Irish Mountain
Running Association

Trooperstown Hill

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
John CorriganJan 2 2020, 3:31pmHi, I've only joined today. Just wondering where do I pay for this race? Cant find it on the website.

Thanks, john
Conor O'FarrellJan 2 2020, 3:48pmHi John

Most events don't open for purchase until 2 weeks beforehand. There are exceptions to this, but that's the general rule.

Con
IAN MCILRAITHFeb 13 2020, 8:31pmHi. Where do pay?
Mike LongFeb 13 2020, 8:55pmHi Ian
See https://imra.ie/news/view/id/616/
for details of how to join IMRA / pay etc.
Mike
IAN MCILRAITHFeb 14 2020, 3:54pmHi
Thks for the link. I joined but still don't see anywhere to pay for the race.
John CondonFeb 14 2020, 3:58pmSign in, go to shop, and bingo
Mike LongFeb 15 2020, 12:45pmDear All
The Trooperstown race is fast approaching. Thanks very much to all of you who have volunteered. Based on experience at Brockagh recently we need about 5 people on registration. Could we have a few more volunteers please? If you want to run also that is fine we will work around you.

Please note we will be having a junior race. It will start 10/15 minutes after the main race in the opposite direction to the main race, up through the forest, onto the tarmac road, down the fire road back to the start. Younger ones do 1 lap, under 14's 2 laps. Under 10's need to be accompanied.

Looking forward to the race
Mike
Mark WilloughbyFeb 17 2020, 11:14amHey, Where is registration location for this race?
Mike LongFeb 17 2020, 2:12pmRegistration in the Mountain Rescue Centre at Trooperstown No parking in the Centre Please use the regular car park past the Centre by the river
Mark WilloughbyFeb 17 2020, 2:15pmthanks mike
Geraldine ClementsFeb 18 2020, 5:42pmHi. Just wondering if anyone is driving from the northside or city centre and might have space in their car ?
Mike LongFeb 19 2020, 5:55pmDear All
It would be great if we had 2 or 3 more volunteers for Sunday to help out with registration / parking. No issue these people running the race too if they wish
Thanks
Mike
Niall MarkeyFeb 19 2020, 7:25pmNiall Markey and Ann Lyons can help out .would both like to run though.
Mike LongFeb 19 2020, 10:22pmHi Niall and Ann
That would be really helpful thanks.
No issue with you running too.
Thanks also to John and Damien for signing up.
We should be good for volunteers now.
All the help is much appreciated.
Mike
Mike LongFeb 20 2020, 6:30pmDear All
Hope to see many of you at Trooperstown. Weather looks OKish!
Please park in the regular Trooperstown car park and not in the Mountain Rescue Centre (where the registration will be)
Registration will open at 0915. It will close at 1015 for the early start and 1045 for the main race. As for Brockagh:
Step 1 register your chip or get a new one
Step 2 pick up your number if you dont have it yet
Step 3/4 register for race prepaid or with voucher
Hope that makes sense!
We will be checking jackets given the nature of the race and the weather
Looking forward to the race
Mike
patrick cryanFeb 21 2020, 11:56amHi,

This will be my first (hopefully of many) IMRA race. I registered earlier this week, paid the annual membership fee and purchased €50 race vouchers. Is there anything else I need to do before Sunday? Can I use my race vouchers towards this race (not sure how the voucher system works). Want to avoid causing confusion for volunteers when I rock up (early) to sign on/ register without a clue!

Thanks in advance!

Patrick
Conor O'FarrellFeb 21 2020, 12:00pmHi Patrick

Yes, you can pick up your voucher at registration and use it for this race. If you have your email confirmation of payment (on your phone is fine)t, bring that along too as it might speed things up.

Con
patrick cryanFeb 21 2020, 12:16pmBrilliant,

Thanks Conor.
Dave DochertyFeb 21 2020, 1:02pmPatrick Cryan. Don't forget the all important raincoat.

MANDATORY SHOWERPROOF JACKET MUST BE CARRIED/WORN DURING ALL IMRA EVENTS
No jacket = no result. Bring the mandatory jacket and have it crossing the finish line.
William Paul FenwickFeb 21 2020, 1:45pmHi,

I'm a bit stuck for a lift for this one. So if anyone has any space in their car and is passing through South Dublin or the city center and is able to give me a lift, could you please let me know?

Cheers,

Will
Joe LalorFeb 21 2020, 3:18pmHi William, I am picking up another runner in Stillorgan at 9.30. If that suits tx me at O86 1O57O97
IAN MCILRAITHFeb 21 2020, 4:16pmI'm leaving from Terenure/Templeogue area of anyone wants a lift.

Txt: 087 818 1188
Liam CannonFeb 22 2020, 3:45pmI'd like to run tomorrow, but it's looking like I'm a bit stuck for a lift at the moment. Living in Killiney (on the Shankill side). If anyone can offer a spin, please let me know. I'll bring a good stock of post-race goodies.
Mike LongFeb 22 2020, 4:12pmLiam
Hope you get your lift
Speaking of post race goodies
Soup / home made brown bread available for first 40 post race in Kavanagh’s
Mike
David SorohanFeb 22 2020, 4:26pmLiam,

I am leaving from Monkstown Dart Stn. at 09:30. Can probably pick you up along the way if you haven't got sorted?
Mike LongFeb 23 2020, 3:22pmDear all thanks to all who came to the race today, the great team of volunteers and to the weather Gods for the break in the weather Apologies on the delay with the results We will do our best to get them up as soon as we can Mike
Grainne O'BrienFeb 23 2020, 4:23pmGreat race today - thanks all for organising. I think I may have left my runners in the lower car park. Grey asics, a little mucky. If anyone picked them up - let me know, thanks
Grainne
Andrew HanneyFeb 23 2020, 4:28pmGreat to see such a nice kids course today. Thanks to Mike and volunteers.
Alistair HodgettFeb 23 2020, 4:55pmCaitriona Nic Caba I picked up your race vouchers....drop me a note at ahodgett(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll get them back to you...
Peter BellFeb 23 2020, 4:55pmThanks to Mike and the volunteers today for putting on another great Imra race. Loved it!
Mike LongFeb 23 2020, 5:17pmFolks thanks for the kind words True team effort Grainne yes we have your runners They are with the general kit will be at the next race Mike
Henny BrandsmaFeb 23 2020, 5:49pmGreat to see so much happy and some tyred face's out on Troopestown today, always great to be part of the imra family and see the action up close while injured. Henny.
James H CahillFeb 23 2020, 6:34pmThanks Mike and all the volunteers for a great outing in the hills today.

Very enjoyable. The combination of soup and 1kg of chocolate gave me a recovery sugar rush that convinced me I was invincible!

Alas the sugar levels have declined and it seems they are inversely proportional to muscle pain. My cunning plan of tapering for a year between races may not have been successful. Who knew?

But a great day out. Thank's all.
Brendan LawlorFeb 23 2020, 6:54pmWell done Mike,Catherine and team for a great run today.

And thanks as ever to the Glen of Imaal Mountain Rescue team for the use of their base for registration
Grainne O'BrienFeb 23 2020, 7:17pmBrilliant - thanks Mike
Alice ClancyFeb 23 2020, 8:09pmThanks Mike and team for such a lovely race today. It was so well organised and marked and special thanks for pulling off that weather!
Mike LongFeb 23 2020, 9:13pmDear All
Once we have the results sorted the prizes from today will be available from Lillian Deegan over the next few races. Again apologies and thanks for your patience,
Mike
Mary CollinsFeb 24 2020, 8:21amThanks Mike and all your volunteers for a very well organised and pleasant race event yesterday .
Cathal PhelanFeb 24 2020, 8:50amAs a new IMRA member, I'd like to thank the volunteers who show great patience during registration and sign in because I don't know what I'm doing or what I should sign!
The race itself was clearly marked and well marshalled. I'm sure the views were lovely too, I was just too busy staying alive to take them in!
Thanks to all
Caitriona Nic CabaFeb 24 2020, 9:22amHi Alister,
Thank you! Will do, C
Aisling CorkeryFeb 24 2020, 12:07pmThanks Mike and all the volunteers and friendly race competitors for making my son Oscar's first junior IMRA race such a fun event for him. He was so happy and excited for the whole day afterwards :o) I had a lovely day running round the hills too, so all in all it was a fab family day out!!
Gareth DempseyFeb 27 2020, 5:50pmHi

Can anybody tell me where the results of the race are they dont seem to be up on the site at this moment in Time.

Kindest Regards

Gareth Dempsey
Mike LongFeb 27 2020, 6:38pmGareth
Sorry! There was a problem with the app which takes data from the chip timers The results were recorded but it needs some work to extract them I know the lads are working on this and doing their best.
Again our apologies
Mike
Jarlath HynesMar 1 2020, 7:43pmGood to see the results up.

And well done to Fergie on his first place finish... :)
Conor O'FarrellMar 1 2020, 8:13pmHi All

Results are now up. Apologies for the delay, I was away for the past week.

Please send any queries to results@imra.ie.

Thanks
Con
Jarlath HynesMar 1 2020, 8:33pmthanks Conor

and you've ruined Fergie's moment of glory ;)
Mike LongMar 2 2020, 8:09amCon Thanks for sorting the results
Mike
Caitriona Nic CabaMar 3 2020, 1:25amHi Con, Thanks for inputting the results for Trooperstown. I guess I was assumed as an early start but I ran with the main race. Finish time 1hr 01m 15 Sec, and I sent you my garmen file I was wearing for the race. Thanks C