Irish Mountain
Running Association

Glen of Aherlow Trail Half-Marathon (1 loop)

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Brian MartinJul 23 2019, 11:33pmHi

When does entries open for glen of aherlow trail marathon?
Thanks brian
Patricia RyanAug 1 2019, 11:43amBrian, entries should open in approx 2 weeks. Keep an eye on the Purchase page and forum.
Donal CashmanSep 14 2019, 8:59amIts Saturday morning, the last day for entry and it isn't showing up on the Purchase Products page
Robbie WilliamsSep 14 2019, 9:16amIT glitch will get it open again soon

It will close tonight 11pm
Mariusz LuczakSep 14 2019, 11:52amHi, is route the same as last year?
Robbie WilliamsSep 14 2019, 2:50pmThere will be some small changes
Clark CliffordSep 15 2019, 11:01ami missed the entry closing time...is it possible to get added to a cancellation list..many thanks
Katie O BrienSep 15 2019, 5:40pmhi, ive also missed the entry closing time. is it still possible to register or get added to a waiting list? thanks
Robbie WilliamsSep 15 2019, 6:18pmLads, no late entry I’m afraid .

It’s not fair to the volunteer IT lads to keep asking them to open reg after it has closed.
Clark CliffordSep 15 2019, 7:07pmthanks for the reply...is there any way to get added if there afer formal cancellations before the event and maybe do a separate online payment.
Thanks again apologies for the omission but i couldnt log in at all on day of reg.
Mary McAuliffeSep 16 2019, 10:19amHello, are there water stations for the half?
Patricia BlackburnSep 16 2019, 1:54pmSorry Clark unfortunately we won't be able to accommodate you this year, but if you keep an eye on it for next year the event is on around the same time.
Patricia BlackburnSep 16 2019, 2:03pmThere will be four water stations on the loop one unmanned.
Please bring your own bottle, its refill only,as were trying to promote care of the environment.
Debbie O reillySep 17 2019, 2:10pmHi is it too late to sign up for this race?
louise croftonSep 17 2019, 2:33pmIs it ok to start early with the ultra or marathon runners ?
John J BarrySep 17 2019, 2:41pmClarke,

There is similar events coming up in the next few weeks:

(i) Half Marathon (Dublin - 13 October)
https://www.imra.ie/events/view/id/1743

(ii) 15km Clonmal Co Tipperary (24th November)
http://www.semra.ie/longwayround/

(iii) 13km or 26km (Dublin - 16th November)
https://www.runtheline.ie/

I'm sure there is others I'm unaware off..
Wiek TillemanSep 17 2019, 5:59pmWhat is the end time of the marathon ans half marathon Glen of Aherlow loop de loop . I think I missed something
Patricia BlackburnSep 17 2019, 6:10pmHi Louise , yes you can take an early start but be aware your time may not be considered competitively.
Pat MurphySep 18 2019, 6:18pmCan an entry be transferred to someone else if the person can't make the race
Patricia BlackburnSep 19 2019, 11:53amHi all half marathon runners.
Thank you for signing up for this the fifth edition of the LOOP DE LOOP, we hope you will enjoy your run and your visit to the Glen of Aherlow.

Reg will open at 10am for the Marathon in the community centre in Lisvernanne village.The start at 12am will be about a mile out past the iron bridge and finish will be in the village.

There will be a parking attendants on duty and your cooperation would be appreciated.

The course is marked with red arrows on white background and red and white tape.There are four water stops(make sure you have your own bottle as it's refill only)

The course is mainly on trail with a small bit of road ,( theirs a slight change from previous years)some paths are narrow some wider:- there has been quite a bit of tree felling in the last few weeks,so their a bit rough in parts but nothing to worry about!!

You have one full loop with finish back down in the village. (It's important to leave no trace and that everyone takes responsibility for their own stuff.)

Mandatory kit applies and we would appreciate if you could carry your phone but its not compulsory.

There are hot showers available in the club house, and hot food will be served in the hall with a choice of Beef stew, chicken curry or veg curry, with desert and tea and coffee. We will also have a free bottle of Eight Degrees beer to help wash it all down.
Prize giving will begin around 4pm.

There are two camp sites in the Glen which are very close and of course you have Aherlow House Hotel if you want to pamper yourself. Ballyhoura hostel is only 10 miles and Tipperary town is only 4 miles with lots of accommodation.We hope you have a safe journey and look forward to meeting you all Sat morning.
Patricia BlackburnSep 19 2019, 11:58amHi Pat,
I'll check that for you.
Patricia BlackburnSep 19 2019, 11:57pmHi PAT,
Sorry, the tech guys are telling me no transfers.
Hope you can make it.
Pat MurphySep 20 2019, 7:56amThanks for replying won't be able to make it as too late for entry and was hoping to get a transfer from someone that couldn't make it
Brian O'DwyerSep 20 2019, 9:20amHi there,
The half marathon is going to be my first event and I was just looking to double check what is required apart from a rain jacket, in the mandatory kit? Many thanks
Patricia BlackburnSep 20 2019, 10:11amHi Brian, light rain jacket is the only mandatory kit. you will need a refill bottle for water and some nourishment.
Brian O'DwyerSep 20 2019, 11:42amThank you Patricia
Brian FlannellySep 23 2019, 7:43amResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian <dot> flannelly <at> imra <dot> ie