Irish Mountain
Running Association

Hellfire and Brimstone

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Brian DunphyApr 10 2008, 6:03pmI'm just wondering if anyone has Aisling Coppinger's no. or email as i would like to volunteer for hellfire.
thanks
Brian Dunphy
Tony KiernanApr 10 2008, 9:06pmBrian you can send me a mail tony.kiernan at imra.ie and I'll make sure Aisling gets the message !

Aisling CoppingerMay 6 2008, 10:42amAs "race director" for tomorrow night's race I just want to check with those that volunteered that some of you are able to show up early to help with registration. Could you contact me at aislingcoppinger at eircom dot net and let me know what time you're gonna make it to the race start. I have people allocated to the gate and parking, but need to make sure there are others there to help set up.
I would strongly urge people to car pool from Buglers Pub in Ballyboden/ Rathfarnham. Or why not cycle up if you're in South Dublin, nice hilly warm-up for ya!
We'll also be selling energy bars at the race registration tomorrow night and proceeds will go towards Turlough's Cycle for Women's Aid! So support generously.... :-)
Don't forget we're still selling the IMRA singlets at each race for ?20 so just let me or Tony know if you want one.
Aisling CoppingerMay 7 2008, 11:21pmThanks to all the volunteers who helped out tonight, really appreciated it (when it's such a fast finish time like tonight, we don't get enough time to sort ourselves out!)
Someone left gear behind them at the finish area, grey running top, black tight leggings and black socks. I'll bring them to the next race.
Team prizes for this week will be given out next week.
Thanks for buying the Team Geared Up energy bars and supporting Women's Aid. We raised well over 100 euro (still counting!)
We should have a race report up soon and I took a couple of photos which I'll link to tomorrow.
Again thanks to the volunteers!
turlough conwayMay 8 2008, 10:36amJust to echo Aislings words and thanks to everyone who bought the Team Geared Up energy bars after the race and supported womens aid and thanks especially to Aisling and Tony for organising it so well. Looks like the bars were perfect replenishment for many runners after what looked like a very challenging race and im sure they will sort runners out in many races to come!

By the way, There is more information about womensaid at womensaid.ie
They have good options for couples, teams and relays for the cycle. Might be too late for most this year (cycle is on saturday week) but will post in good time for next year.

Got myself one of the cool imra vests aswell which I hope to use to frighten some of the natives in the Warriors run in Sligo later in the summer. Looks like theyre going quick so if your planning to get one, do it ASAP!
gbMay 8 2008, 9:36pmAny truth in the rumours that publication of the results from Hellfire is being delayed pending receipt of the blood sample results of the all conquering Clonliffe ladies team ... and in particular that of overall winner of the women's race, in her debut mountain race, W50 Mags Greenan who launched her preparations for the European masters mountain running championships with a victory over a very strong women's field.

Mags is better known as a former member of the once all conquering in the 1980s Dublin City Harriers women's cross-country team, and Mike Long may remember her as the woman who wouldn't let him catch her on leg 8 of the WWR last year.
Sinead RocheMay 8 2008, 10:19pmResults are now posted... Next we need a volunteer from the event to put together a race report. In fact we are still looking for one from last week too... Come on folks, I am sure there are plenty among you that can fire up those creative writing skills and give up all something to remember from these races.
kevin englishMay 9 2008, 10:20amJust want to say thanks to everyone who organised the race,the course was fantastic but my poor legs are feeling it today,walking like a 100year old man.roll on next Wednesday :)
Rene BorgMay 9 2008, 10:34amHi all, I've put up Mark McLoughlin's race report. Final club results are being uploaded shortly.
john mMay 9 2008, 10:55amany pictures?
John ShielsMay 9 2008, 12:23pmIf anyone has pictures of the last few races they can mail them to me in work; john dot shiels at arup dot com.
I am not going to be aound for the next few races due to exams but will look after the photoediting if someone else does the taking
John
Rene BorgMay 9 2008, 2:43pmPlease note the team results are preliminary. Mark O'Sullivan finished much lower than indicated, so the team scores will need to be changed to factor that in once we've got the position confirmed.
Tony DoolinMay 9 2008, 2:56pmHi,

Because the Hellfire race was so short and the field so large, this meant that runners were still pretty bunched at the end. This made it hard to track every finisher, which is what must have happened to Mark (and possibly a few others)

One way to help with this would be to have a longer finish chute, which would make it easier for the people taking the race numbers to record everyone after they crossed the line ( rather than as they crossed it)

Tony