Irish Mountain
Running Association

Mountain Rescue Benefit Race

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Brendan LawlorAug 11 2016, 2:09pmTest
Brendan LawlorAug 11 2016, 2:13pmIf like me you are all still buzzing from last nights Downshill fun and frolics, theres one more Wednesday night outing left - the annual MR Benefit Race.

Please register for this race online - Race fee is €10 (donated to Mountain Rescue) - we will not be taking vouchers

We have enough volunteers and I'll post a further update in the next few days. We hope to have a junior course and an early start
Derek HunterAug 15 2016, 11:52pmHi, Just coming back from an injury and was hoping to do this race. The race description says no annual membership required if you haven't purchased this year. Unfortunately the online payment system insists on the purchase of annual membership when you go to pay. Can you advise. Thanks
Karen DevenneyAug 16 2016, 1:18amShould be ok now Derek if you try again
Apologies
Derek HunterAug 16 2016, 9:16amThanks Karen, Sorted !
Andrew HanneyAug 16 2016, 9:42amRecommend that marshals etc wear mossie replellent!
Ian ConroyAug 16 2016, 6:12pmHi, anyone else heading over from Northside or from City Centre? Thanks
Derek HunterAug 16 2016, 6:41pmHi Ian, I'll be heading from Nassau Street if that's any good. Not returning to centre though as I'll be heading out M3.
Jeff SwordsAug 16 2016, 7:20pmWhere on the north side Ian? I'll be heading from the Blanchardstown direction, which I suppose is more so west Dublin.
Paul O'GradyAug 16 2016, 8:15pmIan - I can collect you from the dart station. I've put the car up on the carpool.
Caroline ReidAug 16 2016, 8:48pmHi
Is registration closed? Can't see this race as an option to enter.
Many thanks
Caroline
Ian ConroyAug 16 2016, 10:15pmThanks Paul, I'll see you tomorrow so!
Connie DottinoAug 16 2016, 10:22pmHi. Just wondering why 2 punches on the voucher can't count as a tenner if all online payments go to the same account. Last year I was left with races that couldn't be carried into the following year. Mynter accepted vouchers for Carrauntoohil but not for Galtymore. What's the point in having a voucher if it doesn't save the pain of registering for individual races!
Karen DevenneyAug 16 2016, 10:32pmVouchers have never been accepted for entry to the charity races. Vouchers can be carried over to next year though so shouldn't go to waste
Connie DottinoAug 16 2016, 11:16pmHi Karen. I couldn't see the words to fill in the captcha field so had to start a new topic. I know vouchers haven't been accepted for charity races but I don't see why it's such a big deal to punch 2 holes. It all comes out of the same pot after all. One advantage of the voucher is supposed to be that if I'm not sure I can run till the day of the race I don't have to worry about registering before 6pm the day before. But never mind. Nothing personal. Thanks for replying.
Jeff SwordsAug 16 2016, 11:40pmNuts, forgot this was a pre reg race. Will there be a bucket on hand in which donations can be deposited if anyone swings by that's not running?
James CurranAug 17 2016, 8:25amI put my car up for car share. My number is 0876543312.
Brendan LawlorAug 17 2016, 8:40amAnyone who missed registration just come along - we'll have a donation bucket set up

Can all helpers please be at Reg around 6

Fingers crossed for the weather - dont forget your jackets and race numbers

See ya later!
Martin BagnallAug 17 2016, 8:48amCould the online race entry be extended like it was for the Kippure Handicap?
Connie DottinoAug 17 2016, 8:54amThanks a mil Brendan for organising the donation bucket.
Kevin O'RiordanAug 17 2016, 10:22amI see 4 spaces booked for my car on the website but only got emails from 3 people. If you booked and haven't gotten an email from me, let me know.

Kevin.
James H CahillAug 18 2016, 12:45amGreat race tonight, thank you Brendan and all the volunteers and Mountain Rescue. Whatever about running around in the rain, standing in it cannot have been any fun. Thank you all for a great run in the hills.
Brendan LawlorAug 18 2016, 10:06amBig thank you for all the support and help last night at the annual MR Benefit race - we raised over €1150 to assist with Mountain Rescue in the Dublin and Wicklow mountains.

Great to see Alice Clancy back running in the hills again after her nasty fall last year - she has great determination and the big smile on her face when she crossed the line said it all. I'll have competition next year down my end of the field, no doubt!

On yiz go to the Nav Challenges now and maybe Seamus's race will get the nod for Wednesday week

Thanks all again!
Brian O MurchuAug 18 2016, 3:02pmBrendan,

Did yesterdays winners wear their podium pants at the prizegiving?
Alice ClancyAug 18 2016, 6:14pmThanks Brendan and all the mountain rescue folks and volunteers!! It was A LOT of fun to be back!! Brendan, thanks for taking a chance and letting me take part!! It means so much to me, and particularly to start back in the mountain rescue race. I'm looking forward to battling it out with you next year in the LL!!
Derek HunterAug 21 2016, 9:37amHi, I don't appear in the results from what I can see. Number 1903 and reckoned about 40.25. Thanks Derek
Brian O MurchuAug 21 2016, 9:40amHi Derek,
You'll need to email the Results and Records Secretary Karen