Irish Mountain
Running Association

Glen of the Downs

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Yvonne BrennanApr 21 2018, 5:58pmJust wondering if you had any luck sorting out an U16 - Junior route. We’ve a group of kids from Glendalough AC who love to finish off the Trail League. I usually run with the kids but if necessary I’d be able to help with Marshalling. Thanks, Yvonne
Caoimhin MacMaolainApr 21 2018, 8:42pmHI Yvonne. There will definitely be an under 16 short course on Wednesday night. The under 16s will race at 7.25.
Yvonne BrennanApr 22 2018, 9:56amThank you. That’s great news.
Caoimhin MacMaolainApr 23 2018, 6:21pmThe under 16s short course route on Wednesday evening leaves the main route at junction D on the map on the event page (short goes right at this junction, long goes left - clearly signposted and marshalled). These juniors then run straight down the trail to point I on the map, where they rejoin the main route, back up to the ruins and down the track to the finish.
Caoimhin MacMaolainApr 23 2018, 6:56pmThanks very much to all who have volunteered to organise this race on Wednesday evening. I think that we are covered for all roles now.
Caoimhin MacMaolainApr 24 2018, 11:03amAngela and Paul have organised a car-pooling car park to the race start for tomorrow night. If possible, please drive to the car park beside the 1916 memorial in Kilmacanogue and pool from there as parking at the race start is tight. When heading south on the N11, come off for Kilmacanogue, cross the bridge - as if heading towards Pluck's - and the car park is on the right just before the roundabout on the R755. Angela and Paul will be directing cars here. It is a 2 minute drive from here to the start. Car park will close at 9.30.
Michael McMahonApr 25 2018, 10:43amHi, I have just joined IMRA for the current year. Do I get my race number at the start?
Mick HanneyApr 25 2018, 10:47amYes Michael. Caoimhin's crew will sort you out.
Michael McMahonApr 25 2018, 11:19amGreat, thanks!
Michael McMahonApr 25 2018, 11:19amGreat, thanks!
Mikey FryApr 25 2018, 10:01pmThanks CAOIMHIN and crew for a super good race one of my favourites!!!!!
Sorry I was lying:) still good fun on the trails roll on mountains....
Don’t eat to much chocolate in the pub lads:)
Brian KitsonApr 26 2018, 8:27amGreat work and many thanks to Caoimhin and the team. I appreciate all your efforts putting on a great race.
James ClancyApr 26 2018, 9:17amWell done Caoimhin and his team for an amazing race last night so well organised, thanks a mil!!!
Henny BrandsmaApr 26 2018, 9:42amHi Caoimhin,great race last night well done to you and your team of volunteers,after checking the results I got a very flattering 51.28 but should have been 56.23,not that it's makes must difference to the end result, but I don't like cheating.
Hem y.
Caoimhin MacMaolainApr 26 2018, 9:42amThanks very much to all of the volunteers who helped out at the race last night. Everyone got stuck into their roles, making this an easy one to RD. I really appreciated the high levels of enthusiasm and willingness of all involved.
Laura FlynnApr 26 2018, 11:03amThanks and well done to you and all your team Caoimhin. It was a great night out and a fabulous course plus you really raised the bar for future RDs with your beautifully wrapped spot prizes!
Brendan LawlorApr 26 2018, 1:05pmWell done Caoimhin and team ! Only 13 days to go to the start of the Leinster League - woo hoo!
Mary CollinsApr 26 2018, 5:31pmThanks Caoimhin and all your volunteers for race event last night and all the background work. Much appreciated
Mary Collins
Mary CollinsApr 26 2018, 5:31pmThanks Caoimhin and all your volunteers for race event last night and all the background work. Much appreciated
Mary Collins
Laura FlynnApr 26 2018, 7:15pmCongratulations to the following winners of the Trail League which concluded last night at the Glen of the Downs. Any winners who couldn’t make the prize-giving last night can collect them from me over the next few races.

Male
1. Des Kennedy
2. Graham Bushe
3. Kieran Morrirose
M40 John Ahern
M50 Micheal Kelly
M60 Vivian O’Gorman
M70 Patsy McCreanor

Female
1. Becky Quinn
2. Aoife McCavana
3. Laura Flannelly

F40 Lucy Darcy
F50 Sandra Pegman

Any issues or errors please let me know.
Laura FlynnApr 26 2018, 7:16pmAlso.. Junior Male winner was Kevin Bushe.
Liam McElweeApr 28 2018, 3:11pmI think you've missed out on my time Race Number 2212. I was a late registration. Enjoyed the run, well organised.