Irish Mountain
Running Association

Galtymore

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Vivian O'GormanAug 9 2015, 10:15pmHi Folks,

This is the final Irish Championship race of the season and all to play for.It is also a Munster Championship race and King/Queen of the mountains.

So a Race Director - a Summit Marshall and a First Aid person are all needed. Also a couple more volunteers.

More info will be posted later in the week.
Eoghan SadlierAug 10 2015, 10:34amHi all,
Quick question re date of race & possibly a very stupid question - I had it written into my diary as Sunday 9th August but see on the website it's a week later - 16th. Just wondering if I just wrote the date down wrong or if I've actually missed it & it was on the 9th?
Kevin O'RiordanAug 10 2015, 11:00amIt's on next weekend Eoghan.
Kevin O'RiordanAug 10 2015, 11:00amIt's on next weekend Eoghan.
Eoghan SadlierAug 10 2015, 11:54amThanks Kevin
Rachel CinnsealachAug 10 2015, 2:11pmWe could do with one or two more volunteers for this race. Anyone about to do first aid? Could one of the non running volunteers tale on first aid?
Fergal BuckleyAug 10 2015, 10:16pmI'd be happy to do summit marshal if one is still needed.
Vivian O'GormanAug 11 2015, 10:27pmThanks Fergal that would be great - if anybody else wants to
do Summit Marshal as well let me know.

We still need a First Aid person and non running volunteers...
Ger GriffinAug 11 2015, 11:46pmHi Vivian.
If you like I can do Summit marshal on Galtymore or Galtybeg.
Ger
Vivian O'GormanAug 13 2015, 10:03pmHi All - some info for Galtymore

The race start time is 1pm.

Race registration will be from 12pm to 12.45pm

Anybody who wants to do an early start can do so from 12pm.
I will be there at about 11am so if you want to go earlier let me know.

This race WILL NOT be marked so you must be able to navigate using a map and compass. The map can be printed from the details page for this event.

So as well as a map and compass you should have a whistle.You can also bring your mobile phone.

The kit requirement is: a longsleeved rainproof jacket - hat - gloves and bumbag with chocolate/biscuits and water.

The Race Director will make the decision on the day as to
what to wear for the race.

Don't forget you have to either wear or carry your jacket no matter what - this is mandatory.

Also the mobile phone on the back of your race number can be used to contact the Race Director. Just remember to RING the number and NOT to text.

This is NOT a beginners. If you want to try mountain running please choose an easier race.

Ger Griffen and Fergal Buckley - I will be there at 11am. Hopefully that is before you head for the Summit.If you are going earlier please let me know - 087 4150398

So see you all on Sunday!!
Sam ScrivenAug 15 2015, 2:57pmHi. Any spare seats from Cork City (ballinlough) tomorrow? 0872136574.
Thanks, sam
Conor MurphyAug 16 2015, 8:47pmGreat outing today.

Thanks to Vivian for organising everything, and all the volunteers, can't imagine standing on Cush, Galtybeg or Galtymore for a long time was much fun.

Thanks to Micheal and Sam for the spins to and from Cork city.

Congrats to those who picked up prizes, think Jason Kehoe won the National championship and Paul Deane is Munster champion.
Conor MurphyAug 16 2015, 8:55pmAnd Becky Quinn, who was also crowned national charmpion.
James H CahillAug 16 2015, 9:25pmThank you Patricia, Vivian and all your volunteers for a great day in the hills, and sustenance afterwards in the pub. A great day out
Vivian O'GormanAug 16 2015, 10:27pmThank you to Patricia for taking on Race Director today and letting me run.Sure 'twas no problem to her! Thank you also to Ger Griffen and Keith for marshalling Galtymore,Fergal Buckley for Galtybeg and Barry for Cush. Also to all the other volunteers. It was a great day with plenty of sambos afterwards.

These are some of the results.The results will be put up in full later in the week.

1.Jason Keogh 1.26.58
2.Bernard Fortune 1.28 04
3.John Paul O'Connell 1.29.40

1.Becky Quinn 1.51.00
2.Daniela Boehme 2.01.17
3.Mary Louise Ryan 2.03.06

O/40 Conor Murphy 1.40.42
O/40 Deirdre Finn 2.06.49

O/50 Tom Blackburn 1.29.49

O/60 Joe Lalor 2.03.03

O/70 Patsy McCreanor 2.45.28

Congratulations to both Jason Keogh and Becky Quinn Who the Irish Mountain Running Irish Champions for 2015.
Rachel CinnsealachAug 16 2015, 10:52pmCongratulations, to all of the above. brilliant results.
Sam ScrivenAug 16 2015, 11:31pmSplendid day out.
Thanks to Patricia and all the volunteers.
Congrats to Becky and Jason and other prizewinners.
Although it did rain and the mist was lowish, the phrase 'conditions were perfect really' was overheard more than once.
More of the same next year please.
Damien CoyleAug 17 2015, 9:46amCongrats to Jason and Becky on their fantastic victories at Galtymore and well done to all who participated and volunteered.
Looked to be an brilliant event and will look forward to trying this one next year.
Stuart ScottAug 17 2015, 9:52amThanks to Patricia, Vivien and all other marshals and helpers for another excellent and really enjoyable race yesterday. It was expertly organised and marshalled and the lack of lost runners and relatively benign conditions are testament to that!
Jason KehoeAug 17 2015, 11:22amThanks to everyone yesterday for a smooth and great race in Munster, always well organised! One of the toughest on the calendar and I always approach it with a large "gulp"!

Special thanks to Vivian O'Gorman for directing the IC league series again this year.

It's been a long four months in the hills so congrats to compatriot Becky on her Irish MR Championship win, all the category winners and my fellow hardy competitors for continuously pushing me to work hard on the hills.

Till next year!

Jason
Vivian O'GormanAug 17 2015, 10:18pmOK had a 'senior momment'- just keep your comments to yourselves!!

Patsy Mc Creanor finished in 2.23.24 - a fantastic time and not the time I gave above. Ted Feehan,by the way, was 2nd O/70 in 2-27.15 - a great race between the two of them!!
Mea Culpa...