Irish Mountain
Running Association

Leinster League - End of Season BBQ

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Lillian DeeganJul 31 2019, 4:37pmHi all,

We are back with news of the End of Season BBQ. With RD Graham well ahead with his race day planning for Wed. Aug. 7th, the last of this years Leinster League events, the Great Sugarloaf race is shaping up to be grand one.

We will celebrate the seasons end with a BBQ in Pluck of Kilmacanogue, Wicklow. In order to help us gauge numbers for food, we have placed a cover charge of €5 per person. This charge will allow for a food choice of chicken, beef burgers, sausages, a veggie option, salads and a drink for everyone on the night.

Our Con has kindly popped in a purchase option in the shop to go live from 21h tonight. The usual guidelines apply - to get a few entries in on the list, you will need to do single transactions. We will need close the online shop to run a headcount next Tuesday evening.

We will have a selection of spot prizes on the evening, some which will be new shoes. The lovely Happy Out people at 53 degrees have given us 4 pair of trail shoes to raffle. They smell and look real nice :)

We aim to start the handing out of the 2019 Core volunteer prizes at the BBQ. I am looking for a few helpers to give a hand for an hour or so on the evening. If you can help - pls pop your name in on the helper list.

We hope to see a great mix of age groups come to close out the LL season in style. It promises to be a fun night.
Jenny Uí ShéAug 1 2019, 7:49amHi lillian
I can help next Wednesday.
If my ankle better might like To run too but maybe not.
Will help anyhow
Thanks Jenny
Barry MurrayAug 1 2019, 10:25amwill there be sour grapes served at the bbq ???

as I think Peter Bell might need some.... probably Warren too

I'm coming up ;)
Peter BellAug 1 2019, 10:31amThe only thing u will be eating Mr Murray, IS DUST!!!
Caitlin BentAug 1 2019, 12:12pmLillian, I'll give a hand out to you handing out end of league prizes (if i'm back in time) : ))
Lillian DeeganAug 1 2019, 1:25pm.
Thanks ladies - I'll be in touch next week to make a plan for what we need on the night.

Barry M - Great to hear you will be local, sour grape availability or not :) Hopefully you can make it a family flying visit, new babs incl. would be lovely to meet the little bundle.

Everyone,
Following on from Laura's forum "Core Volunteering Prizes" message of earlier this week, our plan for the distribution of this years Core prize (RD prize of old) will begin next Wednesday night at the Great Sugarloaf race.

We will give a window of a few months for everyone to collect their item - August 7th to December 27th. The Djouce Remembrance race will finish the carting around of any uncollected 2019 items.

For members who are due to receive the Core prize (an Icebreaker merino base layer long sleeve top), can you be sure to see the helpers working the handout desk at next Wednesday's race. Our equipment officer, John Condon and I will aim to have the tops at the number of events as the year closes out.

On the End of Year prize (formerly End of League prize):
We are working on getting everyone accounted for prize wise from the database. If we can, we will begin the handing out of the EoY items next Wednesday too. The criteria for an EoY prize is that you have run 10 races and volunteered x2 at a minimum. For this years EoY prize, members who are due an item will have a choice of prize. The choices are: a rechargeable Ledlenser (MH5) headlamp or an Innovate race elite vest/ bag with two 500ml bottles. And as with the Core prize - the handout period will end on Dec. 27th at the Djouce Remembrance race.
Andrew HanneyAug 1 2019, 8:53pmThanks Lillian, it must be said that everyone really appreciates the hard work done by the committee in securing these super prizes and organising everything during the year. I can’t think of any other organization where you need to give but a little to get so much out of it. Well done.
Brían O'MearaAug 1 2019, 9:33pmAgreed, well done Lillian and Committee.
Dave DochertyAug 1 2019, 10:32pmCheers to all the committee for the hard work.Looking forward to the session next week.
Lillian DeeganAug 6 2019, 11:21amHi folks,

A little reminder - the BBQ shop option will close at 6 this evening to allow us count the food order with Plucks.

Thanks to all who have popped in to help us on the night, we are ok numbers wise now. I'll be in touch with a plan on Wedneday.
Brenda MalleyAug 6 2019, 12:08pmI’ve already purchased my BBQ ticket and tried to purchase a second one for my husband, but got an “error” message not allowing a duplicate purchase. Any way to do this or can we pay on the night?
Jim DurhamAug 6 2019, 2:55pmMe too. Would like to take my better half along....
Conor O'FarrellAug 6 2019, 3:40pmI've asked the webmaster to take a look at the multiple purchase issue. Hopefully he can get some time to look at it sooner rather than later.
Nora LalorAug 6 2019, 8:45pmI was trying to buy 2 tickets & got as far as pay on 2nd, when error message came up but the 5 came out of my account, before I saw that I got Joe's on his own account so gave paid for 3 only got confirmation of 2
Andrew HanneyAug 6 2019, 9:47pmAny update on the multiple bbq option? Can we just pay the 5 tomorrow as I’m not sure if my purchases were accepted. Thanks.
Conor O'FarrellAug 6 2019, 9:54pmOK, so we have a limitation on the system, that it is having trouble with displaying the duplicate purchases. They have gone through:
Andy Hanney, you have purchased 4 tickets.
Brenda, you have 2.
Nora and Joe, you have 3 between the 2 of you.
Jim, you just have 1.

If you are unsure, please check your payment history. It should confirm entry there.

Sorry about any confusion.
Andrew HanneyAug 6 2019, 10:09pmThanks Conor!
Jim DurhamAug 7 2019, 9:03amThanks Conor. Would like to buy second BBQ ticket but can't see how. Only allowed to buy one on website.
Nora LalorAug 7 2019, 9:58amJim, you can have my extra one assuming transfer of unintentional purchase allowed.
Jim FitzharrisAug 7 2019, 10:00amJim,

I think the deadline for purchasing a BBQ ticket was 6 pm yesterday.

Joe & Nora Lalor appear to have an extra one so it looks like a fiver should sort it ........

Cheers,

Jim.
Jim DurhamAug 7 2019, 3:00pmThanks Nóra. See you this evening.
Brian KitsonAug 7 2019, 5:12pmOnly seeing this now. The Kitson clan will be attending en masse, can race vouchers be used for the BBQ?
Gordon PlaceAug 7 2019, 5:24pmThey'll burn alright!