Irish Mountain
Running Association

Galtymore

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Tom BlackburnJun 25 2009, 8:55amthere is no such place as the Elbow inn in the Glen of Aherlow.We will have refreshments at the finish or people will be told on the day,prizes will also be handed out at the finish.
Maria O'RourkeJun 25 2009, 10:38pmThe nearest pub to the race is called the Foot, it's about a mile down the road from the start of the race, or there is also the Aherlow hotel which is also nearly a mile in the other direction! I can try to get some more information on both, i will be in the area this weekend, Maria O'Rourke
Paul O'GradyJun 27 2009, 6:39pmAnyone planning on driving down from Dublin for this one - i've a stag the night before - and dont fancy the drive the morning after!
pol omurchuJun 28 2009, 6:36pmPaul,I think I may drive down if you want a lift.pol@hlp.ie
Rene BorgJun 30 2009, 12:34pmI'll be driving down, but I am coming from Trooperstown Hill. I can meet anywhere close in Wicklow or on the N81 somewhere if anyone fancies meeting up and sharing a car (figure its a long old drive to be listening to Sunday morning radio).

Give me a shout at zero 85 1two1 4541 or rene dot borg at imra dot ie.
Tom BlackburnJul 2 2009, 9:33amJust to Confirm that if you are coming from Leister and exit the motorway at Cahir/Caher as the spelling differs.teke the road to Tipp town just after the Silver Sands (pub on your left)take the next left this road will bring you past the Foot bar(on tour left) through Roseadrehid and past the Caravansury bar (on your right)less than a mile from here take the left turn up Glencushabinga reg and race start are just up here there are interances to the Wood on eithir side where you can park but room is scarse.enquiries 0876994976.....
niamh o ceallaighJul 2 2009, 9:36amTom,

Is there a mandatory kit requirement for this race?

Thanks,
Niamh
Turlough ConwayJul 2 2009, 7:22pmHi Niamh, just chatted to Tom there. He said that people must bring kit (rain proof clothes, compass etc) with them to the race start and a call will be made at that stage.

Tom is also looking for a summit marshall so if there is someone traveling to the race and is willing to be summit marshall, let Tom know at the number on this thread. Bring a camera too!
Tom BlackburnJul 3 2009, 9:08amHi everyone ,Will you check your directions i have posted a note here, but some people i have talked to still think that the race start is on the Cahir/Mitchelstown side(sothern side)but we are at the north side at Glen Cush just ring me if you are unsure 0876994976..
Rich NunanJul 5 2009, 6:45pmJust a quick note to say thanks to Tom for a great race today. Lots of Climbing, hard descents, lots of falling, lots of bog, poor visibility and relentess rain.
Brilliant!!!

Well done to Peter and Caroline on their wins!!!!
mick hanneyJul 5 2009, 7:09pmI second that. A classic route that deserves a place on the calendar more regularly.
Rene BorgJul 6 2009, 8:33amI'll "third" that, its been a while since I've been able to enjoy a race simply as a great day out and take in the novelty of exploring new terrain and seeing new views.

Definitely a race I'd do again.
Paul MahonJul 6 2009, 8:49amNot sure if Caroline's win secures her the Irish Championship - Rene no doubt will confirm in due course.
In no doubt is that Peter O Farrell's win has secured him the Irish Championship for the first time!
Congrats Peter.
Rene BorgJul 6 2009, 9:01amThe mathematics are a bit tricky alright, but after Caroline's win yesterday she is on 6 points.

Karen Duggan can win the title by finishing 1st in the World Trial if Caroline finishes 3rd of lower, as this means she'll finish on 6 and Karen on 6. Carrauntoohil would in this case be the tie-breaker and Karen won this race. Any other result means Caroline wins the title.

So we'll have to wait a little bit yet to announce the female winner.

And big congratulations to Peter for winning the IC running against John on such a testing course!

Photos (courtesy of Aoife Joyce) will be up later today.
Aoife JoyceJul 6 2009, 9:47amMore work for the taggers: Photos for this event are now up.
Peter O'FarrellJul 7 2009, 10:11amThis a brilliant Irish hillrun over 3 distinct mountains and should stand proudly with Carantoohill, Croagh Patrick and Lugnaquille as one of the untouchable and very Irish races that the weekenders can enjoy every year.

Thanks must go to Tom Blackburn and team for putting on a great event, the sambos and prizes in the community hall were a nice touch.
Rene BorgJul 7 2009, 10:16amHear hear Peter!

Only lowlight was the fear of whether the guy balancing on the stairs would drop a stagelight down on one's skull! ;-)
Rene BorgJul 7 2009, 4:32pmRace report functionality is now opened up for Galtymore. Feel free to add reports, the race certainly deserved a word on the way.
Ercus StewartJul 7 2009, 6:47pmhi all, thanks to Tom, his family and all the MUNSTER CREW, and for great sambos and tea. next year organise UMBRELLAS for all. Ercus
Stephen ClearyJul 7 2009, 8:48pmMissing 11th place name in results is Rob Cleary, 743.
Rene BorgJul 7 2009, 9:24pmThanks Stephen, I have corrected that in the provisional results and it should be updated too when the database results go up later this week.
Rene BorgJul 28 2009, 9:40amClub results posted (very belated apologies!) for this race. Another fine win for Rathfarnham.

Overall standings for the LC and IC will be posted tonight (the Excel 2010 preview crashes at any attempt to sort tables, so keep a copy of 2007 if you intend to play with it is the lesson here!).