Irish Mountain
Running Association

Brockagh Burst

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Rene BorgFeb 3 2016, 2:22pmHi all, we look forward to welcoming everyone at Brockagh Burst. Car parking and registration will be at the Brockagh Centre in laragh.

We will charge €2 per car for parking here which will be donated to the centre. Overflow car parking exists at Laragh Woods (few spaces) and at various places around Laragh village.
Rene BorgFeb 3 2016, 6:20pmDetails for this event reflect last year's information, here is this years:

Organisers Instructions:
Registration and parking is the Brockagh Centre in Laragh and will be open from 9:15 to 10:15. No late registration will be accepted. Race start is on the crossroads with the Wicklow Way in Brockagh Woods. This is a 1 km run/walk from the registration, so please leave sufficient time to get there.

Please park at Brockagh Centre if possible. Overflow car parks can be found at Lynhams of Laragh and Laragh Woods entrance although these are limited. We will be charging €2 per car which will be donated to Brockagh Centre. Car pool as much as possible.
VOLUNTEERS: Please meet at 9:00 to leave us fifteen preparation time before registration opens. Meet at Brockagh Centre entrance

Prizegiving Location: Lynhams of Laragh
James HigginsFeb 4 2016, 12:53pmRene, the times on the details page under "Organisers Instructions" are later than what is on the forum.

They might lead people to think that the race was starting later than 10:30.
Rene BorgFeb 4 2016, 1:13pmHi James, yes that's why i posted the below - I do not have access to change the event details. I have asked the Committee to do so but in the meantime we'll have the conflicting information. But the earlier time is the correct one.
Pól Ó MurchúFeb 4 2016, 2:41pmAccepted as RD Rene you can amend everything now.
Ben WhiteFeb 13 2016, 2:57pmHi Rene,is tomorrow's race entry closed don't see an option in purchase area,only for vouchers,thanks ben
Mick HanneyFeb 13 2016, 3:29pmRegistration / payment online options close on the Friday evening. If you've previously registered and can barter with someone to get a race voucher then thats up to you. No cash entries on the day.
Majella GeraghtyFeb 13 2016, 5:02pmHi there, Rene (or someone who knows the answer)
Need a bit of help please

I took it that registration was between 9:15 and 10::15 tomorrow from Renes mail on Feb 3;

I went to buy the race voucher today (Saturday)at 2 pm (same as for the hell fire) but have the option to buy the 50 Euro;

Don't mind buying the 50 Euro voucher at all, but will
you tell me if I can race when I go to register tomorrow (Yes or No will do)

(was planning a family day out for the event and with 3 under 6 I need to keep it simple as)]
Appreciate your undertanding

Many thanks
Majella
Rene BorgFeb 13 2016, 5:09pmhi Majella, I think this has been answered in the general Brockagh Burst thread - so going by Pol's answer you can buy until 6 pm today.
Rene BorgFeb 13 2016, 5:10pmhi Majella, I think this has been answered in the general Brockagh Burst thread - so going by Pol's answer you can buy until 6 pm today.
Mick HanneyFeb 14 2016, 1:42pmResults will be online as soon as they make their way through cyberspace to the records secretary. If there are any result amendment requests they should be sent through to the results secretary.

A handful of results may have been missed due to
a) the snowy conditions at the end which made results recording difficult
b) runners not showing race no. having been covered up by jackets etc.

Well done to Rene and helpers, particularly those who had to stand around in the cold while everyone else had their fun in the white stuff.

One last observation was that today proved how a change in weather can happen quickly and jackets were needed. It would appear that at least a few didn't have the required jacket.
Jeff SwordsFeb 14 2016, 2:24pmTo reiterate what Mick said, well done to the Glendalough crew standing out exposed to that weather, at least we had the benefit of running, for the most part, to keep us warm. The Burst part of the race always makes up for the suffering leading up to it.
Rene BorgFeb 14 2016, 3:49pmIn a fitting tribute to Valentine's Day husband-and-wife Des Kennedy and Niamh Garvey teamed up to win the men and ladies categories respectively today. Des lowered Diarmuid Collins record by 52 seconds to the new mark to beat: 27:04. 2nd placed Ben Mangan and 3rd placed Peter O'Farrell also broke the standing record with 27:14 and 27:39.

Not to be outdone Niamh Garvey's 36:33 time also broke Donna Quinn's inaugural record time of 37:15. In total 154 runners completed the long course and 5 the short course.
Caoimhin MacMaolainFeb 14 2016, 4:33pmEchoing the thanks owed to the volunteers and organisers of today's race. Brilliantly organised all round. Great course, excellent facilities and perfect seasonal conditions.Thanks!