Irish Mountain
Running Association

Trials for Europeans and Worlds - Donard

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Leo MahonApr 9 2017, 5:49amRegistration is now open.You have to have a race number to get that you must register with IMRA first.Then enter through the Newcastle AC website
www.newcastleac.org any queries you can contact me Leo Mahon 0868135994
Leo MahonApr 9 2017, 6:05amTrial race for World and European championship Slieve Donard
Adrian Tucker RIPApr 9 2017, 7:09pmRoute Map has now been added to Photo's section of the Event Page.
Brief description of Route:
Starts and Finishes on Main Street / Seafront in Newcastle Co Down.
Route heads into Donard Park from the Main Street and follows a marked course through the forest to lead onto the Tourist Trail that travels along the Northwestern side of Slieve Donard. The Tourist Trail goes all the way to the Mourne Wall.
A Checkpoint will be located close to the wall at the base of Slieve Donard. From the checkpoint turn left (East) and follow the wall all the way to the top where the Great Carn is located.(Marshalled)
Turn at the Carn and follow the same route descending along the side of the wall all the way back to the Start line, making sure to check in again at the checkpoint close to the wall at the base of Slieve Donard.

Trial for the European Selection is an UP only Route.
Trial for the World's Selection is an UP and Down route.
Robert MalseedMay 12 2017, 2:56pmI am looking to thumb a lift from Swords, co. Dublin to the event and back again on the day.,if anyone could oblige I will be eternally grateful and tip in for petrol. Rob
John ShielsMay 12 2017, 3:30pmIf one is "only" doing this as an Irish champ race, do we have to register on the Newcastle ac site or can we just rock up register on the day?
Declan MageeMay 17 2017, 9:54pmJohn
Yes you are still required to register with Newcastle AC Registration is free Payment on the day of race. You will get a race number which has a barcode printed on it. This will be scanned at the summit and finish. This gives fast access to results ascent and descent times category winners etc.
Michael McCarthy81May 18 2017, 6:03pmHi Robert,
i should be driving up and down on the same day.
Send us a message 0899835658
Michael
Robert MalseedMay 18 2017, 6:41pmHi Michael, thanks for the offer but unfortunately I am unable to go due to a niggling injury, which I cannot risk it. I was going fabulously well and looking forward to it, but a dog went for me whilst training a few weeks back which twinged my hamstring and as I was favouring that leg I developed patella tendonitis in my other leg. Hopefully I be back in fine fettle by the Masters in September. Hope you will go great and give it some welly.
John BellMay 18 2017, 10:50pmI've added my details to the car pool if anyone wants a lift? Leaving Greystones at 10 and going via M50.
Rene BorgMay 20 2017, 10:39pmProvisional results up: https://view.officeapps.live.com/op/view.aspx?src=http://www.newcastleac.org/wp-content/uploads/Slieve-Donard-Provisional-2017.xlsx

An impressive field both in size (258) and depth of talent assembled up there.