Irish Mountain
Running Association

Mountain Rescue Benefit Race

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Gareth LittleAug 1 2013, 10:16amHi all, we are ok for volunteers now. I will mail the current volunteers in a few weeks with more info. Thanks

Karl HeartyAug 15 2013, 11:49amHi,

Just wondering where is the start area for the race. I have not run IMRA before as I would like a change from marathons/BHAA/Parkruns. Any info much appreciated.
Mike JordanAug 15 2013, 1:07pmStart and registration is Ticknock forest carpark.
Route shown in MAPS section of events page.
All welcome so tell your friends!!

http://www.dublinmountains.ie/index.php?id=135
Gareth LittleAug 19 2013, 10:40am
Here are the final details for the race on Wednesday:

The race route is quite straight forward so it's ideal for anyone who has not done much trail running before. The course is surprisingly dry too and will be well marked so no chance of getting lost!

The race fee is €10 with all proceeds going to the two MR teams. There will be no registration fee for any first time runners. Sponsorship cards are available for download from the event details page should anyone like to raise extra money.

We will not be accepting race vouchers.

Both the Dublin & Wicklow and the Glen of Imaall mountain rescue teams will be on hand for anyone that should take a tumble so you are well covered in that department.

We will have some team vehicles there on the night if you would like a look around them and ask any questions.

The race starts at 19:30 sharp and there will be no early starts as the course is nice and short. Race start is Ticknock car park.

Prize giving will be at Lamb Doyle’s after the race and spot prizes will be handed out then.

Any questions just give me a shout on o879573216 or garethlittle at dwmrt.ie

I hope to see you all on Wednesday for the last of the evening races of 2013.

Thanks,

Gareth Little - Race Director

Aideen KeenanAug 19 2013, 10:43amHi there, I'm going to invite a few friends to this race that haven't done any IMRA events before. No guarantee that they'll come but just in case - you say the registration fee has been waived. Does that mean they don't pay for the race at all, or that the yearly sub of 10 euro has been waived but they still pay usual 7 euro for the race? Will they get a number as usual?
Aideen KeenanAug 19 2013, 10:44amObviously we posted at the same time. All my questions have been cleared up cheers!
Jim FitzharrisAug 19 2013, 9:47pmGareth & John,

I have the laptop.

I do not plan on running this race but can certainly drop the laptop to the start on Wednesday evening.

What time would suit?

The laptop will be fully charged and I will ensure that there is a good supply of the necessary forms with it.

After Wednesday, I do not want to see the laptop for a while ..... it has been closer to me than a child's teddy bear for the last few days!

Cheers,

Jim.
Gareth LittleAug 20 2013, 12:45pm
Hi Jim, I would be very greatful if you could bring the laptop up to us for around 6pm? Cheers, Gareth
Gareth LittleAug 20 2013, 12:55pm
I just sent a mail to the volunteers with email addresses listed. Those that did not receive anything please contact me otherwise see you all at 6pm. Thx
David Kelly70Aug 21 2013, 1:48pm
I will be leaving from Castleknock at around 6pm if anyone needs a lift.

Thanks,

Dave.

David Kelly70Aug 21 2013, 1:49pm

Thanks,

Dave. oh 87 six 47 six 819

David Kelly70Aug 21 2013, 1:58pm

Thanks,

Dave. oh 87 six 47 six 819

Gareth LittleAug 22 2013, 10:07pm
Folks, just want to say a huge thank you on behalf of the two MR teams for helping make last night a success. We raised about €1,400 for the two teams which is gratefully appreciated.

I hope to have the results up very soon too.

Thanks again from all at DWMRT & GOIMRT
Alan AylingAug 22 2013, 10:49pmNice one Gareth, very enjoyable race last night, good back-to-basics type route, I like that. Well marshalled too.
Robert CostelloAug 23 2013, 11:06amCaoimhin, here's my email address robbicosta at gmail dot com.

Cheers,
Rob
James ClancyAug 23 2013, 3:13pmFantastic race on Wednesday, a great race to finish the Wednesdays evenings though the Summer/Autumn. Thanks to Gareth and Volunteers/Mountain Rescue. A special shout out and thanks to Martin Francis and his supportive chants/banter!!! Also I hope anyone who may have got injured in the race, and got great support from the mountain rescue on hand recover quickly.
Ger O'FlynnAug 23 2013, 5:03pmA huge thank you to the volunteers and mountain rescue who came to my aid and brought me down to the car park after I twisted both ankles in a fall coming down the bone-shaker on Wednesday night. Your assistance and support was very much appreciated. After a lot of ice, elevation and tlc I'm back on my feet walking around and making a speedy recovery. Once again, thanks guys!
Sylvia NolanAug 25 2013, 2:19amHi Gareth just wondering if you could figure out some results for me I don't seem to appear in listing. I only registered first time that night my bib number was 1348. Thanks a million! Enjoyed race hope to do another one soon.
Maike JürgensAug 25 2013, 4:59pmsorry to bother you with results issue but my friend (Matti Turtola, 1336) ran as well and is not listed in the results. Not sure when he finished but was quite a bit ahead of me. Thanks.
James HigginsAug 25 2013, 10:29pmHi, Ross MacMathuna and Jane McCarthy are also missing from the results. I don't have their race numbers but both are new runners and registered around the same time as Deirdre Farrell (No 1441).
Paul WebbAug 26 2013, 12:46pmHiya, I also notice 2 missing results. Paul Webb (No 1454) and Maria O'Boyle (No 1455) registered for our first IMRA that night and finished close to the end but our results are missing too. Cheers, Paul.
Gareth LittleAug 27 2013, 9:42am
Hi all, we are looking into this and will update soon, thx
Paul WebbSep 6 2013, 10:30amHi Gareth, cheers for taking a look. I'm delighted to see me listed in the results now :D
I was just wondering if there is any other location that pictures are usually uploaded (or should it be under the Photo tab) ? I remember a few people taking photos and would love to take a look.

Thanks again, Paul.
James H CahillSep 6 2013, 1:00pmHi Paul there are lots of pictures of this race on the Action Photography website: http://actionphotography.ie/event_cat/imra-mountain-rescue-benfit-run-2013/
Gareth LittleSep 6 2013, 1:01pm
Hi Pual, you can see the pics here - http://actionphotography.ie/event_cat/imra-mountain-rescue-benfit-run-2013/

Thanks a lot - Gareth
David PowerApr 20 2020, 8:33am7 years late - my race report from 2013. Submitted as part of Writing Competition for favourite IMRA memory.