Irish Mountain
Running Association

Glen of Aherlow Ultra Trail Run (3 loops)

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Fergal O'ConnorJul 7 2019, 12:23pmHi folks.
When will entries open for this race?
Tks.
Robbie WilliamsJul 9 2019, 7:54pmHi Fergal

It will open in approx 2 weeks
Donatas JociusAug 16 2019, 7:49pmWhen registration is starting?
Robbie WilliamsAug 17 2019, 7:33amThese races in Aherlow will open start of next week and will close 1 week before race.

Thanks Guys
Richard MoriartyAug 20 2019, 12:37pmRobbie,

Do you have a rough idea of start times for the races. Deciding whether to come down on the morning from Dublin or stay overnight...I've done both before, but can't decide what is best
Robbie WilliamsAug 20 2019, 5:48pmAll start times are in the event page for each of events
MIKE FREENEYSep 2 2019, 9:12pmWhat is cut off time for ultra?
Krzysztof SikorskiSep 14 2019, 10:10amHi. can i still enter the race? i don see it anymore in purchase imra products?
Patricia BlackburnSep 16 2019, 2:05pmSorry registration is closed for this year.
There will be four water stations on the loop one unmanned.
Please bring your own bottle, its refill only,as were trying to promote care of the environment.
Patricia BlackburnSep 16 2019, 2:14pmThere will also be a drop off zone, which you will be passing through twice.
Patricia BlackburnSep 16 2019, 3:03pmMike:- ill get back to you on the cut off times.
Patricia BlackburnSep 17 2019, 11:19amMike to answer your question on cut off times.
3 hours is the cut off time for the first loop, 6 for the second ,each loop is 13miles.
Tony SullivanSep 19 2019, 9:13amHi,
What time is the registration for the Ultra please? I'm planning on driving there on the morning, just want to get an idea what time to leave home. thank you.
Tony.
Patricia BlackburnSep 19 2019, 11:34amHi all ultra runners.
Thank you for signing up for this the fifth edition of the LOOP DE LOOP we hope you will enjoy your run and your visit to the Glen of Aherlow.

Reg will open at 7am in the community centre in Lisvernanne village.The start and finish for the ultra is also in the village.

To facilitate the club whose facilities we are using, We would ask all ultra's to park in the GAA field.There will be a parking attendants on duty and your cooperation would be appreciated.

The course is marked with red arrows on white background and red and white tape.There are four water stops(make sure you have your own bottle as it's refill only)

The course is mainly on trail with a small bit of road ,( theirs a slight change from previous years)some paths narrow some wider:- there has been quite a bit of tree felling in the last few weeks,so their a bit rough in parts but nothing to worry about!!

You have three full loops once you get up past the iron bridge,this is just about half a mile out from the start.It's at this point you will have the drop off zones one and two. You can carry your stuff to the zone yourself or we can get it there for you.(there will be a steward there).Please label your bags, bottles etc that you are leaving there and please make sure you collect and dispose of anything you havn't used.(It's important to leave no trace and that everyone takes responsibility for their own stuff.)

Mandatory kit applies and we would appreciate if you could carry your phone but its not compulsory.

There is a cut off time of three hours for the first loop and six for the second loop and we will have to strictly adhere to this giving respect to the stewards and volunteers.

There are hot showers available in the club house, and hot food will be served in the hall with a choice of Beef stew, chicken curry or veg curry, with desert and tea and coffee. We will also have a free bottle of Eight Degrees beer to help wash it all down.
Prize giving will begin around 4pm.

There are two camp sites in the Glen which are very close and of course you have Aherlow House Hotel if you want to pamper yourself. Ballyhoura hostel is only 10 miles and Tipperary town is only 4 miles with lots of accommodation.We hope you have a safe journey and look forward to meeting you all Sat morning.
Gordon PlaceSep 21 2019, 7:50pmHi All, first off, thanks MMRA for a great day out, lovely grub and a beer to wash it down!
I left a plastic bag with my name and number on it, 230, outside the front of the community centre, with a pair of orange Hoka runners in it. Don't suppose anybody picked them up or handed it in. Sorry and thanks again.
Gordon
Robert CunninghamSep 21 2019, 8:14pmGordan Trisha Blackburn has your bag.
And yes it was a great event, Thanks to all the organisers and volunteers great work.
Gordon PlaceSep 21 2019, 9:04pmThanks Robert
Brian FlannellySep 23 2019, 7:44amResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian <dot> flannelly <at> imra <dot> ie
Richard MoriartySep 23 2019, 5:45pmJust to echo Gordons sentiments, thanks to everyone for another great day out on the hills of Tipperary.

This was the best iteration of the course yet so kudos to all.

Thanks especially to all of the course marshals who braved the heat and the rain to water and nourish us on our way round and fill us with kind words of encouragement

I have the full traffic light of jerseys now, Green to add to the Amber & Red.

See you all next year