Irish Mountain
Running Association

The Sugar Bowl - BBQ

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Brendan LawlorJul 2 2013, 12:28pmCan Elaine O'Brien Lawlor be added as a non running, end of league prize grabbing volunteer for this race please ?
Brendan LawlorJul 2 2013, 12:32pmI've been getting marriage guidance advice from Robert Malseed ;) !!
Like ButtonJul 2 2013, 6:38pmThere should be a like button for comments like that Brendan! :-)
John McCannJul 4 2013, 12:18amCan you add me as a running volunteer for the sugarloaf please...having some technical issues. Thanks
Richard NunanJul 8 2013, 11:57amConnor and Justin have been doing this so long now people are probably taking it for granted they will do their great Job again !!Lucky for us!! They are!!

The Summer is here and the BBQ will take place on the 17th of July. So please support Conor o Mara and Justin o Keeffe on their quest for Volunteers, Salads and probably a sneaky cake or two there also.

On the night we will also be doing Prize Giving for the following events

Sugar Bowl Race -
Winter League -
Wicklow Round -
End of League Sur-Prizes -

This is a great event so lets hope we get the same weather next week adn look forward to seeing you all there.

Maike JürgensJul 8 2013, 12:35pmI can volunteer to bring a cake or biscuits. Will i just bring it along or do i need to tell someone beforehand?
Justin O'KeeffeJul 8 2013, 2:44pmThanks Maike , sounds great- we're just getting started on organising the food for the BBQ - will be putting out a call for salads & deserts shortly
- thanks Justin & Conor
Richard NunanJul 9 2013, 10:22amA note from the Swedish Chefs, Conor and Justin.

The Leinster League IMRA BBQ will be immediately after the SugarBowl race on July 17th at the Glencormac Inn.

IMRA provides all meat, burger buns, condiments and a vegetarian option. To help support the event, we need as many members as possible to bring along a salad or dessert to feed the masses. There is a nominal charge of 4 Euro per person which is waived for anybody who brings a salad.
Laura FlannellyJul 9 2013, 10:34amHello there

Please let me know when a list goes out re salad/desserts.
Will bring along some baked goodies.

Laura
Emma HandJul 9 2013, 11:57amHi Richerd,
I've requested to volunteer at the sugar bowl race. I'm a sports massage therapist so I was going to suggest that I can bring my couch along and do pre and post-event massage if you like?
You can contact me on 0876849235.
Thanks,
Emma Hand
henny brandsmaJul 10 2013, 1:42pmIf help is needed,either for the race or bbq,let me know and i am glad to give va hand.
Cheers Henny.
Cotact by mob.087-7604825 or e-mail:hennybrandsma@yahoo.ie
ELAINE O BRIEN LAWLORJul 11 2013, 12:24amConfirming my availability to volunteer at sugar loaf.
Richard NunanJul 11 2013, 8:56amElaine you have been added as a Volunteer

Thanks !!
Laura SchwirzJul 11 2013, 1:01pmCould I please be accepted as a volunteer for this race?

Many thanks,
Laura
Jesko ZimmermannJul 11 2013, 2:30pmSame for me please?

Thanks,
Jesko
Odhran HendleyJul 12 2013, 8:34pmHi Richard,

Just in case your looking for the marking gear I picked it up from Derek on Wednesday and I have it in my boot. Not sure if i got it all but have 2 rolls of tape and some other bits.

I'll be checking out the route over the weekend and i'll sort out the items I have and see if i'll need anything extra for wednesday.

Odhran
Eva FairmanerJul 13 2013, 2:58pmI am making Cheese and Herb Sausages (or if you are posh...Glamorgan Sausages) but would like to know how many people roughly I will cater for? They will be cooked on a separate BBQ than the meat ones too!
Jilll WalkerJul 14 2013, 8:32pmCould someone please tell me where the race starts from? Thanks.
Richard NunanJul 14 2013, 8:35pmRace start is at the Telegraph Pole before the GAA Club entrance on the road.
Daniela BoehmJul 15 2013, 8:32amHi Eva,
I would love one of your sausages!!! Have very fond memories of them from last year:) thanks a mil, Daniela
Bronagh CheethamJul 15 2013, 10:28amMe too please Eva..sounds yum!
Maike JürgensJul 15 2013, 12:35pmveggie sausages sound great - i would love one (some? :) ), too, please!
Kevin O'RiordanJul 15 2013, 12:37pmCan you put me down as well, Eva? Thanks!
Colin DoyleJul 15 2013, 4:04pmI'd love one of those sausages aswell, thanks
Miles NewmanJul 15 2013, 6:18pmPut me down for a veggie sausage if there are spare please. thanks.
Richard NunanJul 16 2013, 9:03am*************************** Further Race Information ************************

Route
-------

This is a pretty long technical 6km. It is wet, very rocky, there are boulders and multiple single track paths where you will not be able to over take. Especially the last 1 km of the descent. The growth is not too bad (ran it tonight)but muddy. We will be going with the same route as last year. So you will be ascending on the right and keeping on your right descending from the peak. We will have 4 marshals on the course. Race start at GAA and Finish under the Barrier.

Volunteers
-----------
We have more than enough Volunteers for tomorrow night - Volunteers should show up at 6:00pm at the Glencormac Inn.

BBQ Volunteers - Please see Justin and Conor in the Car Park

Justin OKeeffe
Conor OMeara
Nicola Neve / Crean
Cathal Kearney
Dermot Murphy
Paula Keohan
Eva Fairmaner
Laura Schwirz
Mikey Fry
Elaine O Brien Lawlor
Emma Hand
Justin O Connor

All others come to me and you will be assigned roles on the night.

Transport
-----------

The Race is served by Dublin Transport

There is a bus, number 84X, leaving Eden Quay at 17:30 that will get you to the event on time.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/84x/

Note that there are two 84X's leaving at the same time - it is the one heading for Newtownmountkennedy that you need to get.

Carpool
-----------
Please Carpool - no access to Glencormac Inn carpark to single occupied cars who are attending the Race.

Registration
-------------

Closes at 7:15 SHARP

End of League Prize will be given out adjacent to registration

NO EARLY STARTS
-----------------
Richard NunanJul 16 2013, 9:04amPlease ignore the route description - I will update that tonight - its far from wet and very overgrown currently - will fix some of that later.
John CondonJul 16 2013, 9:33amRichard,

I have the money float (€50 in €1/€2). I'll be there for 6pm.

Regards,
John
Jill WalkerJul 16 2013, 1:35pmDo we park at the Glencormac Inn or at the GAA club? If the GAA club, would someone mind letting me know where it is? Thanks
Richard NunanJul 16 2013, 2:31pmAs per the earlier post

"Volunteers should show up at 6:00pm at the Glencormac Inn.

BBQ Volunteers - Please see Justin and Conor in the Car Park"
Richard NunanJul 16 2013, 10:16pmRoute Update.Dry, rocky, and sandy. Oran has done an incredible job beating back the ferns tonight.

Narrow on the final descent.

Please don't park outside he GAA like last year. This is part of the route as we will be taking a sharp right just before we hit the road and crossing this area. Finish is under the rusty barrier that you pass on the way out.

Start will be 500meters approx before the GAA entrance. It's going to be a warm one!!!

Maike JürgensJul 16 2013, 11:32pmi just made a gluten/nut free chocolate cake - watch out for it if you are allergic to either!
John ColemanJul 17 2013, 2:37pmI won't be able to make the race or BBQ tonight so was wondering what are the options for collecting end of league prizes??
Richard KieranJul 17 2013, 11:28pmThanks to all the volunteers and helpers for a great race and BBQ - the IMRA spirit at it's best!
Paul CullenJul 17 2013, 11:46pmThanks to all for a great race and feed tonight. I left behind a black and white singlet in the car park in case anyone comes across it.
Laura FlannellyJul 18 2013, 9:07amThanks for a great finish to the Wednesday league. We couldn't have asked for a better night! My first year at the BBQ and really enjoyed it.
Could whoever made those lovely nutty bars please tell me the secret recipe? They were absolutely divine.

Thanks,
Laura
John CondonJul 18 2013, 9:31amBig thanks to Justin, Conor and the rest of the BBQ Crew last night. The grub was yum.

@Laura, think those were mine. Drop me a mail at jcondon72 at gmail.com and I'll send you the recipe.

John
Dermot MurphyJul 18 2013, 10:14amQuick note on the results - Martin McDonald was 5th - race number 2691. I think he must of got a new number in error - 1245 - on the night and also under an incorrect name, which is probably why it was not picked up - Martin McDonagh on the results.
Gerard KeatingJul 18 2013, 11:11amHi, I see my result for last nights run but I don't see my name down in the over all league standings? I have completed the 7 races.

/Ger
Paul NolanJul 18 2013, 11:28amJust want to thank all the organisers for making last night happen. And to belatedly thank Adrian White for his curiosity on the final narrow run to the finish.
James H CahillJul 18 2013, 11:38amThank you to all the volunteers - race and BBQ, for last night. The food was delicious and the BBQ great fun. Thank you to the daring explorers who cut the routes through the ferny jungle to make the race possible.
Paul NolanJul 18 2013, 11:42amCourtesy not curiosity. Feckin spell checker.
Feilim BorlandJul 18 2013, 1:29pmThanks John Condon and Colin Doyle for the first aid on my elbow. Doctor said it was cleaned up nicely. Gave me a nice little band aid and sent me on my way :-)
colin doyleJul 18 2013, 1:36pmYour more than welcome Feilim, I think you get the award of "wound of the league" I've never seen so much blood from a small puncture.. Brian O Murchu mentioned to me that he actually followed the blood spots down the mountain so thanks for the extra marking.
Jeff SwordsJul 18 2013, 2:00pmJohn Shiels had asked me if the blood tracks were mine at the BBQ after I went head over heels in front of him, must have been a fair bit.
Brendan LawlorJul 18 2013, 4:59pmGreat finish off to this years league - thank you Richard and all volunteers.

And superb job on the BBQ Justin and Conor and all your merry volunteers - the salad lady from Roundwood was especially nice to me (Robert Malseed take note!)
Mick HanneyJul 18 2013, 9:30pmWonderful event last evening, thanks all.

Super photos uploaded. John - you have outdone yourself! The IMRA yearbook could comprise just Sugarloaf snaps at this rate.
Justin O'KeeffeJul 18 2013, 9:46pmSincere thanks to all the BBQ volunteers for running a great evening under pressure - they might go pro next year!

Thanks to John Ahern for the sponsorship from Big Als (Kepak Group) for helping us keep the cost down. Finally - the range of salads & deserts brought along were simply outstanding, thank so much to all who brought those along, it made for a lovely evening.

Anyone got the recipe for the sweet potato salad & dressing?
Aideen KeenanJul 19 2013, 4:59pmWell blow me down, someone wants the sweet potato salad recipe. And I was worried that the vast amount of onion would render it inedible! Theoretically it came from the BBC Good Food website http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2303651/sweet-potato-salad , but I fiddled about with the dressing and included a lot more honey than recommended and threw in a ton of fresh mint to offset the onion. So it was good then? Didn't even get to sample it myself.
Oh and by the by, thanks for a great first season IMRA - I am well and truly hooked. My first volunteering post begins next week, so let's hope I'm still as enthusiastic after I get the behind the scenes, as it were.
Brian O MurchuJul 20 2013, 12:03amNon-race report up!
Warren SwordsJul 20 2013, 11:17amCheers to everyone for Wednesday. Great race and BBQ. Some very tasty food on offer, particularly the cakes.

Maike JürgensJul 23 2013, 10:39amthanks everyone for organising, Eva, the Cheese and Herb Sausages you made were fantastic, any chance i can get the recipe of you?
Rene BorgAug 10 2013, 10:14pmTeam results are up.