Irish Mountain
Running Association

Annacurra

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Mick HanneyFeb 1 2014, 5:35pmVolunteers needed for all the usual roles. If you are unable to run (whether injured or whatever) you might consider a non-running volunteer role. Thanks.

Event is a few weeks away but a recce yesterday shows the course quite testing with a lot of wet and mud, so trail runners with some grip are essential. Should be fun!
Mick HanneyFeb 8 2014, 12:54pmAnother shout out for volunteers please. First aid, deputy laptop person (a good opportunity to learn the ropes) are two specific roles needing filling, as well as lots of spots for general volunteering.
Mick HanneyFeb 18 2014, 5:13pmThanks Brian!
Mick HanneyFeb 19 2014, 11:27amWe require a Shadow Laptop operator and a couple more general helpers please.
Petra TolarovaFeb 21 2014, 10:47pmI can help if someone can give me a lift from Dublin.
Mick HanneyFeb 22 2014, 8:07amTx. No cars yet in the car pool. This is an excellent opportunity for car poolers. Its a longer than average drive for an IMRA race so share if you can.

I hope people will make the effort to stay on for a while after the race. We will lay on refreshments in the community hall like last year. The parents committee of the kids school are kindly helping for a small donation (which people would normally spend post-race anyway). Thanks in advance.

Route is looking well. A bit muddy in places but that could dry up depending on weather this week.
Mick HanneyFeb 23 2014, 3:04pmIf you haven't yet registered this year please do so online which will help the process on the day.

Once you have registered online you can follow the registered/ran this year queue to pick up your number and sign-in.

If paying cash on the day you can help proceedings by bringing exact amounts OR better still consider buying a race voucher online (great value!).

Trail runners are advisable as the route is slippy in places.
Roger TegartFeb 23 2014, 7:21pmHow do I register and pay to enter this event? I cant see any links other than to buy 10 race vouchers which I don,t want to do. Am I missing something?
Ray CaulfieldFeb 23 2014, 8:04pmHi mick I'm available to help out on Saturday wherever necessary
Alan AylingFeb 23 2014, 9:47pmRoger, you can just pay cash on the day. The option to pay for 10 races is aimed at members who know they will be running a good few races during the year - for the runner it saves money (20 euro saving over the 10 races), for the organisers it means less cash at races. But paying on the day is perfectly OK.
Mick HanneyFeb 24 2014, 12:50pm2 more volunteers required for marshalling spots.
Mick HanneyFeb 24 2014, 8:25pmRegistration will open in the Community hall at 10.30

Registration will close at 11.45

Parking is adjacent to hall/church and start & finish line.

Prize giving afterwards with refreshments in the hall. All Welcome!

If you want a warm up/warm down jog we have a 2.25k loop of the lower forest which is mostly flat.

When running please pay attention to marking tape and to marshall's out on course. Conditions are sticky and slippy in places due to current tree thinning (I think that's the term) happening on the hill.

And don't forget to hand your number back at the finish line.

And of course, no headphones.
Mick HanneyFeb 25 2014, 1:58pmHi,

Are any volunteers coming from city centre? Failing that is any intending runner driving from city centre and doesn't mind being early. Fergal Buckley (city centre based) is in need of a lift.

Tx.

Mick
Petra TolarovaFeb 25 2014, 9:33pmHi, I have volunteered and I'm in need of a lift too, Dublin city centre based, but can meet you anywhere in Dublin.
Thank you, Petra
Mick HanneyFeb 26 2014, 6:42pmCan anyone lend a lift to Fergal and/or Petra? Cheers.
Vivian O'GormanFeb 26 2014, 9:05pmI can give a lift to Fergal and Petra. Just text me - 0874150398 - and we can arrange details.
Pól Ó MurchúFeb 26 2014, 9:19pmOnline Reg will be closed from tonight for members wishing to register for the year and pay their membership online. Will reopen again following race.
Mick HanneyFeb 26 2014, 9:23pmThanks Vivian. See you Saturday.
Mick HanneyFeb 27 2014, 8:08pmLooking forward to seeing you all on Saturday. I hope most of you can stay afterwards for the results and the post-race refreshments in our community hall.

Less than 2 days left and the route is pretty wet and muddy, so trail runners are a must.
Mick HanneyFeb 28 2014, 10:10am
Weather forecast looks favourable for tomorrow. Bring it on.
Brian McGuckinFeb 28 2014, 7:00pmI will be leaving kimmage around 10 if anyone needs a lift. 0863742485
Stephen BailieMar 1 2014, 9:17amLate notice but anybody heading thru lucan / clondalkin for todays race.
086 2498385
Stephen BailieMar 1 2014, 9:22amSORTED. Thanks for lift Richard.
Aidan BligheMar 1 2014, 2:54pmThanks to mick and volunteers for organising. Really enjoyable race and route. Weather was perfect.
Mick HanneyMar 1 2014, 3:29pmThanks to all the volunteers today without whom we couldn't have had a race.

Brian McGuckin, Paul Joyce, Fergal Buckley, Brendan Doherty, Brian Sugrue, Dallas Baird, Deborah Meghan, Joe Fitzpatrick, Ken Cowley, Mikey Fry, Petra Tolarova, Raymond Caulfield, Ruairi Sugrue and Stephen Perry

And to Vivian for helping with lifts and Pol for assisting with the laptop in advance.

The event went very smoothly. We are lucky to have the facilities we have at our disposal. There were anxious moments in the planning, whether Coillte works would disrupt things, but in the end it was fine. And the weather gods were favourably disposed to us.

Congrats to Jerome on a fine win in a great time. Unlucky for Tim that his 3rd place didn't count (as registration was closed, close to the start time).

Congrats too to Moire for a welcome winning return to the 'short distances' on the hills.

Thanks to the local Parents Association for the refreshments laid on for hungry runners.
Paul JoyceMar 1 2014, 5:49pm
And thanks to the marker for his environmentally friendly saving of plastic tape. In his haste to be seen as an eco-warrior he marked one of the two spurs shorter than last year (knocking about a km off the distance). Mea culpa, sorry Mick!
Mick HanneyMar 1 2014, 5:58pm... starts to drink bottle of wine put aside for Paul Joyce (ex-marker) :-)
Its happened to all of us Paul. You can't get off the hook that easy.
Dermot MurphyMar 1 2014, 6:22pmPaul, I for one was knackered by the end anyway!
Paul JoyceMar 1 2014, 6:36pm
If you were knackered you were doing it right Dermot!

Here's an interesting observation from my lazy perch as summit marshall- the first few guys through had much better running form than the chasing pack. In that, the leaders were upright, in control, managed their breathing well (and the eventual winner was incredibly interesting to watch in this respect). As more runners passed, shoulders became more slouched, heads were dropped, air was audibly gasped for. That's no slight on anyone whatsoever- I have respect for anyone who ran that course- but more an observation that holding good running form is a very important part of hill running.
Thomas MooreMar 1 2014, 6:48pmYeah I was thinking it was 600 -700 meters shorter than last year cause watch had 10.30 k crossing the line for me anyway. I knew my time was to good to be true 😂but great run , thanks mick,volunteers and the good folk for the grub after wards.
Mick HanneyMar 1 2014, 8:19pmI was clearing up the hall and a race voucher card for Lucy Balding was picked up. I should be along to Maulin to hand it on. With 9 races still on it its worth a few quid.
John BuckleyMar 1 2014, 11:04pmNice one for today all! Great race and congrats to Jerome! Just wanted to check in with results/times, rough idea of when they'll be up?
Mick HanneyMar 2 2014, 9:34amThe results were forwarded on yesterday so it shouldn't be long. On or before tomorrow I guess.
Mick HanneyMar 2 2014, 12:35pmWhile its great to see runners get support at races can I suggest that anyone that brings dogs to races keeps them under close control. I witnessed dogs off leashes on the final downhill trail section as the leaders were coming through fast and with the dogs running around an accident could easily have happened. I'm not anti-dog.. I have one myself. Just needs common sense to be practised.
Lucy BaldingMar 3 2014, 8:36pmThanks Mick for finding my race card! Am away next week so miss Maulin, but hope to be at Hellfire Spring on 16th if you could hold on to it for me then that'd be great:) Annacurra my first IMRA race ...enjoyed it, great support even for us lesser elites -thanks all!
Mick HanneyMar 3 2014, 9:18pmHi Lucy, your card is attached to your race no. in the race no. box. for when you next run.
Mick HanneyMar 4 2014, 5:13pmSome very nice race reports up.
Thanks / Merci beaucoup Moire and Jerome.
Ken CowleyMar 4 2014, 5:40pmWow, 2 excellent race reports - full of colour and IMRA-esque humour. Race reports really make a race linger in the memory, rather than just become another list of statistics on the website, so lets hope for more this year throughout all the leagues!
Clare KeeleyMar 6 2014, 11:44pmFirst Imra race last Saturday, it was great. Just wondering, my name is not up on the results list, could this be to do with the fact I only signed up that day?! Race number 278! Thanks. Clare
Mick HanneyMar 7 2014, 7:47amHi, we are aware of an issue with the results for anyone that was newly signed up on the day. It will be looked at after this weekend's race. Cheers, Mick
Clare KeeleyMar 7 2014, 3:53pmSuper thanks! Clare