Irish Mountain
Running Association

Glanageenty Half Marathon

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Anthony RussellOct 19 2022, 10:32amHow can I purchase this event ?
Michael McSweeneyOct 19 2022, 2:51pmIt will be available to purchase closer to the date.
Niamh AbeytaOct 29 2022, 12:08pmRegistration will open next week
Senan McDermottNov 22 2022, 7:49pmHi all, my first time trying out one of these, just a question or 2, it's the loop available to see somewhere, it's it the same as any other loop just longer or doubled? Also how important is nav/GPS could I survive using markings alone from course?
Niamh AbeytaNov 22 2022, 9:20pmHi Sean. There is a link to the loop in the event section. However, here is the link also. https://www.strava.com/activities/1530694920

All the races will on this loop with very minor variations for the different races. You will not need a GPS, as the route will be fully marked, with Marshals along the route.
Senan McDermottNov 22 2022, 9:22pmPerfect, thank you.
Niamh AbeytaNov 22 2022, 9:23pmHi Senan, sorry for wrong name
Predictive Text,
Peter CornallyNov 23 2022, 4:28amHi Niamh
I'm signed up for half, but have a knee injury is it possible for me to switch to 10km and how do I go about this
Peter Cornally
Niamh AbeytaNov 23 2022, 6:43pmHi Peter, what's your imra number, and I will make a note of it that you are doing the 10km
Barry McEvoyDec 4 2022, 11:11amHi Niamh,

Is it possible to enter the race still? I didn't realise it was closed last night.

Thank you,
Barry
Brian FlannellyDec 11 2022, 11:12pmResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian <dot> flannelly <at> imra <dot> ie
Niall McEvoyDec 14 2022, 11:14amHi Niamh, it seems as though both my previous messages in the forum have disappeared or have been removed? I will reiterate my previous message. For those people signed up for the half but were unable to access the car park as the road was impassable (similar to those doing the 10km) how do we get refunded for the event? Thanks
Andreas MalyDec 14 2022, 12:48pmThank you to all volunteers on Saturday to make the event happen. For the coffee, tea, sandwiches and cake afterwards and the good spirit. Very much appreciated. Great Event looking to come back. Thank you
Michael McSweeneyDec 14 2022, 7:09pmHi Niall,
I see your two previous posts are on another thread, Glanageenty Half-Marathon . As opposed to this one, Glanageenty Half Marathon.
Micheal.
Niamh AbeytaDec 15 2022, 5:58pmHi Niall, no messages have been deleted on the forum. An email with further details regarding refunds will be issued shortly when all details are finalised. Please be patient. The work continues behind the scenes.
Kind regards
Niamh