Irish Mountain
Running Association

Kilmac Running Festival - Women's Night Challenge

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Eadaoin QuinnOct 28 2021, 8:24pmHi I'm wondering have you considered opening this event to guests or non members? I've a couple of pals who love locally and are interested. Since it's introductory and raising money for women's refuge. I understand totally if not possible.
Eadaoin
Pól Ó MurchúOct 28 2021, 8:46pmHi Eadaoin, The way IMRA is structured means that all runners or participants in our events must be members. It's how the organisation operates and we can only have insurance for our events on that basis.
We have however reduced membership to €3 for the these events as there are only a few other events remaining for this year and we understand that joining this late in the year means new members won't really get the benefit of membership. This cost just about covers the bare minimum of costs incurred annually by the association eg. Insurance.
We would particularly welcome any newcomers so please do come along and bring your friends. You will not be disappointed and I am sure ye will be back again for more events next year!
Eadaoin QuinnOct 28 2021, 8:58pmThat's perfect Pól thanks
Sarah BradyNov 10 2021, 9:43amHi Angela, just checking have you enough volunteers already for this or do you need more? Happy to help if there's still jobs!
Gerry McGuinnessNov 10 2021, 11:04pmAngela,
Sorry to pull out as Helper on women's night challenge.
Work commitments.
Regards
Gerry
Dace KellyNov 17 2021, 8:01amHello, I am trying to sign up for the event but my banks (AIB & Revolut) keep on blocking the payments. Any tips how to obtain the entry? :D
Orla CullenNov 17 2021, 10:47pmDace
I had same issue. with payments .... I ended up paying with BOI first double check what number is associated with your Bank account mine was in format of +35386XXXXXXX etc

If yours is the same format drop the plus from front but include the 353
If thr number on you account doest have the international code to the front you should be able to add as is ...

took me a few trys to get the transaction to go thru
Kathryn BarrNov 23 2021, 1:48pmHi, I wonder if anyone is driving from South Dublin who I might be able to get a lift with please? I live in UCD but could get a bus or cycle somewhere to meet you. It would be much appreciated, thanks!
Claire CoxNov 24 2021, 11:26amHey, I'm injured and can't race now, but I have added my name to the volunteer list - hope this is ok!
Santina DohertyNov 26 2021, 10:20amAngela - wonderful idea to donate all proceeds from this evening to the Women's Refuge. I'm just spotting that now.
Megan Mc DonnellNov 26 2021, 11:24amHi - this will be my 1st IMRA run. I registered for the event and IMRA membership and got a confirmation email, but no details with race number etc. Will there be a registration table to pick it up at before the race?
Conor O'FarrellNov 26 2021, 11:48amHi Megan

I will drop you an email now with your details.

Conor
Trina KaneNov 26 2021, 12:18pmLike Meghan above. Have registered, first IMRA Run. No details re race number. Will we get one on arrival? Thanks
Looking forward to tonight
Angela FlynnNov 26 2021, 12:32pmHi
New members will get a race number and chip for their results -at registration
Maike JürgensNov 27 2021, 11:14amThanks a million Angela and team for organising. It was a tough chilly evening to be volunteering/marshalling for all us runners to have the craic. Hopefully, there’ll be a repeat event next year. :)
Sinéad IeversNov 27 2021, 12:35pmThis was my first IMRA event. What a fabulous evening, great craic and ever so well organised. Thanks so much to all those who stood out in the cold guiding us round. A totally magical experience
Kathy NolanNov 28 2021, 11:42amAbsolutely loved this event, thank you so much for organising. I was wondering would the trail of head torches have been visible from the n11 or the Glen and by any chance did anyone have someone on standby down there to take a pic?!
Looking forward to hearing of any more night runs esp women only.
Laura FlynnJan 14 2022, 9:06amA donation of €890 has been made to Bray Womens Refuge from this event. Thank you to all the wonderful women who took part. For those first-timers doing a run in the dark in the mountains surrounded by like-minded people, we hope it was an uplifting experience.
A huge thanks is due to the fabulous volunteers both IMRA and non-IMRA members, mainly friends of Angela Flynn, who helped out so cheerfully on a very cold November night.
Well done to you all.