Irish Mountain
Running Association

Bweeng Trail

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Paul CarrollJun 7 2021, 10:39amPlease note that this event is ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY.

Registration will open at 18:00 on Tuesday 8th June.

In order to comply with Covid restrictions regarding numbers of runners, ***NO RACE VOUCHERS can be accepted on the day***
Robbie WilliamsJun 9 2021, 5:57pmThis race is now full up.

There will be no list of waiting-ness..

Corrin Hill will be available to purchase from next Tuesday 6pm
Adolfo GarciaJun 14 2021, 3:24pmI can volunteer if needed. Please let me know.
Paul CarrollJun 14 2021, 7:45pmHi Adolfo,
Thank you for the offer.

I have over 20 volunteers so we are well covered.
Robbie WilliamsJun 16 2021, 4:23pmThere will be a junior race at Bweeng
This starts at 10:15pm 2.5-3.5km approx
All juniors must be members and signed up for race
Juniors 10-16yrs

There will also be a kiddies race.
This is to let smaller kids enjoy a trail run.
Adults must accompany u10s no exceptions.
There is no cost to kiddies race nor do kids have to be registered. We would ask that parents be imra Registered members.
Approx 1.5km Lollipop for finishers :)
This will start at same time junior race.
Michael McSweeneyJun 16 2021, 6:45pmAre the lollipops just for the kiddies race, or will we all get one? Assuming we finish that is.
Robbie WilliamsJun 16 2021, 10:45pmIf we have one left I’ll keep it for you Micheal..

But only afterwards, we can’t trust you not to run with the lollipop in your mouth
Paul CarrollJun 19 2021, 3:30pmHi All,

Just a few things to note for tomorrow morning...

Registration will open at 9:30am and close at 10:45am.
There will be two separate desks: one for sign-in and one for race number collection- please visit both to complete registration!

Parking will be at Laharn Heritage centre (1km from registration/start line). Strictly NO parking at Laharn Cross so as not to restict local access.

Please follow Covid guidelines: mask/buff is mandatory at registration area, for the first 200m of race and at the finish line.

Jackets are mandatory and must be carried for the entire duration of the race.

Please follow the directions of volunteers....

See you all in the morning!
Paul CarrollJun 20 2021, 6:47pmMassive thank you to all our volunteers today; it was really great to see everyone out enjoying the trails again!
Sally-Ann LynchJun 20 2021, 6:53pmBig thanks to the organisers and volunteers today. Great to be together again suffering on the hills :)
Brian FlannellyJun 20 2021, 7:53pmResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian <dot> flannelly <at> imra <dot> ie
Robbie WilliamsJun 20 2021, 7:59pmMassive thanks to Paul Carroll (first RD role) who put on a seamless event today, being especially hard as the first race back in Munster.

Paul and his team made the event a great event. Bweeng trail is a great spot with lovely variety of trails. A huge local volunteer crew helped the show run well.

The sun even came out just before start with the new “Munster Race Bell” starting us off :)
The trail was great as usual with helpful marshals all along the route.

Finishing with a nice can of Pepsi (thanks to Brian Buckley) and Dave Yelvertons delicious flapjacks topped it all off.

Lads ye have a brilliant crew there in North Cork. It was so great to be back running and seeing lots of friends again.

Thank you to all the crew who made it happen!

Volunteers ye should be proud !

Thank you to all.
Robbie WilliamsJun 20 2021, 8:16pmGreat little Video of today’s race by John (who won)…

https://youtu.be/NtEMZByiHkM
Barry WalshJun 21 2021, 10:21amHuge thanks to all volunteers, race director , team and Bweeng Trail runners. So good to be back at some kind of normal event with plenty of enthusiastic people, I think everyone was feeling it a bit more than usual - can't wait for the next day out.
Julie ByrneJun 21 2021, 1:40pmHi lads we were not added ro results from yesterday at bweeng trail Julie Brian Ted and Liam as we went with the juniors at 10 15am can you update it please Julie O 65 Brian and Ted O70 don't know what Liam is ok thanks Julie
Mariusz LuczakJun 21 2021, 5:31pmHi Julie,
We have your times and will add them to the result list. Our apologize for this delay. Hope you still had great day yesterday :)
Paul CarrollJun 21 2021, 6:40pmHi Julie,
Once again I apologise for the mix up. I have forwarded the times to Brian Flannelly and I'm sure they will be uploaded soon.

Regards,
Paul
Mariusz LuczakJun 21 2021, 8:14pmBig album of photos. I'll add them to IMRA website later this week.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sf2RQ8zXWS2LaiK1A
Shane CarewJun 23 2021, 2:12amGreat run, even if I did turn up late and run the wrong route (yeah I was the lad running in the opposite direction) oops!. Bring on next week at Corrin, hopefully won't make the same mistake again lol!
Robbie WilliamsJun 23 2021, 2:22pmNot a bother Shane

At least you got it done anyway

See you at the next one