Irish Mountain
Running Association

Brockagh

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Morgan O'HalloranFeb 4 2016, 10:30amHi all,

I am a new member ; I joined the club , bought 10 race vouchers and wish to run for the first time at this event on the 14th February. How do I register for the race , or confirm participation ?

I am also available for carpooling.

See you all there
Rene BorgFeb 4 2016, 10:35amHi Morgan,
When you arrive you will go to the desk dealing with people paying with vouchers. If you have your voucher set, one will be punched as confirmation of payment and you will sign a sign-on sheet as confirmation. If you have not yet collected your number for the year you can then do this at the number's desk.
Morgan O'HalloranFeb 4 2016, 10:42amMany thanks for the clarification Rene !!
Brian O MurchuJun 17 2016, 8:33amFrom the Races Coordinator Laura: We don't have a race director for this race yet. If we don't have one by Friday, the committee will have to make a call on whether the race can go ahead.
If someone steps up I am happy to help/deputise/mentor. Also needed for Brockagh are Lap-top operator, Race Markers and First Aid. If these roles could be filled ASAP it might give someone more comfort in volunteering to RD.
Catherine DevittJun 17 2016, 8:48amBrian and Laura, won't race direct, but have put my name down for first-aider. Its a lovely race, shame if it didn't go ahead.
Torben DahlJun 17 2016, 10:34amAright guys, I will give it a try as I just did the RD training recently. Let the race go ahead!

So now I just need a laptop operator, a race marker and a few more volunteers. Thanks.

I assume Ken has all the gear from Wednesday? In that case I can collect it at the West Dublin Peaks race tomorrow.

Torben
Laura FlynnJun 17 2016, 10:35amThat's brilliant catherine...thanks.
If race marker and lap top come forward I will race direct.
Laura FlynnJun 17 2016, 12:05pmA huge thank-you to Torben for taking on the role of race director. Ill step aside but have put my name down as volunteer as has Tanya. We're very familiar with new system now so things should run smoothly.
Tanya SheridanJun 17 2016, 12:12pmIf anyone who knows the route and would be available to mark in on Wednesday, I can help with that, as long as we could meet for a recce this weekend. If so, I can drive tomorrow and Wednesday if needed.
Ken CowleyJun 17 2016, 12:36pmTorban, yes we can do a straight transfer of the Kit to your car after Saturday's race, thanks
Torben DahlJun 18 2016, 6:04pmWe are nearly there for this race to go ahead! I still need a race marker... I am happy to assist on marking the course early Wednesday afternoon but would really appreciate if someone could help me out unless you want the adventure of an entirely new route! ;)

Thanks.
Nat JeddaJun 19 2016, 2:41pmHello all,

I am totally new to this.
Just signed up for IMRA and also payed 7 for the Brockgah run.

Anything else I need to do?

Since I've never done any of your events I would be of very little help as a volunteer I am afraid. But defo next time.

Cheers Nat
Torben DahlJun 19 2016, 2:47pmHi Nat,
Welcome to IMRA. You are all good to go, your race no. is 1512 and your entry for Brockagh is registered. You collect your race number on Wednesday. Race starts at 19.30, further instructions and updated details will go out on the forum tomorrow.

Don't worry, there will be plenty of other races to volunteer for :)

Thanks.

Torben
Torben DahlJun 19 2016, 2:50pmAnd we are sorted for a race marker now, big thanks to Niall Corrigan for stepping up!
Mike LongJun 19 2016, 5:45pmHi Torben,
We see you already have lots of volunteers for the Brockagh race but if you need some more help we are free and willing to come along, just let us know.
Mike and Róisín.
Brian O MurchuJun 19 2016, 8:04pmFYI Wednesday's RD is also a past winner of the race, an excellent race report at this link:
https://www.imra.ie/events/report/id/957/#956
Katie MillerJun 19 2016, 9:11pmHi, I'm new to IMRA but would like to run the race this Wednesday. Do I sign up to become a member and then sign up for the race?
Thanks,
Katie
Katie MillerJun 19 2016, 9:24pmFound it. Ignore me. Thanks
Torben DahlJun 19 2016, 9:38pmHi Katie. Are you all sorted? You both need to 1) register as a member and 2) pre-pay the race online by 6pm on Tuesday or have a race voucher.

Let me know if you need any assistance.

Torben
Torben DahlJun 19 2016, 9:55pmHi Mike and Roisin,
Thank you for the kind offer. I could actually do with one or two more non-running volunteers, so feel free to sign up. Thanks :)
Torben DahlJun 20 2016, 9:33pmEvent page now updated with details for Wednesday's race. Any questions, please let me know. Thanks.

E-mail has just gone out to all volunteers to the e-mail address you have registered on MyImra. If anyone hasn't got it, please e-mail me at td(at)tdahl dot eu . Zoe, your e-mail bounced back so please get in touch.
Kieran CravenJun 21 2016, 4:47pmAny kind drivers with a space in their car leaving from the city centre, or passing through Red Cow M50 on way to race tomorrow? Thanks, Kieran.
Alan McDevittJun 21 2016, 5:06pmIm heading down tomorrow but cant locate my race number. My wife quickly changes the subject when I ask if she has seen it... I suspect it may have gone in the bin and having emptied the wheelie bins must conclude that it is gone!! Can I get another?? I appreciate I have to pay for this of course but how do I go about this??
(I may also need a new wife but this may be for another forum!)
Stuart ScottJun 21 2016, 5:24pmAlan, a certain poster on the Connacht Champs forum a few years back may be able to advise you on that one :-)

As far as I know, just ask at the registration table and they'll give you a new number.
Brian O MurchuJun 21 2016, 5:28pmWas it this post?
https://www.imra.ie/events/forum/id/1052/
Torben DahlJun 21 2016, 5:41pmHi Alan. We will sort out a replacement number for you for a punch on your voucher. If you don't have a voucher I am sure someone will sort you out.
John ShielsJun 21 2016, 5:50pmHi Kieran, I'll be leaving Grangecastle around 16.30hrs so could pick you up at the Red Moo Luas around 17.00 if that suited, might be a bit early for you? I'll be returning to Booterstown. Give me a buzz on Oh eight 6 8tree seven0966 if interested.
John
Vivian O'GormanJun 21 2016, 7:33pmHi Folks,

We have new Car Parking arrangements for tomorrow night.

We have the use of a field. It is on the left hand side of the road just past the Wicklow Heather Restaurant in Laragh. There will be a charge of 2 Euro per car.

Please do not use Lynams and Car Pool as usual.

The events page will be updated later.
Kevin O'RiordanJun 22 2016, 3:31pmHave 2 free spaces leaving from Ballsbridge today due to drop outs if anyone's looking for a lift
Liam CostelloJun 23 2016, 12:04amHi Torben - you asked myself and Aisling to check our numbers as we both had 1332. I checked my race number and it is 1332. I see that Aisling Kirwan is 1322 but wears 1332 which would explain why it was not there when I did my first IMRA run of the year. Aisling must have been given the wrong number by mistake. I have my registration email with 1332. Thanks - Liam. Thanks for being RD today. Was very enjoyable and you did a super job.
Torben DahlJun 23 2016, 10:57amHi Liam. All sorted and you are spot on. I actually got to look up your race numbers before Aisling left so I replaced her number with 1322. The 1332 went into the race number box if you want to take the original number at your next race rather than the handwritten. Thanks.
Torben DahlJun 23 2016, 11:35amJust want to say a huge thanks to all involved in the race last night. With the match on I thought I was gonna have a small Mickey Mouse race as my first RD experience but we ended up having 150 runners registered plus a few people missing the registration! Thank you all for coming.

I was overwhelm by the support I got over the days leading up to the race, when signing up last minute to race direct. Thanks to everyone helping out and offering their help, sorry if I didn't come back on all your e-mails.

I have to say that I am really impressed by the effort from my team of volunteers last night. You did a fabulous job all together and made my job so much easier without having to stress too much. No one got lost and we had everyone recorded on the laptop. I think there was only one small incident for the first aider to take care of.

Thanks to Rene, Derek Cullen and Seamus Cullen for organising the parking field! That was really fit for purpose. The money collected at the gate was given to the owner after the race.

Last but not least, a massive thanks go to The Great Master Vivian for providing the RD training earlier this year and being my life line for this race.

Results will be up shortly. Any issues please get in touch with Karen.

Any feedback on the execution last night will be appreciated. I am still learning and would like to give the RD role another go some time.
Laura FlynnJun 23 2016, 2:09pmwell done on an excellent job last night Torben and its good to hear you may be up for it again. Everything ran so smoothly even down to the Irish team waiting till we we were safely down off the mountain and I had a glass of guinness in my hand before scoring the fantastic goal....what a night!
Brian FennessyJun 23 2016, 9:23pmTop job last night Torben, well done the event ran superbly. Thanks to all the other volunteers and the race markers as well. Fantastic job all around.
Karen DevenneyJun 23 2016, 11:01pmWell done to Torben & co for putting on another great race last night. Results are up, any issues drop me a mail
Ken CowleyJun 24 2016, 10:31amGreat race/event, well done to all involved! And the timing was fantastic, to have a packed pub for the Ireland goal/win over Italy.. On another matter, did anyone find a small electronic key-fob anywhere on the night? eg around the check-in desk? Thanks
Seán HassettJun 25 2016, 9:21pmI have uploaded some more photos taken at the summit.