Irish Mountain
Running Association

Bray Head

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Laura FlynnMar 2 2014, 7:58pmI have tried unsuccessfully a few times recently to register for myimra. I was going to volunteer as race director for Bray Head if needed. I would be grateful if someone could call me to talk me through it or explain what the problem is?
Thanks
My number is 087 7420795
Richard NunanMar 5 2014, 10:50amHi Laura,

Added you as RD

Laura FlynnMar 21 2014, 7:16pmThanks Richard
Roger TegartApr 8 2014, 5:43pmAny idea when registration will be open for this race?

Thanks

Roger
John CondonApr 9 2014, 3:09pmHi Roger

Registration is on the night in the Martello. Cut off time is 7.15 if you already have an IMRA number.

Alexey RashevskiyApr 11 2014, 3:28pmHi.

I was also going to run Bray Head (my first IMRA race).
I've registered in MyIMRA and tried to pay for race number.
After I've entered card details it showed me an error and now it looks like I can't make a second try to by a race number (on the website its marked as purchased in My Purchase History). I haven't received an email with racing number.

Any ideas what can I do?
Cheers.
Laura FlynnApr 12 2014, 4:44pmI have just about enough volunteers for Bray now. If anyone who has volunteered and can't come for any reason please let me know in advance as I will need to get a replacement
I would be grateful if you could all be at the Martello Hotel between 5.45 and 6pm. I have nominated Torben as Summit Marshall if you can confirm that you are ok with that Torben and that you can arrange to collect the flags and tape and head out early. Would you be able to de-mark as well once the last runner has turned?

I have allocated the following roles to the other volunteers and you might let me know if you have any issues:

- Summit Marshall and remarking course: Torben Dahl.
- Junior Turnaround marshall: Laura Schwiez.
-Collecting money: Jerome Dunphy and Nicola Crean.
- Finish Chute: Padraic Gallagher, Paul Keville and Jerome Dunphy.
- Collecting and sorting numbers: Rozanne Bell and Nicola Crean.

Last year there was a lot of confusion around the results partly due to the fact that some unregistered runners ran as they were not there on time to register. To avoid this happening this year please try and arrive at registration in good time and we in turn will make every effort to process all runners. If for whatever reason you do not succeed in registering for the race YOU CANNOT RUN AS PART OF THE RACE.

Re the query raised yesterday on the forum, I would appreciate if one of the IT people would respond.

Kevin, Will you be bringing the lap-top? Also, would it be possible for you to print-off the list of current runners so that people who have already run in 2014 can check their numbers without bothering the lap-top operator.
Richard NunanApr 13 2014, 2:04pmHi Alexev,

You have been registered, Eoin will add your number to the database.

Cheers

Richard
Alexey RashevskiyApr 13 2014, 3:40pmHi Richard,

thanks!

Will I receive email with my number?

Cheers!
Pól Ó MurchúApr 13 2014, 11:23pmHi Alexey, Your number is 2349. This will be your number for the year... Please return it after the race. There is usually a couple of volunteers collecting them at the end.
Trevor KerleyApr 20 2014, 9:31amGood morning. Is registration at the bar or the start line?
John McCannApr 21 2014, 11:22amHi all, Just checking if anyone is driving anywhere near Arklow after the Bray Head race?
Niall O connorApr 21 2014, 2:12pmHi John , I'll be coming to gorey can swing into arklow no problem
John McCannApr 21 2014, 10:37pmThat's great Niall, thanks a million. Drop me a text on 087 2932353 and I'll give you a shout before the race
Torben DahlApr 22 2014, 3:33amHi Laura,
I can be in the hotel before 6 as requested but wont be able to collect tape etc. before the race, unless of course it is already in the hotel on the day. Otherwise fine with the role.

Torben
James J LynchApr 22 2014, 10:20amI've also made an attempt to register online and got an application error. My purchase history says I've bought the registration. Please let me know what to do.
Tristan McLoughlinApr 22 2014, 10:57amHi Laura,

I volunteered late and without reading the forum (apologies; first timer).
Do you actually need additional volunteers for this event? If not, no problem.

Best,

Tristan
Gerard KeatingApr 22 2014, 11:42amHi Laura,

apologies, I also registered as a First Aid Officer without reading the forum. Can you let me know if required to volunteer?

/Ger
Niall O'ConnorApr 22 2014, 12:18pmI bought my annual meb online last week, where can I find out my number ? Sorry if I missed it somewhere else on the forums
John LanganApr 22 2014, 2:42pmHi guys,

I'm due to volunteer as first aid officer tomorrow. Can anybody confirm if the race director has the first aid kit/someone who will be attending has it, or do I need to contact Aidan Blighe?

@ Gerard - feel free to run the race and give a dig out if there is a queue for first aid. Usually one volunteer suffices but help would be appreciated if there's a queue.

John Langan
Daithi O MurchuApr 22 2014, 6:40pmI am travelling from Lucan area (Adamstown) to Bray tomorrow night for my first IMRA race. I can collect anyone looking for a drive along the way. My mobile is 0879240180. Cheers.
Laura FlynnApr 22 2014, 6:47pmGerard Keating and John Langan, yes you are both down as First Aid Officer for tomorrow night. I didn't list you in the earlier post as your roles had already been assigned so apologies for any confusion. Torben, Adrian Tucker is marking the course and what I wanted you to do is de-mark it if possible i.e. collect the flags and tape on your way down from marshalling the summit.

Registration is at the Martello which is 5-10 mins from the start.
Pól Ó MurchúApr 22 2014, 10:53pmOnline Reg is now closed for Bray Head Race. Registration is still available on the night. 10 Euro annual Registration and 7 for the Race.
Eddie CousinsApr 22 2014, 11:42pm@ Brian Sugrue. Hey Brian it's a bit late letting you know now but I'm going to this race . I wasn't sure til now. If you want to carpool from Arklow give me a shout 086 3136093. Or anybody else who needs a lift from Arklow give me a shout. Sorry for posting here but I couldn't get into the carpool section for some reason. Thanks
Liam MooneyApr 23 2014, 8:36am@ Pol O'Murchu. Hi Pol. Just to let you know that I too had the same issue as Alexey above while registering yesterday. I've checked my race number on my results page and it's the same number as you've quoted to Alexey - 2349.

Liam
Tim ChapmanApr 23 2014, 9:15amFrom another thread. It's due to a bug. 30 odd have the same number just bring a print out of your purchase history.
Tim
Ronan HickeyApr 23 2014, 9:20am
Anyone interested in joining a Team 2349? A good randomly chosen team for the Leinster League!

Ro
Brian FreelandApr 23 2014, 2:16pmWhich runners???
Hi I haven't done the bray head race before, given the rain last night, whats peoples opinion on shoes - would road runners be the best bet, or my salomon fellcross 2?

thanks
brian
John J BarryApr 23 2014, 5:03pmRecommend some grip on shoes (all Leinster league need them). Descent from Bray Head is quite steep clay / sandy track. No grip for road shoes.

Dermot MurphyApr 23 2014, 9:56pmThanks to Laura and all the volunteers for organising a super race this evening - a very enjoyable start to the Leinster league. Weather was beautiful too and the results are up already! Cant ask for more!
Tom JonesApr 23 2014, 10:06pmThanks for a great run this evening, and to Martello for the use of facilities, etc.. All very well organized and some nice minor changes to the route.

Result missing for runner no. 474.
James H CahillApr 23 2014, 10:50pmThank you Laura and your very large group of volunteers (long may that continue) for a great race in Bray today. You successfully arranged a beautiful evening for it and it was great fun. Thank you also to the Duggans for their excellent hospitality, tea, coffee and sandwiches post race in the Martello which went down a treat.
Slawek GlazApr 23 2014, 10:56pmResult missing for runner Alex Glaz No. 539. And missing data also for base points/points race. I hope this is only temporary results?
Alan AylingApr 24 2014, 12:34amGreat to be back. Best start to the league in a few years weather-wise, coupled with smooth organisation and copious amounts of sangwidges... cheers Laura, volunteers and the good folk of the Martello.

From a discussion with Pól at the end of the evening, there are a small number of result issues, these will be sorted over the coming few days. Anyone affected, please post on here or email Pol.omurchu at imra dot ie - your patience is appreciated.
Pól Ó MurchúApr 24 2014, 12:41amThanks Alan. As Alan said there are a few errors with results that I am aware of and a few that may have been missed by the laptop.This can happen sometimes when a few people come in together but should hopefully be on one of the manual sheets. If you have any problems with results, incorrect or missing or anything else please drop me a mail pol.omurchu (at) imra.ie if you could put the subject "Results" that would be great and I will have a look over the next few days. If you have a time or rough estimate that'd be great too as easier to find or amend if we don't have. Thanks.
Bronagh CheethamApr 24 2014, 8:46amsuper organised race - sets the standard for the summer league! great evening for it. tks Laura and team.
For Eva and those others who completed their race with a cooldown swim - RESPECT! brrrr
John LanganApr 24 2014, 1:31pmGreat evening yesterday evening. Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but as a heads up before the next run;

Message re: first aid supplies

After the Bray run, the kit needs to be restocked with;

15x sterile wipes
1x crepe bandage
1x wound dressing (4 inch x 4 inch)
6x pairs of gloves

Gareth LittleApr 24 2014, 10:51pm
Who has the race gear? Thx
Laura FlynnApr 25 2014, 3:19pmGareth, I passed all the equipment to Kieran Crowley who is race director for Howth next week.
Thanks again the team of willing and generous volunteers for helping to make the Bray race so enjoyable for everyone.
Thanks again to The Martello for the very welcome coffee/tea and sandwiches.

In relation the few errors in the results Pol, I would be grateful if you could please check what happened with Denise Ryan's daughter who was the second lady but does not seem to be recorded. Unfortunately I don't have her name.

Daithi O MurchuApr 26 2014, 1:07pmExcellent evening race at Bray Head - Well Done volunteer team. First race with IMRA. Atmosphere top class. Organisation with so many athletes present was very professional. Sea was lovely afterwards for the legs. Looking forward to Howth.
Pól Ó MurchúApr 28 2014, 10:45pmHi Laura, Do you have a name, number or time...Don't really have much to go on there but I can't see anyone by that name in the results...Alternatively if she wants to mail me pol.omurchu(at)imra.ie
Dace KellyMay 1 2014, 4:44pmHi guys,

I was running Bray race running with #536, I don't see my result on IMRA page? Last week I as showing as Dale Kelly under category M; same for Howth Summer. Would it please be possible to change my name to Dace Kelly and Female and so that my results would be showing?
Thanks a million,
Dace
laura flynnMay 8 2014, 3:43pmSorry Pol, I am only seeing your post now. I asked Niamh Garvey to ask her to get in touch with me as I have no details either. I think you will have to leave things as they stand at this stage as regards results though I am curious to know how it happened that she was not recorded asI saw her coming in myself - my is that she was not too far behind Emma Hand, maybe 5-10 places and less than a min and a half.
By the way, how do I put a fada on the o in your name?!
Jim FitzharrisMay 8 2014, 3:58pmLaura,

On a standard Windows PC, to put an acute accent on a vowel, just hit the AltGr key and the letter concerned. I suspect it will get marmalised on-screen in a Forum message - but let's try it: Pól.

AltGr can also be used with a few consonants: with R you get the registered symbol; with T, the trademark symbol and with C, the copyright symbol.

For more elaborate characters, you need to go to the Start icon (bottom LHS of screen), select All Programs, then Accessories - System Tools - Character Map and you can select from a wide array of characters.

Cheers,

Jim.

Dermot MurphyMay 8 2014, 4:17pmUnfortunately the IMRA results does not like fada's and results with these on them will not be loaded. Best to leave them out when you are entering the name in the first place, as this will avoid hassle later on.