Irish Mountain
Running Association

Killiney Hill - GOAL Charity Race

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
abcd efghApr 8 2009, 7:09pmOk, so I'm a bit thick...

Does "Each team does three laps of 2.5k" mean:

- each team of 3 people does 1x 2.5km for a total of 7.5km
- or, does each team member (team size s) run 3x 2.5km for a total of s(7.5km)

Is this event accessible by DART/bus?

Finally, what is the admission cost?

Thanks!
Bruce ShenkerApr 8 2009, 7:34pmEach member does 1 2.5 km lap.
Take the Dart to Dalkey or Glenageary and walk up the hill to the park (dont remember exact directions in words but it is an easy walk)
Dermot MurphyApr 9 2009, 6:01pmSome instructions for next Wednesdays race - please note registration closes at 7:15pm:

There is parking available (Car park entrance on city side of Fitzpatrick's Hotel) but please try to car pool or use public transport (Dalkey Dart is probably about 15 mins walk) to minimise impact on other users of the park. Race will start at 7.30 so we will close registration at 7:15 as teams will need to be picked beforehand. Teams will be selected randomly which generally adds to the sociability and enjoyment of the occasion. Route takes in two climbs and some super scenic spots. Both annual registration fee (€10)and race entry fee will be donated to Goal - Minimum race entry is the normal €7 but more can be given to support this good cause :) After race prize giving will the Club Bar - Colliemore Road, Dalkey
Dermot MurphyApr 16 2009, 11:05amResults now up on event page. €630 raised on the night - well done to all!
Paul CullenApr 16 2009, 10:02pmI think someone went off with my tracksuit bottoms by mistake after the race. They're black and there's a hole near the knee on one leg. Anyone find them?

Thanks...
Mick HanneyApr 17 2009, 8:28pmNice photos Mary.
mary dawsonApr 17 2009, 11:47pmThanks Mick, it was good fun taking them! I don't think I got everyone though because the battery died half way through the race and I had to change it, so sorry to those I missed!!