 11:51pmGreat run this evening. Great route. Well done to all the volunteers.

I'm impressed with the speed of the results going live.

Alas my own result was missed. My time was 49.50.
John J BarryJun 5 2013, 11:51pmGreat run this evening. Great route. Well done to all the volunteers.

I'm impressed with the speed of the results going live.

Alas my own result was missed. My time was 49.50.
Andreas KuschJun 6 2013, 9:46amThanks to all volunteers who helped out last night. A special mention has to go to Jenny McCauley and Turlough Conway who kept the laptop going despite a few glitches.

Run of the day has to go to Kate Cronin. Due to some magic training regime she is now a regular in the top ten. In glorious conditions she also set a new course record!
Turlough ConwayJun 6 2013, 10:29amWell done to Andreas on stepping in for a very smooth directing of the race, great stuff.
I made a big error in registration last night. Thanks to Jenny for stepping in with a cool head after her car marshalling duties and putting in a few hours hard work to make sure that everything was sorted for prize giving and results. This meant she ended up going home hours later than planned, so another example of a regular volunteer going above and beyond the call of duty to keep the show on the road. Well done to all the volunteers, the guy calling the race numbers was super and particularly Brendan Lawlor who is a great servant to IMRA.
Anyone not racing please try to step forward to volunteer, its good to help out.
Mick WorrellJun 6 2013, 11:14amHi,
Last night I mistakenly run with wrong number!!. It should have been 954, and I ran under 952. Apologies to Race officials and Clare Baily(952)
Can the result be changed at this late stage?

mick worrell.
Brendan LawlorJun 10 2013, 11:36amThere was €288 collected at the car park at Scarr. As requested by Nicky and Brian Gaffney this money has been donated to the two Mountain Rescue teams operating in the Dublin and Wicklow mountains. Thank you to all
Rene BorgAug 2 2013, 10:12pmTeam results up. Last of the evening!