Irish Mountain
Running Association

Glen of the Downs

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
John CondonJul 30 2014, 8:35pmUnfortunately, due to work commitments I'm unable to RD. I've a project deadline the week of the race. Apologies.
John BellJul 31 2014, 9:07amI was down to RD Devil's Glen the week after but I can do this race instead.

We still need a Race Marker and Laptop Operator for this event.
John BellAug 1 2014, 8:41amWe have enough volunteers now except for the laptop operator. Thanks
John CondonAug 1 2014, 2:23pmThanks for stepping in John.
Farrant StuartAug 4 2014, 10:32amHi John. I've volunteered for this one. What time do I need to arrive? Would prefer to run if possible but won't if you need non-running volunteers.
Brian O MurchuAug 4 2014, 9:33pmHi Farrant,
I could take your place as a volunteer if you wish to run
Brian
Caitlín BentAug 4 2014, 9:35pmCould i do Marshaling out on the course John?
John BellAug 4 2014, 11:16pmLAPTOP OPERATOR still required.
Maybe one of the current volunteers could take the role on with help from someone with experience? You can email me at jbell at outlook.ie

Caitlin, I've you down to marshal.
Farrant, that's fine I've switched you to running.
Brian, no need for any general volunteers.

Could all volunteers arrive by 6:15 when I will allocate roles then.

CAR PARKING is very limited so please car pool possibly from the Glencormac Inn where we will have prize giving after.
Daniela BoehmAug 5 2014, 9:18amHi John,
If you still need a laptop operator, I can do it if I can find someone who can give me a lift down in time...
Are any of the volunteers heading from city centre, anywhere on the green luas line or in cyclable distance down N11 and could give me a lift?

Thanks, Daniela
Sarah Ni RuaircAug 5 2014, 12:19pmHi,

I have the IMRA laptop but I won't be going to the race tomorrow.

Please contact me to collect it.

Sarah
Farrant StuartAug 5 2014, 2:09pmHi Brian. Looks like I'm ok to volunteer and run but if you still want to take my place let me know. Cheers, Stuart.
John BellAug 5 2014, 2:53pmHi Daniela
If you could do the laptop that would be great. I will be leaving from Sandyford at 5:30 so I could collect you from the luas if that suited? I won't be heading back that direction after, if you could find a lift back with someone else.
Vivian O'Gorman will collect the laptop.

Thanks

John
Daniela BoehmAug 5 2014, 4:52pmThanks, John, that'd be great!
Daniela
Ian Browne79Aug 6 2014, 1:25pmHi John,
I was down to volunteer this evening but due to work i will be unable to make it. Sorry for the late notice, i hope this does not inconvenience you to much.
Thanks
Ian
Brian O MurchuAug 6 2014, 2:51pmHi John,

I could take Ian's place as a volunteer:)

Brian
John BellAug 6 2014, 3:43pm@ Ian, That's fine. Thanks for hte heads up.

@ Brian, If you're not planning on running you could take a few photos?
Brian O MurchuAug 6 2014, 3:49pmWhoop!
John P O'ReganAug 6 2014, 4:45pmHi,

John O'Regan here. I am really sorry I am supposed to volunteer this evening but I have had a work emergency and can't make it.

My apologies especially for late notice
Caoimhin MacMaolainAug 6 2014, 10:06pmThanks to John and the helpers for a great race this evening. Course was great. Must be a record for speed of results posting, so thanks to Pol for this as well.
Peter O'FarrellAug 6 2014, 10:15pmIn a slight change from going wrong during the race I got lost twice marking the course. Once getting to the start from the Glen carpark and once mistaking a humble turn for point D on the map. And I knew Jerome and Barry would be giving it sox, Oh good grud the panic getting back on track...
Any chance of an oul race report from anybody who is on myImra? I miss the race reports. That downhill finish gave me nasty flashbacks to the hydro road on Carantoohill.
Jerome DupuyAug 7 2014, 10:39amHey Peter,
Thanks for the swift marking.
Also thanks to everyone involved in the organisation of a great trail race.
I'll try to produce a report for the weekend.
Cheers,
Jerome
John BellAug 7 2014, 11:00amA big thank you to all helpers and volunteers last night. Peter and Gordon who did a great job marking the route - no one got lost, except for themselves while marking!
Daniela on the laptop - setting a new record for having results up, Declan on first aid and all the marhsals, registration and finish helpers.
Pól Ó MurchúAug 7 2014, 1:38pmYeah well done Daniella on getting the results up so quick ;-) Fantastic job.
Declan O'DwyerAug 7 2014, 3:45pmGreat event last night, thanks to everybody involved.

Three cars broken into last night, so just a quick reminder to make sure you leave personal items hidden away and as secure as possible.
Jim FitzharrisAug 7 2014, 5:52pmI too would like to thank John and his team of volunteers for a great race last night.

Peter: I don’t think any runners got lost which is the main thing!

It is a few years since I have run this race but the route has changed since it was first introduced in 2007. My times for 2007 and 2008 are appreciably faster than those from more recent years. I seem to recall a much sharper and shorter climb to the ruin from beyond the car park. The event map has been the same from the outset so it is not clear what the change was.

Worrying to see that cars were broken into – where were they parked? I was up a quiet side road but thankfully no issues.

Cheers, Jim.
Dermot MurphyAug 7 2014, 8:44pmJim, I can shed a bit of light on the length of the course. Originally the course went straight from point I just past the car park back to the ruins at C, as marked on the map. The first year I marked the course, the route at point I was blocked, so I marked the route to go back to point D (on the track that nearly goes back on itself) and then the route followed back on itself to the start. This version of the route is longer and would account for the longer time. I marked the route a few times since then, and I always marked the longer route. Hope that makes sense.
God only knows what route Peter marked!
Ruth JacksonAug 14 2014, 11:03amHi,
Lovely run, thanks all.
Any chance the results could be updated with my time? I can help with a guesstimate (I know who I was behind, unfront of) if I'm totally missing from your records!
Thanks
Ruth (642)
Ruth JacksonAug 14 2014, 4:11pmApologies. Thought this was Devil's Glen run. Ignore previous message. Thanks