Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Brendan LawlorAug 1 2013, 9:11am
Peter Cannon to do laptop

John Bell to mark

Niamh Hartnett to demark

Paul Nolan for First Aid

Could others please volunteer again - we lost a few when the event was updated
Jill WalkerAug 2 2013, 1:17amMyself (110) and pauline Cleary (111) would like to volunteer as non runners
Brian FennessyAug 2 2013, 7:57pmHi brendan john bell wont make it that evening so im happy to mark the course for youif you like. Cheers brian.
Brian FennessyAug 2 2013, 8:03pmHi brendan john bell wont make it that evening so im happy to mark the course for youif you like. Cheers brian.
John BellAug 3 2013, 1:46pmHi Brendan,

Unfortunately I won't be able to make Wednesday as something has come up at work. Brian Fennessy has offer to replace me as race marker.

Thanks

John
Keith McBeanAug 5 2013, 10:42pmI've just returned from living abroad and wondered if I could run the Glen of the Downs race on 7 August. In the circumstances, could I just register for this race as its hardly worth registering for what's left of the 2013 season?
Many thanks for any advice.
Regards,
Keith McBean
Kevin O'RiordanAug 5 2013, 10:43pmNo problems at all doing the race. Afraid the only race where the registration fee is normally waived is the AGM race. It's only €10 to register anyway.
Keith McBeanAug 5 2013, 10:53pmMany thanks to Kevin for the quick reply and that's no problem,
Brendan LawlorAug 6 2013, 9:40amHi

I need two or three more volunteers for tomorrow's race, particularly non runners to do some marshalling on the course
John BellAug 6 2013, 10:01amIf somebody wants to try out one of these trail runs, having not run with IMRA before do they have to pay the full registration fee €10 and race fee €7? Or is there a discount given as there are only a few races (2 trail) left this year?
Brendan LawlorAug 6 2013, 11:12amThank you Richard, Rachel and Sean - I'm fine for help now

Can all volunteers please try to be at race registration area by 6.15pm.

Please carpool from the Glencormac Inn as parking along the road is limited enough. Please be careful of traffic on what can be a busy road and please respect any locals using the lane up to the forest

Early start (7.10pm) may be facilitated for over 180% runners
Jan SaundersAug 6 2013, 11:44amHello! I'm an Australian visitor just houseminding in Aughrim until the 21st of August and would love to come along and run in this event tomorrow night! And meet some of the Irish running community :)

Is this possible and if so may I just turn up an hour or so before and enter? I am merely a social trail runner in my country but training for an ultra in costa rica in February so I really enjoy discovering some new trail in new countries and if possible pick the brains of more experienced mountain and trail runners :)

Many thank in advance Jan Saunders :)
Brendan LawlorAug 6 2013, 11:50amHi Jan

That will be no problem- we pride ourselves on being a friendly lot!
Jan SaundersAug 6 2013, 11:53amOh yay! It sounds like fun! Thank you!
I will come early as likely to get lost driving there... haaaaa!
It's a 17euro entry I take it?
Many thanks again :)
Mick HanneyAug 6 2013, 12:31pmJan - you might be able to benefit from next Weds race too which is near Laragh.

I'm near Aughrim too so if you wanted company on a run during your stay drop me a line hanneymick at gmail.com I've pretty good local trail knowledge.
Brendan LawlorAug 6 2013, 1:53pmTomorrows route (please see associated map)

A-B-C-D (Marshal)-E-F-G-H-I(Marshal)-C-B-A

Junior route

A-B-C-D (Junior Turnaround Marshal)-C-B-A

Juniors will start two minutes after the main field as the track from C to D is narrow in places
Jill WalkerAug 7 2013, 7:34amHow far is the start from the parking area?
John J BarryAug 7 2013, 8:10amJill,

As Brendan says..
"Please carpool from the Glencormac Inn as parking along the road is limited enough. "

Glencormac Inn is less than 10 minutes drive.

Volunteers,

I'll be at "Glencormac Inn" at ~6 p.m. looking / offering a lift for volunteers needing to be at the start for 6:15.
Jan SaundersAug 7 2013, 4:39pmThanks heaps Mick! I'm slow and take photos but I'm enthusiastic haaaaaa!
Will email you with my phone number etc...that would be awesome!
Jan SaundersAug 7 2013, 4:53pmOh just saw the car pool thing. Anyone from the direction of Aughrim? I'm sorry I don't know the names of other villages to know which ones are a possibility for me to meet up with!
I know the way to ballingclash or avoca tho!
Michael BligheAug 7 2013, 9:59pmMany thanks to Paul for patching me up at the finish...feeling pretty sore at the moment but, thankfully, doesn't look too bad!

Thanks to Jimmy and everyone else who stopped to make sure I was ok.

Should be back out next Wednesday night!
Brendan LawlorAug 7 2013, 10:20pmResults corrections:

Kevin Cunningham (1035) did short course
Deirdre Flynn McGraeth (1267) was an early starter

Can webmaster please amend results

Thank you to all volunteers for great help- hope our walking wounded get well soon!
Richard KieranAug 7 2013, 11:47pmBig thanks to Paul Nolan on First Aid duty for cleaning my wounds tonight! And yes Paul I did do as you told me...just back from the clinic.
Paul NolanAug 9 2013, 1:14am@ Michael & Richard

Better to be safe than sorry. Speedie recovery lads