Irish Mountain
Running Association

Scalp

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Vivian O'GormanApr 21 2022, 1:47pmHi Folks,

I need a Laptop Operator for this race please. Also a couple more non running volunteers....

You can either enter on line OR use your Voucher on the day...
There will be NO Early Start. All runners start at 7.30pm.
The Race start is approximately 2km uphill from the Race Registration which will close at 7.15pm. So please make sure to get there as early as you can.
You can collect your race number and/or timing chip at registration if this is your first race.
Cap parking is in the usual field on the Ballyman Road and is 3 Euro per car. This will be collected when you are entering the field.

Online Registration opens next Monday morning and close on Tuesday evening at 6pm!!
Michael BligheApr 21 2022, 2:04pmHi Vivian,

I'm happy to give the laptop role a go if you're stuck.

But I haven't done it before. If someone could show me the ropes, I'll give it a shot.

Michael
Vivian O'GormanApr 23 2022, 12:26pmI am still looking for a Laptop Person for this race. You could even have two
helpers!! Also a few more non running volunteers...
Shane O'MalleyApr 23 2022, 4:06pmHi Vivian,

I can do the laptop.

Cheers

Shane
Vivian O'GormanApr 23 2022, 5:12pmThank you Shane that's great... Now a few more non
running volunteers please.

Michael thank you for your offer. If you want to have a
look at how the laptop works for a race just let
me know on Wednesday...
Niall McGuinnessApr 23 2022, 8:36pmThat's great, thanks Shane. I have some relevant experience, I'm sure we'll fly it between the two of us
Vivian O'GormanApr 25 2022, 10:02amOnline entries are are now open for this race. If you have a voucher
don't enter online just bring it with you on Wednesday.
Entries close tomorrow - Tuesday - at 6pm. So enter now before
you forget!!

Also could all Volunteers be at the car parking field at 6pm. or
as soon as you can around that time. I will give you your duties then...
Vivian O'GormanApr 26 2022, 12:52pmHi Folks,

Online registration closes this evening at 6pm. So enter NOW!!!
Otherwise its Voucher only...

Don't forget your windproof mandatory Jacket. You either wear
it or carry it during the race. Otherwise the good auld
RD will give you a DNF!!

NO headphones. Listen to the birds or the heavy breathing
around ya...

Also don't forget your race number and timing chip. If this is your
first race for 2022 you can collect both at registration.

The only monies taken on the night will be for car parking. Car parking is €3 per car. Please have change ready.

And remember if you want to enter online do it NOW...

Cheers and see you all tomorrow night...
Siobhán LyonsApr 26 2022, 5:57pmHi,

Does anyone have a Google maps link for parking for this event please? the link in race description brings me to Blackrock.
Thanks
Siobhan
John ShielsApr 27 2022, 10:07amhi Siobhan,
this should get yo close enough to see the sign posting
https://goo.gl/maps/NNCQ3tKEhrA7xZZV7
Vivian O'GormanApr 27 2022, 11:24pmHi Folks,

I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to All my Volunteers this
evening. Maeve O'Grady did a great job marking the course for those
of you who were asking and to everyone else. They were all double jobbing
between race registration and marshalling. Well done...

See you all next week...
Niall LynchApr 27 2022, 11:42pmHi Folks,

a big favour to ask, can the results guru move Honor Lynch from the short course results to the full course results? I can vouch that she did run the full route.
Gorgeous night tonight, brilliantly organised and thanks to all the helpers they kept us on course.

Niall.
John ShielsApr 28 2022, 9:22amGreat race Vivian, first time getting (slightly) lost on a fully marked course :(
I was to intent on taking photos of the amazing views to watch were I was going.
Andrew HanneyApr 28 2022, 12:15pmThanks Vivian and crew, great race, really like the change to the second loop, well done.
Elizabeth WheelerApr 28 2022, 2:34pmI also have two disgruntled Juniors who ran the full route but are recorded as running the junior one looped course - Joseph Henchion and Charlotte Cronnelly's results should be moved to the main results...Thank you :)
Eoin Mac EochaidhApr 28 2022, 9:03pmThank you to all the organisers and volunteers for a great race.
Dave DochertyApr 30 2022, 2:30pmGreat craic volunteering last Wednesday. Unbeknownst to ye all you were captured on squirrel cam. I uploaded it to the FB page.