First Aid Person
Laptop Operator
2 Non Running Volunteers- at least
3 Running Volunteers - at least

Also don't forget No money will be taken at race registration
You Must pre register through myimra
If you have race vouchers you're fine - if not then pre register

I will post more info this evening -
Vivian O'GormanMay 26 2016, 10:15pmHi Folks - Race Info..

The race will start at 1.00pm

Race Registration will open at 11.00am and close at 12.30pm Sharp! PLEASE remember to Pre Register BEFORE 6pm on Friday evening - see note above

There will be an Early Start at 12.00pm - just let me or Eoin Syron know

The kit requirement is:A longsleeved rainproof jacket (mandatory) - Hat/Gloves - Bumbag with chocolate/biscuits whichever suits you - Water - Map - Compass - Whistle - Mobile Phone

Remember the mobile phone number on the back of your race number. RING this number DON'T text.This will go straight to the Race Director - Eoin Syron

This is NOT a beginners race.Do not make this race your first mountain race.Try an easier shorter race first.

This race is also not suitable for Juniors.

There is absolutely NO car parking on the road its just too narrow. We have a car park for 3 euro per car. It will be clearly marked.You can carpool from the Climbers Inn.

And DON'T FORGET TO PRE ENTER!!!
Conor MurphyMay 26 2016, 11:18pmI should be available as a running volunteer.
Vivian O'GormanMay 30 2016, 12:56pmHi Folks -

I still need volunteers -

First Aid Person - non running
Laptop Operator - running or non running
Summit Marshalls - King/Queen of the mountain
Non running volunteers - 2

Thanks
Enda FitzmauriceMay 31 2016, 4:14pmHi there, don't seem to have the option to register on myimra?
Karen DevenneyMay 31 2016, 4:57pmEvent registration should be available now
Daniela BoehmMay 31 2016, 6:32pmI can do 'running laptop operator' if there is no non-running volunteer for it. We'll be there early anyways.
Daniela
Joan RyanJun 1 2016, 8:05amHi Vivian. I've registered for the race and I would like to do the early start at 12:00.
Joan
Vivian O'GormanJun 1 2016, 8:55amHi Joan - thats no problem just see me before you go...
Joan RyanJun 1 2016, 2:07pmI'll be there at 11am so will see you there. Thanks.
Vivian O'GormanJun 2 2016, 12:59pmHi Folks -

This is the last reminder -

I know the weather is fantastic at the moment but this is Kerry and Carrauntoohil so please bring the kit requirement with you and also include suncream! We will decide on Saturday morning what to bring in the race.

BUT the Jacket is mandatory so you will be carrying that in the race anyway

Don't forget water

And finally don't forget to pre register BEFORE 6pm tomporrow - Friday

So see you all on Saturday...
Aileen BrightJun 2 2016, 3:04pmHi All,

Does anyone have any recommendations for camping near the race?

Thanks!!

Aileen
Michael McSweeneyJun 2 2016, 4:08pmAileen,
Nice campsite at Cronins Yard, and just a short warm-up jog across the mountains to the Brida Valley. :-) http://croninsyard.com/

Another option near by is Lough Acoose House. They have a campsite as well. http://www.kerryway.com/accommodation/glencar-bed-breakfast-lough-acoose-house.php
Conor MurphyJun 2 2016, 10:26pmNo idea what it's like for camping, buts they advertise camping and it's pretty much at the start line...

http://steppingstonebandb.com/indexm
Conor MurphyJun 2 2016, 10:27pmBut dear God being something for midges. They are eating us alive here in Kerry at the moment...
Aileen BrightJun 2 2016, 11:01pmThanks Michael & Conor.
Seán FoleyJun 3 2016, 3:41pmHi, I cant seem to find where to register on myimra. Any help please?
Vivian O'GormanJun 3 2016, 5:56pmSean - ring me - 0874150398
Paul V MitchellJun 4 2016, 4:45pmHi-

Would anyone have a GPX track of this route?
Or any decent running route up to the summit and back.

-Thanks
Becky QuinnJun 4 2016, 9:16pmNiamh, sorry to hear about you fall today, horrible to happen on such a nice day. Hope you feel better soon.
Barry MurrayJun 5 2016, 9:28amRace report up... what a day. the law of specificty !
Tim ChapmanJun 5 2016, 9:49amGreat report. Cant belive I have missed the chance to beat you when your struggling!
Niamh GarveyJun 5 2016, 2:03pmThanks a million, Becky. I am surviving! A daft but dramatic trip on the 'easy' part of the route….
Thanks so much to Noel Gavigan for his kindness, walking me off the mountain and for giving me the best can of Club Orange I have ever had in my life! Thanks to all the runners who offered to walk with me too. Thanks a million to Paul Nolan for his fantastic and very professional First Aid and advice. We managed to get to an emergency dentist in Killarney, along with the South Doc for the bust lip. Teeth got fixed so I'm not as frightening looking anymore. Medicinal Dingle gin also helped last night. I'm just taking it easy today and scaring the Slea Head tourists with my Rocky Balboa visage! :)
Mick HanneyJun 5 2016, 2:35pmFull and swift recovery Niamh.
Great report Barry. Practise makes perfect indeed in the case of Bernard. Well done all on a hot tough day.
Jason KehoeJun 5 2016, 6:00pmLooked like a great day in the photos. Well done Bernard Fortune! Long time coming and you can finally cross a line through it on your bucket list. A special race and win!
Vivian O'GormanJun 5 2016, 8:41pmHi Folks -

I am delighted to see that Niamh is alright and hopefully it won't take too long to get back..

Well done to Bernard and Linda on two great wins....

It was a fantastic day and if you were running as fast as I was there was just no time to look at the great views!!!

Thank you to ALL the volunteers particularly to Nora and Eoin for looking after the race reg and finish and to Paul who had a very busy time with the First Aid

Also again Eoin for doing RD and letting me run and Daniela who worked out the results - thanks to you all it was a lovely day...
Vivian O'GormanJun 5 2016, 9:01pmShould have said the results will be up in a few days...
Paul V MitchellJun 6 2016, 6:20amAnyone have a link to a Garmin upload of their run?
Aidan HoganJun 6 2016, 12:03pmPaul, see if this works:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1197682793
Paul V MitchellJun 6 2016, 5:29pmYa, working fine.
Thanks for that Aidan.
Daniela BoehmJun 6 2016, 11:44pmWhat an amazing race - especially after last year's wash-out! :) A big thank you to our race directors Vivian and Eoin! Vivian, I can't take any credit (or blame ;)) for the results - Eoin did those in his spare time waiting ;) Glad to hear you are on the mend after such an awful fall, Niamh, hopefully you'll be fully recovered soon! The odds are probably against us that we might get a day like this next year but nonetheless highly recommendable to anyone who missed it this time - the route, the views (if visible), the location are a true gem :)
Karen DevenneyJun 8 2016, 12:02amWell done to all who ran on Sat - what a fantastic weekend for it!
Results are up with a few exceptions (a few Munster numbers that I have no runner details for). Will hopefully be able to add these over the next couple of days. Any issues though, drop me a mail karen.devenney at imra dot ie