Irish Mountain
Running Association

World Masters Championships Austria

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Gerry BradyJul 16 2014, 10:22pmEntries close for the World Masters close on 22nd August. The race is on 6th September on an uphill course. See http://www.stubai.at/en/sonderseiten/berglauf-wm-2014 for more details. Ireland has a good history in this event and Mark Ryan (M35) and Karen Alexander (W35) may add to that history.

Let me know if you are interested in running for Ireland.
Martin McDonaldJul 31 2014, 11:58amHey Gerry, my name can be added to the list for the World Masters in Austria for M55.
Martin McDonaldAug 8 2014, 10:26pmHi
Is there anyone interested in sharing cost of car from Munich Thursday 4th to Telfes & back Sunday evening 7th.
Gerry BradySep 2 2014, 11:39pmA strong Irish squad are heading over to the World Masters race on Saturday. The M35 team with Mark Ryan, Paul Fleming, and Peter O'Farrell looks particularly strong. Zoe Melling, Vanessa Sallier, and Joy Johnson have the medal touch in the W40. Bernard Fortune and Padraig MacCriostail will ensure the M40 team is in contention for a podium spot.

There are strong running individuals in the other categories with Martin McDonald (M55) having a long string of top performances at this level.
Richard NunanSep 3 2014, 9:38pmThanks Gerry for coordinating this and the very Best of luck folks !!
Gerry BradySep 6 2014, 7:24pmResults link: http://my3.raceresult.com/details/results.php?lang=en&page=6&eventid=24137&contest=2&name=Ergebnislisten%7CErgebnisliste+AK&format=view

Individual bronze medals for Mark Ryan (Rathfarnham) in the M35 and Martin McDonald (North Laois in the M55. Team bronze medals for the M35 team.
Gerry BradySep 7 2014, 11:09amShort race report and summary results now up as a race report. Hopefully some of the Irish runners will post an I was there race report.
Peter O'FarrellSep 7 2014, 11:55pmThere's team medals to be won at masters level lads and ladies. Get on the facebook, email, twitter or even go mad and phone two friends of your own age and get organised for the masters next year.
In Betws-y-Coed in Wales (I think) this is nearly a home race for Ireland and it would be great to have full teams competing. Especially in M50 :)
And best of luck to the lads and ladies racing in the Semior race next weekend in Italy, the home of european style hillrunning.
Some photos uploaded on the events page..