Irish Mountain
Running Association

World Masters Open Race - Enter at wmmrch2022.ie

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Stephen O KeeffeAug 22 2022, 11:53amJust wondering when will registration open for this.
Mick HanneyAug 22 2022, 12:40pmDo you mean close Stephen?
Registration is on the link provided and closes this evening I believe for the Masters race. The open race stays open for registration for longer.
Stephen O KeeffeAug 22 2022, 1:04pmAh ok, I see registration for the open race is on the same website for the masters.

I didn't even look there as I wasn't running the masters

Thought the Sunday open race was going to be done through the IMRA website

Thanks

Stephen
Robert McEvoyAug 28 2022, 3:54pmFrom https://www.wmmrch2022.ie/

Registration for the Open Race on Sunday 4th September remains open until midnight (IST) 1st September.
Maureen LynchAug 29 2022, 10:26amHi Could you remind me how to get an Irish kit vest please?
Thanks
Aine CullenAug 29 2022, 3:44pmhttps://www.jfsports.ie/product-category/club-shop/irish-masters-athletics-association/

Here's the website so you can check out the range and sizes. Last years range are selling at a discount but are just as nice. I would ring them today and ask them to post it out asap or ask someone to collect if near Carlow, the shop is open in Carlow town. They will arrive by post in 2 days but I would phone them first at this late stage. Best of luck
Stephen O KeeffeAug 29 2022, 4:40pmDo we need a photo ID for the open race aswell?
Graham StrahanAug 29 2022, 6:57pmJust wondering, due to family commitments, my friend and myself can't sign in on the Friday, is it ok to sign in on the Saturday,
David BosonnetAug 29 2022, 7:21pmResponding to a couple of comments

There will be a stand selling Irish Masters gear at Hillview on Saturday.

Following WMRA regulations, all participants must register in person and bring formal photo id with name, D.O.B and nationality (e.g. passport).

There will be emergency registration on Saturday, times are strictly 08:00-10:00. Give yourself plenty of time to park, get to registration etc. Note that 08:30 is the latest time for bag drop off if using that facility.
David BosonnetAug 29 2022, 7:23pmEvent notes and schedule available at ttps://www.wmmrch2022.ie/event-schedule/
David BosonnetAug 29 2022, 7:23pmEvent notes and schedule available at https://www.wmmrch2022.ie/event-schedule/
Mick HanneyAug 30 2022, 8:21amre: Open race, does the ID requirement arise here?

wmmrch2022 website says start time is 11. IMRA site says start time is 12. Which is correct?

Thanks, Mick
Mary CollinsAug 31 2022, 10:32pmCan I check if there are any instructions to read somewhere, for the VOLUNTEERS for the SUNDAY OPEN race Sept 4th
ie where and when to meet and roles etc Thanks.
Mick HanneySep 1 2022, 8:21amHi Mary, I am on a WhatsApp group for the Saturday volunteers and I received an update there covering the Saturday roles.

Sunday might be more like an IMRA race - volunteers given roles when they turn up on the morning perhaps?
Mary CollinsSep 1 2022, 5:27pmThanks Mick for your reply. Good luck with sorting out Saturday. Will keep a watch on Forum in hope some information might arise re Sunday.
Declan GormanSep 1 2022, 6:58pmHi. And first of all Thank you to all the Volunteers.
Is there a camping area in Clonmel?
Good luck everyone
Laura FlynnSep 1 2022, 7:15pmIf you send me an email Declan, I’ll give you some details.
laura.flynn@imra.ie
Declan GormanSep 1 2022, 7:21pmDone
Mrs U W GavinSep 2 2022, 6:59amI just booked my bus tickets late last night for Clonmel.I return to Dublin/Derry at 12 on Sunday but could help in morning before I leave if that was any good,ok una
Steven MercerSep 3 2022, 9:02amHey guys,

Quick bit of advise needed, I was planning to run todays masters race in vest and shorts, weather has changed overnight, still suitable or should I wear a top now?
justin foleySep 3 2022, 4:57pmAre we required to carry a jacket for Sundays open Is there a finisher medal and T-shirt or was that just fit Saturday ?
Robert CunninghamSep 3 2022, 5:37pmNo jacket required as not officially an IMRA Race.
Robert CunninghamSep 3 2022, 5:54pmRegistration opens @ 9.30am.
Could all volunteers arrive at hillview sports center for 9am.
First Aid Officer Lillian Deegan

First Aid Officer Seamus Glynn
Road Mags Hassett
Road Ger Power
Finish line John Fitzgerald
Finish line Niall O'Ceallaigh

Road – Emigrants Rest Linda Rowden
Mountain course check Becky Quinn
Road - House entrance
Road – Estate Roaring Spring Road Tomás White
Road – House entrance Hazel Stapleton
Road - Emigrants Rest James Keogh
Road – House Entrance Thomas Moloney
Road – House Entrance Marie O'Shea
Road – Start Mary Collins
Road – Roaring Spring Road Junction Mary O Connell
Road Marshall / Farmer – Lead House entrances Maire O'Sullivan
Road – Start Helen O'Callaghan
Road – Start
Water Station (Road/Mountain entrance) Debbie McCarthy
Mountain Entrance – Position to ensure runners path not impeded – Pedestrian route Catherine Clancy
Mountain Entrance Turlough Conway
Mountain Entrance – Parking CHRIS donovan
Mountain Entrance David Power
Refreshments Hillview Barry MacCarthy
Refreshments Hillview ray murray
Refreshments Hillview Vivian O'Gorman
Refreshments Hillview Patsy McCreanor

Sunday Volunteers Preferred Role
Aoife Hall Mountain
Barry O'Shea Mountain
Brian Flannelly Laptop Operator
Carmel Fitzgibbon Mountain
Colette First Aid
Danny O'Connell Mountain sweep
Deirdre Cronin Mountain - Water Station
Deirdre O'Gorman Registration
Donna Mahon Mountain
Eddie Meegan Mountain
Edel Kellegher Mountain
Iwona Kelleher Mountain
John Laste Mountain
Kevin Broughton Mountain sweep
Kevin Lenihan Volunteers placement
Laura Flynn Finish line Prize giving
Lenny Lenihan Mountain
Leo Mahon Finish line Prize giving
Liam Lewis Road / Start Area
Lisa Quirke Cashman Registration
Lizzy Ryan Mountain
Marian Flaherty Moutain/Road
Martin Hennessy pre race route check
Martin Walsh Mountain
Michael Bailey Mountain
Michael McSweeney First aid Finish
Nick Hogan Mountain - First Aid
Rob mcEvoy volunteers placement
Sara Bourke Registration / Road
Sarah Stapleton Road/Mountain
Sarah Whelan Mountain
Sareen Walsh Mountain
Sharon Cantwell Mountain
Susan Pairceir Registration / Road
Tom Duggan
Trevor Whelam
Stephen O KeeffeSep 3 2022, 6:31pmDo we need to wear Ireland gear for this, or was that just for the race today.

I don't have any Ireland gear so will just be wearing my own gear.
Maureen LynchSep 4 2022, 2:19pmA big thank you to the organisers of this great event. So proud to be Irish and watch all the runners give their best on the hills. Thanks to all those who helped in anyway to make this such an enjoyable and memorable event