Irish Mountain
Running Association

Mount Leinster

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Lindie NaughtonJul 8 2009, 12:38pmJ&G - Will be around to help out; tried clicking on MyImra/volunteers etc but it didn't work.
Rene BorgJul 8 2009, 2:39pmHi Lindie, I've added you on.
Jane PorterJul 14 2009, 2:07pmHi everyone. Just to remind you about the Mt Leinster race on 25th.Make sure not to miss a great race on a great route - see last year's rave reviews! For you Dublin types it is really not that far away - a quick jaunt down the N11. There will be floor space/camping available in Castledockrell (Lord and Lady will be delighted to receive you!) on Friday/Saturday night, with maybe a bed for the very select few! Self catering, will light barbeque weather permitting.
Hopefully the Boys of Wexford will be there to give you all a run for your money.And how about you Munster types? Let us know if you plan staying in Castledockrell. Jane 0876799490 Graham 0892286186. We will be at Sugarloaf tomorrow evening. Thanks for volunteering Lindie
Mick HanneyJul 14 2009, 3:21pm
I'd be up for doing a recce next Sunday morning (say 11am recce start) if anyone was interested. 086 853 9554.

Cheers.

Mick
Mick HanneyJul 19 2009, 2:51pmHi,
Recce'd M.L. this morning with Paul Mitchell. Route conditions are similar to last year with the track being quite wet, boggy and cut up in parts. Low cloud made our recce a bit longer than it should have been. If there is low cloud on the day it is advisable to have a compass to take the right bearing coming away from the Antenna.
Cheers.
Mick
Jane PorterJul 20 2009, 10:52amJust to let you all know that there will be a lot of race markers near the summit area of Mt Leinster to guide you all on your way up and down. There will also be a small amount of markers on the rest of the course.It is easier for us to do the marking than to go looking for lost runners afterwards! The going will be decidedly soft at the top but there is plenty of good running also.
So don't be put off. Everyone enjoyed the route last year despite the bit of bog.
Jane PorterJul 20 2009, 10:53amJust to let you all know that there will be a lot of race markers near the summit area of Mt Leinster to guide you all on your way up and down. There will also be a small amount of markers on the rest of the course.It is easier for us to do the marking than to go looking for lost runners afterwards! The going will be decidedly soft at the top but there is plenty of good running also.
So don't be put off. Everyone enjoyed the route last year despite the bit of bog.
Jane PorterJul 21 2009, 4:58pmI notice a lot of hoo-haa about the clash of Gerry's training and Mount Leinster. Gerry has phoned me to apologise and has promised me flowers, wine and chocolate to make up! Anyway We are sure you will all make the right decision and make the short trip down the N11. Presently the weather forecast is good for Saturday. Looking forward to seeing you all and remember Lord and Lady Dockrells invite re accomodation.
Brendan LawlorJul 21 2009, 5:20pmLady Dockrell, there's a job waiting for you in the UN if you ever decide to come out of retirement. Boutros Boutros Ghali watch your back, there's a new diplomat in town
Fergal BuckleyJul 23 2009, 12:07amAnyone heading down from Dublin on Saturday morning able to offer a lift? Would be mucho appreciated!

Fergal.
Fergal BuckleyJul 23 2009, 11:51pmAnyone?? From anywhere reachable by public transport in Dublin/North Wicklow??
Mick HanneyJul 25 2009, 5:03pmThanks a million to our Wexford hosts for a fine day\'s race on Mount Leinster. Tom Hogan\'s winning time of just over 60 mins was fab and the 60 min barrier must be within touching distance if we can get more speedy guys down the next time.
Paul JoyceJul 25 2009, 6:43pmAgree to all the above, yet again the Porters put on a fine race (and fine weather). Many thanks to Paul and Mary who gave first aid to my wrecked achilles, and to Graham who administered a massage as I writhed in agony- even though he\'s partly to blame, having gee\'ed on the Slaney runner I had just taken \"go on, you can catch him yet!\". I upped the pace and my muscles exploded! Hobbled in at the finish, aware that Cormac wasn\'t missing a chance and I probably set the injury back months trying to hold him off.
Loads of tales throughout the field is what makes imra races so complelling!
Alan AylingJul 25 2009, 11:11pmFabulous race, real old school stuff. Thanks Jane and Graham, sorry I missed the stayover, at least I was until I met one of the victims this morning...

Food in the pub was a lovely touch.
cormac o ceallaighJul 26 2009, 8:34amtop class race, brillant weather and amazing views. the sambo and finger food in the pub should be a mandatory requirement after a race.! well done Jane and Graham, great day!
Lindie NaughtonJul 26 2009, 6:37pmSome pics of start/finish at http://www.flickr.com/photos/lindie/sets/72157621825980720/
Adrian TuckerJul 27 2009, 3:47pm
Along with complimenting Graham and Jane on hosting another great race on this excellent hill, full compliments must go to the photographers on site; John and Lindie. Whereas John has once again managed to capture the nature of Mt Leinster with it’s great scenery and soft bog on top, Lindie on the other hand has managed to capture the characters, both competitor and supporter with her selection of snaps. I refer in particular to the snap of fifth place finisher Martin Monaghan and his supporter. And also to the snap of Mick and Brendan swapping war stories, well worth a look!!
Paul MitchellJul 27 2009, 11:21pmI would like to add my voice to the above.

Wonderful tough race, epic rivalaries throughout the field, friendly fun atmosphere, brilliant photos.

Thanks to Jane, Graham and volunteers for organising. Thanks also to John and Lindie for capturing the tortured faces. Thanks to Adrian for pointing out the photo of Martin and supporter - a classic!
Lindie NaughtonJul 28 2009, 11:52amThanks lads for the kind words - much appreciated!
PS: Have written a piece for Thursday\'s Herald.
Mick HanneyJul 30 2009, 7:39pmNice article Lindie, cheers.
Zoran skrbaJul 31 2009, 9:08amhttp://www.herald.ie/sport/other-sports/hogan-misses-hour-by-whisker-to-clinch-mountain-win-1846786.html