Irish Mountain
Running Association

*CANCELLED* Slievenaman Mountain Nav Challenge

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Jay EdwardsAug 26 2018, 9:22pmPlease use this forum if you are looking for a team mate who is a competent mountain navigator. Hopefully anyone who needs help will be able to link up and form a 2-person team.
Cormac MacDonnellSep 21 2018, 7:06amIf someone wants to tag along with me that's fine...C
Mike JordanSep 21 2018, 8:49amJust curious what map you're using for this event, given Slievenamon falls on the split between 2 of the OSI 1:50000 map sheets? Thanks Jay.
henry barrySep 21 2018, 9:22amHi
Cormac i'm looking to run in a 2 person team.I have very basic nav skills .Henry
Alva HynesSep 21 2018, 11:35amHi Cormac, I’m new to IMRA and would like to join in on this event. I have mountain running skills although my navigation skills need some work. I could go as part of a team if that’s ok.
Thanks Alva
Jay EdwardsOct 3 2018, 7:46pmSorry for the late reply....Mike - it is a copy of the 1:50000 OSI map, Cormac has access to the map maker so can select the area, I will let you know if we can keep to 1:50000 scale ASAP.
Henry - hopefully someone will see your message and link up with you. If you contact Cormac you 2 can form a team...I will also keep my ears out for a partner and forward you their details.
Alva - You can link up with Cormac (3-person team?) or we can also try find you a partner and forward the details.
Jay EdwardsOct 3 2018, 7:51pmMike - quick note on SNM split on 2 maps. I just bought the 2 maps as the Comeraghs are on the other but has large uninteresting area in between (Clonmel..haha) - then just carefully matched them and sellotaped and then cut around required area.
Rory LeadbetterOct 4 2018, 3:02pmHi Folks, I’d like to have a go at a Nav Challenge. I have no formal Nav skills but mad to learn. Anyone looking for a ball and chain for the Day let me know ;-)
Jay EdwardsOct 7 2018, 8:50pmNice one Rory, I'm sure if you come down to the event there will be a willing nav-happy person to join up with you!!
Alva HynesOct 8 2018, 10:59amGreat thanks. 3 person team sounds good. See you down there. Alva.
Jay EdwardsOct 9 2018, 7:18pm*****IMPORTANT UPDATE****

Due to the weather warnings in place for the coming days, we have reluctantly decided to cancel the Slievenamon Nav Challenge event. The unpredictable weather is not suitable for a navigation challenge and may present unnecessary risk to each participant.

We will still be hosting a social group run, weather permitting, around the route. Meet up at 10.45am with 11am start.

Inaugural end of season sandwiches/drinks in Kehoes Pub, Kilcash, afterwards.....ALL welcome.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Jay.