Irish Mountain
Running Association

Ballinastoe

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
John FitzgeraldJun 23 2017, 12:05amTEST
John FitzgeraldJun 23 2017, 12:12amHi all.Coming up on wednesday week the longest of the summer league races in Ballinastoe.We need a few more volunteers,course marshalls and especially RACE MARKERS.
John FitzgeraldJun 28 2017, 4:26pmWe urgently need race markers and a few more volunteers for this race next wednesday.Thanks to all who have volunteered so far.
Laura FlynnJun 29 2017, 4:13pmCan someone or two people please put their hands up to mark this course. John has already made two appeals with no response. It's an onerous enough task to race direct so please help him out here.
Having said that it's tricky course so the race marker needs to be someone who knows it well.
John FitzgeraldJun 30 2017, 10:01amMany thanks Eoin for stepping forward to mark this course.If anybody else would like to help with the marking it would be much appreciated.
Caoimhin MacMaolainJun 30 2017, 10:32amIf Eoin knows the course then I will gladly give him a hand to mark next Wednesday.
John FitzgeraldJun 30 2017, 11:43pmThanks to all who have volunteered for Ballinastoe.
I have enough helpers now.
There are several more races over the coming weeks to volunteer for.I appreciate all the support very much.
Ger PowerJul 1 2017, 5:27pmIn the interest of health and safety I would appreciate it if the early start is no later than 7pm as there is a narrow earth bank before the river crossing where it is difficult to make room for the lead runners to over take. Enough time should be allocated to ensure that all the early starters are passed this point before over taken by the course leaders.
Ian O'KaneJul 3 2017, 10:56amSorry but I had to drop out of volunteering due to travelling with my work.
John FitzgeraldJul 3 2017, 11:33amThanks for letting me know Ian.
John CondonJul 3 2017, 11:42amHi John,

I have all the RD kit from the weekend. Can you contact me for handover?
Zero 8 six 609 2316

Thanks
John
Laura FlynnJul 3 2017, 1:08pmCan you take the kit after Ballinastoe John and I will call to you at your work place in Killiney Thurs or Fri to collect?
I think you have my number but let me know if not.
Vivian O'GormanJul 3 2017, 1:16pmHi Laura,

All the race gear is being collected by Eoin Syron on Wednesday for the Connaught Championship at the weekend. So he will give you a shout on Monday about the collection of same for Bray.
Laura FlynnJul 3 2017, 1:20pmPerfect. Thanks Vivian
Pat FoleyJul 3 2017, 8:55pmHi, jellies at the finish line were a great hit at a recent Wednesday night race. I have a bucket of jellies I can leave at registration on Wednesday.
John FitzgeraldJul 3 2017, 9:43pmSounds great Pat -bring the jellies along.Many thanks.

John FitzgeraldJul 3 2017, 11:10pmOnline entry will close tomorrow tuesday at 6pm.

Parking will be available at Ballinastoe Golf Club
at a charge of 3 euro per car.No parking permitted on the road.
Early start at 7 o clock sharp for those of more than 160% of winning time.
There will be a junior option.
Don't forget your chip,number,your Jacket and your voucher.Will be checking for jackets at the finish.
No headphones are allowed.
Can all volunteers be at registration by 6 o clock and i will give you your duties then.
Elio MacukaJul 4 2017, 10:58amHy would like to ask is somebody is able to give a lift from the Race to Dublin City Center after the race? tnx
Garry DoyleJul 4 2017, 11:03amhi , i am helping int he race tomorrow night and just wondering what time you will need there for .
thanks
Vivian O'GormanJul 4 2017, 11:09amGarry - Johns note above says to be there at 6 when he will give you your duties...
Garry DoyleJul 4 2017, 11:42amah perfect thanks, not sure how i missed that.
thanks
Laura FlannellyJul 5 2017, 8:30amHi John,

I don't have a car so will get a lift with one of the runners. It will probably be after 6pm before I get there to volunteer. Hope taht's ok.

Laura
David CoffeyJul 5 2017, 9:01amTo Elio Macuka, regarding your request for lift to city centre after race-I will be driving by St Stephens Green and up Kevin St and James's street if that is any good to you ? If so, just book car space with me on Carpool, cheers
John FitzgeraldJul 5 2017, 10:59amThanks for letting me know Laura.
Tomeu ParetsJul 5 2017, 1:43pmHello,
Could we book this afternoon? What time will finish the book time?
John FitzgeraldJul 5 2017, 2:40pmTomeu, assumming you have annual membership for 2017
you are good to run tonight if you have a voucher.
If not you may be able to get a voucher stamp from another member.Registration open from 6.15. to 7.15.John.
Tomeu ParetsJul 5 2017, 3:06pmWe are a mallorcan family , we are staying in Wicklow three weeks . My wife and me are trail runners in Mallorca and we would like to do any race in the Irish mountains. Could we run this race? And could our children wait us there during the race ? They are 12, 10 and 6 years old.
Thanks
John FitzgeraldJul 5 2017, 3:28pmHi tomeu.To run our race tonight you need to be
a member of I.M.R.A.for 2017.
The Wicklow mountains is a fantastic place for trail running.
Hope you all enjoy your holiday.
Tomeu ParetsJul 5 2017, 3:49pmWhat a shame
Have we any possibility to do a trail race if we don't be IMRA?
Excuse me and thank so much
Gordon PlaceJul 5 2017, 4:17pmHi Tomeu,
Without membership it is not possible to run this evening's race. Membership will be available for purchase again tomorrow and there are a few other IMRA races coming up in the event list that you may be able to fit in during your stay.
There will be volunteers around during the races but I am not sure they would take responsibility for minding your children as they will be busy taking results, first aid, carparking etc.
There may be other non IMRA Trail races that you can just pay to enter but I am not aware of any, unless anyone else has suggestions?
Elio MacukaJul 5 2017, 4:27pmFestival of Running 2017, for Wicklow Hospice Foundation...4 days running festival, and is this weekend :)
Rene BorgJul 5 2017, 6:21pmUnofficial team results as they look ahead of today's penultimate event:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2keevq9u9m5bxn0/LLOverall2017.pdf?dl=0

Crusaders, Sli Cualann and Glendalough (in that order) sit on the top-3 but Rathfarnham could gatecrash the medals if they can get rid of the 160 score they carry from Scalp. Crusaders 83 point lead would an enormous upset for Sli Cualann to catch back whereas Glendalough can advance to 2nd if they can get rid of a poor 126 score from Scarr.

In the women's Le Cheile lead Setanta and Rathfarnham and do not look likely to be dislodged.
Pádraig DoyleJul 5 2017, 11:47pmThanks very to the canny egg who spotted my truant car key at the finish line. Long life and good health to you. May you win money on the prizebonds. Twould have been a sorry walk home.

Fair play to John and Squadron for a great race (impeccably described ;) ).

Thanks
P.
John CondonJul 6 2017, 12:41amMany thanks to John and volunteers for putting on a great race tonight. Kudos to Eoin for marking what can only be described as a route of Byzantine proportions. Cheers
Andrew HanneyJul 6 2017, 7:57amThanks all for a great race at Ballinastoe, I guess that only a select amount of people have the guile, knowhow mixed with good fortune to mark that course. Fair play to you for giving us a bit of everything.
Brendan LawlorJul 6 2017, 8:43amWhat a great race ! Every single underfoot condition we run in represented (including the few swamps !), plus Game of Thrones had nothing on some of those foresty bits.

Thank you John, Thank you Eoin, Thank you all volunteers
Barry MurrayJul 6 2017, 10:43amrace report up - thanks John and co
James H CahillJul 6 2017, 2:35pmThank you John and all of your volunteers for a great route and run in the hills last night. The Paul Mahon Epic route has had a sizeable dollop of the Syron Special Sadism Sauce added. I'm not sure if this is now a mountain race or an obstacle course, but in any case it was great fun.....I'm still extricating mud and thorns! Great evening. Thank you all.
Michael McCarthy81Jul 6 2017, 5:26pmEasily the most enjoyable route of the lot so far this summer that i've done. had everything!!
Thanks to everyone! Well organised!!
Ken CowleyJul 6 2017, 6:01pmWell done to volunteers, the RD and course-markers for another stunning edition of the Ballinastoe race. It's like a 'greatest hits' of Leinster League IMRA running! Followed by a nice dip in a lake near Roundwood, or possibly it was a reservoir.. not sure, it was nice and cool anyway and did wonders for my exhausted, grazed and muddy legs..
Mikey FryJul 6 2017, 6:54pmWell done crew race report up.....
John FitzgeraldJul 6 2017, 7:14pmI sincerely hope you all enjoyed the
Ballinastoe race last night.
Thank you Eoin for marking a much talked about course,
Caoimhin for de-marking,Martin and Andy on laptop,
Paul on first aid,course marshals and to all my excellent volunteers-i really appreciate your great work last night.

John.
Sonya McConnonJul 8 2017, 5:25pmHi John.just looking at the results.there seems to be 2 female early starters in the results which is sqewing the overall results.i was first lady home on Wednesday or so I thought!could you look at them?thanks for a great race.
Rene BorgJul 9 2017, 11:54amClub results from Ballinastoe: Glendalough AC home first with 42 points ahead of Crusaders with 58. This moved Glendalough to 2nd in the table and within 48 points of Crusaders ahead of the last round. Glendalough would need a score of 23 to win the league IF Crusaders do not improve on their worst counter (44) – meaning the team honours is almost a certainty for Crusaders. Sli Cualann in third are carrying a ‘heavy’ 80 and could catch Glendalough by putting a 33 on the board. Rathfarnham can break into third spot by scoring 59 or lower if Sli Cualann fail to improve their points score as they are carrying a 160 score from Scalp.

In the women’s Le Cheile are 17 and 28 ahead of Setanta and Rathfarnham. Setanta will need a 14 score to improve their tally and win whereas Rathfarnham can take the title with a 37 score or lower – something they have already achieved 4 out of 5 times this season.

So all to play for at Bray Head.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2keevq9u9m5bxn0/LLOverall2017.pdf?dl=0
John FitzgeraldJul 10 2017, 12:04pmHi Sonya,well done on wed and i hope
you enjoyed the race.You are correct
and i will be in contact with Karen
to rectify.
Laura KedneyJul 12 2017, 12:08pmHi John,
Yes i am one of the early starters who is positioned at first place.....i got quite a surprise bu interested to know my real time place!!
Thanks