Irish Mountain
Running Association

Howth Winter

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Ronan HickeyJan 4 2017, 9:11amGreetings Race Director!

I am down as a volunteer for the Howth race. I was just wondering, as I will have my 4 year old daughter as an extra volunteer with me could we possibly help at the Start of the race rather than marshalling etc.
Laura FlynnJan 4 2017, 10:08amThat shouldn't be a problem Ronan.You may need to remind the race director closer to the time.
Paul DunneJan 5 2017, 2:40pmHi, I have planned on making this my first race for IMRA. I've registered and set myself up but not sure what I do next? I see the race cost €7 Must I buy the €50 vouchers? Do I pick up my race number at the car park? Sorry I'm a bit lost!
Laura FlynnJan 5 2017, 3:20pmRegistration will open the week before the race Paul. You can either register on-line at a cost of €7 or buy a book of vouchers on-line, collect them on race day and use one for that race. You will collect your number and chip at your first race and hold onto them for the year.
Pól Ó MurchúJan 5 2017, 4:22pmRegistration is now open...
Pól Ó MurchúJan 5 2017, 4:22pmRegistration is now open...
Stephen RoeJan 5 2017, 5:25pmIts my first IMRA race also Paul, but I think you pick up the vouchers & register on day one (First Race)
Snjezana FrketicJan 5 2017, 8:32pmHi, I am new too.
How many vouchers is there in this 50€?
Karen DevenneyJan 5 2017, 8:35pmYou get 10 races for €50 so it works out cheaper than registering online for individual races. Vouchers can also be used for multiple runners in the one race
Karolina KomendantJan 5 2017, 10:21pmHi all, I just tried to purchase 7eur entry for Howth race. Unfortunately, I'm prompted to buy annual membership 2017, which I already paid for 10eur in December. Any tips? How to go around this? The 2017 membership appears in my purchase history.
Thanks in advance and I'm excited for he first race too :)
Pól Ó MurchúJan 5 2017, 11:02pmHi Karolina, If you drop me a mail pol.omurchu(@)IMRA.ie I will sort this for you.
Laura FlynnJan 6 2017, 1:57pmExcellent response for volunteers so far for Howth - thank you all so much. I might need a couple more to make sure were covered as it will be a busy one being the first of the year.

If anyone who has volunteered so far is very familiar with the route maybe you'd let me know and I will assign marshalling role to you. The reason being, the route is quite tricky with a few turns and a good few people went wrong last year. Therefore I need people at the turning points in high -vis jackets clearly indicating where runners are to go.
Philip DunneJan 6 2017, 9:57pmHi
I've set myself the challenge of getting into Hill running for 2017
I'm a complete noobie to this so pardon the questions but...

I want to run with my 16 yr old daughter. Does she require membership too?
Are their juvenile rates available?

Also since this is my first event I imagine I'll be struggling a bit to keep up the pace - How competitive are these events? Will I be laughed off the trail for crawling on my hand and knees?

And any advice on gear, prep, what to expect  etc would be greatly welcomed.
Laura FlynnJan 6 2017, 10:24pmHi Philip, you will find the answers to some of your questions on the "beginners" link on the bottom left of the home-page.
If you have a reasonable level of fitness you shouldn't have a difficulty completing the course. I would suggest you should be able to comfortably run 10k on the flat in under an hour though that's just my own tuppence worth and not an official IMRA view. A lot of beginners (and even some seasoned hill-runners ) often walk on the steeper sections.
As regards gear, I would recommend good trail shoes as the ground is invariably rough and can be rocky and slippy. There is a jacket rule for races whereby all runners must carry a water and wind-proof ( can be light-weight) jaclet in the race. Longer races have other equipment requirements which will be specified for the particular event.
All runners, including juniors, I must register with reduced rates for juniors and oaps.
Philip DunneJan 6 2017, 10:39pmThanks for the prompt reply and good advice.
I generally only run 6 to 8k on the flat but I do a lot of cycling - i know its not quite the same but i reckon that should help me push myself a bit further running in the hills.

Thanks again!
Leah BensonJan 7 2017, 12:41pmHi, I am new to IMRA and trying to purchase the Howth race, it is asking that I purchase annual membership before I can pay for the race but I have already purchased this and have a race number for 2017, could anyone advise please?
Many thanks,
Leah
Paul O'CallaghanJan 7 2017, 2:52pmHi Laura, I haven't run the route before but if you give me details of a junction or a grid ref you need marshaled I'll take a walk up tomorrow to familiarise myself with it for next week. ocallcon at Gmail dot com
Val JonesJan 7 2017, 3:10pmHi Laura
I put down for laptop operator but I'm pretty familiar with the route so I could mark and marshal if you can get someone else to do the laptop
Val
Pól Ó MurchúJan 7 2017, 3:46pmHi Leah,
What you actually purchased was a 2016 membership in December. 2017 wasn't open until January but there was some confusion over this so my mistake. I have reassigned you a number for 2017. You are number 200. Sorry about the inconvenience.
Laura FlynnJan 7 2017, 4:12pmThanks Val, I'd like to keep you on lap-top unless someone with a good bit of experience steps up instead. It's a busy race and you did a great job last year.
Paul, I've emailed Gerry Brady who's course marker and suggested he contacts you and do a recce tomorrow so will mail you with details and/or the grid references later today.
Laura FlynnJan 7 2017, 6:20pmI've just sent you a private message Paul if you could confirm you've received it I'd appreciate it.
Daniela BoehmJan 9 2017, 8:54amHi Laura and Val,
if it's any help, I could offer to do laptop for Howth if that would free Val up for route related roles...
You can reach me on boehm DOT dan AT gmail.com.
Daniela
Mary CollinsJan 9 2017, 7:11pmHi Laura
I am already listed as non running volunteer for Howth
I can marshal at event
Also I have helped Gerry to do race marking in past before event and helped demark
So you can put me wherever you like
Thanks, Mary Collins
Laura FlynnJan 9 2017, 8:51pmThanks for all the generous offers of help. Yes, Daniela , I'll take you up on offer to do lap-top and free Val up to help mark and Marshall. Mary, if you don't mind, maybe you could demark and I'll get someone else to help you. You don't need to come too early then.
Philip DunneJan 9 2017, 9:17pmHi Race Director

I'm new to the whole process so excuse my ignorance but....
I bought a book of Race Vouchers and want to redeem 2 of them for the Howth race on Sunday (1 for my daughter and the other for myself)

How do I do this?
I can only see the option to purchase an entry for €7

Thanks in advance
P
Laura FlynnJan 9 2017, 9:56pmHi Philip, just come along with the booklet and you can use two at registration and avoid the necessity of pre-registering. You do, of course , need to register both of you for the year.
Philip DunneJan 9 2017, 10:39pmThanks Laura

We are both registered.

Is the book of vouchers mailed out to me or is it online so I can print it out?

P
Christopher DunneJan 10 2017, 10:26amHi Pol
I bought a book of vouchers last year and didn't redeem any of them as I paid for all the LOD online last year. Can I collect my book of vouchers at Howth on Sunday?
Thanks
Chris
Laura FlynnJan 10 2017, 10:52amAbsolutely Chris. You may also be able to sell a few to other participants who haven't pre-registered.
Mary CollinsJan 10 2017, 2:19pmHi Laura
Thanks for your reply. Does Gerry have anyone to help mark course??-in past years 2 of us have gone with him aprox 90 mins before start race to do this.
Also the 2 that went with him also stayed out to be marshals.
I am happy to come early to do same- and as mentioned in my first forum message will then demark some of race course.
If I am only needed to demark,( which seems to be what you have stated in forum reply) I may as well run the race also.
Anyway, you can let me know--you may wish to check with Gerry as to what help he may need--unless he has already had this discussion with you.
Thanks for all your help with this event. Mary Collins
Laura FlynnJan 10 2017, 2:48pmPhilip, ypu collect voucher at the race on Sunday. Please bring your confirmation email.
Mary, I've asked Val and Paul to Marshall , on basis that two Marshalls are sufficient, and I will check this with Gerry, you can run race and demark if it's not too exhausting for you.
Val, can you meet Gerry and Paul at 9am also and you can go over course with them and see what needs to be done? If that's too early for you can you let me know and we can make alternative arrangement which should work if you're very familiar with the course.
Mary CollinsJan 10 2017, 5:05pmThanks Laura
Ok then, if I am only needed to demark course then I will change my status on page to a running volunteer, rather than non running volunteer.
You can let me know if any changes and you wish me to revert to a non running volunteer at any stage.
Thanks, Mary Collins
Laura FlynnJan 10 2017, 5:31pmThanks Mary.
I'm delighted to report that I have enough volunteers now, I will allocate roles in next few days so keep an eye out or posts.
Laura FlynnJan 10 2017, 5:57pmMary, just when I posted that Gerry replied and recommended we have more marshalls. Can I ask you therefore to step back in in marshalling role. If you could take charge of the point at the top of Deerpark where I believe in the past you have stood. It's an important one as you will be getting the runners in the way out and the way back.
As you're familiar with the route and junction you don't need to arrive until later. 10.30 should be ok but just check in with me so I know you've gone out. I will get someone else to demark.
Apologies for all the chopping and changing and thanks in advance.
Mary CollinsJan 10 2017, 6:35pmHi Laura, Thats all perfectly fine. Will change status back to non running volunteer. I can easily marshall at top Deerpark--I know that spot well.
Also it is easy for me to then demark at end on my way back--I did a circular route back last year to club house and demarked about half course.
Let me know if things change again and I am needed to turn up earlier to help mark course or anything else. Thanks, Mary Collins
Philip DunneJan 10 2017, 7:27pmThanks Laura
See. u Sunday!
P
Trevor Woods1Jan 11 2017, 12:45amHi Laura! What time do you want me at Deerpark to mark the course? I can demark after as well if required.
Laura FlynnJan 11 2017, 9:33amGerry Brady is the main course marker Trevor as he's done it in previous years and has already done a couple of recces. Val and Paul are going to meet him at 9am and help him mark the course and stay out as marshalls. Mary Collins is also going to Marshall and demark the course. I could do with another Marshall so could I ask you to do this and to demark. Mary is arriving around 10.30 am so if you want to link up with her at that time and she can give you directions and you can help her to demark if that suits.
Barry McCormackJan 11 2017, 10:39amIs there a specific IMRA jacket or will any jacket suffice? I see it is important to finish with a jacket. Sorry - my first race this Sunday and don't want a DNF!! Thanks Barry
Trevor Woods1Jan 11 2017, 12:16pmHi Laura! I was hoping to run, Howth is my local course & I've been over it several times in the past few weeks. Can I do anything else to help out before the run and then run?
Alan AylingJan 11 2017, 8:54pmBarry Mc - any jacket really, provided it's at a minimum windproof. Mostly people use a lightweight running or cycling jacket. Doesn't have to be worn - you can carry it. With that in mind, one that folds up into a pouch and can be worn with a waist strap is ideal.
The rule was brought in for safety a few years ago - anyone getting injured or having to help an injured runner in any sort of remote location would be very glad of a jacket.
Barry McCormackJan 12 2017, 8:33amThanks for your reply Alan - see you Sunday.
Ian HarrisonJan 12 2017, 3:33pmHi all! It's my first race on Sunday, just wondering will I get away with road runners for it? As I haven't bought trail runners yet. It says in the beginners section that it's ok to show up at a league race with whatever shoes you have, but just wanted to double check here. Thanks
Laura FlynnJan 12 2017, 5:27pmHi Ian, IMRA's general philosophy is that runners must take primary responsibility for their own safety. This extends to the clothing and shoes that they choose to wear unless the race director prescribes something particular.
For Sunday's race running shoes should be fine. Gerry has reported that the route is overgrown and rough underfoot bit it's certainly not hugely difficult or challenging terrain like some races later in the season. Ultimately though the decision is yours to make.
If you decide to invest in trail running shoes after Sunday there are some useful posts on the forum which should help you in deciding what shoe to go for.
Aidan O'DonoghueJan 12 2017, 5:59pmGetting to the car park on foot...you turn right when you come out of DART station and then left? Just trying to figure it out from Google Maps.
Aidan O'DonoghueJan 12 2017, 5:59pmGetting to the car park on foot...you turn right when you come out of DART station and then left? Just trying to figure it out from Google Maps.
Laura FlynnJan 12 2017, 7:48pmI would be grateful if all runners and volunteers would please read this post so that everyone understands the system and hopefully it will help things to run smoothly:

1. When runners come into the registrar area they will be directed to either the pre-registration table, if they have registered on line or the pay-with -voucher table if they have not.

2. At those table they will sign in for the race. This is an important cross-checking tool for us as it tells us who actually started the race as opposed to registering but not taking part.

3. At the voucher table you will have the voucher punched once per entry, so if you're paying for another runner you will have it punched twice. You can also collect new vouchers here which you have bought online but please bring your confirmation email.

4. You will then go to the numbers' table and collect your 2017 number which you will keep for the year. Please bring and check your acknowledgement email to ensure you collect the correct number. It's very easy to get , say, 147 mixed up with 174 and this can cause huge headaches for us in sorting out the results.

5 you then go to the chip table and collect your new timing chip which, again, you will keep for the year.

6. Please fill out your contact details on the reverse of your number.

7. We will do our best to ensure the race starts promptly at 11. Registration will open at 9.45 and volunteers should report at 9.30. Please let me know when you arrive.

The race markers will head out at 9. Please bring high-via jackets if you have them as I cannot currently locate the IMRA jackets.

I have allocated the following volunteer roles and if anyone has any difficulty please let me know:

Car-parking - Paul Morrissey ( can you bring a high-via jacket Paul and please make sure cars don't park on the course route. Also be sensitive to the golfers as some weren't too happy with us being there last year)

Greeting runners - Karen

Pre-Reg table - David and Lindsay

Voucher table - Matthew and Orla

Numbers table - Tim, Ronan and Tina

Chip table - Pól and Jeff

Finish Chute , recording numbers - orla, Jacqui, David and Tim.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday and to another great year of hill-running!
If I've forgotten anything or made any mistakes feel free to let me know.
Gerry BradyJan 12 2017, 8:51pmTo get there from the DART station, turn right towards Sutton and then take the entrance on the left into Deerpark and Howth Castle. Registration is at the top of the driveway. There is plenty of car parking on the seafront and this would reduce our impact on parking for golfers and walkers.

The descents are very slippy with lots of small rocks and opportunities to break your ankles - be very careful.

The race may start on the driveway around 100m below the car park if Laura obtains permission.
Jakub AdamiakJan 13 2017, 1:14amHi. Can I still register for this race? I cannot see any option for that on the event page.
John DoranJan 13 2017, 10:13amHi guys I'm struggling to find where to register for the race, is it full or could someone show me where to register?
Thanks.
Jonathan DolanJan 13 2017, 10:19amHi is online registration still open
Laura FlynnJan 13 2017, 10:22amI'm looking into this and will post shortly
Alan KinsellaJan 13 2017, 10:51amHi Pol, i submitted my membership just before the powerscourt ridge race in nov 2016. Do i have to register again for 2017? thanks Alan.
Pól Ó MurchúJan 13 2017, 1:01pmHi Alan, Yes membership runs from January to December.
Alan KinsellaJan 13 2017, 2:24pmThanks Pol , ive submitted the membership. where is the link to register for the howth race ? the only option now in my products is for the book of vouchers.
Michelle FurlongJan 13 2017, 2:57pmI was just wondering if there was any update on the registration? Is it still possible to register?
Elio MacukaJan 13 2017, 3:07pmHi, this is my first race with the IMRA!is possible to after finishing a 6 km, to make another loop?
Laura FlynnJan 13 2017, 3:46pmApologies everyone,registration open again for Howth until tomorrow evening. If you miss this and have annual membership you can still use a voucher on Sunday.

Elio, sorry but I don't understand your question!?
Elio MacukaJan 13 2017, 3:52pmWanted to ask if is possible after finishing the 5.71 km , to go again on the same route to do some 12 km for a day :) silly question :D
Laura FlynnJan 13 2017, 4:01pmPeople would often run a couple of km as a cool-down so that shouldn't be a problem. However, as the route will have been demarked or will be in the process of being de- marked you will be doing this at your own risk and this would not be part of the IMRA event.
Jim FitzharrisJan 13 2017, 4:01pmHi Laura,

Given that we are using indoor rooms at the Deer Park Golf Club, I presume that the usual strictures about not wearing mucky runners in the club house applies!

Really looking forward to Sunday and you deserve praise & thanks for going to so much trouble to organise the first race of 2017.

Cheers,

Jim.
Rodrigo MesquitaJan 13 2017, 4:04pmI'll go on that second tour with Elio! :D
Laura FlynnJan 13 2017, 4:04pmGood point Jim. Yes please everyone , no mucky runners indoors.
Thanks for the kind words. I got the benefit of other people's volunteering for many years so am more than happy to give a bit back!
Elio MacukaJan 13 2017, 4:07pmThank you Laura :)
Rodrigo MesquitaJan 13 2017, 4:09pmHi Laura,

Is 11:00a.m. when we let off? What time is it recommended for us to get there?

Thanks!

Rodrigo
Rodrigo MesquitaJan 13 2017, 4:09pmHi Laura,

Is 11:00a.m. when we let off? What time is it recommended for us to get there?

Thanks!

Rodrigo
Alan KinsellaJan 13 2017, 4:19pm"Apologies everyone,registration open again for Howth until tomorrow evening. If you miss this and have annual membership you can still use a voucher on Sunday."

Got sorted now Laura, thanks for the prompt reply
Laura FlynnJan 13 2017, 4:27pmThe race starts at 11 Rodrigo and registration opens at 9.45 and will close at 10.45 so be there before that time
Rodrigo MesquitaJan 13 2017, 4:39pmThanks for the info, much appreciated!
Rodrigo MesquitaJan 13 2017, 4:39pmThanks for the info, much appreciated!
Laura FlynnJan 13 2017, 6:46pmI've just lost one volunteer so would be grateful if someone would step up .
I would be asking you to take charge of parking but if that didn't suit I can make a change.
Laura FlynnJan 13 2017, 8:04pmI have you on the pre-Reg table David but I'll change you to parking and thanks fior the offer ... I hope it's not too cold. I'll need another volunteer for the pre- Reg table. This person should be able to run as well if they wish.

It's an easy job- you just need to make sure that all runners who have registered for the race online sign the sign- in sheet... legibly... and then direct them to the numbers' table.
Michael KirwanJan 14 2017, 11:40amIs registration still open??
Jeff SwordsJan 14 2017, 11:53amLaura, if you're still looking for that volunteer I can do it and be a non runner too if you need a hand elsewhere.
Gordon PlaceJan 14 2017, 11:54amHi Laura, I can do the pre registration (and run) if you are still stuck
Gordon
Jean O'NeillJan 14 2017, 12:39pmI have FINALLY solved my problem with MyImra password, so can write on this forum! How do I enter for tomorrow's race? When I click on 'Purchase IMRA products, a registration fee of 5euro comes up-and also vouchers for 50-but I just want to enter one race for the moment as I have been injured. How do I do this? I have looked on the race page but cannot find anywhere to enter for the race. Can I confirm that entry fee is 4 per race for over 65--I am 71.Thanks.
Laura FlynnJan 14 2017, 12:40pmYes thanks Jeff and Gordön , I'll take you both up on your offers,. Gordön if you can do the pre-Reg table and Jeff if you can take Karen's place greeting runners as they come in and directing them to the correct table i.e. Either pre-Reg or voucher. I'm hoping most people will have read my directions above and will know what the system is themselves, otherwise you may need to be quite vocal.
Jeff SwordsJan 14 2017, 12:51pmSee you in the morning so Laura.
Gordon PlaceJan 14 2017, 12:54pmGrand, see you in the morning
James SkehanJan 14 2017, 1:22pmJean o Neill,
At 71 years young the IMRA should be paying you for your appearance at a race. Massive Kudos to you. That's inspirational and motivational stuff. I'm sorry I don't have a answer to your question I'm a newbie myself.
alan hallJan 14 2017, 2:10pmWas wondering if registration was open today myself. If not, is there somebody is willing to sell one their tickets from the 50€ bundle I would gladly pay full price. Wasn't sure if I'd b available for the race or not.
Tim ChapmanJan 14 2017, 2:42pmAlan/Joan as far as I'm aware pre reg had closed. I will have a book with some vouchers I'll be doing one of the Marshall jobs at the start give me a shout.
Karen DevenneyJan 14 2017, 3:10pmApologies guys, registration is back open now. It will close later this evening
alan hallJan 14 2017, 3:11pmHi Tim,
Thanks for the offer. It looks like pre reg is open again for the time being anyway. I've paid now.
Thanks again
-Alan
Jean O'NeillJan 14 2017, 3:40pmI have now successfully registered for the year and entered for tomorrow's race. Thanks you Gerry Brady!
Daniel BarryJan 14 2017, 6:03pmI cannot put hands on my race number from last year. Will I be issued a new one tomorrow in Howth? Apologies for the last minute inquiry
Karen DevenneyJan 14 2017, 6:29pmRegistration for this event has now closed.

Daniel, when you registered for 2017 you would have been assigned a new race number which you collect at your first event
Eileen YoungJan 14 2017, 7:08pmHi I am trying to register for 2017 for a number but there are no options to register I was planning on running tomorrow. Am I too late?
Louise HeraghtyJan 14 2017, 7:58pmHi there, I signed up for yearly membership today & a friend has offered to sell me one of his vouchers before race tomorrow.
Will this be ok? Cheers
Laura FlynnJan 14 2017, 8:01pmEileen, if you haven't managed to register for 2017 you won't be able to run the Howth race tomorrow unfortunately.
Louise, yes you can use your friend's voucher.
Laura FlynnJan 14 2017, 8:06pmAs an aside and apropos James' comment on Jean O'Neill, you can read more about Jean's long and impressive athletics career in Michael Gygax's excellent book on masters' athletics:- A Golden Era.
Eileen YoungJan 14 2017, 8:09pmGutted that I can't run
Louise HeraghtyJan 14 2017, 9:12pmCheers Laura
Paul O'GradyJan 14 2017, 9:23pmFolks, if anyone wants a lift, I'm leaving Blackrock at 10am and passing through: Blackrock, Booterstown Dart station, City centre, Clontarf. I've put my car up on the carpool page.
Tim MurphyJan 14 2017, 9:51pmEileen, I have bought a book of vouchers for collection tomorrow. You can have one of these. I suspect that many people will have spare vouchers that they would be happy to sell.
Naoise O GibneJan 15 2017, 1:46pmHi Laura sorry about today, had thought I could register at the race should have checked properly.
Is there any chance my time and position could be counted if I get a race voucher?
Regards
Naoise
Laura FlynnJan 15 2017, 2:58pmHi Naoise, it was nice to meet with you and your dad today and I'm sorry we couldn't accommodate you. Unfortunately, for the same reason you couldn't compete in today's race, it won't be possible to include any of your details in the results.
Paul O'GradyJan 15 2017, 3:42pmThank you very much Laura and all the volunteers for a fantastic race and a great start to the season. Thank you for giving up your race so that others could have theirs.

I haven't seen a field that big outside of a summer league race.
Laura FlynnJan 15 2017, 4:02pmThanks again to the great team of volunteers that helped today's race go off so smoothly.. The short delay at the start was down to the new chip system as we had to set it up at the finish before making our way to the start. Thanks also to the Howth Estate for the use of their facilities. Apologies to Niamh O'Boyle who finished second female but, for some reason we missed her in the results.. And finally, I'd like to wish Niam Garvey a speedy recovery from her unfortunate fall.
See you all at Hellfire....don't forget your numbers and chips!!
Karen DevenneyJan 15 2017, 4:23pmWell done to Laura and co for a great start to the 2017 season! Apologies for the delay today, the new chip system is still a work in progress but we'll hopefully have it running like clockwork in the next few weeks.

Results are up now, please email me at karen.devenney at imra dot ie

See you all at Hellfire
Philip DunneJan 15 2017, 5:57pmMy first IMRA event today and hats off to the organisers and volunteers for a smoothly run, safe and very enjoyable event

Here's to many more over the coming months
Niamh GarveyJan 15 2017, 9:40pmThanks a million to Lindsey, Tina and Anita for their First Aid work after my ridiculous fall today. I really appreciated it. Great care and even a lovely cup of tea! Leg is all stitched up and the pain killers are starting to kick in! The doc insisted that I take a week off work so I feel obliged to take his advice :)!
Thanks a million Laura, also. A very enjoyable and well organised start of year race. I'll be back......
Laura FlynnJan 15 2017, 9:53pmDelighted to hear you're ok Niamh . Enjoy the rest and hope to see you back running soon.
Peter O'FarrellJan 16 2017, 8:29amThanks to Laura and all the volunteers for a super event. Golf club plushness has set a high standard for registration!
Paul GrantJan 16 2017, 10:48amThanks to all the volunteers yesterday and especially the race director. It was really well organised, well marked and loads of marshals out on the course. Thanks for all the good work, must have been tough with the big turn out and bedding in the timing chip system. It was a great first race of the year.
Jim FitzharrisJan 16 2017, 12:35pmHi all,

A big thanks to Laura and her extensive team of trusty volunteers for taking the time and trouble to organise an excellent race yesterday.

It was quite a feat given the huge numbers (an IMRA record for here?), it being first race of 2017 with new numbers, vouchers, etc., allied to which it was the major roll-out of the new chip system.

From what I saw, it all ran very smoothly so well done, one and all: you allowed the rest of us to have a great morning out.

Cheers,

Jim.
Conor O'KeeffeJan 16 2017, 10:54pmHi all, would just like to thank the volunteers for a great race and recognize Gerard Heery who finished in second place for being such an honorable sportsman. After myself and Gerard took a wrong turn towards the end of the race Gerard was able to move ahead into first place, not wanting to win under such circumstances Gerard physically stopped as to intentionally move back into second place as before the wrong turn. I think this was an incredible act of good sportsmanship and just wanted to more publically thank and recognize him for it.

Cheers
Conor
Liam CannonJan 19 2017, 8:56amRe: previous post from Conor - fair play Ger. That's the kind of spirit IMRA's all about.

Any sign of any photos being uploaded? I think I noticed a couple of photographers along the course on Sunday.

Should have a race report up in the next few days. I decided I'd do my best to write a report for every race I do this year.
Liam CannonJan 19 2017, 8:57amOh and many thanks to race director and volunteers for a very smoothly run event, despite a possible all-time record turnout for IMRA.
Mike JordanJan 19 2017, 12:12pmGreat sportsmanship from Gerard! Proud to see that honour and respect for your competitors outrank everything else in IMRA races. Thanks for highlighting this Conor!
Laura FlynnJan 19 2017, 6:17pmNice story of sportsmanship alright and thanks for sharing it Conor.
Laura FlynnFeb 22 2017, 6:34pmThere were a few prize winners at this event who didn't get their prize as we didn't have enough vouchers. If they can mail me directly at my IMRA email address I will arrange to post out.
laura.flynn@imra.ie