Irish Mountain
Running Association

Oughaval Woods

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Paul KellyJun 21 2021, 10:48amHi Folks, with race day nearly 2 weeks away I was hoping I would be able to get a few running/ non running volunteers. Mainly a first-aider if some one would be available. In total I would need 3 non running volunteers and a first aider.

Thanks in advance!
Paul
Gaelan ElliffeJul 2 2021, 9:19amHi Paul,

I can volunteer as a non runner however you need help.

Cheers,
Gaelan
Paul KellyJul 2 2021, 2:38pmHi Gaelan,

Brilliant, can you go onto the event page and select one of the volunteer roles? Theres always something that needs doing.

Paul
Brian FarrenJul 3 2021, 12:35pmHI. Is there an early start for this race?
Brian SmythJul 3 2021, 2:25pmHow’s things Paul,

I’m available to help out tomorrow. Won’t be running.

Many thanks
Paul KellyJul 3 2021, 6:41pmHi Brian Farren. There is no early start for the race tomorrow. Not to worry as we are there until every one is over the finish line.

Paul
Paul KellyJul 3 2021, 6:43pmHi Brian Smyth.

If you could that would be excellent, an extra set of hands is most welcome.

Paul
Niamh KellyJul 3 2021, 8:03pmEvening all,
We are looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow
Just a quick reminder before race day

Registration opens at 9.45 am and closes at 10.45 sharp

( No money or vouchers accepted on race day)

Please read over the new social distancing protocols before race day Here: https://www.imra.ie/news/view/id/624/

Wear a face covering at registration and start area
All runners must keep the face-covering on for the first 200m of the race
when coming back into the finish area, please keep your distance and use your face covering again.

Prizegiving will be at the finish line 1st/ 2nd/3rd Male and female

Mandatory Gear: long-sleeved waterproof jacket must be carried/worn during the race

See you all tomorrow and hopefully, the rain holds off
Aoife FitzgeraldJul 3 2021, 9:04pmHello, just wanted to confirm if the junior race is at 10.15am please
Paul KellyJul 3 2021, 9:13pmHi Aoife,

The juniors will be starting 5 mins after the adults. The adults will be starting st 11.

Paul
Declan GormanJul 4 2021, 12:34pmGreat morning.
Thanks to the Volunteers and Marshals.
John GreeneJul 4 2021, 2:55pmThanks for a well organised race this morning... well worth spin down the empty Sunday motorway. It was hot and humid in the forest, i hope it wasn't just me who felt the conditions oppressive!
Alistair HodgettJul 4 2021, 3:23pmThanks to RD and volunteers for today, a great course with a surprising amount of uphill!
Karl RichardsJul 4 2021, 3:29pmThanks Paul Niamh and volunteers. Super route, well marked and wonderful to run through the beech trees. Fairly hot n humid too. Well done. Looking forward to Mt Leinster on the 17th!
Conor O'FarrellJul 4 2021, 4:56pmThanks Paul, Niamh and everyone involved in organising the race today. It was a fair sprint all the way around - (relatively)very fast!

Any idea when the results will be up? ;-)
Anthony GillespieJul 4 2021, 5:04pmThanks to the race organisers and volunteers. Much appreciated. Wonderful route. Yes, it was hot hot hot in them woods, and there were some tricky trails and sneaky hills and drags.
Paul KellyJul 4 2021, 5:31pmThanks to everyone for coming out today, great to see so many familiar faces and better to see some new ones too! Hope you enjoyed the course.
Yep, the forest canopy can keep some heat in and make them sneaky hills all the more difficult.....just proves you don't need big hills to get the heart pumping.
Hope to see you in our lovely little race again next year.

A big thanks to those who volunteered today, without ye the races wouldn't be able to happen!
Thanks to Gaelan and Brian for the race start pics.
Conor O'FarrellJul 4 2021, 5:43pmResults are now up. Please email results@imra.ie for any queries. I cannot guarantee that I will spot or respond to any queries on the forum.

Con
Lilly JonesJul 4 2021, 6:15pmThanks to the marshel clearing flags that found Lilly and put her back on course. Some mountain running lessons learnt today. Mostly if your out in front and you haven't seen a flag in a while your probably going the wrong way! Thanks again. Simon.
Brian FureyJul 5 2021, 12:09pmThanks Paul and crew for the race. Lovely forestry setting.

I did get a tick on my leg last night which I removed. Ye may want to check for them. It something we should all check for after every hill run anyways as they can cause Lyme disease
James H CahillJul 5 2021, 5:25pmThank you Paul and al the volunteers for a great morning out in Laois. Plenty of twists, turns, uphills ,downhills and I feel certain there were a few concentric circles. Who knew you could squeeze so much out of a small forestry. Great morning, thank you.