Irish Mountain
Running Association

Three-Rock Ticknock

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Henny BrandsmaApr 30 2009, 9:30pmhi Brendan was under the inpression,after a chat wis Mike Long that we were to mark Three Rock,don,t mind if you ad my name onto your list and willing to either mark part of route or help on the night.
regards Henny contact no.0877604825 or hennybrandsma@yahoo.ie
Brendan O'ConnorMay 5 2009, 7:45pmThanks Henny, will add you once the system admin people accept me as a race director...
Brendan
Rene BorgMay 5 2009, 7:51pmHi Brendan, I've accepted you on the site now as Race Director.
Brendan O'ConnorMay 6 2009, 12:28pmHi,
Could those who have kindly offered to help at the race next week send me your email address (to: oconnor dot brendan dot m at gmail.com) or update your email address on your MyIMRA profile,

Thanks,
Brendan
Brendan O'ConnorMay 11 2009, 8:54pmCoillte have granted us extended opening at Ticknock, until 9:30pm. For those who feel they may not complete the course and exit within this time, can you consider doing the short course (or some training!). All cars must be out by 9:30pm at the latest,
Thanks,
Brendan
shane `youngMay 12 2009, 6:52pmhey was just wondering if someone can post the address of the start point or sho it on a map. trying to figure out where it is?
Cheers
Brendan O'ConnorMay 12 2009, 9:40pmShane, if you check the Events Page, there is a location map for the start point posted there.
Eoin BrowneMay 12 2009, 11:28pmHi
If my memory serves me right there was a good deal of parking problems a last years Ticknock event so I think it is important that people use the carpool arrangements either on the website or by going to Taylors and filling up any cars going to the start.
One of the issues last year was that people started parking on the road outside the forest gate before all the parking spaces in the forest were used. This resulted in chaos on the road while there was still ample space inside the gates. So a word of advice to the organisers is to bring along plenty of high vis jackets and a few rolled up newspapers to ensure that we do make the best use of the space available and don't end up annoying residents and anyone else using the area.
Con O'DonovanMay 13 2009, 9:11amCAR POOL FROM DUN LAOGHAIRE DART STATION - Hi. If you booked a seat in my car please note that I did not have my email setup properly so I have no details of you - sorry. Please email me: codonovan(a)hotmail.com to make arrangements to meet!
Brendan O'ConnorMay 13 2009, 9:59amEoin, we have that in hand - there will be no parking outside the forest (it shall be taped off), as there is ample parking within the forest itself. Pat Ryan and Deirdre O'Neill will be your Lockhards tonight,
Brendan
Brían O'MearaMay 13 2009, 11:43amHi

What time does registration close at?

Brían
Sonja FuhrmannMay 13 2009, 12:32pmWhere will the registration take place? In the lower car park or at taylors car park or where? Registration will close at 7pm, thats right? Thanks, Sonja
Brendan O'ConnorMay 13 2009, 1:33pmRegistration is always at the Race Start location, unless advised otherwise. So the registration for tonight will be at Ticknock itself, just inside the forest entrance.

Registration closes 10 minutes before race start (i.e. 7:20pm)
Thanks,
Brendan
James FlanaganMay 13 2009, 10:40pmHi all, I found a pair of runners left behind on the side of the road after this race. It looks like someone drove off without them. If you are missing a pair of Asics Gel Moriko Goretex with blue and pink bands euro size 40, or know who has, then feel free to contact me. I live in the city centre and I try to go to all of the Wednesday races, my race number is 566 so I should be easy to find. James
aisling renshawMay 14 2009, 8:53amHi James
Thanks a million for picking up the trainers- they belong to my friend. If you are doing the race next wed it would be great if you could bring them along then. Thanks!
Aisling
Rene BorgMay 14 2009, 9:05amClub results now up for this event. Congratulations to Rathfarnham WSAF and Sli Cualann for their victories in the men and women's respectively.
Edward BatemanMay 14 2009, 10:56amI was wondering if there were any photos from last night, i don't remember seeing any cameras on the course but then I didn't see much through the fog and rain.... ;o)
Rene BorgMay 14 2009, 12:03pmWe finally managed to get a good measure of yesterday's three-loop route: 8.64km and 376m ascent is the verdict.

Commendations to the Race Director and his crew for successfully bringing this Winter route from 2007 into the Leinster League, certainly one of the more interesting and varied routes available up there.

It's only weakness is you don't get to descend on the Boneshaker but there's plenty of interesting stuff to make up for it.
Eva FairmanerMay 14 2009, 12:19pmRene, Thank God we didn't have to go down the Boneshaker! I lost enough places on the other descents! Roll on Powerscourt and an uphill race. Thank you Brendan and Co for all the organisation last night, particularly to Henny and the other cheerful marshalls standing out in the inclement conditions. Much appreciated.
James FlanaganMay 14 2009, 12:28pmHi Aisling,
no problem, I will bring the trainers with me next Wednesday.
James
Jim FitzharrisMay 14 2009, 3:05pmI would just like to add my vote of thanks to Brendan and his team for a very well organised race last night with particularly good marking which was a boon given the challenging conditions.

Congrats also to Barry on his excellent win - clearly, absence does make the heart grow fonder!

I agree with Eva: roll on Powerscourt - real hill running!!

Cheers,

Jim.
Anthony MaloneMay 14 2009, 9:53pmTICKNOCK

Just like to offer up my appreciation to all those involved in organising last nights race. It was truely a great course, with lots of variation and marshall's in all the right places. Fair play and cheers.