Irish Mountain
Running Association

Sorrell Hill

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Shane O'MalleyJun 7 2019, 2:31pmHi Vivian,

I have put my name down for shadow laptop operator. I have done the training but am only flying back from holidays that morning so dont want to commit to being the main laptop operator.

Cheers

Shane
Vivian O'GormanJun 7 2019, 2:39pmHi All,

I am looking for more volunteers for the Sorrell Hill race...

I need both running and non running volunteers...

Also a Summit Marshall and Junior turn around marshall...

I am away next week so any questions will be answered when I get back...

Thanks...
henry barryJun 7 2019, 4:22pmHi Vivian,
Can i take the Summit marshal ? i put name down to volunteer non run . Henry
Vivian O'GormanJun 7 2019, 9:01pmThanks Shane - that's grand...
No problem Henry - Summit Marshall...
Vivian O'GormanJun 20 2019, 2:05pmHi All...

I am still looking for a Laptop Operator and a Junior turnaround marshall...

Also a few more non running and running volunteers...

Get your volunteering done and out of the way!!
Christopher WilloughbyJun 20 2019, 7:33pmHi Vivian, I can volunteer and will do Junior Turn-around if you like?
John ShielsJun 24 2019, 9:47amI can do running volunteer Vivian, if your stuck ill do non running volunteer.
JoHn
Emily GlenJun 24 2019, 12:20pmI can do running volunteer too if you're stuck.
Vivian O'GormanJun 24 2019, 3:17pmHi All...

I have enough volunteers now for this race. Please make another RD happy by volunteering for them!!...

On line Pre Entry closes tomorrow at 6pm. No entries after that. So if you are thinking about it do it now...

If you intend to buy a race voucher please do it sooner rather than later. It will save us a lot of trouble at registration...

Race registration will close at 7.15pm. Please follow the Volunteers instructions...

The Early Start will be at 7pm sharp. Please let us know that you intend to run in the Early Start. Remember you have to be 160% or more...

SIGN AND SCAN

Everybody MUST sign in for the race and have their chip timer scanned. If you don't have a chip we will give you one. No sign in or scan you won't get a result. You have been warned!!

The Junior course is 5k. It is out and back. There will be a Marshall at the corner of the forest at the turnaround point...

Please see the events page about car parking...

Looking forward to seeing you all on Wednesday evening...
Una CassoniJun 24 2019, 9:56pmHi
Is the junior run on at 7.30.
Thanks
Una
Una CassoniJun 24 2019, 9:56pmHi
Thanks
Una
Una CassoniJun 24 2019, 9:57pmHi
Thanks
Una
Thanks
Una
Thanks
Una
Thanks
Una
Thanks
Una
Thanks
Una
Una CassoniJun 24 2019, 9:59pmSorry, don't know how I did that
Andrew HanneyJun 25 2019, 8:44amYou’ve been a victim of “the wait” :) https://www.imra.ie/forum/topic/id/5195
Vivian O'GormanJun 25 2019, 12:44pmYes Una the Junior race will start at 7.30...
Anne-Marie FlahertyJun 25 2019, 7:26pmSorry to hijack your thread, Vivian.

Looking for a favour!

Need to get the Race Director kit and laptop to Mayo for Saturday.

Can someone participating tomorrow and also going to Mweelrea on Saturday, <b>or</b> could get it to Leixlip by Friday morning?

Please let me know!

amflaherty AT pm DOT me

Thanks
Michelle RowleyJun 25 2019, 10:30pmCan I get an entry for tomorrow eve? ...ie buy a race voucher from someone? I totally forgot to enter last night/ today! I see its 200 limit...

Please note that there is a limit of 200 runners as per NPWS requirements.

I'm coming from Sutton, I don't want to travel all the way if I can't get to race. Many thanks. Michelle
Dave DochertyJun 26 2019, 8:27amMichelle,

I can't see it being a problem. I will give you a card punch if your stuck.
Michelle RowleyJun 26 2019, 10:23amThank you Dave!
Can I buy the pack of race vouchers and use them tonight?
Michelle
Andrew HanneyJun 26 2019, 10:53amIf you buy the race vouchers online for colleciton tonight, just ensure that you have proof of purchase (the email or a screenshot of your purchase history) with you tonight as its most likely that your purchase won't be on the list available to volunteers (normally printd the night before a race).
Michelle RowleyJun 26 2019, 2:17pmMany thanks for that Andrew...I'll try that. Michelle
Brian ClintonJun 27 2019, 12:25amHi, Thank you so much for the race today and to all the volunteers.
I just noticed on the results that I am listed for the short race but I ran the long / full race if this could be fixed please. I ran with Niamh Browne (1203). My race number is 1864.
Thank you, Brian
Evan HoggJun 27 2019, 6:32amHi, I ran the long course but it has me done in the results as doing the short course. I’m just wondering could this be fixed? Thanks
Caoimhin MacMaolainJun 27 2019, 8:42amThanks very much to Vivian and all volunteers for a great race last night. Brilliantly organised as always.
Pádraig DoyleJun 27 2019, 9:12amA few of the Juniors defaulted to the short-course on the system. My fault at scan-in. I've asked Results Sec. to amend.

Evan,
Rian,
Kevin,
Brian.

Any others, let me know.

Regards,
P.
Conor O'FarrellJun 27 2019, 9:34amHi all

Results are now up. As usual email any queries to results@imra.ie.

Thanks
Con
Conor O'FarrellJun 27 2019, 11:25amShort course runners should now be fixed.

Con
Vivian O'GormanJun 27 2019, 1:17pmI just want to thank all my volunteers who helped me last night. They really did make everything nice and easy for me.

Well done to Padraig Doyle. It was his first time on the laptop and he did it very well...

Thank you all again and looking forward to next week...
Peter BellJun 27 2019, 2:30pmThanks to Vivian and crew for putting on a great race. Nice evening for it too. Well done to all the winners, some fast times in that heat.
Brian KitsonJun 27 2019, 7:37pmCongrats to the winners and warm thanks to Vivian and his wonderful team for putting on a great race. My first time down there.

Report up.
Laura FlynnJun 28 2019, 8:35amThanks Vivian for a great race on Wednesday night on another beautiful sunning evening at Sorrell Hill. You made it look so easy! Great to see so many juniors out and the men’s race being won by a 21 year old. Well done all.
James ClancyJun 28 2019, 9:13amThanks Vivian and team for such a well organised race and incredible route, with one of the most stunning views from a decent....if you manage to lift your head up!! Fantastic evening, thank you.