Irish Mountain
Running Association

Wicklow Way Relay

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
naughton stephenMar 10 2015, 6:57amHi
Unfortunately I have to withdraw from wicklow way on sat 21st March.
Gareth LittleMar 10 2015, 9:44amTrail or ultra?
Stephen NaughtonMar 10 2015, 10:03amOops sorry , Trail it be.
Claudia LaneMar 10 2015, 3:49pmHi Stephen,
I'm new to Imra but I am on the trail waiting list how does it work can u switch your number?
Claudia
Dermot MurphyMar 10 2015, 4:12pmPlease use the Thread for the Trail race for any changes.
Claudia - Stephens place will go to the person at the top of the waiting list (on Trail Thread).
Claudia LaneMar 10 2015, 6:13pmHi Dermot,
Very popular race at bottom of list:(gona try go support it tho thanks Claudia.
Pól Ó MurchúApr 12 2015, 10:44pmRenaming this thread and moving Rene's post here to link to forum post under event...

We are hoping to open registration for the Wicklow Way Relay this Wednesday 15th so get your registration forms ready to send by email.

More emails on specific process to follow.
Jeff SwordsApr 14 2015, 11:17amHi Pol,

Are we using the same forms as last year, https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fFnwFF2juFllz_nn4T9D2O5bMJ1cy578Pd8J8kWr9mQ/viewform or I guess 2015 dated ones will be put up so the forms can be all done and dusted ready for tomorrow ?
Rene BorgApr 14 2015, 11:24amHi Jeff, yes a new 2015 dated form is available here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4nV5BZ5NnU9YkJiMWk2N2wxVWM&authuser=0

I will post the whole process within the next hour but essentially there are two steps: submit the document form and wait for acceptance of your entry.

Once entry is accepted you must 1) pay and 2) fill out the official google drive form. That will finalise the entry and from that point on you can also edit your entry using the Google Form until the day before.
Jeff SwordsApr 14 2015, 11:27amCheers Rene.
Jeff SwordsApr 14 2015, 11:28amJust to add, you'll probably do this when you open up entry, but the 2015 document may need to be made public.
Rene BorgApr 14 2015, 11:49amWICKLOW WAY RELAY ENTRY PROCESS **OFFICIAL**

Entry for the Wicklow Way Relay 2015 will open tomorrow (Wednesday 15th @ 21:00/9 pm) and will remain open until the maximum submission of 30 entries has been received. Refer for details to FAQ at the end of this mail. Ensure you read all FAQ questions before posting any other questions to this thread so no official answer drowns out in conversation.

Note this whole email is also added to the 'Note' tab on the event page.

REGISTRATION PROCEDURE - STEP BY STEP

Links reference in this guide:

- WWR Entry Form (Doc): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4nV5BZ5NnU9YkJiMWk2N2wxVWM/view?usp=sharing
- WWR Team Entry and Amendment Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1j51fPDKOiikrPtSALaB3HQMwR_xHaNTQypn7wGjMYRE/edit

Teams wishing to register for the Wicklow Way Relay 2015 must follow these steps:

1. Team captain must email a fully completed version of the WWR entry form no earlier than 21:00 on April 15th to:
- rene@championseverywhere.com, CC: zarrock60@hotmail.com AND jason.kehoe@gmail.com (to ensure your entry get's picked up)
- CC: or BCC: your own email so you have proof of submission and confirmation for your own records

2. Await confirmation that your entry has been received and accepted or declined (see FAQ)

3a. If your entry was accepted, you will be asked to fill out the WWR Entry Form. You can use this form later to make changes to your team

3b. If your entry was declined then you will be asked whether you want to be added to the cancellation list

4. If accepted you must further go to 'Purchase IMRA product' page and pay for the entry to the event (this will be available shortly). You must be logged into myIMRA:

https://www.imra.ie/shop/products

If payment does not follow within 48 hours of confirmation, then your team spot will be given to the next time on the waiting list.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

'I'm not used to using Google Docs etc.'

I recommend accessing the links above now, fill out the document today or well ahead of time and play around with the form so you can send any questions you have to the Race Director after your entry is accepted.

'What if more than 30 teams register at the same time'?

In that case, the Race Director and the IMRA committee will decide whether to allow in all the teams that registered on time.

Priority will be given to fully competitive teams (i.e. 8-man squads with 8 senior men are not competitive etc.)

'How will we know whether my team was accepted'?

Confirmation emails will be submitted to all team captains within 24 hours of receipt NOT ON THE EVENING OF THE 14TH.

You should also receive a canned response from the ChampionsEverywhere CRM system within minutes of submitting your response.

After closure a list of all accepted teams will be posted on this thread.

'How will we know that the event is full?'

A notification of closure will be posted in the IMRA forum. Once this is received you can still submit an entry but this will go straight on the waiting list. If you do not want to go on the waiting list do not submit a form after closure of registration.

For emergency contact ring Rene Borg on 0831982802.

'Can I submit more than one team'?

No. One team = One team captain = one submission. This is in order to have only one point of contact per team.

'We are only 2 people who want to share the event between us. Will we be accepted?'

Full teams will be given precedent if both entries are received before closure. However, small teams such as two-man teams are likely (if not certain) to be given dispensation to compete along with the full squads.

But, keep in mind: the bottleneck is not the amount of people on the course but the amount of CARS, so the more full teams take up the available spots the more people can enjoy the event.

'Are there any changes to the event as mooted last year?'

Not this year, however, changes may be revisited for 2016 based on experiences this year.

'I cannot access the tools?'

Please contact rene@championseverywhere.com for help. If it is a question that you don't have access to the internet, online payment etc. then please delegate captain's responsibilities to a person who has 1) sufficient internet access and 2) can pay by credit card so we do not have to set up an exception process for one or two teams.

'I'm forgetful, what if I miss the deadline?'

Setup a reminder in your calendar straight away. A reminder will be posted in this forum tomorrow 1 or 2 hours before registration but no other reminders will be sent.

'I cannot access the internet for registration at 21:00 tomorrow'

Please delegate the responsibility to one of your

'What if my internet crashes during sending?'

Send your form to a team mate as your backup and ring them straight away to send the form. Failing that send a text with your team details to 0831982802 and then the form can follow once your internet is back up.

'What if there is a mistake on registration side'

As last year, failure to receive emails because of system issues will lead to either 1) restart of process or 2) dispensation to teams who didn't get through.

'What about updates on recces etc.'?

A second post will follow once all teams are confirmed about these matters. In the meantime look at past years event and begin to get your team started looking at their legs, working on your timings etc.
Rene BorgApr 14 2015, 11:58amHi Jeff, document has just been set to 'public'. If you don't mind testing I am sure that should save us all some stress tomorrow.

Worst case you should be able to download and fill it out on your computer (which you need to do anyway as you need to email it).
Jeff SwordsApr 14 2015, 12:11pmYip, entry form is available for download now. Entry and amendment form also publicly accessible.
Mick HanneyApr 15 2015, 8:40amHi, Just a thought. The opening up for registration at 9 this evening could be a disincentive to those thinking of doing the Killiney relay or could put those doing this evenings event at a disadvantage if they have a journey to make without access to a computer.
Rene BorgApr 15 2015, 8:58amI'd prefer not to clash with events, even a small one, so the registration is officially moved to tomorrow at 21:00 (Thursday 16th).
Rene BorgApr 15 2015, 9:00amWICKLOW WAY RELAY ENTRY PROCESS **OFFICIAL - 2ND UPDATED VERSION**

Entry for the Wicklow Way Relay 2015 will open tomorrow (Thursday 16th @ 21:00/9 pm) and will remain open until the maximum submission of 30 entries has been received. Refer for details to FAQ at the end of this mail. Ensure you read all FAQ questions before posting any other questions to this thread so no official answer drowns out in conversation.

Note this whole email is also added to the 'Note' tab on the event page.

REGISTRATION PROCEDURE - STEP BY STEP

Links reference in this guide:

- WWR Entry Form (Doc): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4nV5BZ5NnU9YkJiMWk2N2wxVWM/view?usp=sharing
- WWR Team Entry and Amendment Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1j51fPDKOiikrPtSALaB3HQMwR_xHaNTQypn7wGjMYRE/edit

Teams wishing to register for the Wicklow Way Relay 2015 must follow these steps:

1. Team captain must email a fully completed version of the WWR entry form no earlier than 21:00 on April 15th to:
- rene@championseverywhere.com, CC: zarrock60@hotmail.com AND jason.kehoe@gmail.com (to ensure your entry get's picked up)
- CC: or BCC: your own email so you have proof of submission and confirmation for your own records

2. Await confirmation that your entry has been received and accepted or declined (see FAQ)

3a. If your entry was accepted, you will be asked to fill out the WWR Entry Form. You can use this form later to make changes to your team

3b. If your entry was declined then you will be asked whether you want to be added to the cancellation list

4. If accepted you must further go to 'Purchase IMRA product' page and pay for the entry to the event (this will be available shortly). You must be logged into myIMRA:

https://www.imra.ie/shop/products

If payment does not follow within 48 hours of confirmation, then your team spot will be given to the next time on the waiting list.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

'I'm not used to using Google Docs etc.'

I recommend accessing the links above now, fill out the document today or well ahead of time and play around with the form so you can send any questions you have to the Race Director after your entry is accepted.

'What if more than 30 teams register at the same time'?

In that case, the Race Director and the IMRA committee will decide whether to allow in all the teams that registered on time.

Priority will be given to fully competitive teams (i.e. 8-man squads with 8 senior men are not competitive etc.)

'How will we know whether my team was accepted'?

Confirmation emails will be submitted to all team captains within 24 hours of receipt NOT ON THE EVENING OF THE 14TH.

You should also receive a canned response from the ChampionsEverywhere CRM system within minutes of submitting your response.

After closure a list of all accepted teams will be posted on this thread.

'How will we know that the event is full?'

A notification of closure will be posted in the IMRA forum. Once this is received you can still submit an entry but this will go straight on the waiting list. If you do not want to go on the waiting list do not submit a form after closure of registration.

For emergency contact ring Rene Borg on 0831982802.

'Can I submit more than one team'?

No. One team = One team captain = one submission. This is in order to have only one point of contact per team.

'We are only 2 people who want to share the event between us. Will we be accepted?'

Full teams will be given precedent if both entries are received before closure. However, small teams such as two-man teams are likely (if not certain) to be given dispensation to compete along with the full squads.

But, keep in mind: the bottleneck is not the amount of people on the course but the amount of CARS, so the more full teams take up the available spots the more people can enjoy the event.

'Are there any changes to the event as mooted last year?'

Not this year, however, changes may be revisited for 2016 based on experiences this year.

'I cannot access the tools?'

Please contact rene@championseverywhere.com for help. If it is a question that you don't have access to the internet, online payment etc. then please delegate captain's responsibilities to a person who has 1) sufficient internet access and 2) can pay by credit card so we do not have to set up an exception process for one or two teams.

'I'm forgetful, what if I miss the deadline?'

Setup a reminder in your calendar straight away. A reminder will be posted in this forum tomorrow 1 or 2 hours before registration but no other reminders will be sent.

'I cannot access the internet for registration at 21:00 tomorrow'

Please delegate the responsibility to one of your

'What if my internet crashes during sending?'

Send your form to a team mate as your backup and ring them straight away to send the form. Failing that send a text with your team details to 0831982802 and then the form can follow once your internet is back up.

'What if there is a mistake on registration side'

As last year, failure to receive emails because of system issues will lead to either 1) restart of process or 2) dispensation to teams who didn't get through.

'What about updates on recces etc.'?

A second post will follow once all teams are confirmed about these matters. In the meantime look at past years event and begin to get your team started looking at their legs, working on your timings etc.
Mick HanneyApr 15 2015, 11:19amThanks Rene, thats great.
Rene BorgApr 16 2015, 8:54pmRegistration opens in an hour.
Mick HanneyApr 16 2015, 9:00pmAre you in a different time zone Rene? 9pm is eh now...
Rene BorgApr 16 2015, 9:02pmI am in fact Mick. With a sick relative in Denmark. Well then, let the registrations commence.
Rene BorgApr 16 2015, 9:02pmI am in fact Mick. With a sick relative in Denmark. Well then, let the registrations commence.
Rene BorgApr 16 2015, 10:47pm25 team registrations received so far, submitters in order of submission. 5 spots remain.

1. Flora McKnight
2. Mike Long
3. Rosemary Monahan
4. James brady
5. Lindie Naughton
6. Terry McConnon
7. Tim Grummell
8. Berndt Heim
9. John McEnri
10. Jeff Swords
11. Santina Doherty
12. John Rowe
13. Brian McGuckin
14. Nicholas O'Donoghue
15. Mick Hanney
16. Helen Scotch
17. Louis Mullee
18. Paul O'Rourke
19. Brian Furey
20. Vivian O'Gorman
21. Laurence Briody
22. Gareth Little
23. Niamh O'Ceallaigh
24. Shay Foody
25. Ivan Mahon
Rene BorgApr 17 2015, 9:12amTwo more this morning, 27 spots of 30 gone.

1. Flora McKnight
2. Mike Long
3. Rosemary Monahan
4. James brady
5. Lindie Naughton
6. Terry McConnon
7. Tim Grummell
8. Berndt Heim
9. John McEnri
10. Jeff Swords
11. Santina Doherty
12. John Rowe
13. Brian McGuckin
14. Nicholas O'Donoghue
15. Mick Hanney
16. Helen Scotch
17. Louis Mullee
18. Paul O'Rourke
19. Brian Furey
20. Vivian O'Gorman
21. Laurence Briody
22. Gareth Little
23. Niamh O'Ceallaigh
24. Shay Foody
25. Ivan Mahon
26. Rachel Cinnsealach
27. Brendan O'Brien
Damien CoyleApr 17 2015, 2:45pmHi Everyone
Happy Friday
Hope you are all well and having a nice day so far.
Just wanted to put it out there that I would be interested in doing the Wicklow Way Relay so if anyone needs an extra team member or a replacement for their team, please do let me know.
Cheers,
Damien :)
Rene BorgApr 17 2015, 5:29pmAll team captains emailed.
Rene BorgApr 17 2015, 8:20pmOne more spot gone.

1. Flora McKnight
2. Mike Long
3. Rosemary Monahan
4. James brady
5. Lindie Naughton
6. Terry McConnon
7. Tim Grummell
8. Berndt Heim
9. John McEnri
10. Jeff Swords
11. Santina Doherty
12. John Rowe
13. Brian McGuckin
14. Nicholas O'Donoghue
15. Mick Hanney
16. Helen Scotch
17. Louis Mullee
18. Paul O'Rourke
19. Brian Furey
20. Vivian O'Gorman
21. Laurence Briody
22. Gareth Little
23. Niamh O'Ceallaigh
24. Shay Foody
25. Ivan Mahon
26. Rachel Cinnsealach
27. Brendan O'Brien
28. Brendan Murphy
Rene BorgApr 18 2015, 2:35pmOne more spot gone.

1. Flora McKnight
2. Mike Long
3. Rosemary Monahan
4. James brady
5. Lindie Naughton
6. Terry McConnon
7. Tim Grummell
8. Berndt Heim
9. John McEnri
10. Jeff Swords
11. Santina Doherty
12. John Rowe
13. Brian McGuckin
14. Nicholas O'Donoghue
15. Mick Hanney
16. Helen Scotch
17. Louis Mullee
18. Paul O'Rourke
19. Brian Furey
20. Vivian O'Gorman
21. Laurence Briody
22. Gareth Little
23. Niamh O'Ceallaigh
24. Shay Foody
25. Ivan Mahon
26. Rachel Cinnsealach
27. Brendan O'Brien
28. Brendan Murphy
29. Richard Hourihan
Rene BorgApr 18 2015, 3:53pmTeam captains: please do not send any further emails notifying us that you cannot yet purchase the SKU to pay for the relay. We are aware of this and the Committee is working on getting it up but at the moment we don't have an ETA.

The email you received states that you have 4 days from the 'date the SKU becomes available' and that you will be notified when that happens.
Rene BorgApr 18 2015, 11:03pmTeam 30 entered. Since one team is a team with two people, we'll allow entry for one more team. After that any team will be added to the waiting list.

1. Flora McKnight
2. Mike Long
3. Rosemary Monahan
4. James brady
5. Lindie Naughton
6. Terry McConnon
7. Tim Grummell
8. Berndt Heim
9. John McEnri
10. Jeff Swords
11. Santina Doherty
12. John Rowe
13. Brian McGuckin
14. Nicholas O'Donoghue
15. Mick Hanney
16. Helen Scotch
17. Louis Mullee
18. Paul O'Rourke
19. Brian Furey
20. Vivian O'Gorman
21. Laurence Briody
22. Gareth Little
23. Niamh O'Ceallaigh
24. Shay Foody
25. Ivan Mahon
26. Rachel Cinnsealach
27. Brendan O'Brien
28. Brendan Murphy
29. Richard Hourihan
30. Ken Devlin
Rene BorgApr 19 2015, 10:58amAs a bit of a moodsetter, I dug out this old article I wrote for British site MST about the 2011 event:

http://www.mudsweatandtears.co.uk/2011/06/14/rampant-rathfarnham-take-wicklow-way-relay-record/
Rene BorgApr 19 2015, 12:17pmPAYMENT NOW AVAILABLE

Payment link now available in 'Purchase IMRA products'. You can only pay full teams (120 euro price) this way at present so if you need to pay a different amount please email us to organise alternative payment.

Add 'WWR Team xx' (adding your number) on the transfer so the IMRA treasurer can identify your payment.

All payments should be closed out by Friday end of day.
Mick HanneyApr 20 2015, 2:39pmHi, I only saw this last post after I paid, but in any event did not see a narrative field to add the No. of the team. In any event the cardholder should identify the nominated captain who is generally paying. Thanks. Mick
Jeff SwordsApr 20 2015, 2:51pmI'm the same as Mick, didn't see your post when paying and didn't see a field to add the team details.
Pól Ó MurchúApr 20 2015, 5:34pmJust for clarification I do t believe there is a field for these details but we can identify the cardholder from the "Shop" which in most cases will be the Team captain or a member of the team. Failing that should be easy enough to assign the payment to teams who fall outside this.
Pól Ó MurchúApr 20 2015, 5:34pmJust for clarification I do t believe there is a field for these details but we can identify the cardholder from the "Shop" which in most cases will be the Team captain or a member of the team. Failing that should be easy enough to assign the payment to teams who fall outside this.
Rene BorgApr 21 2015, 11:59amA few people have issues with the registration form link send out.

Try to use this instead: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1j51fPDKOiikrPtSALaB3HQMwR_xHaNTQypn7wGjMYRE/viewform?usp=send_form
Rene BorgApr 21 2015, 12:00pmTeam 16 has dropped out so two spots remain:

1. Flora McKnight
2. Mike Long
3. Rosemary Monahan
4. James brady
5. Lindie Naughton
6. Terry McConnon
7. Tim Grummell
8. Berndt Heim
9. John McEnri
10. Jeff Swords
11. Santina Doherty
12. John Rowe
13. Brian McGuckin
14. Nicholas O'Donoghue
15. Mick Hanney
17. Louis Mullee
18. Paul O'Rourke
19. Brian Furey
20. Vivian O'Gorman
21. Laurence Briody
22. Gareth Little
23. Niamh O'Ceallaigh
24. Shay Foody
25. Ivan Mahon
26. Rachel Cinnsealach
27. Brendan O'Brien
28. Brendan Murphy
29. Richard Hourihan
30. Ken Devlin
Rene BorgApr 21 2015, 4:21pmRob Costello's team added as a new team 16:

Team 16 has dropped out so two spots remain:

1. Flora McKnight
2. Mike Long
3. Rosemary Monahan
4. James brady
5. Lindie Naughton
6. Terry McConnon
7. Tim Grummell
8. Berndt Heim
9. John McEnri
10. Jeff Swords
11. Santina Doherty
12. John Rowe
13. Brian McGuckin
14. Nicholas O'Donoghue
15. Mick Hanney
16. Rob Costello
17. Louis Mullee
18. Paul O'Rourke
19. Brian Furey
20. Vivian O'Gorman
21. Laurence Briody
22. Gareth Little
23. Niamh O'Ceallaigh
24. Shay Foody
25. Ivan Mahon
26. Rachel Cinnsealach
27. Brendan O'Brien
28. Brendan Murphy
29. Richard Hourihan
30. Ken Devlin
Mick HanneyApr 21 2015, 6:14pmHi,
Just to clarify.. if you have a runner on your team so far unregistered with IMRA this year, do they need to buy an annual registration (online or at a prev race), so you have a race no. of each line of your entry form before the big day.
Cheers,
Mick
James BradyApr 24 2015, 7:16pmIf someone is registered to run with a team but wants to run with another team is that their choice or does the team have to release them? Thanks
Rene BorgApr 24 2015, 7:21pmThat's between you and the teams James, we don't get involved as long as teams register their changes before 5 pm the day before.
Rene BorgApr 25 2015, 7:16pmhi Mick, the answer is on the back of the IMRA Registration form, copy pasted below:

"For insurance reasons, all runners who are not current members of IMRA must sign the 2014 Membership Form (available on website) and submit it before race start. The €15 Entry Fee includes once-off IMRA membership for this race only; new members wishing to compete in other IMRA races must include the additional €10 annual membership fee."

So short answer is they must sign the form and your first runner must bring all forms to the beginning of leg 1 but the onceoff membership is already covered by the 15 euro fee.
Jason KehoeApr 29 2015, 3:46pmNew team #31

1. Flora McKnight
2. Mike Long
3. Rosemary Monahan
4. James brady
5. Lindie Naughton
6. Terry McConnon
7. Tim Grummell
8. Berndt Heim
9. John McEnri
10. Jeff Swords
11. Santina Doherty
12. John Rowe
13. Brian McGuckin
14. Nicholas O'Donoghue
15. Mick Hanney
16. Rob Costello
17. Louis Mullee
18. Paul O'Rourke
19. Brian Furey
20. Vivian O'Gorman
21. Laurence Briody
22. Gareth Little
23. Niamh O'Ceallaigh
24. Shay Foody
25. Ivan Mahon
26. Rachel Cinnsealach
27. Brendan O'Brien
28. Brendan Murphy
29. Richard Hourihan
30. Ken Devlin
31. Niamh McDonald
Rene BorgMay 7 2015, 1:44pmEmail to team captains to go out shortly with more practical details and last updates.

In the meantime an important note on Leg 6:

The Wicklow Way must be followed in its entirety as it is TODAY. This means cutting directly out on the road after leaving Drumgoff Forest is NOT ALLOWED. Any team spotted using this will be given a 2 minute time penalty.

Instead the now fully completed part of the Wicklow Way must be used which means taking the right turn downhill on the fireroad, turning left onto the (slippy!) new boardwalks between the trees and following the grassy path onto the road.

While this is a small detour it will give a team considerable advantage to use the 'old' route directly onto the road, so please ensure all leg 6 runners are aware that this is not to be used.
Miriam MaherMay 9 2015, 2:53pmHi Rene, question about leg 3 - will it start through the forest or heading down the road as it did last year? Thanks, Miriam
Rene BorgMay 9 2015, 6:45pmHi Miriam, whatever is the currently signposted official Wicklow Way must be followed as a general rule (except for the detour at the end of leg 8). There are no other exceptions to that rule.

I haven't been up leg 3 this year so if someone who has run it can provide an update on what is the current official way, that would be much appreciated.
Rene BorgMay 9 2015, 7:05pmTeam 31 was a duplicate entry, already registered as team 25.

1. Flora McKnight
2. Mike Long
3. Rosemary Monahan
4. James brady
5. Lindie Naughton
6. Terry McConnon
7. Tim Grummell
8. Berndt Heim
9. John McEnri
10. Jeff Swords
11. Santina Doherty
12. John Rowe
13. Brian McGuckin
14. Nicholas O'Donoghue
15. Mick Hanney
16. Rob Costello
17. Louis Mullee
18. Paul O'Rourke
19. Brian Furey
20. Vivian O'Gorman
21. Laurence Briody
22. Gareth Little
23. Niamh O'Ceallaigh
24. Shay Foody
25. Niamh McDonald
26. Rachel Cinnsealach
27. Brendan O'Brien
28. Brendan Murphy
29. Richard Hourihan
30. Ken Devlin

Please use this number for form registration and all runners on their team should know this and shout it at marshals.
Rene BorgMay 9 2015, 7:10pmPenultimate briefing to all team captains has just gone out. If you did not receive it first check your junk mail folder. If it is not there email me and I'll check why.

Please circulate the content to all team members and ensure everyone has read it.
Miriam MaherMay 9 2015, 9:06pmThanks Rene, doing a recci of leg 3 in the morning. Will let you know what the official WW signage is. Miriam
Miriam MaherMay 10 2015, 5:44pmHi Rene, we did a recce of leg 3 this morning. Checked out the signage and the little yellow man is pointing down towards the yellow barrier that leg 2 and leg 3 runners changed over at last year. So it seems that the route for the start of that leg would follow along with the signs down along the road and not up around through the forest and the sleepers. Miriam
Rene BorgMay 11 2015, 1:10pmVolunteer are urgently needed for this event. we have 2 out of the required minimal crew of 8 marshals, so I need at least six more volunteers for a full crew.
John MacEnriMay 11 2015, 11:30pmHi,

in reply to Miriam, re start leg 3.
It's not actually clear cut. That new section into the forest at start of leg 3 is I think the official WW route. There is a large boulder right at the start of that new bit of trail and there was a WW sign riveted to it which has since come off. The sign on the opposite side of the boulder is still stuck to it (as of last Monday). Unfortunately, to create confusion, the old signage is still in place that directs down to the barrier and car park.

So I think Rene maybe you need to make a call on which will be the route on the day and where exactly the runner to runner handover will be as that is possibly affected by whether we run the new bit or not.

Thanks, John
Rene BorgMay 12 2015, 11:38amJohn, thanks for that update.

In that case my official stance for race day is to go with the existing handover at the barrier until such a time in the future that there is only one set of markings.

I think this is the best decision based on people being familiar with this handover point. Please circulate to all leg 3 runners team captains.
Jason KehoeMay 12 2015, 12:01pm## VOLUNTEERS ##

As mentioned we need volunteers on the day for this great event. 8 is the minimum and 16 would be ideal (marshal & parking) for a stress free day for volunteers and teams.

You would need to be there about 20mins before Approx Arrival Times and stay until the runners go through. I will be making my way through the checkpoints to support and answer questions throughout the day.

Place / Approx Arrival Times

1) Kilmashogue / 07:00 / Jason to kick-off
2) Curtlestown / 07:55 /
3) Lough Tay / 08:55 /
4) Oldbridge / 09:20 /
5) Glendalough / 10:00 /
6) Drumgoff / 10:55 / MASS START 13:15
7) Ironbridge / 1145 /
8) Crossbridge / 1300 /
Finish Line: Shillelagh / 1335 /

######
Robert CostelloMay 12 2015, 12:26pmDoes anyone have any gps, garmin, strava, mapmyrun links for legs 7 and 8 by any chance? Scanned through the 2013 and 2014 folders and found links for earlier stages but not the last ones.

Thanks,
Rob
Mick HanneyMay 12 2015, 12:43pmFYI, leg 7 and 8 runners.

You may encounter a few more gates than previous years - towards the end of leg 7 and start of leg 8. For those who don't know presumably a closed gate is left closed when you go thru it, to respect the landowners etc.
Brian FureyMay 12 2015, 12:51pmHi Rob -
Leg 7:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/506668994
Angus TynerMay 12 2015, 1:32pmRe: Gates
Also a gate on leg 5 shortly after the boardwalk
Gareth LittleMay 12 2015, 2:15pmAnyone have a leg 8 .gpx? Thx
Miriam MaherMay 12 2015, 3:49pmHi John/Rene,

Re: Leg 3 handover - thanks for that - good to know for sure. Quite a difference in the two starting point routes. Down the road we go so!
Rene BorgMay 12 2015, 4:10pmMiriam/John and everyone else,

I have received some more information regarding leg 3 which changes my decision somewhat.

Shay Foody pointed out to me that the new start of leg 3 going through the forest for 1 km instead of down the road is very nice, fully completed and mapped: http://www.eastwestmapping.ie/wicklow-way

(click the thumbnail on the right to see the diference).

Going by this information I think the best option for now and the future is to begin using the new route down through the woods straight away and to keep running on roads to a minimum.

So the 'new' 1 km through the woods is now the official beginning of Wicklow Way leg 3 for the race day.

we will place a marshal at the most practical point where the Wicklow Way crosses onto where the parking is and as close to the old changeover as possible.

Please have a look at the maps and send them round to your teams. I know it is short notice but better to implement this in 2015 than wait until 2016 when it is a permanent change.
Shay FoodyMay 12 2015, 9:56pmI also must say that the East West Wicklow Way guide is worth buying for your team. It has a good map of each leg on a separate page, so it can be cut out and carried in pockets.

http://www.eastwestmapping.ie/wicklow-way
John MacEnriMay 12 2015, 10:32pmRene, I think it's the right decision to go the new route. I have run it and it's nice to be off that road. It's a real pity it doesn't extend all the way down, as it drops you back out onto the road still a ways up from the fire road entrance on the right where Leg 3 goes. I guess there was some reason it couldn't be done.
I think it makes sense to have the handover in the same place as usual. Leg 2 runner turns right and goes down to the barrier for handover, and Leg 3 runner goes back up the 20-30 metres to take the right onto Leg 3 new bit.
Runners would need to stick to the right to avoid colliding of course!
Regina KellyMay 14 2015, 9:54amI've taken these from another year so they may have changed slightly

Leg 1: 14.4km, 556m ascent
Leg 2: 15.1km, 759m ascent
Leg 3: 8.0km, 126m ascent
Leg 4: 9.6km, 363m ascent
Leg 5: 13.6km, 571m ascent
Leg 6: 12.7km, 566m ascent
Leg 7: 21.2km, 651m ascent
Leg 8: 10.0km, 283m ascent
Rene BorgMay 14 2015, 10:19amUPDATE ON LEG 3

I scouted the start of leg 3 and as John suggests we'll keep the handover at the current spot at the Coillte gate (to avoid changing leg 2) which means runners will be going back on themselves 20-30 m to cut up the new trail through the woods.

The 'new' leg 3 is a nice improvement and probably slightly longer and with more climb than the old measures.
Derek HunterMay 14 2015, 1:55pmRunner for Leg 5 on Running Club team out with injury. Anyone interested in running this leg for us?
Jean O'Neill2May 14 2015, 1:59pmI am happy to volunteer. I will be on my own in a car from Swords-maybe I could liaise with someone? I would prefer NOT one of the early changeovers.
Andre Van BarneveldMay 14 2015, 6:28pmI'm available to help, later stages better for me thanks
Jason KehoeMay 17 2015, 7:53pmHi Jean and Andre. Thanks for volunteering, if you could go to the event tab and sign up we will get you slots that suit your availability. Any other volunteers please? Feel free to drop names!

Many thanks!
Jk
Laurence QuinnMay 17 2015, 8:23pmhttps://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-bE-YMmaAmFQ/VVjocmAGXnI/AAAAAAAAAyc/157VFEzMjOo/w896-h553-no/leg2sample.jpg

I was on a recce of leg 2 today and I am unsure about the linked section of the route as I did not see any yellow man there. Does anybody know if it is straight up the hill or around the fireroad? I have seen it stated one way in some places and the other way in other places.

Thanks, Laurence.
Mick HanneyMay 17 2015, 8:35pmThe Wicklow way is the fireroad. The single track is a short-cut.. not allowed in the relay.
Laurence QuinnMay 17 2015, 8:38pmPerfect. Thanks Mick.
Robert CostelloMay 19 2015, 3:27pmFolks,
Quick question: Will jackets be mandatory at the relay? Can you let me know as will need to inform the team.
Thanks,
Rob
Rene BorgMay 19 2015, 3:31pmHi Rob, yes, as outlined in my email to team captains the standard IMRA rules apply, including the jacket rule and disqualification of team will have to result from a breach of the rules unfortunately, so good to get the word out.
Rene BorgMay 19 2015, 3:33pmthere has been a number of teams drop out. Revised team list below. Full team details to be posted tomorrow but we're still awaiting all team captains to fill in final team sheets.

this leaves 24 teams contesting the event on Saturday.

1. Flora McKnight
2. Mike Long
3. Rosemary Monahan
4. James brady
6. Terry McConnon
8. Berndt Heim
9. John McEnri
11. Santina Doherty
12. John Rowe
13. Brian McGuckin
14. Nicholas O'Donoghue
15. Mick Hanney
16. Rob Costello
17. Louis Mullee
18. Paul O'Rourke
19. Brian Furey
20. Vivian O'Gorman
21. Laurence Briody
22. Gareth Little
24. Shay Foody
25. Niamh McDonald
26. Rachel Cinnsealach
27. Brendan O'Brien
28. Brendan Murphy
30. Ken Devlin
Robert CostelloMay 19 2015, 3:35pmThanks
Jason KehoeMay 19 2015, 6:33pm********************
VOLUNTEER UPDATE:

I'm missing either phone or email details for the following volunteers:

Keith Fitzsimons
James Curran
Jean O'Neill
Andre Van Barneveld (not registered)
Kevin Bell

Can you please drop me an email with both so I can send a group update to: jason@championseverywhere.com

Current Leg Setup:
1) Kilmashogue / 07:00 / Jason Kehoe & Graham Bushe
2) Curtlestown / 07:55 / Peter O'Farrell & Orla McEvoy
3) Lough Tay / 08:55 / - ?
4) Oldbridge / 09:20 / - ?
5) Glendalough / 10:00 / Niamh O'Ceallaigh
6) Drumgoff / 10:55 / MASS START 13:15 - ?
7) Ironbridge / 1145 / Jean O'Neill
8) Crossbridge / 1300 / - ?
Finish Line: Shillelagh / 1335 - Jason & ?

Any other volunteers?

Thanks,
Jason
Louis MulleeMay 19 2015, 9:05pmAny Teams planning on staying down on Saturday night for a few celebratory drinks. Either in Shillelagh or even The Dying Cow in Tinahely
Jason KehoeMay 20 2015, 6:04pm********************
VOLUNTEER UPDATE:

I am still waiting on above guys to contact me by email. We could also use a few more volunteers for parking etc if you are running and can get to a handover early. Volunteering qualifies towards your goal for Leinster League prizes.

Thanks,
Jason
Vivian O'GormanMay 20 2015, 10:33pmHi - I am looking for a lady runner for either Leg 3 or Leg 4 - don't mind which - my mobile is: 087 4150398
Rene BorgMay 21 2015, 11:46amTEAM CAPTAINS - IMPORTANT UPDATE

Teams 6, 13, 22 and 25 have still not filled out their details in the Google Form.

Please do so asap: http://goo.gl/forms/jVFTPwxJHy

Also please note that currently team 9 (two runner team) and teams 17 and 30 (not enough vets/ladies) are running non-competitively

Current teams (minus those with missing details) can be seen here in the meantime: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33299050/WWR%202015%20Provisional%20Team%20List.pdf
Ruairí ShortMay 21 2015, 12:48pmHi Rene,

Do you still need a volunteer for Oldbridge?
I could help out there.

Ruairi
Rene BorgMay 21 2015, 1:00pmhi Ruairi, Yes I think we are still short. Jason kehoe is coordinating the volunteers on the day. I've passed this onto him but if you want to send your mobile number and email to jason@championseverywhere.com then he can send you more details.
Rene BorgMay 21 2015, 1:02pmCLARIFICATION ON PUB/PRIZEGIVING

It was pointed out to us that the reference to 'Kenny's Pub' as the finishing point and prizegiving is misleading as the pub is The Park View Pub and Restaurant (although owned by Kenny's!).

So same place as in prevoius years but its called the Park View.
Rene BorgMay 21 2015, 1:11pmGLENMALURE/LEG 5 TO 6 CHANGEOVER PARKING

The Glenmalure Lodge asks that we park as follows:

- Team cars, short term parks and 'passers-through' can park on the main car park
- Long-term parking (leg 6 runners not going directly back etc.) in the field just beyond the lodge (follow instructions)
Rene BorgMay 21 2015, 3:39pmFile updated with teams 6 and 13. three more to go...
Jason KehoeMay 21 2015, 6:18pm*****************
VOLUNTEER UPDATE
I will be sending out email to all volunteers tonight.

I still require a second Marshall for Oldbridge. This is a very busy handover point and a confident car park marshall will be needed. We want the whole junction and surrounding houses kept relatively clutter free for local access.

Oldbridge - Times required will be from 9:00am - 10:30am~ or until it dies down.

It would suit someone racing possibly.

Thanks,
Jason
Jim FitzharrisMay 21 2015, 6:35pmJason,

I can do that for you.

I was transition marshal there a few years ago and did NOT have car parking marshal - it was a nightmare.

You are absolutely right – one is essential there!

I can get there for 9 am.

Cheers,

Jim.
Paul JoyceMay 21 2015, 11:09pmParking directions for leg 7/8 handover Crossbridge.

There is ample parking at Crossbridge. From Tinahely square take the R747 towards Hacketstown, after 2.8km you'll see a fork left for Crossbridge (signed), take this to the car park and then walk up to the changeover point.
Don't drive up to the changeover point!
And for gruds sake don't even think of parking your car near the bridge at the river! Poor Joe and Nora still have nightmares about people parking cars there! :)
Rene BorgMay 22 2015, 11:13amHISTORICAL RESULTS

A link with all historical results up to and including 2014 and making special mention of changes to routes (marked as 'new' or 'old') has been uploaded and linked on the main page:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33299050/WWR%202002-2014.xlsx

We'll be updating this after the race. Note that due to the changes to leg 3, the best male and female times on this leg will be new records.

Also note that in the leg descriptions the course record for leg 2 is not attributed correctly. The record to break is 59:26 set by Brian MacMahon (good luck!) :)
Stephen PerryMay 22 2015, 1:14pmRene , some sad news just heard here in Tinahely, John Kenny the father of the owner of Parkview House has passed away this morning after a long battle with cancer . This will mean that no doubt the pub will be closed tomorrow/Sunday for his funeral. If you want I can arrange for you to have the prize giving at the dying cow pub. Let me know as I can contact the owner to let him know . Or feel free to call me on 0868169360 . Regards ,Stephen
Rene BorgMay 22 2015, 1:41pmhi Stephen, that is very sad news indeed and your help in contacting them personally to confirm the closure and reschedule to the Dying Cow would be very much appreciated. Please ring me directly on 0831982802 if needed. I'll ring you this evening otherwise to discuss further.
Rene BorgMay 22 2015, 1:47pmJACKET RULE

Everyone: just a final reminder in case you missed the two first updates on this - the new IMRA jacket rule applies so ensure you have a light jacket that meets the requirements with you as you run your leg or you will unfortunately be disqualified and your team with you. We don't want anyone's day spoiled for that reason, so please don't forget!
Jim FitzharrisMay 22 2015, 2:06pmCar parking at Oldbridge (or the lack of it!)

Hi all,

I will be doing car parking marshal at the Oldbridge handover point tomorrow.

Despite the similarity in the name, regrettably unlike Crossbridge, car parking at Oldbridge is at a premium.

To be specific, there is no car parking in the following areas:-

At the junction itself - marshals will use the existing two spaces …… ;-) !

What may look like usable spots are usually outside local houses etc. and they do not appreciate the intrusion or car clutter.

On the exit road up the hill – used by runners, and too narrow and dangerous anyway.

On the entry road – also used by the runners and again too dangerous for them as it pushes them into the middle of the road.

On the road to Lough Dan close to the junction – some of the locals here take extreme umbrage at cars parked on nice-looking verges, etc.

Sounds good, doesn’t it!

So where does that leave us?

You can park FURTHER up the road to Lough Dan. There is a car parking area a few hundred metres up the road and also careful roadside parking is possible. As usual common sense should apply: do not park on a dangerous bend or blocking a gate, etc.

Hey, we are all into fitness so the walk there and back will do you good!

If you are dropping off a leg 4 runner at Oldbridge, you can of course stop briefly to let them out. However, you will then have to keep trucking or else park as advised.

If you are waiting to meet a leg 3 runner, you MUST park as advised.

I think it should be obvious that this handover point is not the ideal place to bring your granny who is shaky on her pins, or to see how far you can walk on a newly-sprained sprained ankle or to try out that new Zimmer frame!

Also, if bringing kids, please think twice and be EXTRA careful because it is a busy junction and we cannot legislate for the manner in which others drive through it.

Please be forewarned that once I have a peaked cap, high-viz jacket and swagger stick, I go into full Uber Kommandant mode and will brook no opposition !!

On a serious note folks, we rely on the good will of other road users, local residents, etc., never more so than at this sensitive junction, so please comply with reasonable requests from the marshals at ALL handover points.

Everyone wants to enjoy their day out and make a good impression on those with whom we come in contact.

Thankfully, the WWR Relay route is only tangential to the road at a few key spots so with a little care and thought, there will be no issues.

I really look forward to greeting 30 happy sweaty runners tomorrow charging up the road after that great descent through the lovely oak trees!

Cheers,

Jim.
Mick HanneyMay 22 2015, 2:25pmAlso, further to Stephen's posting there, it is probably no harm to have the finish line back along the road where the runner can finish coming down the hill - on the footpath, out of respect to the family at the pub. Just shortens the course by about 100 yards.
Rene BorgMay 22 2015, 2:26pmProvisional team file is updated with all latest amendments. Please check that everything is correct if you made changes yesterday.

final file will be uploaded at 17:30 today.
Rene BorgMay 22 2015, 2:28pmMick, I will likely direct the race the same distance the other way which will create even further space and means we don't shorten the course. Either way we'll have a person there directing runners if we change the finish line location.
Mick HanneyMay 22 2015, 2:37pmRDs perogative Rene. I'm looking at that road on google streetview and there is no hard shoulder on the road the other way. A couple of cones and tape might do the trick.
Rene BorgMay 22 2015, 3:43pmLEG 8 ROUTE CHANGE - ***VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE***

Due to the funeral at the normal finish point, leg 8 will change this year.

From the Dying Cow the route will continue on the Wicklow Way until a marked turning point after which runners will run back to the Dying Cow where the official finish will be and not in Shillelagh.

Map and elevation profiles of the changed route below:

Route (new route in purple, old in blue): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33299050/new%20shillelagh%20option.JPG

Elevation: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33299050/new%20shillelagh%20option%20elev%20%28out%29.JPG

New route will be marked with spray paint on the road and a cone at the turning point.

Note that the Dying Cow does not serve food but you are welcome to bring your own.
Dermot MurphyMay 22 2015, 5:33pmRene, is there any provision for parking at the dying cow, I dont think there is much space along the road? I appreciate that this change is by its nature very last minute and difficult to coordinate.
Leg 8 is my own leg for the relay, and my original plan was to park my car at Shilleagh and meet a team mate and get a lift to the start of the leg. Would it make it easier for you if I just leave my car at the start of leg 8 and collect it later? Other teams could also do this, or park in Shilleagh and either get a lift or jog back to the car.
Rene BorgMay 22 2015, 5:39pmHi Dermot, all sorted. We have lots of parking at the Dying Cow and they are ready for us and have brought in extra staff to facilitate us.

If you run out of space by all means park somewhere along the road where it is not obtrusive but we'll probably cause more disturbances if we go into Shillelagh than if we park at the Dying Cow.
Rene BorgMay 22 2015, 5:40pmFinal team file with three more small changes received today has now been uploaded. No further changes will be accepted to the teams:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33299050/WWR%202015%20Final%20Team%20List.pdf
Dermot MurphyMay 22 2015, 5:55pmSounds good, thanks Rene. Appreciate all the last minute organising by the team.
Graham K. BusheMay 22 2015, 6:45pmBest of luck to everyone tomorrow. Get a good night's rest and hopefully some great running. G
Mick HanneyMay 23 2015, 7:55pmThanks Rene, Jason and volunteers for organising today. It is unfortunate that events recently are struggling to the last minute to get volunteers. Lots of people are happy to race, but you need to do your volunteering bit too.

The relay is one of IMRAs (many) great events. A real treat. With a great energy and social buzz about it. I love taking part and getting the updates as the day is ongoing, to take in the races twists and turns - of which there is usually quite a few, before it ends with Leg 8. The last min change to the Dying Cow seemed to work and bring a new aspect to the race, for this year at least.
Caoimhin MacMaolainMay 23 2015, 8:10pmWell said Mick! This is a really great event and a brilliant occasion. Brilliantly organised. Thanks very much to all those who helped out. It's a big undertaking, but it all worked really well.
Alice ClancyMay 23 2015, 9:24pmThanks Rene, Jason and all the volunteers for such a great day!!!! That was so much fun, and really well organised!!
Angus TynerMay 24 2015, 9:02amGreat day, thanks to all concerned, particularly Rene & Jason and marshals
I left running shorts and towel at Ironbridge. I assume somebody picked these up?
Colm MoranMay 24 2015, 11:15amI have them Angus, the towel was a giveaway. Will you be at either the Curragh or Tibradden?
Not certain I'll be at the Curragh yet, but should be at tibradden.
Rene BorgMay 24 2015, 6:12pmFULL RESULTS (PROVISIONAL)

Detailed Full results (xls):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33299050/WWR2015_FullResults.xlsx

Leg by Leg results (pdf):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33299050/WWR%202015%20Leg%20by%20Leg%20Results.pdf

Updated historical file and director's report tomorrow.

* Note results will not match Garmin recordings 100% due to manual timekeeping process, so only notify us of obvious errors and large discrepancies
John MacEnriMay 24 2015, 6:54pmHi Rene,

getting a dropbox 404 error for both those URLs.
You sure they are public shared?

Thanks, John.
Rene BorgMay 24 2015, 9:09pmHi John, I’m in the middle of moving house so using intermittent, and unreliable, internet. The documents are public but took a while to sync - they appear 'synced' now from my side so if you try again it should work.
Mick HanneyMay 24 2015, 9:50pmHi,
I can access the leg by leg results ok.
The other file seems to have results from a previous year, 2013?
Regards,
Mick
Rene BorgMay 24 2015, 10:24pmMick, I just opened both files and both are this year's files. If you saw anything that you seemed confusing and made you think it's from previous years send me a note and we can look into it.
Angus TynerMay 24 2015, 10:37pmThere are 2 tabs in the excel file, one labeled results is from 2013. The one labeled Results&Formulae is this year.

Colm in reply to you, I plan to be at Curragh but not Tibradden. Thanks for picking them up.
Angus TynerMay 24 2015, 10:37pmThere are 2 tabs in the excel file, one labeled results is from 2013. The one labeled Results&Formulae is this year.

Colm in reply to you, I plan to be at Curragh but not Tibradden. Thanks for picking them up.
Rene BorgMay 24 2015, 10:54pmThanks Angus, that tab was out of my view so forgot to delete it. have removed it now.
Bernard HanrattyMay 25 2015, 12:18amHi, great race - really enjoyable and well organised.

Your ranks for each leg of the relay in the excel sheet are off by 1. I believe this is because you have selected the entire column as your range, rather than the cells 2:26 in each column.

Kind regards
Rene BorgMay 25 2015, 9:43amBernard, I just did a few spot checks and every ranking I checked is correct as far as I can see. Take your ranking (3rd) on leg 8 - that is correct as only Ronan Kearns and Alan Lawlor were quicker.

For the final ranking please note that they are manually adjusted because team 17 and team 30 were not competitive and thus removed from the final rankings.
Rene BorgMay 25 2015, 3:28pmA race director's report has been added. A number of new records and fine performances noted.
Mick HanneyMay 25 2015, 8:54pmA 2 min improvement on the record time for leg 4, some 7 mins ahead of the next runner on the day? Wow.
Rene BorgMay 25 2015, 9:51pmMick, all records are double checked for start and finish times and the recordings match what is on the sheet, so unless Kenneth Kelleher tells us otherwise we can formally ratify the record once I have done a final check on the physical forms (current results are off phone images but in this case they were very clear).

I don’t know Kenneth but I can see he has run a 20:57 4 mile and been selected for Cork teams in cross-country. That 4 mile time is equivalent to a 73 minute half or 33 minute 10k on the roads, so from that side no reason to suspect the time is much off. Paul Stephenson (previous record holder) is a sub-33 minute man (just about) and 14:50 over 5k as far as I can tell, so it does look like a very good performance but we can’t discount form on the day.
Mick HanneyMay 25 2015, 10:06pmFair play. Some great performances there in hot conditions.
Kenneth kelleherMay 25 2015, 10:43pmHi there, Kenneth Kelleher here. Just to confirm my time for the 4th leg of race was 37.42 from my Garmin.thanks.
Peter O'FarrellMay 26 2015, 9:39amWell done all, especially the organisers. As the quote goes, if you want something done ask a busy man and Jason and Rene fit the bill! As do the O'Ceallaighs!!
Race reports really add to the flavour of the day and the more the merrier. Rene has made a start https://www.imra.ie/events/report/id/1226/
and anyone with a myimra account can add a report so please get to it, or if you have already written your blog/boards/facebuke post delete the swearwords where you got lost on leg x and copy and paste it up on the report page
https://www.imra.ie/events/report/id/1226/
Rene BorgMay 26 2015, 1:42pmThanks Kenneth, I think part of the discrepancy can be down to no seconds being recorded at the end of leg 4. Your team is down as coming in at 10:43. if I make that 10:43:59 then you your time is 37:37 more in line with your Garmin.

Would you mind sending me a link to the Garmin recording to a triple check (that will allow me to see 'time in' and 'time out') as well.

PS. We won't be doing this for other results - just potential records
Rene BorgJun 3 2015, 1:57pmA file with all results up to and including 2015 has been uploaded here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33299050/WWR%202002-2015.xlsx

It allows you to compare times across years for teams and individuals as well as distinguish between the new and the old routes (as much as is possible, as minor changes over the years, rather than major ones, are not noted).

If you see any errors please let me know. I did a big cleanup of the data but it will, at best, be 99% accurate :)